• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nintendo Wii

Started by lion pride 06, January 02, 2008, 05:19:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lion pride 06

Ive been searching for a Wii for the past couple of hours and can't think of any other placesto call. If you can think of any other store that may have 1, please post it.

Ive called
k mart
wal mart
best buy
gamestop
eb games
target
sears
circuit city
radio shack
sam goody

Rizzo

zebradynasty

Ebay is the only sure way to find those things! Be ready to pay waay more than the $250 listed price for a basic console. My adivce would be to wait until production catches up with the orders. That may take a while I read an article before Christmas that factories are putting them out as fast as they can and just can't keep up! Kids love it most innovative game I've seen!

Chief_Osceola™

I've heard that Nintendo is going to flood the market with them sometime this month.  Wait a week or two, and you will probably be able to find one pretty easily.

bulldogs1159

Have a friend at Best Buy. Thats how I have got every new system as soon as it comes out. Just have them give you  a call as soon as the truck comes in with them. That being said it still couldn't get me the game rockband. I had to go to a lonely target here in town that no one goes 2 to find one left.

superfan

Trust me on this.  I found my sisters wii at wal-mart.  The secret to get it is go to walmarts on tuesdays about 10 AM that is when they come in usually.

Drama Mama ™

January 02, 2008, 09:54:12 pm #6 Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 10:00:15 pm by Drama Mama
Wait till the 15th.  Walmart should have a new batch in stock. I purchased one on ebay for my son 3 weeks before Christmas.  I had called every store within a 100 mile radius. No body had one in.  Of course as soon as I got mine delivered, someone I knew said they just left Circuit City and they had several in the Springfield store  :P    I just lucked out and didn't take any chances on not getting one. I got one for not much over the actual market price of $249.     I would NOT have bought one for the crazy prices that they were/are going for on ebay.  I got on and into an auction that everyone must have overlooked with 2 minutes left.  Lucky me. 

I'll say this, the Wii is awesome.  The whole family has been playing and it gets everyone off their hinny and on their feet moving.  My 5 year old is pretty tuckered out after an hour of bowling ;D

What ever you do, DO NOT go online and pay some crazy price.  Just wait it out and they will be back on the shelves.  If it had not been for Chistmas, I would not have paid a dime more than it was worth at Wally World.   But that is what my son wanted and that is what his mama got him ;D  I don't regret it one bit.  As soon as he leaves and takes it back to college with him, my husband will be at the store buying one for the house. 

RD™

Friggin Wii Friggin Sucks

Texarkana_Piggie

bulldogs1159

Quote from: RD on January 02, 2008, 10:12:13 pm
What games have you played? I have had a blast everytime I have played it.

Drama Mama ™

January 02, 2008, 10:24:03 pm #10 Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 10:26:59 pm by Drama Mama
No really,  it's pretty neat.  We've had some major family game time this last week.   I woke up about 5 a.m. Saturday morning and my husband was down stairs playing baseball and having a heck of a time all by himself.    And, I don't know how you can get in a smack down over bowling, but the Drama Family sure has ;D

My son has had a pretty good time playing Madden 08 and some "Angel something ????"  game. 

Maybe Wii doesn't suck.... maybe you suck at playing Wii  :-X  ;)  ;D

Texarkana_Piggie

my daughter got one fro christmas....we got the the 'carnival games' game....she has played that and the wii sports more than anything else.  the carnival games disc is all the old games you play on the midway at the fair..  she loves it and is dang good a some of them.

RD™

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on January 02, 2008, 10:21:43 pm
Try playing Madden on that thing, tried it at my cousin's house.

-Painted Fan-

I'll also recommend Game Xchange, with stores in Fort Smith and NWA.
Also, check some of the smaller Wal-Mart stores (like Ozark, Booneville, Paris, and Midland Ave. in the FS area) instead of a big Supercenter.
We got lucky last year when we walked into Sam's right when they received a shipment.
And don't give up.  You'll get one.  We absolutely love ours.  My 10 year old has a blast just making up new Mii's on it.  We probably play the Wii Play (and second one, also), more than any of the others.  And I just got the new Playground for the family for Christmas.  It has Dodgeball, Tetherball, Slot Car racing, Wall Ball, Kicks (volleyball with no hands!), Darts, etc.  It's a blast!
If you're into games for the entire family, you can't go wrong with the Nintendo Wii.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: RD on January 02, 2008, 10:37:57 pm
You should play Mario Party its addictive. Also football and shooting games aren't really ment for that system.

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on January 02, 2008, 10:47:55 pm
Quote from: RD on January 02, 2008, 10:37:57 pm
You should play Mario Party its addictive. Also football and shooting games aren't really ment for that system.
Oooo, I'm was gonna buy Mario party tomarrow.  Is it really that good ?

AllSmiles

Dude, the Wii is he||a cool!

bulldogs1159

Yea most of the mini games are really fun. I can only think of a couple that weren't.

RD™

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on January 02, 2008, 10:57:55 pm
Yea most of the mini games are really fun. I can only think of a couple that weren't.
I may have to come up to your place and give it a shot.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: RD on January 03, 2008, 12:03:58 am
Just do it before school starts back up. I also have rock band. Bring beer. :)

RD™

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on January 03, 2008, 12:05:49 am
I will own on the drums. I'll see if I can get a kitchen pass this wkd

AHM™

Quote from: RD on January 03, 2008, 12:14:54 am
Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on January 03, 2008, 12:05:49 am
I will own on the drums. I'll see if I can get a kitchen pass this wkd

lol..."kitchen pass"....love it....

I have a friend that is selling her Wii for $300 and it has 3 games with it...any buyers out there.....

RD™

300.00? -- what games?

AHM™

Quote from: RD on January 03, 2008, 12:28:02 am
300.00? -- what games?
yea...not sure what the games are i know one of them is this surgery game that your wife would love....and the other two not sure, would call her right now but she's an ER nurse and is at work...

lion pride 06

Quote from: AHM on January 03, 2008, 12:29:56 am
Quote from: RD on January 03, 2008, 12:28:02 am
300.00? -- what games?
yea...not sure what the games are i know one of them is this surgery game that your wife would love....and the other two not sure, would call her right now but she's an ER nurse and is at work...

Well how many controllers/numbchucks are there and where are you located? PM me when u get a chance and let me know.

Juice-Man

I agree man.  The Wii is an abomination to the gaming gods.  The only type of games that are any good on a Wii is first person shooters.  I played RE4 on one the other day and it was cool.  But sports games on a Wii... NEGATIVE!!!

mattp_68

wii is pretty awesome..especially wii sports..but i own a 360...play rock band and COD 4 all the time

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Juice Man on January 03, 2008, 03:30:50 am
I agree man.  The Wii is an abomination to the gaming gods.  The only type of games that are any good on a Wii is first person shooters.  I played RE4 on one the other day and it was cool.  But sports games on a Wii... NEGATIVE!!!

Once the developers get used to the controls and precision of the numchucks, first person shooters will own on the Wii.  It will be like having the best of console and PC controls - analog movement and mouse-like aiming.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: Coach P on January 03, 2008, 03:34:01 am
wii is pretty awesome..especially wii sports..but i own a 360...play rock band and COD 4 all the time
PM me your gamer tag. We should rock band.

Chief_Osceola™

Speaking of COD4, I just picked it up today.  J-lo, you have my GT.  Coach P, if you want to send me a friend request my GT is gammons89.

superfan

I'm up for some call of duty 4 on 360.  I think i'm on chief Osceola's friend list so if you see me online invite me for some COD 4.

Chief_Osceola™

If I'm able to get online tonight, I'll send you an invite.  I have a sick daughter to tend to, but if she's feeling better I may jump online after she goes to sleep.

msubulldogs21

I like the Wii, but it's not something I would actually go out and buy. A friend of mine has one and I play it sometimes, but for the most part I just play sports games such as NCAA Football and MVP Baseball for my PS2. Obviously the Wii isn't suited as well for sports games, and that is the main reason I'm not getting one. The only game I've played so far though is Wii Sports and it's been fun. My favorites are bowling, golf, and tennis. I honestly bowled a 249 today, which is by far my high score. Has anyone topped that?

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: msubulldogs21 on January 03, 2008, 10:09:23 pm
I like the Wii, but it’s not something I would actually go out and buy. A friend of mine has one and I play it sometimes, but for the most part I just play sports games such as NCAA Football and MVP Baseball for my PS2. Obviously the Wii isn’t suited as well for sports games, and that is the main reason I’m not getting one. The only game I’ve played so far though is Wii Sports and it’s been fun. My favorites are bowling, golf, and tennis. I honestly bowled a 249 today, which is by far my high score. Has anyone topped that?
Yep. . . .  the wii bowling pro's were at my house this past weekend.......  can't remember the top score but it was >249.  Heck my 5 year old bowled a 180 something.

wonderboys

I am glad that they are now making Wii games to be played online. Also, it is great to download Mii's that other people create. Some people must have a lot more options on their Mii channel than I do.

GBdog2003

I carry a 209 Bowling average and a 182 PBA Sport Shot Avg for real life bowling lol shot 299 couple a times still waiting for that ever elusive 300.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas