• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Confirmed 7A bracket

Started by Razorback Red, November 04, 2017, 07:04:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

Official Bracket (Bentonville and NLR have home-field through semi's) and home teams listed on top:

Bentonville
Bye

Cabot
Springdale

Bryant
Bye

Fayetteville
Southside

NLR
Bye

Harber
Northside

West
Bye

Conway
Rogers

The Future

Was hoping we'd see that NLR/Bentonville West matchup at state.

But it's looking like the finals will consist of Fayetteville or Bentonville vs NLR or Bentonville West. Wouldn't mind seeing a Bentonville school rematch.

I'm gonna go with my gut feeling though. I'm saying Bentonville vs NLR at state.

Razorback Red

Quote from: The Future on November 04, 2017, 07:20:33 am
Was hoping we'd see that NLR/Bentonville West matchup at state.

But it's looking like the finals will consist of Fayetteville or Bentonville vs NLR or Bentonville West. Wouldn't mind seeing a Bentonville school rematch.

I'm gonna go with my gut feeling though. I'm saying Bentonville vs NLR at state.

Hard to argue with you on any of that, Future.  I do think FHS will win the rematch with Bryant and will have another playoff showdown with BHS.  It wouldn't be the 7A playoffs if these two teams didn't play.

On the other side, I do think it will be West at NLR, but don't count Harber out yet.   Let's assume West at NLR: West will by far be the best offense NLR has seen this season. 

I'm going with a homer pick and saying Bentonville vs West for the title.  That game last night was too good to not see twice. 

The Future

That would be one heck of a rematch and one heck of a state game! Anyone who is a high school football fan would wanna see it. That game might even bring in more fans than some of these Hog games! Lol.

High Voltage

BG's Snafu comes true.Has anyone heard what they are going to do?

trevster10

Well the first week doesn't seem to provide a lot of great games, but it looks like the Quarterfinals could have 3 potentially great matchups. There doesn't seem to me to be one or two teams that are head and shoulders above the rest. I could see potentially 5 maybe 6 different teams winning it all. This will be a fun post-season.

kyle0214

I like how everyone continues to discredit Bryant especially after they shut down Conway in the second half which beat Bentonville 35-16 earlier this year.  All of this was done without their starting QB.

Baitshop

November 04, 2017, 07:49:29 pm #7 Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 07:51:43 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: kyle0214 on November 04, 2017, 03:41:40 pm
I like how everyone continues to discredit Bryant especially after they shut down Conway in the second half which beat Bentonville 35-16 earlier this year.  All of this was done without their starting QB.

I don't think that you can discount anyone that has a defense as good as Bryant has this year. Having said that, I was surprised that, minus their starting QB Bryant was able to play NLR within 2TD's. However, I was surprised that Bryant hung 42 on Conway. Maybe the new QB has worked out the 1st game jitters. If so, Bryant will be another tough draw for any West team.

I have watched both Bennie teams a couple of times on film this year, and my opinion is that neither of them will beat NLR and would struggle against Bryant's defense. I'm not sure that either of the Bennie teams would beat HarBer again if HarBer weren't turning over the ball 5+ times. We will see in the quarters and semi's if either Bennie team is the real deal.

If I were a betting man (which I am, especially if it is dinner), I believe that the NLR Chuggin' Kitties pop the 7A Central's State Championship cherry this year...

Razorback Red

Quote from: kyle0214 on November 04, 2017, 03:41:40 pm

I don't think anyone is overlooking Bryant, just a tough draw to play a good team early that you've already beat.  FHS is a different team now and will have revenge on the mind.   I think that game is a toss up.  Win that one and then they go on the road to Bville, who is arguably playing the best football in the State over the last month.

Can Bryant win, Yes, but that is a tough road.  If they beat FHS, BHS and then NLR/Harber/West in 3 straight weeks, they will have earned the title. 

PA Dad

Quote from: Baitshop on November 04, 2017, 07:49:29 pm
I don't think that you can discount anyone that has a defense as good as Bryant has this year. Having said that, I was surprised that, minus their starting QB Bryant was able to play NLR within 2TD's. However, I was surprised that Bryant hung 42 on Conway. Maybe the new QB has worked out the 1st game jitters. If so, Bryant will be another tough draw for any West team.

I have watched both Bennie teams a couple of times on film this year, and my opinion is that neither of them will beat NLR and would struggle against Bryant's defense. I'm not sure that either of the Bennie teams would beat HarBer again if HarBer weren't turning over the ball 5+ times. We will see in the quarters and semi's if either Bennie team is the real deal.

If I were a betting man (which I am, especially if it is dinner), I believe that the NLR Chuggin' Kitties pop the 7A Central's State Championship cherry this year...

I agree with you about NLR.  But there have been a couple of years when I thought NLR should have won state and they disappointed me.  I hope this is the year they get over the hump.

Razorback Red

Quote from: PA Dad on November 04, 2017, 11:01:07 pm
I agree with you about NLR.  But there have been a couple of years when I thought NLR should have won state and they disappointed me.  I hope this is the year they get over the hump.

I agree that NLR should be the favorite going into the playoffs.  They have been solid all year.  My knock on them is they've really only played 2 good teams out of 10.  I think the scary game for them (assuming they get by Harber) is the semifinal game vs West.  Gonna be tough to beat West, unless they can throw the ball.  West is going to score on anyone they play, the key to beating them is sustained drives.  Get by West and NLR is pulling for Bryant, rather than having to play one of those 2 pesky teams that they've struggled against the last several seasons. 

PA Dad

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 04, 2017, 11:13:42 pm
I agree that NLR should be the favorite going into the playoffs.  They have been solid all year.  My knock on them is they've really only played 2 good teams out of 10.  I think the scary game for them (assuming they get by Harber) is the semifinal game vs West.  Gonna be tough to beat West, unless they can throw the ball.  West is going to score on anyone they play, the key to beating them is sustained drives.  Get by West and NLR is pulling for Bryant, rather than having to play one of those 2 pesky teams that they've struggled against the last several seasons.

Good analysis.  As I've said before, NLR desperately needs to toughen its non-conference schedule.

And I'm certainly not saying that NLR will win it all.  Harber is not an easy game.  Add West, Bentonville, Fayetteville and Bryant and the state winner can say they ran a tough gauntlet to win it all.

pigskin

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 04, 2017, 11:13:42 pm
One of those pesky teams NLR beat 41-18 in a 2 quarter scrimmage at beginning of season(for whatever that's worth).

businesstron

I think Bentonville has a pretty easy path to state.  I only saw them fully in the scrimmage against NLR and their game against West and they've improved immensely.   Bryant or Fayetteville will give them a good game but I don't see Bentonville losing with how they've been playing. 

NLR and West in my opinion will have a tough time just getting to the semis.  NLR could have their hands full with Harber.  Their season hasn't went the way they thought it should go but they are in a perfect position to make a run.    West as good as they are on offense struggles against the run on defense.   Conway is balanced enough on offense to give them problems.  West has feasted on one dimensional teams but almost the only balanced team they played all year (Bentonville) they struggled to stop.   

If West and NLR do meet it'll be a game....almost a pick em.  Cabot/Springdale and Fayetteville/Southside might be fun first round games.

sportsguy80

November 07, 2017, 05:20:39 am #14 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 05:42:42 am by sportsguy80
Quote from: businesstron on November 05, 2017, 03:10:35 am
I think Bentonville has a pretty easy path to state.  I only saw them fully in the scrimmage against NLR and their game against West and they've improved immensely.   Bryant or Fayetteville will give them a good game but I don't see Bentonville losing with how they've been playing. 

NLR and West in my opinion will have a tough time just getting to the semis.  NLR could have their hands full with Harber.  Their season hasn't went the way they thought it should go but they are in a perfect position to make a run.    West as good as they are on offense struggles against the run on defense.   Conway is balanced enough on offense to give them problems.  West has feasted on one dimensional teams but almost the only balanced team they played all year (Bentonville) they struggled to stop.   

If West and NLR do meet it'll be a game....almost a pick em.  Cabot/Springdale and Fayetteville/Southside might be fun first round games.
I'm not sure about Harber being a big threat but I don't see Bentonville being that much better than West, Fayetteville, or Harber. Out of all the 7a teams, NLR has been the most dominant but their schedule is nowhere near the best. I think this NLR team is different from past teams due to Mitchell. Also, I predicted earlier in the season that Fayetteville and Bryant would possibly meet again. I always say it's hard to beat a team twice but we shall see...

trevster10

PA Dad

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 04, 2017, 07:28:38 am
Hard to argue with you on any of that, Future.  I do think FHS will win the rematch with Bryant and will have another playoff showdown with BHS.  It wouldn't be the 7A playoffs if these two teams didn't play.

On the other side, I do think it will be West at NLR, but don't count Harber out yet.   Let's assume West at NLR: West will by far be the best offense NLR has seen this season. 

I'm going with a homer pick and saying Bentonville vs West for the title.  That game last night was too good to not see twice.

Sorry Red, but it ain't going to happen.

I still say NLR wins it all this year.  I'm beginning to doubt that the West will even have a team in the final.

Razorback Red

Quote from: PA Dad on November 16, 2017, 10:16:28 pm
Sorry Red, but it ain't going to happen.

I still say NLR wins it all this year.  I'm beginning to doubt that the West will even have a team in the final.

The Central looks good, but don't count out the two teams left from the West.  They happen to have a pretty solid history of winning titles.  Not saying it's going to happen, but I wouldn't bet against them. 

PA Dad

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 16, 2017, 10:19:28 pm
The Central looks good, but don't count out the two teams left from the West.  They happen to have a pretty solid history of winning titles.  Not saying it's going to happen, but I wouldn't bet against them.

You are right.  I'm just feeling my oats tonight.  I just hope NLR doesn't disappoint me again.

businesstron

I say Bentonville and NLR meet in Little Rock.     

sportsguy80

For some reason this just seems like NLR year. We shall see in the very near future...

PA Dad

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 16, 2017, 10:30:31 pm
For some reason this just seems like NLR year. We shall see in the very near future...

I think NLR has the best team this year.  That's why I'll be very disappointed if they don't win it all.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas