• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fouke

Started by mhfcharlesi, August 16, 2015, 11:52:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Beaver Fever on August 21, 2015, 06:20:27 am
What was the proposed new conference alignment?  I don't see any other conference fouke and GC could be in.

Fouke and Genoa to the 3a-5, Glenn rose and Haskell to the 3a-6

ARTexan

Fouke, genoa, Mc Ghee and lake village travel over 300 miles round trip when playing each other. Does any other schools travel that distance?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ARTexan on August 21, 2015, 07:54:35 am
Fouke, genoa, Mc Ghee and lake village travel over 300 miles round trip when playing each other. Does any other schools travel that distance?

I bet the 3a-1 comes close to it

Hootie

Mtn View to Cedarville : 184 miles one way.
Yellville to Cedarville : 156 miles one way. 
Fouke to McGehee : 179 miles one way.
Fouke to Lake village : 175 miles one way.
Genoa and Fouke are about 10 miles apart.

It's all bad. I mean the schools could do a neutral site thing but who's willing to give up their home games for that? Exactly, no one.

Beaver Fever

Why wouldn't prescott go back to the 6, they are further south then us or harmony grove

XFalkonz

Quote from: Hootie on August 21, 2015, 10:56:43 am
Mtn View to Cedarville : 184 miles one way.
Yellville to Cedarville : 156 miles one way. 
Fouke to McGehee : 179 miles one way.
Fouke to Lake village : 175 miles one way.
Genoa and Fouke are about 10 miles apart.

It's all bad. I mean the schools could do a neutral site thing but who's willing to give up their home games for that? Exactly, no one.
That is a option that we will start looking at. Problem is that some teams are not willing to give up a home game or split the gate.

Beaver Fever

It would make more sense if you 2 stayed down there. Send us MCGhee and fordyce. You take gurdon and Prescott. But it sounds like you are trying to get in a conference that.... Well I guess the best way to put it would be the way the Beebe sup. put it. "We want to play against schools with similar test scores"

XFalkonz

Quote from: Beaver Fever on August 21, 2015, 12:22:12 pm
It would make more sense if you 2 stayed down there. Send us MCGhee and fordyce. You take gurdon and Prescott. But it sounds like you are trying to get in a conference that.... Well I guess the best way to put it would be the way the Beebe sup. put it. "We want to play against schools with similar test scores"
Let's get this out there in the open so you and all your fellow fans will perfectly understand what we were trying to do. We are trying to not put kids and coaches in positions that are potentially dangerous. At no point have we mentioned not playing anyone or wanting to play someone. I can coach a kid to become a better athlete and more competitve. I cannot teach a coach who has worked 14 hours teaching and coaching to not be dead rear tired when driving back from Lake Village. We don't care about who we play. Yeah we are at a disadvantage at times when we play teams but that is a learning experience and part of life we cannot control. Having to drive from the arkansas Texas border to the Mississippi border is something that could be controlled. Grown men who are supposed to be highly educated and looking out for the safety and care of athletes and the coaches decided that taking care of their buddies was more important than doing something that would help. Your supt said it would be a "travesty" to lose those rivalry games and the gates associated with those games. Glad to know that highly educated man decided that money and rivalry games were more important than the possible safety of others. Congrats....you got a real winner there. Don't back hand slap us about wanting to do what was the best for our safety by suggesting that we don't want to play teams that are more athletic. If competition was a factor I wouldn't be throwing a fit. But how should you know. Your team has it easy. Your longest trip is to Horatio and it is 2 hours and 25 minutes away for you. Yeah while we are driving 13 hours round trip to McGehee and Lake Village I will be thinking of your comments. I wish I could print what I will be thinking on here about your comments while I am driving but I cant. If you want to give me your phone number in pm I will be glad to call you and give you those comments

Beaver Fever

Lake village screws it up. Either way some one is gonna have a long drive.
You didn't mention anything about my suggestion which leads me to believe it's about getting out of that conference.  You are using travel as the main issue when then underlying issue is you can compete better in 5 AAA. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Beaver Fever on August 21, 2015, 01:01:12 pm
Lake village screws it up. Either way some one is gonna have a long drive.
You didn't mention anything about my suggestion which leads me to believe it's about getting out of that conference.  You are using travel as the main issue when then underlying issue is you can compete better in 5 AAA. 

sigh, genoa is not close to anyone in the conference other than fouke. it's not just lake village.

XFalkonz

your suggestion is great...convince smackover and mcgehee to drive to jesseville and I am on board....good luck with that

XFalkonz

Btw....smackover is our second shortest trip in the 3A 6 in the next cycle.....but trips to gurdon and Prescott are closer so I am for that

Beaver Fever

Btw I said fordyce

XFalkonz

Ok...take our second and third shortest trips and still leave the two longest? Please. Go on goggle maps and find Genoa and Fouke and then put in Lake Village, McGehee and Drew central high schools and watch the big numbers. Keep telling yourself that it is because of competition so you can feel better. If I was in your shoes I would too. But I am not....so I dont

Beaver Fever

If anyone should be complaining  it's lake village.

Longfellow

That's what I'm getting from this. Seems like they get the short end of the stick anywhere

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Beaver Fever on August 21, 2015, 01:33:47 pm
If anyone should be complaining  it's lake village.
dude just stop or buy a map. you have no clue.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Longfellow on August 21, 2015, 01:34:25 pm
That's what I'm getting from this. Seems like they get the short end of the stick anywhere
they are 15 minutes from mcgehee and just as close to every school except Fordyce..

XFalkonz

August 21, 2015, 01:51:33 pm #68 Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 01:53:36 pm by XFalkonz
Lake village is 44 miles from Drew Central
LV to Junction city is 103
LV is 23 miles from McGehee
LV is 103 from smackover
LV is 87 miles from Fordyce
LV is 168 miles from GC
LV is 175 from Fouke
Total 600 miles

GC 706
Fouke 769

All one way....it a lot...but not shorter

Beaver Fever

Looks pretty even to me. There is no way to cut it, some one is gonna have to have a couple long games. 
If your worried about safety due to coaches being tire hire a bus driver.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Beaver Fever on August 21, 2015, 04:52:38 pm
Looks pretty even to me. There is no way to cut it, some one is gonna have to have a couple long games. 
A couple? Guess class room time isn't important in Glenn rose...

Proud Buckaroo

August 21, 2015, 05:06:03 pm #71 Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 05:12:40 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Quote from: Beaver Fever on August 21, 2015, 04:52:38 pm

Did they not teach math at Glen Rose when you went to school there?

600 miles for lake village.
706 miles for Genoa.
769 for fouke.

That's just football. If you put together all sports + travel. You are looking at more than just the students getting home until 2am, but cost of travel. Food, gas, and other expenses.

You cannot sit there and believe that they should just move lake village, and it makes it okay. It has nothing to do with winning to those two schools. It's about the safety of the kids.

Proud Buckaroo

You can sit there and claim it's about winning to fouke, and Genoa. No, it's not. It's about the safety, the cost, and driving from Texas to Mississippi. I know now where Glen Rose's priorities are. If Glen rose got put on 3A-6. You would most likely not have many winning seasons.

HorseFeathers

August 21, 2015, 05:40:14 pm #73 Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:16:35 pm by HF
So...going as if fluke/Genoa won their appeal

Genoa central
Avg miles: 79
Avg time: 1 hour 17 minutes
Longest trip: jessieville 149 miles, 2 hours 28 minutes
Shortest: fouke
# of 100 mile+ trips: 3

Fouke
Avg miles: 83 miles
Avg time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Longest trip: jessieville 2 hours 30 minutes
Shortest: genoa central
Number of 100 mile+ trips: 3

Now the two theoretical 3a-6 members
Glen rose
Avg miles: 91 miles
Avg time: 1 hour 38 minutes
Longest trip: lake village 139 miles, 2 hour 22 minutes
Shortest: haskell
# of 100 mile+ trips: 4

Haskell hg
Avg miles: 83 miles
Avg time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Longest trip: lake village 132 miles, 2 hours 22 minutes
Shortest: glen rose
# of 100 mile+ trips: 3

WPWells

Absolutely ridiculous. I'm disgusted at the AAA and at Beaver Fever for defending them.

BigLion10

Proud Buckaroo

One more post, big. Lol.

BigLion10

Check the 2a board pb

HorseFeathers

Alright...had to get dinner, but here's a gander at next cycles actual travel...

FOUKE
Avg miles: 112 miles
Avg time: 2 hour 16 min
Longest trip: mcgehee, 179 miles 3 hour 26 minutes
Trips over 175 miles: 2 (lake village & mcgehee)
Trips over 100 miles: 5

GENOA CENTRAL
Avg miles: 108
Avg time: 2 hours 23 minutes
Longest trip: miles- lake village(168) time- mcgehee(3 hr 14 min)
Trips over 150 miles: 2 (lake village and McGhee)
Trips over 100 miles: 4

Now the real reason Glen rose/Haskell doesn't see why fouke and Genoa wanna swap places..

Glen rose
Avg miles: 55 miles
Avg time: 58 minutes
Longest trip: horatio- 2 hours 10 minutes
Trips over 100 miles: 1
Trips over 50 miles: 4

Haskell HG
AVG miles: 59 miles
Avg time: 1 hr 3 minutes
Longest trip: horatio 2 hours 17 minutes
Trips over 100 miles: 1
Trips over 50: 4

WPWells

Only slightly shorter than they already have though. They're willing to sacrifice Fouke and Genoa in order to save 20 minutes. That's absolutely pathetic from them. I don't know what rivalry they have to protect besides their own

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 21, 2015, 08:36:10 pm
Only slightly shorter than they already have though. They're willing to sacrifice Fouke and Genoa in order to save 20 minutes. That's absolutely pathetic from them. I don't know what rivalry they have to protect besides their own

It's the who cares, we're not the ones criss crossing the southern half of the late into the wee hours of the night argument

beach bum

Knowing the AAA don't be surprised if they come back with a new conference of Greenland, Elkins, Lake Village, Mcgehee, Corning, Piggot, Geneo Central, and Fouke.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on August 21, 2015, 08:39:48 pm
Knowing the AAA don't be surprised if they come back with a new conference of Greenland, Elkins, Lake Village, Mcgehee, Corning, Piggot, Geneo Central, and Fouke.

Greenland, mcgehee, and elkins are to centrally located

beach bum

Quote from: HF on August 21, 2015, 08:40:45 pm

I am shocked Greenland and Elkins aren't appealing since they will drive past a couple 4-3A schools just to play a couple of their 1-3A opponents next cycle. That would need an entire change and not just 2 schools swapping though.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on August 21, 2015, 08:49:03 pm

I am shocked Greenland and Elkins aren't appealing since they will drive past a couple 4-3A schools just to play a couple of their 1-3A opponents next cycle. That would need an entire change and not just 2 schools swapping though.

The 1-3a is a joke...I think I predicted it happening though..

Think it turned into a let's see if anyone gripes if we just drop clinton....right here

Coltfan2005

[/quote
Quote from: ARTexan on August 21, 2015, 07:54:35 am

Rivercrest's longest trip is melbourne, about 290 miles round trip.....drops way down in next alignment.

XFalkonz

Quote from: beach bum on August 21, 2015, 08:49:03 pm

They were smarter than we were. They knew there was no chance as long as they had no group on the board that would help them and lord god almighty lance Taylor was pulling the strings

beach bum

3A should have went as followed...

6-3A
1.Smackover
2.Fordyce
3.Junction City
4.Lake Village
5.Mcgehee
6.Prescott
7.Gurdon
8.Drew Central

5-3A
1.Fouke
2.Geneo Central
3.Bismarck
4.Jessieville
5.Centerpoint
6.Glen Rose
7.Harmony Grove
8.Horatio

3-3A
1.Melbourne
2.Hoxie
3.Walnut Ridge
4.Osceola
5.Rivercrest
6.Piggot
7.Corning
8.Manila

2-3A
1.Newport
2.Cedar Ridge
3.Barton
4.Marianna
5.LR Episcopal
6.Harding Academy
7.Rose Bud
8.Bald Knob

1-3A
1.Elkins
2.Greenland
3.Cedarville
4.Mansfield
5.Paris
6.Charleston
7.Lamar
8.Green Forest

4-3A
1.Atkins
2.Two Rivers
3.Perryville
4.Mayflower
5.Yellville Summit
6.Marshall
7.Clinton
8.Mountain View

****Notes: Melbourne fits much better in the 3-3A than the 1-3A with Greenland and Elkins because they save about 40 minutes in their longest trip this way in 3-3A. Newport could be then bumped to the 2-3A along with close schools like Bald Knob and Harding Academy. Mayflower would then bump to the 4-3A. Fouke and Geneo Central just trade conferences with Prescott and Gurdon giving the 6-3A five teams that could all win its first round playoff games making it a juggernaut 3A conference. The 1-3A and 4-3A is where it gets tough. I podded Perryville, Atkins, Two Rivers, and Mayflower with the four very isolated north central Arkansas schools. The 1-3A I just took the furthest 8 western schools in north Arkansas in 3A. Green Forest and Two Rivers could be swapped but Green Forest is a little closer to Mansfield than Mayflower and Perryville. There is no easy way to do the 1-3A and 4-3A but anybody on here could have done better than they did.

HorseFeathers

Gurdon and prescott might be better in the 5...you would have Glenn rose and harmony grove driving through those two towns to get to the two Texarkana schools

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas