• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A GIRLS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: Wonderview vs Bay(Thursday 7:00)

Started by Brian G, March 04, 2017, 07:47:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this?

Wonderview
40 (67.8%)
Bay
19 (32.2%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: March 11, 2017, 06:47:35 pm

Brian G

saved for more info

Brian G

Catfish

HorseFeathers

Wonderview.... If they don't win we might see fire Simon threads pop up since we have those knuckle heads in here that say coaches should be ashamed of their season if they don't win it all every year....

BoxNOne

I know the Lady Jackets have a tough matchup with Wonderview but much stranger things have happened. Bay by 3.

arstatechamp13

Moonshiner

It's a shame that Wonderview and Norfork were on the same side of the bracket.  The state championship was decided yesterday.  No offense to Bay.  Wonderview by 17

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 05, 2017, 11:22:28 am
It's a shame that Wonderview and Norfork were on the same side of the bracket.  The state championship was decided yesterday.  No offense to Bay.  Wonderview by 17

On paper, yes.... But then again Wonderview and bay were both 3 seeds coming out of region too

Thechosen1

And wv also lost to MVE a week ago who Bay beat yesterday.

Thechosen1

Everything aside, wv is a very good team, they are very well coached, same with norfork. We have to come to play but I feel like we have as good of a shot as anybody does.

Motownsportsfan

Thought people said Simon threw that game intentionally. WV had beaten MVE 3 times already but if WV had to play Norfork 2 more times I'm quite certain WV would  lose one. The best 2 teams played  yesterday. I think WV plays at a very high level on this one and wins by 12

Catfish

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 05, 2017, 11:42:50 am

It's all about match ups. lol I don't see Wonderview losing this one

Thechosen1

Quote from: Catfish on March 05, 2017, 11:52:58 am
It's all about match ups. lol I don't see Wonderview losing this one
I was right on that point. Congrats to norfork on a great season.

Thechosen1

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on March 05, 2017, 11:50:02 am
Thought people said Simon threw that game intentionally. WV had beaten MVE 3 times already but if WV had to play Norfork 2 more times I'm quite certain WV would  lose one. The best 2 teams played  yesterday. I think WV plays at a very high level on this one and wins by 12
[/quote
Wv did not throw this game lol. Why so they could be on the same side as norfork rather than Bay?

no mascot

How abt we show a little more respect to MVE? They are a legitimately competitive team that got to the semifinals of the state tournament. All of the talk of WV throwing the game against them is off target. They played well and won. Let's leave it at that.

Thechosen1

Quote from: no mascot on March 05, 2017, 12:49:09 pm
How abt we show a little more respect to MVE? They are a legitimately competitive team that got to the semifinals of the state tournament. All of the talk of WV throwing the game against them is off target. They played well and won. Let's leave it at that.
I agree 100%. MVE is fully capable of beating WV on any given night. The game was not thrown.

Motownsportsfan

I never said it was. I saw several accuse Simon of that tho. MVE was a scrappy team for sure. A great season for them. I really think their coach does a great job. Future is bright.

94hogs

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 05, 2017, 11:42:50 am

And WV beat ICC who beat bay last week 8)

I expect a good game.... But going with WV in the end.... More Homer pick... And this is Simon's 4th final in 5 years.... And no Nemo Vista waiting on him this time

Moonshiner

You could see that in the first three quarters of yesterday's game.  You could tell that Wonderview had been there before.  Multiple times.  And they held on to their lead when Norfork had a rally for the ages.  That game will be talked about, by those who were there, for a long time.  Good win for Wonderview.

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 05, 2017, 01:45:51 pm
And WV beat ICC who beat bay last week 8)

I expect a good game.... But going with WV in the end.... More Homer pick... And this is Simon's 4th final in 5 years.... And no Nemo Vista waiting on him this time
actually MVE beat ICC. We beat Norfork who beat Bay every time. Lol

Motownsportsfan

I haven't got to see Bay. Do they press or more of a half court team?  What is their bread and butter. WV wind on defense. Not a lot of size but they will play defense like crazy.

Oldref

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on March 05, 2017, 01:58:15 pm
actually MVE beat ICC. We beat Norfork who beat Bay every time. Lol

Bay and Norfork girls have not played each other.......at least not in the past two years.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Oldref on March 05, 2017, 03:05:55 pm
Bay and Norfork girls have not played each other.......at least not in the past two years.

Oldref I was hoping to finally see them play each other.  Good luck next week!! Wonderview is solid. 

Oldref

Congratulations to WV and Bay for making it to the place where everyone wanted to be when the first jump ball was thrown up in October. Lots of good teams and not one that was scary dominant like in some years past. Lots of good teams in this classification and 7 or 8 teams could be in the finals of some of the larger classes. Class A girls teams are good year in and year out. Congratulations to all that made the state tournament!!! Lots of good young players played this week. A good team is going to win and a good one is going to be state runner up.

Oldref

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 05, 2017, 03:11:03 pm
Oldref I was hoping to finally see them play each other.  Good luck next week!! Wonderview is solid.

Thanks Moonshiner we are thrilled to be in the finals and it took us four games to get there LOL. Norfork had a great and record breaking year. I expect them to be back in the hunt again next year. I got to see them play about 4 times and they are really good.

J.D.

Quote from: Oldref on March 05, 2017, 03:12:57 pm
Congratulations to WV and Bay for making it to the place where everyone wanted to be when the first jump ball was thrown up in October. Lots of good teams and not one that was scary dominant like in some years past. Lots of good teams in this classification and 7 or 8 teams could be in the finals of some of the larger classes. Class A girls teams are good year in and year out. Congratulations to all that made the state tournament!!! Lots of good young players played this week. A good team is going to win and a good one is going to be state runner up.

Well said. Nice to see you're still around.

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 05, 2017, 03:11:03 pm
i see that now. My mistake. I knew ICC  had played them and assumed Bay had as well.

Eagle_Mom_2

Won't be able to make that game. Big lunch meat sale at work Thursday. However, I'll make a predictor on this one. Bay by 7. Just compare scores, MVE beat Wonderview. Bay beat MVE. So, Bay beats Wonderview. Simple math.

thebigman3

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on March 05, 2017, 09:32:56 pm
Won't be able to make that game. Big lunch meat sale at work Thursday. However, I'll make a predictor on this one. Bay by 7. Just compare scores, MVE beat Wonderview. Bay beat MVE. So, Bay beats Wonderview. Simple math.
WV also beat Nemo and MVE beat WV. Then MVE turned around and lost to Nemo. Anything can happen. Basketball is the most inconsistent sport.

Turkeykiller

Wonderview beat MVE 3 out of 4 times I'll give WV the edge over Bay . Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't MVE beat Bay earlier in the year .

Brian G

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on March 05, 2017, 09:32:56 pm
mommy eagle u should start teaching math!

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 04, 2017, 10:57:49 pm
Wonderview.... If they don't win we might see fire Simon threads pop up since we have those knuckle heads in here that say coaches should be ashamed of their season if they don't win it all every year....
+1 ;D :)

RazorbackFan33

Bay by 5. These girls are playing their best basketball right now! It will be a great game, and im curious to see how they will stop Layne. Big bro won MVP last year. Father won it also twice back in the day. I'm saying she keeps the tradition going. But not going to be easy. Can't wait to watch thursday! 

94hogs

Thechosen1

Zimmerman will have fits with Blackman on her. May be the best one on one defender in A girls. We will have to show up and play to win. Expecting a good one.

gobblerfire

What sets Wonderview apart is you can try and shut one or even two down but they have the other three on the floor to take up the slack. They are a very well rounded team. And their defense is very solid. Just ask Norfork for their two lowest outputs of the season. I'm going with Wonderview by 15.

Moonshiner

The girl from Wonderview that got hurt during the semifinal game, will she be back?

Thechosen1

Quote from: gobblerfire on March 07, 2017, 01:10:45 pm
What sets Wonderview apart is you can try and shut one or even two down but they have the other three on the floor to take up the slack. They are a very well rounded team. And their defense is very solid. Just ask Norfork for their two lowest outputs of the season. I'm going with Wonderview by 15.
I agree. But Zimmerman is there go to scorer when things get tough. Bay girls will be ready and are hungry and are on fire. Wv girls are good all respect to them.

thebigman3

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 07, 2017, 02:02:36 pm
I agree. But Zimmerman is there go to scorer when things get tough. Bay girls will be ready and are hungry and are on fire. Wv girls are good all respect to them.
I really like what those Bay girls have done to get here! But I'm going to have to choose WV in this one. Neither team had an easy road to the Championship, and both teams are going to give it their all. Can't wait to watch this game. Should be a good one!!

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 07, 2017, 01:47:02 pm
The girl from Wonderview that got hurt during the semifinal game, will she be back?
yes she is good to go

Catfish

Like I've said... I pick Wonderview to win this game, BUT I WOULDNT BE SURPRISED AT ALL if Bay won. I haven't been very high on Wonderview this year but they did beat Norfork twice who looked EXTREMELY dominant when I watched them.

Thechosen1

Wv girls have had trouble holding leads, and Bay girls are VERY hot right now. A totally different team who are finally putting what has been there all along together. We will give 110% and we will fight till the end. Good luck to Wv hope all players stay safe and injury free.

SackAttack

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 07, 2017, 09:58:52 pm
Wv girls have had trouble holding leads, and Bay girls are VERY hot right now. A totally different team who are finally putting what has been there all along together. We will give 110% and we will fight till the end. Good luck to Wv hope all players stay safe and injury free.
There is a very good reason they have trouble holding leads and always have!! One day soon the head man will have to make a bathroom run during a key moment! Is that called a run? In and of its own right I believe it is. Sack with another phrased coined! Coaching run---when the coach gets so nervous during pressure moments that he runs to the bathroom!

High flyer

The player from wonderview that got hurt. Hasn't practiced all week an is still having head pain. My source says she will play but hasn't been check by a doctor yet. shes a great player but do you risk her health for a game?

Scout404

Quote from: SackAttack on March 07, 2017, 10:32:45 pm
There is a very good reason they have trouble holding leads and always have!! One day soon the head man will have to make a bathroom run during a key moment! Is that called a run? In and of its own right I believe it is. Sack with another phrased coined! Coaching run---when the coach gets so nervous during pressure moments that he runs to the bathroom!

That was his 7th straight Semi-Finals game. 7th straight.  This will be his 5th finals matchup.  I don't think pressure will be an issue. 

SackAttack

Quote from: High flyer on March 08, 2017, 09:32:25 am
The player from wonderview that got hurt. Hasn't practiced all week an is still having head pain. My source says she will play but hasn't been check by a doctor yet. shes a great player but do you risk her health for a game?
Isnt it mandated now that a Dr must give clearance before a player can return. Concussion protocol?? But why would Simon let such a small matter get in the way of nemo finally not being in his way!

Thechosen1

Quote from: SackAttack on March 08, 2017, 09:41:25 am
Isnt it mandated now that a Dr must give clearance before a player can return. Concussion protocol?? But why would Simon let such a small matter get in the way of nemo finally not being in his way!
No slouch team is in the way either!

BannerMountainMan

That lead the had blew in the semisfinals was just inexcusable. You don't go from up 25 to up 1 in 5 minutes. Wonderview turned the ball over 4 times in a row in the span of 1 minute if I remember correctly! In that span Wonderview tried to start holding the ball which leads to no off-ball movement and they settled for a few outside shots. They forgot their bread and butter

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas