• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wonderview teams

Started by Bigleague, July 29, 2017, 08:22:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigleague

How will these two teams be.   The girls went to finals   How many did they lose?  How will boys be?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bigleague on July 29, 2017, 08:22:29 pm
How will these two teams be.   The girls went to finals   How many did they lose?  How will boys be?

Girls bring back most of the team.....boys will probably be about the same...

Majorpain

Haven't heard anything about them this summer . The girls have a great coach I look for them to be right back where they were last year and I'm sure they have improved. Zimmerman is on a AAU league.

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 29, 2017, 08:48:53 pm
Girls bring back most of the team.....boys will probably be about the same...
So boys get bounced early and girls choke on the high expectations again after beating everybody 40-50 in all the games leading up to the ones that really matter. Umm hmmm

Majorpain

Technically wonderview girls didn't beat everyone by 40 to 50 .... they had several games they barely won all season

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Majorpain on July 31, 2017, 06:15:33 pm
Technically wonderview girls didn't beat everyone by 40 to 50 .... they had several games they barely won all season

They beat some really bad teams by quite a bit last season tho

Majorpain

I agree with that. I can't wait for the season to start and see some games! It will be interesting . I'd like to see Nemo as well. They never disappoint either.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Majorpain on July 31, 2017, 08:08:03 pm
I agree with that. I can't wait for the season to start and see some games! It will be interesting . I'd like to see Nemo as well. They never disappoint either.

Girls? The run is over....

Majorpain

We should get to see Wonderview and Norfork in action around the first of November at Wonderview. I guess we will know more after that game. Norfork played a good game against Batesville Friday at Lyon. They haven't lost in any camps this year so I look forward to watching another match up between them.

Moonshiner

Norfork is BIG.  Doubt they break any 3 point records this year.  This should be a good game though

Majorpain

Three girls over 6 ft uncommon for sure. Well that's a shame about Nemo I've enjoyed watching that dynasty for awhile. I am interested to watch Jasper too.

ballmember

I know that Wonderview girls played up a lot during the season, which I think helps.   Don't know what Norfork did as far as scheduling is concerned, I just heard that nonconference schedule was not that tough, but someone please give input on that.   Hope they both do well this year.   Would like to see them in the finals rather than Bay.   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballmember on August 01, 2017, 05:30:35 pm
I know that Wonderview girls played up a lot during the season, which I think helps.   Don't know what Norfork did as far as scheduling is concerned, I just heard that nonconference schedule was not that tough, but someone please give input on that.   Hope they both do well this year.   Would like to see them in the finals rather than Bay.   

Well....bay took a serious hit when the Layne girl left town...

Majorpain

I'm really not sure what Wonderview schedule looks like this coming year. Norfork has been playing 7 a 5a and 3 a all summer. I heard they have some tough out of conference games from the start . Last year they played some tough opponents but also some that weren't very good. I think Bay definitely took a hit losing Layne but Mammoth Springs has several athletes I look for them to definitely be in the running this year.

HorseFeathers

October 31 Jasper at Norfork
November 3rd Norfork at Wonderview
November 7th Norfork at Valley springs

That's the only nonconference games that stands out to me on norforks schedule

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: Majorpain on August 01, 2017, 07:15:51 pm
I'm really not sure what Wonderview schedule looks like this coming year. Norfork has been playing 7 a 5a and 3 a all summer. I heard they have some tough out of conference games from the start . Last year they played some tough opponents but also some that weren't very good. I think Bay definitely took a hit losing Layne but Mammoth Springs has several athletes I look for them to definitely be in the running this year.
Have they been playing real games or is it still "Summer Camp" games?  Huge diff in real games and camp games.  But maybe just maybe we can count these wins!  Get higher seeds in the end of the summer state tournament!?

Majorpain

They played Pocohantas as well in a classic at Flippin. I'm not saying they played up as much as WV . I'm also not saying they are the best team this year or will run over anyone in a game or that camps this summer were real games that counted . I look forward to watching a lot of teams not only Norfork or Wonderview . At the end of the day it's anyone's game and it will be fun watching them all this year. Every team has ballers.

Moonshiner

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 02, 2017, 09:47:45 am
October 31 Jasper at Norfork
November 3rd Norfork at Wonderview
November 7th Norfork at Valley springs

That's the only nonconference games that stands out to me on norforks schedule

Norfork played at Valley last year.  Wonder if that's a typo?

Majorpain

I think he is talking about last year because they are playing up several times the upcoming year  :)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on August 02, 2017, 11:38:04 am
Norfork played at Valley last year.  Wonder if that's a typo?

That's this year...

Schedule I was looking at appears to be incomplete....whoops

NWA Hawg

What has been going on with wonderviews boy's teams the last couple years. They had a good run 4 to 5 years ago but have seen to really fell on hard time. Has the talent level fell off that bad?

SackAttack

Quote from: fann07 on August 03, 2017, 07:17:21 am
What has been going on with wonderviews boy's teams the last couple years. They had a good run 4 to 5 years ago but have seen to really fell on hard time. Has the talent level fell off that bad?
Saw them play everybodys shirley Blus Devils last year. thought the talent was good enough. Results didnt speak well but tomorow is another day for most but not all

no mascot

1a is tough to stay on top of. The numbers game can creep up on you so easily.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: no mascot on August 03, 2017, 08:49:48 am
1a is tough to stay on top of. The numbers game can creep up on you so easily.

So true. Makes you wonder how some of the teams can stay on top year after year.

no mascot

I think a quality program can be competitive abt all the time. But sustained dominance is another animal entirely.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: no mascot on August 03, 2017, 01:08:19 pm
I think a quality program can be competitive abt all the time. But sustained dominance is another animal entirely.
thats the difference, Shirley, Calico, Nemo and plenty more have a quality program with almost always competitiveness, which Guy, Bay and a few more have sustained dominance.

ballmember

Have to get move ins to have that sustained dominance.  Look at many of the programs that won the state and see about the move ins.   I think Concord boys would be an exception with no major move ins when they won the state.   Bay and Guy are certainly different.     

no mascot

I believe Concord is a consistently competitive program that had a dominant group come through.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: fann07 on August 03, 2017, 07:17:21 am
The talent has definetly dropped off. Squires is a good coach and when they lost John Beck and then M.J. Griffin it got bad and may not be good again for a couple years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas