• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pottsville and Clarkville Game

Started by mountainman, January 20, 2019, 03:28:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainman

Clarkville Girls coach lost the game. Clarkville had a 3 point lead with 3.2 seconds left in the game Pottsville call timeout to set up a play to get the ball in his best 3 point shooter hands. Pottsville got to go the whole length of the floor. Clarkville  had just committed 5 foul and had one to give. Clarkville coach did not have his girls foul her went she started down the court she shot one from the center line and made it to tie the game. Pottsville won in overtime they are now tied for first place in the conference with Clarkville and Pottsville win the tie breaker.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: mountainman on January 20, 2019, 03:28:25 pm
Clarkville Girls coach lost the game. Clarkville had a 3 point lead with 3.2 seconds left in the game Pottsville call timeout to set up a play to get the ball in his best 3 point shooter hands. Pottsville got to go the whole length of the floor. Clarkville  had just committed 5 foul and had one to give. Clarkville coach did not have his girls foul her went she started down the court she shot one from the center line and made it to tie the game. Pottsville won in overtime they are now tied for first place in the conference with Clarkville and Pottsville win the tie breaker.
She's fast. Once the girl got to her she was launching her shot from half court. You do realize a foul gives her 3 free throws. I think coach would rather risk a missed half court shot than sending her to the line for a much higher chance of tying. I'm going to say she and the lady apaches won the game instead of the Clarksville Coach losing it. Tremendous performance from both teams though! Lots of talent in both programs.

mountainman

I have to disagree I blame the Clarkville coach.I talked to coach Drew after the game he set up a screen down the sideline for her. All the Clarkville girl had to do is push the pottsville girl that was sitting the screen into her before she got to the center line for the shot. I think the Clarkville coach didn,t tell the his girl to foul as soon as the ball  was thrown in.

Gray lizard

All I can say is what a game with an even better finish to regulation.  I really liked the effort the girls gave in the game.  These are the type games that pay off down the road. Keep fighting till you win.

Gray lizard

In the other game the boys.  What a turn around from the prior game 70-38 vs 47-49.  Pottsville lost the first game at Clarksville by 2 and won the second game at Pottsville by 32.  In the last game Pottsville played 17 deep.  I did not get to go to the Clarksville game, but was told the boys did not play well and received some bad calls. A 30 point turn around make a guy wonder.

scrapdig

There is never a time to play 17 players in a close game

Gray lizard

Quote from: scrapdig on January 21, 2019, 02:25:33 pm
There is never a time to play 17 players in a close game
The last game was a 32 point win.  Went deep in the bench with playing time late in the 3rd and entire 4th quarters.

wait4it

playing 17?  what is up with the top 8 i wonder....

Gray lizard

Quote from: wait4it on January 22, 2019, 12:39:40 pm
playing 17?  what is up with the top 8 i wonder....
You guys messing with me?
Pottsville plays 3 to 4 players off the bench in most games they rotate the players very well giving rest to all players.  In this game younger players got quality minutes of playing time. 

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 22, 2019, 01:23:35 pm
You guys messing with me?
Pottsville plays 3 to 4 players off the bench in most games they rotate the players very well giving rest to all players.  In this game younger players got quality minutes of playing time.
LOL I fail to see why clearing the benches in such a lopsided game would cause confusion. It was never even close from the tip off.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas