• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TONIGHTS SCRIMMAGE GAMES

Started by BUCK FEVER, August 24, 2015, 09:39:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 26, 2015, 10:12:20 pm
Brookland is a 4A school who has improved. At the start of the night the Colts had problem with the defensive line. That may be the one weak point for the Colts this year and it could be a big one. Also, remember this was a scrimmage game. Also there looked to be a little laziness by a couple of players on the offense line. Once again, I do not call out names or number of these kids except to praise the. Speaking of, watch #11 this year. In 45 years of watching colt football, he might be the best linebacker I have ever seen for the Colts or in their conference. The kid is so fast it looks like no one touches him and when he hits, you feel it in the stands. The young man (shouldn't say Kid) is just that freaking good. It was unbelievable. I'm pretty sure I know his mane but I'm not 100% sure (players swap numbers) so I will not call out his name, but Coltmom.......be very proud.

coltmom#10

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 26, 2015, 10:18:33 pm
Brookland is a 4A school who has improved. At the start of the night the Colts had problem with the defensive line. That may be the one weak point for the Colts this year and it could be a big one. Also, remember this was a scrimmage game. Also there looked to be a little laziness by a couple of players on the offense line. Once again, I do not call out names or number of these kids except to praise the. Speaking of, watch #11 this year. In 45 years of watching colt football, he might be the best linebacker I have ever seen for the Colts or in their conference. The kid is so fast it looks like no one touches him and when he hits, you feel it in the stands. The young man (shouldn't say Kid) is just that freaking good. It was unbelievable. I'm pretty sure I know his mane but I'm not 100% sure (players swap numbers) so I will not call out his name, but Coltmom.......be very proud.

Thanks! And I am!  Bless his heart, he catches it from home and he cant run to grandma's house for safety :) But I would  love to see him at DE and just let him go.

luxora4life

August 27, 2015, 12:33:23 pm #52 Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 06:56:01 am by luxora4life
Quote from: coltmom#10 on August 27, 2015, 09:08:45 am
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 26, 2015, 10:18:33 pm

Thanks! And I am!  Bless his heart, he catches it from home and he cant run to grandma's house for safety :) But I would  love to see him at DE and just let him go.

DE might best fit his new body size, but I'm not the coach. Plus, he's going to go hard every play wherever he play.I really enjoy watching him play.  I can respect coltfan opinion. but that statement is bold when you look at the history of that position at Rivercrest.  I'm not 45 just yet, but a name that pops in my head is Ricky Smith.  His size, speed, and pure disregard for the ball carrier body was second to none in my opinion.  One thing for sure is since I have started following Rivercrest in the late 80's there have been some studs to play that position.

Coltfan2005

There has been some great players at that position since 1970 (thouh not every year). But this kid has size, speed, a disregard for anyone's body, plus those two things that so many high school players lack....intelligence and a great grasp of the game. Moving him to DE might limit him to one side of the field unless the coaches adjusted him on each play.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas