• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville Junior High

Started by intruder, November 06, 2013, 09:21:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NWA Hawg

Quote from: richboy on November 02, 2017, 12:13:10 am
busta lol hes been bumped up to play a grade ahead every year besides this year because mom didnt approve.

I can understand why with what's in front of him.

cuckoobird

Quote from: richboy on November 01, 2017, 12:21:34 pm
Arkadelphia @ Nashville tomorrow at 7
Winner wins 4-7 jr high championship
I didn't know if senior high played Thursday because half the teams will.

~WPS~

Keyshawn Stewart takes the opening kickoff 85 yards for a TD

Nashville 7
Arkadelphia 0

7:47 1st

~WPS~

Busta Thomas 14 yard TD run

Nashville 7
Arkadelphia 7

2:34 1st

~WPS~

End of 1st. Arkie at the Nashville 19

~WPS~

Ty Gordon 1 yard TD run

Nashville 14
Arkadelphia 7

2:52 2nd

~WPS~

Nashville 14
Arkadelphia 7

Halftime

~WPS~

Stewart 9 yard TD run

Nashville 21
Arkadelphia 7

0:41 3rd

~WPS~

Arkadelphia scores from 10 by recovering their own fumble in the end zone.

Nashville 21
Arkadelphia 13

5:04 4th

~WPS~

Stewart 6 yard TD run

Nashville 29
Arkadelphia 13

3:45 4th

~WPS~

Nashville 29
Arkadelphia 13

Final

65!!!! 7th consecutive undefeated season.

jay nelvin

Awesome accomplishment, congratulations!

ghoti

wish someone would have told us the ref crew from the 2007 arkansas vs florida game was in town to call it. we could have all just stayed home.

scrapman

Quote from: ghoti on November 02, 2017, 09:49:51 pm
wish someone would have told us the ref crew from the 2007 arkansas vs florida game was in town to call it. we could have all just stayed home.
No way...not Arky complaining about refs again. The conspiracy continues. Sr high, Jr high, everyone hates them...home and away. Only team in the state to get calls against them.

ghoti

scrapman

Quote from: ghoti on November 02, 2017, 09:55:31 pm
not from arky sorry
Figured you were. Been the same old song all year.

cuckoobird

Well since he isn't from arkie, it's no longer a conspiracy

Neckred

No Arky 8th grade?  They had the best team around last year.  WTH?

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 02, 2017, 10:01:59 pm
Well since he isn't from arkie, it's no longer a conspiracy
My theory is it has to do with how the Arky coaches act on the sideline. Comical at times. We were laughing and could hear the language all the way across the field. Jumping up and down. On the field. Complaining about every call and no call. There is an art in working an official and that is obviously a lost art in Clark county.

scrapman

Quote from: Neckred on November 02, 2017, 10:09:20 pm
No Arky 8th grade?  They had the best team around last year.  WTH?
They were on the field tonight. I counted 35 suited up 8th and 9th combined. Goes back to what I was talking about earlier. Why so low on numbers?

Goose0

Nashville jr high is a great team no doubt. 2 calls could have gone arkies way might have changed the outcome but none the less scrappers were the better team on offense and defense

ResidentOfTheVILL

Meh calls went  what I thought to be both ways seemed even..... that being said  lets say the one call that most likely has arky in arms the alleged fumble  run back for a td even if we gave that one back to them  just would have been  a lil different score  with Nashville still on top

cuckoobird

Quote from: ResidentOfTheVILL on November 03, 2017, 07:59:20 am
Meh calls went  what I thought to be both ways seemed even..... that being said  lets say the one call that most likely has arky in arms the alleged fumble  run back for a td even if we gave that one back to them  just would have been  a lil different score  with Nashville still on top
there is a little thing called momentum

ResidentOfTheVILL

I will give you that ... to a POINT... but  in this case  I don't see it ending any different truly I don't see it making  a diff
just my point of view never mind the call was  a good one but not gonna defend it all day .... end of the day it was a very good game

Neckred

It amazes me coaches are allowed to get away with cussing 15 year old kids.  Should never happen

hogfan10

Quote from: scrapman on October 26, 2017, 09:03:39 pm
Why

I agree, I think JV is beneficial to a program.
Arkadelphia's theory is that, in general, Arkadelphia has no two way players. Some exceptions for situational purposes, but nobody plays both ways for any amount of significant saps. So, the thought is that JV is not needed if you have 30-35 players getting significant PT on Friday nights.

8th & 9th are both low in #'s, although what they have is pretty good. Could have separate seasons, but again, for the most part nobody plays both ways; so they just combined for 1 team.

Last nights game was a good one. Always amazed with the size of the Nashville players. Competitive game, I think Nashville is probably a more complete team; also think Arkadelphia got screwed on a scoop & score late in the first half, ended up being a 13/14 point swing in a game that ended 29-13.

hogfan10

Quote from: scrapman on November 02, 2017, 09:52:30 pm
No way...not Arky complaining about refs again. The conspiracy continues. Sr high, Jr high, everyone hates them...home and away. Only team in the state to get calls against them.

In case you weren't there, Nashville clearly fumbled near the goal line when the runner extended the ball toward the endzone, Arkadelphia scooped and went 101 for the score. No TD signal, no whistle, somehow still Nashville ball. Play continued all the way til Badger score, still no whistle, while run back is going on 3 officials meet center field 3 yard line head official is running in circles at about Nashville's 35, hands in the air looking for a call from the other 3. Ball goes back to Nashville, they score from the 1 on the next play; took 6/7/8 off the board for Arkadelphia, added 7 for Nashville, leaving us with a 14-7 deficit at the half.

hogfan10

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 03, 2017, 08:26:49 am
there is a little thing called momentum

Momentum going into the half with a 6/7/8 pt lead, and getting the ball first to start the second half.
Unfortunately you can always count on 1 or more calls like this in Nashville. Also had a 65/75 yd TD called back in the 4th qtr for a mysterious blocking foul.
Badgers managed to overcome and score, but an additional 3-4 minutes came off the clock. There weren't many penalties in this game, just odd that one of the few occurs on a big play for the Badgers that wasn't in the vicinity of the ball. Don't remember any blocking penalties on Nashville.

SCHawg

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 03, 2017, 09:27:05 am
I agree, I think JV is beneficial to a program.
Arkadelphia's theory is that, in general, Arkadelphia has no two way players. Some exceptions for situational purposes, but nobody plays both ways for any amount of significant saps. So, the thought is that JV is not needed if you have 30-35 players getting significant PT on Friday nights.

8th & 9th are both low in #'s, although what they have is pretty good. Could have separate seasons, but again, for the most part nobody plays both ways; so they just combined for 1 team.

Last nights game was a good one. Always amazed with the size of the Nashville players. Competitive game, I think Nashville is probably a more complete team; also think Arkadelphia got screwed on a scoop & score late in the first half, ended up being a 13/14 point swing in a game that ended 29-13.
Arky is never gonna win state without having a few two way players.  Gotta play the best both ways especially in the playoffs

hogfan10

Quote from: SCHawg on November 03, 2017, 09:44:16 am
Arky is never gonna win state without having a few two way players.  Gotta play the best both ways especially in the playoffs

I agree.
In past years it seemed as if we would not do it regardless of game/situation. Warren in 2013, I think if you put Oliver/Howell and a few others on defense at key moments it MIGHT have made a difference.
I think this year there are some guys that get snaps on both sides, but for the most part it doesn't happen, and it's not on a full time basis. The junior high did play several lineman both ways this year though, due to low #'s.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Neckred on November 03, 2017, 09:24:45 am
It amazes me coaches are allowed to get away with cussing 15 year old kids.  Should never happen
What coaches are you speaking of? 

cuckoobird

Ours did at that age but that was back when kids weren't coddled

SCHawg

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 03, 2017, 10:48:24 am
Ours did at that age but that was back when kids weren't coddled
There is never a time where a coach should say the F word in front of kids, especially girls and I've seen that a lot.  I know cuss words are gonna slip out and I have no problem with that. 

ResidentOfTheVILL

Scoop N Score Really? he was ruled down  before the ball was "scooped" ::) Mysterious Block was a block in the back right in front of the official arky coach saw  it how did you miss it lol  but .....I suppose if I were in your boots I would be fussy to

hogfan10

Quote from: ResidentOfTheVILL on November 03, 2017, 11:29:02 am
Scoop N Score Really? he was ruled down  before the ball was "scooped" ::) Mysterious Block was a block in the back right in front of the official arky coach saw  it how did you miss it lol  but .....I suppose if I were in your boots I would be fussy to

I guess our coach told you he saw it? The play was at midfield on our sideline, didn't see it, but I'm sure you did.
Scoop & score, again on our sideline; don't think he was down, but again I'm sure your view was better. By the way why was the play never blown dead if he was down. 3 possible responses from an official on that play, two involve blowing the whistle to signal end of play (down & TD, which also calls for raising both arms). Neither of those options were chosen by the officials, but the 3rd option was, which was to let the play continue until the 100 yard scoop & score was completed.

ResidentOfTheVILL

Yep  I did see it  both actually ;D and  I would figure no one chasseing or trying to stop him  would have been a indicator but shrug its over but if you want  you can have the touchdown  we still win  just by not as much  thank you have a good day

hogfan10

November 03, 2017, 05:44:02 pm #286 Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 05:50:48 pm by hogfan10
Quote from: ResidentOfTheVILL on November 03, 2017, 05:04:07 pm
Yep  I did see it  both actually ;D and  I would figure no one chasseing or trying to stop him  would have been a indicator but shrug its over but if you want  you can have the touchdown  we still win  just by not as much  thank you have a good day

Well actually, that call resulted in a 2 score swing. Took 6 off the board for us, and put 7 on the board for Nashville (scored on the next play). What happens after that is unknown. Don't know why Nashville stopped, but we're taught to play til the whistle blows, which it did not. Oh and you didn't say, but did our coach confirm to you that he agreed with the block in the back call?

Anyway, as I said in another post, I do think that Nashville had a more complete team. Our guys actually put up more of a fight than I was expecting, and who knows how it would have turned out if that one play goes our way. But unfortunately, right or wrong, officiating like last night is what we expect whenever we travel to Nashville, AR; and by the sound of it we're not the only ones that feel that way.

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 03, 2017, 05:44:02 pm
Well actually, that call resulted in a 2 score swing. Took 6 off the board for us, and put 7 on the board for Nashville (scored on the next play). What happens after that is unknown. Don't know why Nashville stopped, but we're taught to play til the whistle blows, which it did not. Oh and you didn't say, but did our coach confirm to you that he agreed with the block in the back call?

Anyway, as I said in another post, I do think that Nashville had a more complete team. Our guys actually put up more of a fight than I was expecting, and who knows how it would have turned out if that one play goes our way. But unfortunately, right or wrong, officiating like last night is what we expect whenever we travel to Nashville, AR; and by the sound of it we're not the only ones that feel that way.
Go cry on someone else's shoulder

ABC™

Don't play us. Just save the gas money and forfeit.

scrapman

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 03, 2017, 05:44:02 pm

From the sound of the FF boards all year you get those calls at home and away not just in Nashville. Your varsity head coach gets kicked out of a game (that was a mistake).  All the refs hate Arky. They are stellar for everyone else.

hogfan10

Quote from: scrapman on November 05, 2017, 12:09:44 am
From the sound of the FF boards all year you get those calls at home and away not just in Nashville. Your varsity head coach gets kicked out of a game (that was a mistake).  All the refs hate Arky. They are stellar for everyone else.

You can choose to ignore it, but the consensus on going to Nashville is that inevitably you will be screwed by the refs. If by "you" you are referring to Arkadelphia getting those calls all year, please provide some examples, because I've yet to see that claim made on FF by anyone.

polksalet

The greatest part about being from Nashville is having the refs cheat for us even on the road.

scrapman

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 07, 2017, 12:04:09 pm
You can choose to ignore it, but the consensus on going to Nashville is that inevitably you will be screwed by the refs. If by "you" you are referring to Arkadelphia getting those calls all year, please provide some examples, because I've yet to see that claim made on FF by anyone.
Go back and read the Arkadelphia threads. Won't be hard to find.

scrapman

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 07, 2017, 12:04:09 pm
Like the Arkadelphia vs bauxite thread....arkadelphia vs ashdown thread....didnt look at any others but I'm sure it is there. Been there all year.

hogfan10

Quote from: scrapman on November 11, 2017, 07:39:13 pm
Like the Arkadelphia vs bauxite thread....arkadelphia vs ashdown thread....didnt look at any others but I'm sure it is there. Been there all year.

Or the Nashville vs Bauxite thread?
Notice 2 of the 3 you mentioned were played in Arkadelphia. When's the last time Nashville has complained about the refs in Nashville?

scrapman

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 13, 2017, 01:37:09 pm
Or the Nashville vs Bauxite thread?
Notice 2 of the 3 you mentioned were played in Arkadelphia. When's the last time Nashville has complained about the refs in Nashville?
Way to switch it up...you asked for examples. I have them and said there were more as well. You came back this....we were talking about crying  Arky fans.

hogfan10

Quote from: scrapman on November 14, 2017, 10:54:05 pm
Way to switch it up...you asked for examples. I have them and said there were more as well. You came back this....we were talking about crying  Arky fans.

I didn't switch anything up. You gave examples of when Arkadelphia complained about the officiating, I asked for examples of when Arkadelphia received the favorable calls.

snoopy22

Arkadelphia won state this year with 11 on offense and 11 on defense.  Prescott won state last year with 11 on offense and 11 on defense. 

~WPS~

Another season is here. 2018 season starts with a 65 game winning streak on the line. The last loss was in 2010 against Lake Hamilton. Ironically, this season starts at Lake Hamilton. A lot of tough challenges on the schedule, and it'll be a huge accomplishment to get this streak to 74.

2018 Schedule
8/30 - @ Lake Hamilton
9/6 - @ Magnolia
9/13 - @ Arkadelphia
9/20 - vs Bauxite
9/27 - vs Fountain Lake
10/4 - @ Robinson
10/11 - vs Ashdown
10/18 - vs Harmony Grove
10/25 - @ Malvern

OrangeCrush.

This is probably the most worried about the streak I've been since it started. The schedule is loaded as usual. This team has some talent but isn't as good as what we've been spoiled by over the past few years. Hopefully I'm wrong and they keep it going.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas