• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Girls top 10

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, November 28, 2018, 12:29:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

February 02, 2019, 12:00:50 pm #200 Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 12:03:46 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: MDXPHD on February 02, 2019, 11:55:43 am
Batesville was probably bored at half. Beating y'all by 26, 23 and being up by 19 at half. They were pretty content. Knew they were the better team.

And fyi, Batesville has some great freshmen and sophs. Relatively young themselves.

You keep saying calling the dogs off with 50 seconds left. Again, I repeat, you don't have to sub everyone to call the dogs off. Sometimes having a 20 point lead at half leads to being content. Not keeping the pressure on offensively. Etc. Surely you've watched enough basketball to know what I'm talking about.

Go ask the coach Fowler if he called the dogs off , #24 or any players if they were bored in the 2nd half

I'll wait....
19 pts was their largest lead 39-20 at half
39-48 end of third
71-58 final

You were there correct?

MDXPHD

Quote from: EarlTheSnakeWhite on February 02, 2019, 08:15:33 am
That out of bounds call where they gave it to Batesville toward the end of the game was one of the worst calls I can remember

That's why y'all lost I'm sure.

JessieP

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 02, 2019, 11:49:54 am
The Pioneers didn't have the we are going to cruise to an easy victory look in their eyes start of the 4th qtr after Brookland cut the  lead to 9 pts. They knew they where in a game. They couldn't stop Ford ,  she is a dandy and a first class competitor, her mom showed me pics of her and #24 & I believe #25 from Batesville together after she won Homecoming. Nothing but respect for the Batesville players , they played hard. Please show me were I stated the refs were paid off ...
I just said they missed some obvious calls late.
Hope we get another chance to play Batesville. Playing great teams make you better.

My soapbox has always been people bringing the refs into it. It's dominated the National sports talk these past 2 weeks.  It's a cop out and an excuse, nothing more. The Rams/Saints no call? You give the Rams the face mask against Goff 2 minutes earlier and they have 1st and goal on the 3. They burn a minute off the clock and go up by 4 instead of 3. The Saints have 25 seconds to score a TD instead of 2 minutes to score a FG. People who were at the game pointed out that both Griffin and Izzy were getting hammered in the 1st half and no fouls were called. The point? It all averages out. Over the past 2 weeks ESPN has been playing the old Joe Montana quote that applies to girls high school basketball as much as the NFL. Joe nailed it when he said "I have never in my life seen the refs determine the outcome of a game and neither has anyone else"

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 02, 2019, 12:02:09 pm

Nope ,  , but in a 7 pt game with 3 min left those calls are huge.

Proud of our Lady Bearcats for battling back after a falling behind 19 at half. Great experience for our girls!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: JessieP on February 02, 2019, 12:05:13 pm
My soapbox has always been people bringing the refs into it. It's dominated the National sports talk these past 2 weeks.  It's a cop out and an excuse, nothing more. The Rams/Saints no call? You give the Rams the face mask against Goff 2 minutes earlier and they have 1st and goal on the 3. They burn a minute off the clock and go up by 4 instead of 3. The Saints have 25 seconds to score a TD instead of 2 minutes to score a FG. People who were at the game pointed out that both Griffin and Izzy were getting hammered in the 1st half and no fouls were called. The point? It all averages out. Over the past 2 weeks ESPN has been playing the old Joe Montana quote that applies to girls high school basketball as much as the NFL. Joe nailed it when he said "I have never in my life seen the refs determine the outcome of a game and neither has anyone else"

Lol

NEA Razorback olfan

February 02, 2019, 12:22:10 pm #205 Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 12:27:18 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
One thing for sure , my comment brought out a lot of lively discussion from fans ...brought attention to girls basketball forums ....enjoyed it

EarlTheSnakeWhite

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 02, 2019, 12:02:09 pm

Nope, I never said we lost because of the refs. I was just pointing out the horrible call that was mentioned. Those kind of calls are huge when the game is close towards the end. We lost because Batesville played better. Hats off to them they are very talented and well coached.

Go Postal

Harrison Lady Goblins are 20-4 (9-1) as of tonight.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas