• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rison/Fordyce

Started by mack truck, August 13, 2015, 03:06:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mack truck

Any predictions on Fordyce vs Rison game?

Proud Buckaroo

I think Rison takes this. Close game though.

BigLion10

heavyhittaz_7

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on August 13, 2015, 10:44:26 pm
Rison 28 fordyce 14

Speed wins ball games and Fordyce has it, but Rison too much this year for the Bugs

mack truck

Fordyce gained several good talent from their jr.high team.Didn't really lose much from last year. It might hurt them at their wide reciever position.Don't know if they have any good wide recievers this year. They still have the same runningback this year.He mostly touched the ball 80% of the time.My understanding, the line they have this year is supposed to be better than the one they had last year. Also they have a kid who was kicked off the team last year returning. He could really help this year. What does Rison have this year?

bulldoghistorian

I would think Fordyce will be better than last year. I would say they'll battle it out with McGehee and Smackover for the conference title.

JC Guy

Quote from: mack truck on August 14, 2015, 07:20:46 am
Fordyce gained several good talent from their jr.high team.Didn't really lose much from last year. It might hurt them at their wide reciever position.Don't know if they have any good wide recievers this year. They still have the same runningback this year.He mostly touched the ball 80% of the time.My understanding, the line they have this year is supposed to be better than the one they had last year. Also they have a kid who was kicked off the team last year returning. He could really help this year. What does Rison have this year?
Rison was young last year. I seen someone say they had like 17 seniors this year.

mack truck

Quote from: JC Guy on August 15, 2015, 07:06:54 pm
Rison was young last year. I seen someone say they had like 17 seniors this year.
[/quote
I dont think that Rison has 17 seniors.I do know that Fordyce has 11 seniors.

benchwarmer99

This will be a very good game. Gotta go with my bugs. Way to good up front and a very experienced defense and backfield. Rison will make it a very interesting game though.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: mack truck on August 17, 2015, 10:42:31 am
Quote from: JC Guy on August 15, 2015, 07:06:54 pm
I dont think that Rison has 17 seniors.I do know that Fordyce has 11 seniors.

Pretty certain Rison has about 15-16 seniors. 8 returning on Offense. And 6-7 on defense.

benchwarmer99

They do PB. Very experienced team. Should be a great game. Rison will make a lot of noise in 2a this year

dragonpride27

Friend of mine from fordyce said they looked really good at their scrimmage fri...said they have about everyone back from last yr..hope they beat rison so theyll be down when we bring dragon nation and our titles up there. They should at least be more competetive this yr though..

macadoshis

HorseFeathers

benchwarmer99

Fordyce 35 rison 32. Two great teams going at it. Both teams are gonna be tough this year. What a game to watch.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: dragonpride27 on August 24, 2015, 04:23:01 pm
Friend of mine from fordyce said they looked really good at their scrimmage fri...said they have about everyone back from last yr..hope they beat rison so theyll be down when we bring dragon nation and our titles up there. They should at least be more competetive this yr though..

You got your wish, as far as Fordyce winning.  It was a back and forth game as usual.
However, you misunderstand the mindset at Rison.
They won't be down, they will be hacked off.
Fordyce played well, give them credit - but Rison knows their own mistakes probably cost them the game.
Those mistakes will be fixed this week.

NOT blaming the officiating, but it sucked for both sides.
On one Fordyce score, Rison had the Fordyce back stood up and stopped, a ref blew the whistle.
Play dead, right?  Guess not, back then got loose and into the endzone and another ref called it a TD.
Fordyce probably would have scored in the next play or two however, but maybe not.

Clock running extra seconds off toward end of game.
Clock running during an extra point attempt...

I think it was an SEC crew, probably Mark Curlin's bunch.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas