• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who do you think is going to win the 3A-3?

Started by Paperman, August 17, 2015, 08:01:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Paperman

Alright NEA football fans of Class 3A, who is going to win the conference this year? Thoughts? I think Rivercrest and Osceola will slug it out with Hoxie, Melbourne and Manila fighting for third - fifth. I don't see Corning or Piggott doing much and Cedar Ridge will be better, but they will be pressed to get out of the cellar.

Longfellow

Osceola takes the title and makes a deep playoff run

Paperman

It could happen Longfellow, it just depends on quarterback play and improved defensive play for the Seminoles. I think the same applies to the Colts, but they do have a workhorse in the backfield with Langston.

Coltfan2005

Rivercrest has a big off line, a great running back, and some speed at QB. Their offense will be fine this year. The big question is their defense. It has to improve from last year or they will have big problems with Hoxie and Osceola. Can not give up 30 points a game and go very far.

Bias

IMO It will be a slug fest between Osceola and Rivercrest, but i give the Seminoles the advantage. I have a feeling Hoxie will struggle a little they had to fill to many key positions. I think 3rd and 4th place will be a coin toss.

adaptedtigerfan

State champs 2010

Rivercrest has the biggest and most skilled line than they have had in the past 10 years. Plus a work horse in the back field with Langston. The question is the qb position. They have 3 good qb's battling for the 1 spot. Once that decision is made I think rivercrest will turn some heads this season If the defense improves and it looks as they have improved since last season. I guess we will see! Seminoles take the 2 seed!! Go colts!!!

Longfellow

After last years game against Charleston and based on what they bring back, Osceola will be a tough out for any team. I think they would certainly be one of the best match ups for Smackover.

OB11

The offensive line and Langston at running back will be tough to handle for any team this year when they play Rivercrest.  The big question on offense is who will play qb.  For the first time in a while the Colts won't have that home run threat behind center.  Not taking anything away from the kids battling for that spot; but none of them have the pure athleticism the last few quarterbacks have had. 

As stated, the Colts defense will have to play much better if they have a shot at a playoff run.  I think Osceola will be tough to beat.  But as last year showed, when the Colts and Seminoles play you can throw records, talent, and anything else that might be an indicator out the window.  These two will play for the top two seeds.  I think Hoxie will have some trouble replacing key players from last years team and finish 3rd.  Anything else after that in this conference is a toss up.  I will go out on a limb and say Manila makes a run at a playoff appearance this year.  Good luck to all the teams in the 3-3A.  Should be a fun year.

Coltfan2005

Melbourne will likely take the fourth spot and the 5th will go to the team that comes out on top of the cellar dwellers. Manila has a decent chance this year but Piggott claims to have "turned a corner" under their second year head coach.

State champs 2010

Rivercrest hasn't had a good qb in the past 3 years. These 3 are just as good althetes as the past 3 qb's. Just depends on which one steps up! Still think rivercrest has the edge. Beating osceola the past 5 years I think the streak will contuine this season! Go colts!!

Bias

You mean it depends on if Langston stays healthy.

OB11

Quote from: State champs 2010 on August 20, 2015, 08:14:13 am
Rivercrest hasn't had a good qb in the past 3 years. These 3 are just as good althetes as the past 3 qb's. Just depends on which one steps up! Still think rivercrest has the edge. Beating osceola the past 5 years I think the streak will contuine this season! Go colts!!

I will have to respectfully disagree with you on this statement...the last 3 qb's have been outstanding athletes.  Again...not taking anything away from the young men fighting for that spot right now but they just don't have the level of athleticism as the Colts are used to.  There's no doubt that one of them can step up and be a great qb.  Just not the kind of qb that the past few have been.   

State champs 2010

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on August 20, 2015, 07:40:03 pm

I will have to respectfully disagree with you on this statement...the last 3 qb's have been outstanding athletes.  Again...not taking anything away from the young men fighting for that spot right now but they just don't have the level of athleticism as the Colts are used to.  There's no doubt that one of them can step up and be a great qb.  Just not the kind of qb that the past few have been.
check pm oliverboy

Coltfan2005

I'm not going to say Rivercrest hasn't had a good QB in the last three years, just not exceptional. I'm sure those young men tried and gave all they had.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 20, 2015, 10:27:45 pm
I'm not going to say Rivercrest hasn't had a good QB in the last three years, just not exceptional. I'm sure those young men tried and gave all they had.
im not saying they wasn't giving all they had cause they were. Just sayin you can't judge the 3 qb's this year when you haven't even seen them play yet. I know they are all good qb's. I kno 1 of them has started and won 3 conference championships in junior high. I hope it will lead to another this year! Go colts!

Coltfan2005

Jr high QB's sometimes don't transition well into High School. With the line he'll be behind I think this one might do well, if he starts.

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 18, 2015, 10:47:39 pm
Rivercrest has a big off line, a great running back, and some speed at QB. Their offense will be fine this year. The big question is their defense. It has to improve from last year or they will have big problems with Hoxie and Osceola. Can not give up 30 points a game and go very far.
the Noles only score 14 pts against the Colts last season all in the 1st qt. Colts defense always show up against the Noles... 8)

WPWells

ISU7

Quote from: Longfellow on August 17, 2015, 08:05:00 pm
Osceola takes the title and makes a deep playoff run
It will be a lot different for the Noles without Weeden and James, sure they will be fine in conf play, playoffs will be different. Discipline will be the key too this team, can the Noles coaches keep their players focus, time will tell. 8)

ISU7

Quote from: Bias on August 20, 2015, 05:32:08 pm
You mean it depends on if Langston stays healthy.
Healthy players is the key to any team..you think.. 8)

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 21, 2015, 06:40:11 pm
Jr high QB's sometimes don't transition well into High School. With the line he'll be behind I think this one might do well, if he starts.
With the plays the Colts run a lineman can do a good job at qb, as proven at the end of last season.. ;D 8)

bootlegger

if rivercrest qb can pass a little to make teams respect it.then that should help with every team just focusing on langston.he will be hard to stop if our line can just hold their blocks for a couple of seconds.

ISU7

Quote from: bootlegger on August 23, 2015, 04:28:57 pm
if rivercrest qb can pass a little to make teams respect it.then that should help with every team just focusing on langston.he will be hard to stop if our line can just hold their blocks for a couple of seconds.
Agree!!!!!!!

rivercrestQB??

Outstanding athletes don't make the best Qb's! Because we have not had very good quarterbacks the last few years. Even 2010 year. We were lucky to win that year. As it may seem sometimes the best teams don't always win. An in my opinion,  Last year's QB was nothing but a drama queen. I hate to say it, but its true.

rivercrestQB??

Quote from: ISU7 on August 23, 2015, 01:57:44 pm
With the plays the Colts run a lineman can do a good job at qb, as proven at the end of last season.. ;D 8)
I like you! maybe that's what he is doing moving #57 to #11 Let him QB then block for 33

Coltfan2005

Quote from: rivercrestQB?? on August 25, 2015, 09:06:44 pm

Outstanding athletes don't make the best Qb's! Because we have not had very good quarterbacks the last few years. Even 2010 year. We were lucky to win that year. As it may seem sometimes the best teams don't always win. An in my opinion,  Last year's QB was nothing but a drama queen. I hate to say it, but its true.

The 2010 class had some luck on their side as do all teams. But to come on here and put them down is ridiculous. That senior class had more talent than the Colts have had for awhile and The Colt Nation is very proud of them. Calling last year's QB names is uncalled for. Your name implies you have been a Rivercrest QB or plan to be one. Do the Colt nation a favor, if you have plans to one day be a Colt QB.......transfer. No one needs this attitude.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: rivercrestQB?? on August 25, 2015, 09:08:22 pm
I like you! maybe that's what he is doing moving #57 to #11 Let him QB then block for 33

#11 is NOT a quarterback, so why move #57t to #11? Maybe you need a small lesson on the Colt personnel. 15 looked good, as did #7. I apologize for not seeing the third canidate play Monday. I'm sure he did fine also.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 26, 2015, 10:01:11 pm

The 2010 class had some luck on their side as do all teams. But to come on here and put them down is ridiculous. That senior class had more talent than the Colts have had for awhile and The Colt Nation is very proud of them. Calling last year's QB names is uncalled for. Your name implies you have been a Rivercrest QB or plan to be one. Do the Colt nation a favor, if you have plans to one day be a Colt QB.......transfer. No one needs this attitude.
I agree with you Colt fan 100%!!!!

coltmom#10

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 26, 2015, 10:05:28 pm

#11 is NOT a quarterback, so why move #57t to #11? Maybe you need a small lesson on the Colt personnel. 15 looked good, as did #7. I apologize for not seeing the third canidate play Monday. I'm sure he did fine also.
Actually I think #11 would be a good QB and do as well as the other 3! But I think the other guy was being sarcastic, something I figured you would know Coltfan! lol Because he was a lineman and has been moved. But I think he was moved to fullback, I might be wrong. And as for the 3rd QB it was # 10 and I think he did as well as the other 2 and that 's all i am going to say on that! After watching the tape, we have to really work on a lot of things. And I think # 11 should go to DE and #12 and #1 should be the linebackers and I think....................................................................... I could keep going on, but it will do no good! IM not the coach and he would not take my advice anyway.

Proud Buckaroo

Some times it's just best to let the Coaches do their jobs. Rather we like it or not. They were hired for a reason.

OB11

Thank you for saying that so I didn't have to.  My response wouldn't have been quite as polite.  ;D

luxora4life

August 27, 2015, 12:43:26 pm #32 Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 06:52:35 am by luxora4life
I really like what the coaches are doing with #11 on Offense.  Don't know what he look likes as a runner or how many carries they will give him, but he is prefect in the blocking role.  He don't mind giving up his body and looks to only care about the teams overall success.  You can't say that about a lot of player these days on any level of sports.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: coltmom#10 on August 27, 2015, 08:57:13 am
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 26, 2015, 10:05:28 pm

Actually I think #11 would be a good QB and do as well as the other 3! But I think the other guy was being sarcastic, something I figured you would know Coltfan! lol Because he was a lineman and has been moved. But I think he was moved to fullback, I might be wrong. And as for the 3rd QB it was # 10 and I think he did as well as the other 2 and that 's all i am going to say on that! After watching the tape, we have to really work on a lot of things. And I think # 11 should go to DE and #12 and #1 should be the linebackers and I think....................................................................... I could keep going on, but it will do no good! IM not the coach and he would not take my advice anyway.

Hey, I been a good boy on here for four years now!

ISU7

lol , I agree Coltfan, I notice he said he like me, but I never told him I like him. The 2010 team was a super team to me, plus Brown did what it took too lead that team even when he was injured. GO COLTS....

ISU7

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 27, 2015, 09:13:07 am
Some times it's just best to let the Coaches do their jobs. Rather we like it or not. They were hired for a reason.
You are right PB but aint nothing wrong with having a little fun. lo,l The season has started yet so all teams should improve with time. Remember nearly everybody in the stands are coaches and referees lol. Good Luck Bucks!!!!!

ISU7

Quote from: luxora4life on August 27, 2015, 12:43:26 pm
I really like what the coaches are doing with #11 on Offense.  Don't know what he look likes as a runner or how many carries they will give him, but he is prefect in the blocking role.  He don't mind giving up his body and looks to only care about the teams overall success.  You can't say that about a lot of player these days on any level of sports.
# 11 is always busting his @#$ on the football field, he seems to really love playing the game. He plays with a passion..

Head Lion

Doesn't matter, Manila wins it all anyway! :o

Coltfan2005

Head Lion

Thought I would lighten the mood a little. Best of luck to the Colts, a bunch of great kids down there.

Redwolves8526

Watched Cedar Ridge the other night. They actually don't look too bad. They're young but have some talent

Redwolves8526

Also, not very impressed with Rivercrest after watching them play Brookland. They could have just had an off game, but the talent level there doesn't look as good as it used to around Wilson

OB11

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on September 01, 2015, 08:18:15 am
Also, not very impressed with Rivercrest after watching them play Brookland. They could have just had an off game, but the talent level there doesn't look as good as it used to around Wilson

In Rivercrest's defense, a slow start to the season has seem to become the norm there.  I don't know that they have ever been just really impressive in their scrimmage games against Brookland.  Maybe we're looking at another slow start for the Colts.  Paragould on Friday should tell a lot about this team. 

ISU7

September 01, 2015, 10:56:31 am #43 Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:00:52 am by ISU7
Quote from: Redwolves8526 on September 01, 2015, 08:18:15 am
The New England Patriots dont look that good in preseason but they are the defending super bowl champs. It's just a practice game starters didnt play the entire game. All teams at this time are not at their best, did you see Osceola at Nettleton, the Raiders made them look slow, but I know they all will continue to get better. Seem to me the Colts have set the standard around this area... ;D 8)

Paperman

The colts did little to show their hand in the scrimmage. The defense and offense both had kids out of position. Talent might not be that awesome compared to past teams but is not that unusual a situation. 11, 10, 33, 1 are numbers to remember. There are playmakers on both sides of the ball. osceola was missing best linebacker at Nettleton. Too much arm tackling. I think both teams will be alright down the road. I think week 10 game will decide top seed in playoffs. I am ready for the kickoff. Should be a fun year.

Head Lion

Head Lion

Quote from: Head Lion on August 30, 2015, 03:48:54 pm
Doesn't matter, Manila wins it all anyway! :o
Can't win them all, if you don't start 1-0!

BigLion10

Head Lion

BigLion10

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas