• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Prescott win it this year?

Started by 4thandgoal, August 27, 2015, 12:34:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

4thandgoal

Is this the year the curly wolves break through and win the big one?

Skip Baymore

Quote from: 4thandgoal on August 27, 2015, 12:34:49 am
It would not surprise me at all if the P-Wolves turn out to be the best this year.  Several really good teams at the top and not a whole lot separating them, at least as we start the season.   I have Prescott as number 2 preseason but not by much.  Skipper.

PrivateLesson

nastynice

Not unless they are way better than last year!

Lineman

Jimbo Morphis

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: nastynice on August 27, 2015, 05:17:50 am
Can you elaborate a little better on your statement????? I mean I know there are areas of the game the Curley Wolves need to work on to get better.  I'm just wondering what you are referring to.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on August 27, 2015, 08:07:08 am
Can you elaborate a little better on your statement????? I mean I know there are areas of the game the Curley Wolves need to work on to get better.  I'm just wondering what you are referring to.

Just having the talent and athletes is half the equation.  They have that. 

CURLEYWOLF24

Bigredhog1971

How did they look in their scrimmage game?

PrivateLesson

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 27, 2015, 08:10:00 am

Just having the talent and athletes is half the equation.  They have that.
Was that a Coach Slam??  Lol!   Come on Oldschool!!  :)

Hootie

El Jefe

Quote from: 4thandgoal on August 27, 2015, 12:34:49 am
No

nastynice

Prescott was a slightly above avg team last year and you let an avg Booneville team come to your place and take home a victory. If your not considerably better than 2014, then there's no way you are beating Smackover.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: nastynice on August 27, 2015, 10:18:45 am
Prescott was a slightly above avg team last year and you let an avg Booneville team come to your place and take home a victory. If your not considerably better than 2014, then there's no way you are beating Smackover.
I guess being avg is not that bad at all then, I will take an 11-1 season against an average team like Booneville who gave the state champs all they wanted and more who beat the Bucks last year..  But hey Prescott and Booneville is average!!!!!  PLEASE!!!!

Proud Buckaroo

Wait a minute...let me get something right. Because Smackover lost to charleston by ONE TD. Eh.. Never mind. I won't go there.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 27, 2015, 10:31:46 am
Wait a minute...let me get something right. Because Smackover lost to charleston by ONE TD. Eh.. Never mind. I won't go there.
But almost lost to Episcopal who PRESCOTT BLEW OUT!!!  See we can go there.

Proud Buckaroo

August 27, 2015, 10:51:56 am #17 Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:56:53 am by Proud Buckaroo
I want you to go look at the film, and I want you to see exactly what the field looked like. If you guys had to play ECS on that field. It wouldn't have been a blow out. So, we can go there.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 27, 2015, 10:51:56 am
I want you to go look at the film, and I want you to see exactly what they field looked like. If you guys had to play ECS on that field. It wouldn't have been a blow out. So, we can go there.
Nothing against the Bucs, I was not going there.  It was about Prescott and Booneville being AVERAGE last year.  Good luck this Monday against Warren.

HeadBussa08

dumbest thread on the board. Curley Wolves are concerned with Mr. Harvill and the Gurdon Go-Devils. thats it thats all.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on August 27, 2015, 11:01:19 am
dumbest thread on the board. Curley Wolves are concerned with Mr. Harvill and the Gurdon Go-Devils. thats it thats all.
You are correct HeadBussa!

-Painted Fan-

Almost 9 months later and you still can't give Charleston any credit or respect.
Why am I surprised?
In your eyes, Charleston didn't win that game.
Rather, it was Smackover who lost it.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on August 28, 2015, 05:48:27 am
Almost 9 months later and you still can't give Charleston any credit or respect.
Why am I surprised?

And nine months later you can't let it go either...so who's better off?

WPWells

Painted Fan, I think you're confusing PB and Fever. PB gave us props

Proud Buckaroo

I believe you are confusing the two of us.

WPWells

macadoshis

Every thread somehow navigates to either Charleston or Smackover. Love it.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: macadoshis on August 28, 2015, 09:05:48 am

They are the center of gravity in all that is 3a football!  Come on Mac.  You know that!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: macadoshis on August 28, 2015, 09:05:48 am
yup

The King

No, Mcgehee is going to run the gauntlet...

adaptedtigerfan

Oldschool you might as well hang up the purple and start wearing black...   You know you want to!

JC Guy

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on August 28, 2015, 05:48:27 am
Why am I surprised?
Read this twice and I am still trying to comprehend how you came to that conclusion!

Smackover Fan

Can Prescott win it all? Well, Smackover and Charleston are "down." Take that how you want to. Now, before I make people mad. Smackover and Charleston are down to about the level I think Prescott and Booneville we're last year (which means they have dropped maybe a collective point.) Charleston is a well coached reload every year team, and Smackover is a well coached group of speed demons who have tasted blood and I PROMISE they want more. So, can Prescott win it all? Definitely can. The key is to play football, get your boys focused on the regular season while your coaches keep an eye out on Smackover and Charleston. (Not trying to write off anyone, there are plenty of teams who I include in the large 3A power pool this year.) Go Bucks!

CURLEYWOLF24

August 31, 2015, 01:29:43 pm #33 Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 12:27:20 pm by CURLEYWOLF24
Quote from: Smackover Fan on August 31, 2015, 11:13:26 am
Can Prescott win it all? Well, Smackover and Charleston are "down." Take that how you want to. Now, before I make people mad. Smackover and Charleston are down to about the level I think Prescott and Booneville we're last year (which means they have dropped maybe a collective point.) Charleston is a well coached reload every year team, and Smackover is a well coached group of speed demons who have tasted blood and I PROMISE they want more. So, can Prescott win it all? Definitely can. The key is to play football, get your boys focused on the regular season while your coaches keep an eye out on Smackover and Charleston. (Not trying to write off anyone, there are plenty of teams who I include in the large 3A power pool this year.) Go Bucks!
Well said! Some of it anyway....

Smackover Fan

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on August 31, 2015, 01:29:43 pm
Well said!

It sounded more cocky than I like to still. I basically see a 25% chance for Smackover, Charleston, or Prescott. And the last 25% for whoever emerges out of Lamar, ECS, Fordyce, McGhee, or Booneville. Any of those teams, in my opinion, COULD be in Little Rock at the end of the year (and ECS could be there still playing football*)

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Smackover Fan on August 31, 2015, 02:06:43 pm
Well said!

It sounded more cocky than I like to still. I basically see a 25% chance for Smackover, Charleston, or Prescott. And the last 25% for whoever emerges out of Lamar, ECS, Fordyce, McGhee, or Booneville. Any of those teams, in my opinion, COULD be in Little Rock at the end of the year (and ECS could be there still playing football*)
are you sure you're from smackover?

Smackover Fan

Quote from: Oldman on August 31, 2015, 02:43:10 pm
Quote from: Smackover Fan on August 31, 2015, 02:06:43 pm
Well said!

are you sure you're from smackover?

I'm the Angel that perches on the towns shoulder. I'm predicting a Smackover Charleston rematch, but I will definitely remain objective as much as I can. Prescott is in the best situation they could ask for being probably the most experienced team in 3A. Prescott issue with me is more coaching, over confidence, and whiney fans. (Some not all). Prescott has the team to win it, just not sure they have the rest of what makes a champion team.

Skip Baymore

Smackover is "down" this year?  Oh brother.  There are lots of things not right about this statement.   They come in as most everybody's preseason number 1, but I guess they aren't gonna be the type of team weve become accustomed to seeing over the years from the Bucks.   You are doing the more knowledgeable and savvy Buck fans and 3a football fans in general, a disservice here. 

HeadBussa08

Smack and Charleston were on the same level as Booneville and Prescott last year. heck you have to throw ECS in the group as well. ECS gave Smack all they wanted. Booneville gave Chuck all they wanted. Not to mention a great game tween Booneville and Prescott. To say they were a level above is a little more than mildly amusing lol

Smackover Fan

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on September 01, 2015, 12:40:03 am
Smack and Charleston were on the same level as Booneville and Prescott last year. heck you have to throw ECS in the group as well. ECS gave Smack all they wanted. Booneville gave Chuck all they wanted. Not to mention a great game tween Booneville and Prescott. To say they were a level above is a little more than mildly amusing lol

Which is why I said they only dropped a collective point. That little edge that put Smackover and Charleston in the State Championship game is gone. This season has 4-6 schools that all have a legitimate shot at taking the rings. To say that Smackover and Charleston WEREN'T just a small bit ahead of the others would be a ludicrous statement. They were the last ones standing. Sorry if you misconstrued my statement to mean Noone else was any good at all, that isn't what I meant.

Longfellow

Quote from: Smackover Fan on September 01, 2015, 12:58:02 am

Which is why I said they only dropped a collective point. That little edge that put Smackover and Charleston in the State Championship game is gone. This season has 4-6 schools that all have a legitimate shot at taking the rings. To say that Smackover and Charleston WEREN'T just a small bit ahead of the others would be a ludicrous statement. They were the last ones standing. Sorry if you misconstrued my statement to mean Noone else was any good at all, that isn't what I meant.
I wouldn't say 4-6 could win it. More like 3-4. Charleston, Smackover, Prescott, and I'm not sold on Lamar yet. It could change over time with injuries and such, but right now I see those three being capable of winning state. I would give a little edge to Prescott with them having their QB and most of the offensive line back

Scooter2121

September 03, 2015, 02:05:24 am #41 Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:08:29 am by Scooter2121
Quote from: Longfellow on September 01, 2015, 07:58:43 am
Quote from: Smackover Fan on September 01, 2015, 12:58:02 am

I wouldn't say 4-6 could win it. More like 3-4. Charleston, Smackover, Prescott, and I'm not sold on Lamar yet. It could change over time with injuries and such, but right now I see those three being capable of winning state. I would give a little edge to Prescott with them having their QB and most of the offensive line back
I heard Prescotts QB was picked off a couple of times and was sacked 4-5 times in their scrimmage game.

cdelaney

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 27, 2015, 10:51:56 am
I want you to go look at the film, and I want you to see exactly what the field looked like. If you guys had to play ECS on that field. It wouldn't have been a blow out. So, we can go there.
Well it's a dumb thread, I agree, but when has that ever stopped me...
Prescott beat ECS bad in every phase of their game in October, but the ECS team that played Smackover was vastly improved by then, for several reasons, mostly having a healthy Robinson at RB, having young kids improve especially on defense, and having their best athletes in the secondary (playing both ways, which they didn't do at Prescott). Not saying ECS would have beaten Prescott at the end of the season, just know ECS had improved a lot; don't know if Prescott had or not. I have already weighed in that I think Wolves should be the favorite to win state this year.
Also can't ignore the field comment, even though it was beaten to death after ECS/Smack game. Anyone who thinks/thought the field hurt Smack more than ECS is dreaming, first off. The second point is that it is too funny that the previous year, when Smack was mostly a power running team and ECS was primarily a passing team, and when Smack ran the sprinklers all week to make the field a swamp, the Smack supporters all said the field conditions had no impact on the game; but this year when both offenses appeared to be more balanced, and the game was basically a toss-up, the muddy field seemed to be the only thing that kept the game close!

Proud Buckaroo

Have I ever said that the field didn't effect ECS as well? No, I didn't. I was making it a point that if Prescott had played ECS that night.. It would have never even been a blow out.

cuckoobird

You dont know that. Football is a game of match ups. Period  Prescott just matched up better than smackover with ecs

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 03, 2015, 02:15:09 pm
You dont know that. Football is a game of match ups. Period  Prescott just matched up better than smackover with ecs

If you read his post. They were without their star RB was as healthy when they played Prescott. When ECS played smackover. They had their RB.

OLDSCHOOL82

Proud Buckaroo

cuckoobird

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas