• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I need some Lamar stats

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, August 16, 2015, 01:03:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MICHAELSPAPPY

Can someone give me the heights/weights across the projected starting offensive line for Lamar, including the ends?

Proud Buckaroo

Best I can do is get you what hooten's says. The same thing I did for Fouke a moment ago. I can also check Maxpreps, but I cannot promise you its legit/accurate.

Proud Buckaroo

nastynice

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on August 16, 2015, 01:03:27 pm
Can someone give me the heights/weights across the projected starting offensive line for Lamar, including the ends?
Are you thinking Lamar's line will be the biggest most physical line in 3a?

MICHAELSPAPPY

August 16, 2015, 03:14:22 pm #4 Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 03:16:54 pm by MICHAELSPAPPY
Most physical is totally up to them. I am trying to see how big they will be.

I know that if Dr. J. starts throwing his cap, they had BETTER get physical. (Actually, I think he swore that off, but I have seen it, and it got his point across.)

Clara Allen

Good lord.  I just looked at MaxPreps for Lamar.  Doesn't even have an accurate roster.   Get more info from Hootens

Proud Buckaroo

That's why I said I couldn't promise you it was legit. It's only as accurate as information given. Maxpreps is based out of California and does every highschool for every state. Some of the information comes from coaches, and the mast majority of it comes from posters.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 16, 2015, 05:26:49 pm
That's why I said I couldn't promise you it was legit. It's only as accurate as information given. Maxpreps is based out of California and does every highschool for every state. Some of the information comes from coaches, and the mast majority of it comes from posters.

Sadly some have found it easier to criticize than to contribute....had it happen to me on this website..."inaccurate standings" but they don't want to put out the legwork/screen time to actually help out....kinda the society we live in these days...

macadoshis

August 16, 2015, 08:00:54 pm #8 Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 08:11:11 pm by macadoshis
LT 280     6'3
LG 290     6'
C   240     6'3
RG 260    6
RT 320    6'6
TE 230    6'6

That's pretty close.   Center coming off knee surgery and is getting bigger everyday.   

macadoshis

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on August 16, 2015, 03:14:22 pm
Most physical is totally up to them. I am trying to see how big they will be.

I know that if Dr. J. starts throwing his cap, they had BETTER get physical. (Actually, I think he swore that off, but I have seen it, and it got his point across.)
[/q
I dont know about any hat throwing but Hunter has said the practices are more intense than any hes been a part of.  Thats a good thing.

MICHAELSPAPPY

This Warrior team fascinates me. I can't wait to see them. A throwback team, maybe?

The team that wins the battle up front wins the game more often than not.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: macadoshis on August 16, 2015, 08:00:54 pm
LT 280     6'3
LG 290     6'
C   240     6'3
RG 260    6
RT 320    6'6
TE 230    6'6

That's pretty close.   Center coming off knee surgery and is getting bigger everyday.

That is pretty salty line for a 3A team. And can you picture linebackers and d-backs giving up 6-8"  in height trying to keep that tight end with basketball hands from grabbing passes? Go Warriors!

WPWells

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I'd encourage you to slow down and hold off until they prove something

macadoshis

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on August 16, 2015, 08:37:04 pm
LT 280     6'3
LG 290     6'
C   240     6'3
RG 260    6
RT 320    6'6
TE 230    6'6

That is pretty salty line for a 3A team. And can you picture linebackers and d-backs giving up 6-8"  in height trying to keep that tight end with basketball hands from grabbing passes? Go Warriors!
I've watched these guys all summer and now into fall camp, and this line is a nasty bunch.  They are dedintely not afraid to mix it up a little.  They go against each other every practice and dont take it lightly when one ges the better of the other. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Imagine being 6-3, 240# and being the little guy on the line in 3A.

macadoshis

Makes it a little easier for the little guy running the QB spot.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Reminds me of the Nebraska offensive line from a few years back. Whoever ran behind them was going to be All-Conference.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on August 16, 2015, 08:50:46 pm
Reminds me of the Nebraska offensive line from a few years back. Whoever ran behind them was going to be All-Conference.

Thinking that whoever runs behind Lamars line should be All-State this year....

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: macadoshis on August 16, 2015, 08:46:46 pm

Let's see: you have a 240# quarterback running behind a 320# tackle. Do the math on that and see what the inertia and momentum calculate up to.

WPWells

Prove it. You can talk all you want, but there's only so much you can say. Lamar may well have an awesome year, but so far this is all talk

BigLion10

With a line like that they should run through everyone easy :D

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 16, 2015, 09:02:46 pm
With a line like that they should run through everyone easy :D

Maybe not easy, but we ought to do it.

BigLion10

Gotta stop the pass though to win conference

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 16, 2015, 09:06:32 pm
Gotta stop the pass though to win conference

Best way to stop the pass is to keep the ball out of their hands. And win the battle up front.

BigLion10

Longfellow

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on August 16, 2015, 08:43:59 pm
Imagine being 6-3, 240# and being the little guy on the line in 3A.
I played center in high school and I weighed 165 lbs. Lamar has a lucky quarterback

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on August 16, 2015, 08:56:30 pm
Quote from: macadoshis on August 16, 2015, 08:46:46 pm

Let's see: you have a 240# quarterback running behind a 320# tackle. Do the math on that and see what the inertia and momentum calculate up to.

Maybe 12th man can do some calculations for us non-math geeks and figure this out......even if it is actually a science and not the fairy tale land of mathematics.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Lamar's smallest lineman would have been our largest lineman back in the good old days.

HorseFeathers

So....is Lamars offense going to be, Team left, team right, team up the middle? Or is there actually going to be a scheme ??

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: HF on August 16, 2015, 09:17:41 pm
So....is Lamars offense going to be, Team left, team right, team up the middle? Or is there actually going to be a scheme ??

Oh, I can assure you Doc will have a plan. I just want to see our line be tough enough that it doesn't matter what they run.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on August 16, 2015, 09:20:19 pm

Oh, I can assure you Doc will have a plan. I just want to see our line be tough enough that it doesn't matter what they run.

Can the huge QB throw the ball very well?

macadoshis

Quote from: HF on August 16, 2015, 09:20:48 pm
Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on August 16, 2015, 09:20:19 pm

Can the huge QB throw the ball very well?
Had a pretty good 7on7 this summer.  Got a litte better each outting.   Im very critical of him in my head and he impresses me every time out.  We shall see.

MICHAELSPAPPY

He doesn't have to be a great passer. Just good enough to keep the opposition honest. And he has a couple of very big targets to throw to.

macadoshis

We have multiple players that can run the ball including senior Dusty Wilkins who led the team in rushing last season.  I'm beyond ready to see what this group can do.

nastynice

How many of these linemen started last year?

macadoshis

Quote from: nastynice on August 17, 2015, 06:46:46 am
How many of these linemen started last year?
All of them started at one time or another. But lost two to graduation.  A Center and a Guard.  Our Center this year started at tackle last year before being injured.  This is a seasoned line with a ton of experience.  We will only go as far as the big boys take us. 

nastynice

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on August 16, 2015, 08:31:26 pm
This Warrior team fascinates me. I can't wait to see them. A throwback team, maybe?

You do realize that Booneville crushed Lamar up front last year at Lamar?  They controlled the line from the first snap til the last. And Booneville returns their 4 biggest, strongest experienced linemen from last year. So basically it's the same line going head to head again.  Why do you think this year will be different up front? Plus the game is in Booneville this year. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: nastynice on August 17, 2015, 11:48:21 am

You do realize that Booneville crushed Lamar up front last year at Lamar?  They controlled the line from the first snap til the last. And Booneville returns their 4 biggest, strongest experienced linemen from last year. So basically it's the same line going head to head again.  Why do you think this year will be different up front? Plus the game is in Booneville this year.

I haven't seen them yet, so I don't know. I like what I am hearing, though.

TheTruth2010

I just can't wait to see Lamar run through Clarksville again.  8)

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on August 17, 2015, 12:46:07 pm
I just can't wait to see Lamar run through Clarksville again.  8)

I know its a close rival and all but how long has it been since Clarksville has been relavant in the world of football?

Proud Buckaroo

Their last legit season in this era was 2008. Where they won 8 games. The last conference championship. I was 5 years old. The last playoff game they played was 2011. They have a playoff record of 9-22.

Maynard G Krebs

LT 280     6'3
LG 290     6'
C   240     6'3
RG 260    6
RT 320    6'6
TE 230    6'6

/quote]

I wish to own the local grocery store.  Has to be making a ton of $$$$$$$$$. 

macadoshis

So Bonneville should have no trouble crushing Lamar again this year.  Should be conference champs easy with a line like that. 

macadoshis

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 16, 2015, 08:59:39 pm
Prove it. You can talk all you want, but there's only so much you can say. Lamar may well have an awesome year, but so far this is all talk
Its a new season,  as far as I know, its all talk when it comes to every team in the state. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on August 17, 2015, 02:05:54 pm
I wish to own the local grocery store.  Has to be making a ton of $$$$$$$$$.

I like that one. You always want to own the meat market where the big dogs are.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: macadoshis on August 17, 2015, 03:24:49 pm

So Bonneville should have no trouble crushing Lamar again this year.  Should be conference champs easy with a line like that.

Nasty asked a legitimate question.  No arragance in his post.  The line is the only spot we have any experience.  The entire backfield is green.  So to echo his question, Whats going to make this years line different?  Lets have some football talk and not a ***** measuring contest.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 17, 2015, 01:36:42 pm
Their last legit season in this era was 2008. Where they won 8 games. The last conference championship. I was 5 years old. The last playoff game they played was 2011. They have a playoff record of 9-22.
Yea, maybe that's true but they had no problem talking trash about us when we were the bottom feeders. Now the tables have turned and Lamar will never show Clarksville any mercy when it comes to football.

macadoshis

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 17, 2015, 03:36:07 pm

Nasty asked a legitimate question.  No arragance in his post.  The line is the only spot we have any experience.  The entire backfield is green.  So to echo his question, Whats going to make this years line different?  Lets have some football talk and not a ***** measuring contest.
I agree we had pretty much the same line last year.  This group has worked since last year to get stronger and faster.  They are bigger than last year.  They were green last year and got handled more than just the Booneville game.  I thought in the Booneville game the whole team got outplayed.  It was an eye opener for this team.  Thats the identity this team Wants to have.  Out physical every opponent.  I have great respect for a team that can do that. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: macadoshis on August 17, 2015, 06:10:09 pm
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 17, 2015, 03:36:07 pm

I agree we had pretty much the same line last year.  This group has worked since last year to get stronger and faster.  They are bigger than last year.  They were green last year and got handled more than just the Booneville game.  I thought in the Booneville game the whole team got outplayed.  It was an eye opener for this team.  Thats the identity this team Wants to have.  Out physical every opponent.  I have great respect for a team that can do that. 

Boon eville completely whipped you guys up front....if jones can get booneville-esque p lay out of both lines then you guys have a chance in every game you play...

Paperman

Now that is a big line anywhere south of a college. Those are some large young men.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas