• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 1 Booneville vs. Ozark

Started by Purple and Gold Bearcat82, August 28, 2015, 04:50:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple and Gold Bearcat82

August 28, 2015, 04:50:19 pm Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 04:52:05 pm by Purple and Gold Bearcat82
Even though it's a week until the game let's get this started. Don't know much about Ozark but I have to go with my Cats by 8. Would like to here yalls thought about the teams and how you think the game will go. Glenn Parrish is doing a best of  all time roster for booneville on facebook so I figured we could try that with some of the best games between the Cats and Hillbillies over the years. Let the talking begin.

Proud Buckaroo

beach bum

I will go with the same of Booneville by 8.... it should be a dandy and a great atmosphere to be at.

Longfellow

Booneville definitely has talent up front, but I think it's gonna take a few weeks before the backfield gets to the top of its' game. Bearcats by 3

ChucktownTiger

Heard Ozark is down and Bville has some serious voids to fill after this last graduating class. From what I'm hearing outta Ozark I'm gonna go with the Cats by 14.

WPWells

macadoshis

Not impressed with Ozark at all.  Booneville by 20.

OLDSCHOOL82

My cats will pull it out but it will be a few weeks before we are firing on all cylinders.  The poor boys have already been having some bad luck like last year.  Should be a great atmosphere as always against the hillbilly goats.

Proud Buckaroo

Longfellow

They're canceling the season because they know they won't beat the gators week 4

BigMan15

Coach Booneville

It's gonna be a bit different in Booneville this season compared to the previous couple.  We're replacing a lot of talented players with a lot of unproven players.  However, I have faith that we will get things going soon...I've got the Cats by 13. 

nastynice

Quote from: macadoshis on August 28, 2015, 08:56:37 pm
Not impressed with Ozark at all.  Booneville by 20.
Why are you not impressed with Ozark? Have they played already this year and I missed it?

The Dynasty

What's the over/under on confederate flags in the parking lot Friday night when these two meet up?

WPWells

Do we count depictions on license plates?

The Dynasty

WPWells

ChucktownTiger

16 . That's prolly shooting a lil low.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: The Dynasty on August 31, 2015, 12:21:15 pm
What's the over/under on confederate flags in the parking lot Friday night when these two meet up?

There is no southern pride flying proudly in south logan county!! Can't speak for Franklin, you bunch of hillbillys!!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 31, 2015, 12:37:51 pm

May want to rethink that number.  Theres probably that many in the parking lot of the donut palace, at noon!!

Longfellow

If it's 16, I'll take the over. By a lot

BigLion10

Legend

It will look like a Lynard Skynard concert.

Lineman

I went to a Skynard concert once, a VERY diverse crowd. I was called a skinhead, all because I used to shave my head. But I know what you saying.

Legend

I heard if you bring a can food item they will give you a free rebel flag. The whole town of Sugar Grove will be there!

Legend

I know its just JR High but any predictions on the game tontie. There will be a huge turnout for the game

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Legend on September 03, 2015, 07:30:53 am
I know its just JR High but any predictions on the game tontie. There will be a huge turnout for the game

I believe theres a thread on it in the Jr High forum. 

AirWarren

This game has always fascinated me. Seems like pure hate between the two towns.

I remember back in the day when Ozark was also a double slot team. You talking about a rough game right there between two hill towns ha.

nastynice

There is a lot of hate still there. Most everyone in Booneville considers Ozark their most hated rival.  When I worked in Ft Smith several years ago, there were a couple guys from Ozark that worked there also. On game week we would have to be on separate crews just to keep from getting in a fistfight. The week after was even worse! Both teams usually play over their heads during this game.

Legend

This rivalry goes from 3rd grade all the way to Hs. These teams learn to hate each other at a young age!

Coach Booneville

Booneville should be good to go tomorrow.  I know we have lost a lot of talent from our skill positions, but I think they have been replaced with a few kids with enough talent to have a good year.  Big line, most with experience last year.  I'm ready for some Friday Night Football!!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Legend on September 03, 2015, 09:26:37 am
This rivalry goes from 3rd grade all the way to Hs. These teams learn to hate each other at a young age!

There is a lot of 2nd and third generation hillbillys and bearcats playing each other.  That always helps!!  That's pretty neat also.

nastynice

You never know how these kids will react after a horrible chain of events last 10 days. When you lose 2 classmates in 2 separate incidents, and another airlifted to hospital, things like that can weigh heavy on young minds! In cases like this, it weighs on everyone's mind. I could be wrong, but I believe the coaches gave the boys the decision to play or not Friday and the boys said they wanted to play.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: nastynice on September 03, 2015, 09:49:11 am
You never know how these kids will react after a horrible chain of events last 10 days. When you lose 2 classmates in 2 separate incidents, and another airlifted to hospital, things like that can weigh heavy on young minds! In cases like this, it weighs on everyone's mind. I could be wrong, but I believe the coaches gave the boys the decision to play or not Friday and the boys said they wanted to play.

If I am not mistaken, the young lady that was airlifted has been a water girl.  I hear she is recovering well.

nastynice

Quote from: Legend on September 01, 2015, 12:55:25 pm
I heard if you bring a can food item they will give you a free rebel flag. The whole town of Sugar Grove will be there!
Wrong! Sugar Grove has it's own flag. They don't need rebel flags. They are their own nation.

Legend

I heard stories of a Game Warden that tried to cause trouble in SG. Didnt go to well

Nice interception by Taiton Mitchell for booneville

x14113

If you only knew how much I wanted to say about the Ozark offense....

But then I decided to let it speak for itself.

Boy, am I glad I did.

That's the last thing on my mind, though...

AirWarren

x14113

AirWarren

gitrdone

Not a good showing for my Bearcats last nite, lots of room for improvement. A big shout out to Ozark who played a great game and most importantly showed a lot of class with their victory line banner and also could have scored another TD with a 1:50 left on our 5 yd line and took a knee. Its been a rough week for Btown but we will survive and get stronger. Go Cats.

cat scratch fever

Booneville also missing having coach May.

gitrdone

True, but wouldn't have changed the outcome.

WPWells

Losing a coach isn't an excuse. That's just something you'll have to deal with. That's like Charleston saying we lost to Shiloh because we lost Ty Storey

gitrdone

Cant believe I agree with you, whats the world coming to!!

cat scratch fever

no excuse it may be a ruff year for the cats

Legend

I defenitley didn't see that coming. When was the last time Ozark shut out Booneville @ home?

adaptedtigerfan

Charleston could have had Peyton Manning and wouldn't have won that game.

Quote from: x14113 on September 04, 2015, 10:05:12 pm
If you only knew how much I wanted to say about the Ozark offense....

But then I decided to let it speak for itself.

Boy, am I glad I did.

That's the last thing on my mind, though...
Yeah yalls offense looked good last night. We have a lot of improvements to do. It will be nice to get our offensive linemen and halfback back. I believe it will be a couple of weeks before we start clicking, but that's just me. I do want to say that I agree with gitrdone yall did show a lot of class last night and for that I say thank you.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas