• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover/Warren.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, August 12, 2015, 03:44:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

Buckaroos.
31 (49.2%)
Lumberjacks.
32 (50.8%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Proud Buckaroo

We are 19 days away from this match up. Let's get the ball rolling, and make your pick!

Jimbo Morphis

I don't have a pick. too many unknowns. what time is the game and who is the home team? I will be sitting on the home side. much much cooler there.

Proud Buckaroo

They still haven't announced the time. But I believe it's the later game.

Proud Buckaroo

Bearden and LC game begins at 5:30pm.
Smackover and Warren game begins at 7:30pm.

I still haven't found out which are the home teams though.

BigLion10

adaptedtigerfan

Hahaha. Another #smackover thread

-Painted Fan-

You are aware that even if Warren were to win this game, the Lumberjacks wouldn't win, right?
Rather, it would be Smackover lost the game.

HorseFeathers

Anybody else notice that the Charleston fans can't talk about football anymore? Instead it's just continuous stupid stuff that even junior high girls would get tired of?

Anyway bucks in a close one...

adaptedtigerfan

I noticed that HF..   What a bunch of sissys. 

beach bum

ChucktownTiger

AirWarren

According to some pundits, we don't have anything. So, don't mind little ole Warren.

Lineman

Quote from: HF on August 13, 2015, 06:58:34 am
Anybody else notice that the Charleston fans can't talk about football anymore? Instead it's just continuous stupid stuff that even junior high girls would get tired of?

Do you spend a lot of time talking to junior high girls? 
#creepy

Hootie

I think the Bucks have more experience and find a way to win late. Should be a close game though.

OLDSCHOOL82

I would love to watch this game.  Everyone has wrote off warren due to the amount of experience they lost.  I dont think that is a wise move.  With numbers as good as they have coupled with the insane amount of coaches they have, they should be able to reload very easily.  My prediction will come closer to game time.

Lineman

I agree. Good programs, with good coaching, are never really down. They find ways to win. I think this one could go either way.

ChucktownTiger

Old school knows better than anyone, Smackover should pray for rain. The rain played a big part in the state game a couple years back against bville. I still think Warren will be to much for Smackover. Rain or no rain.

Proud Buckaroo

August 13, 2015, 10:21:23 am #17 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:55:22 am by Proud Buckaroo
Quote from: -Painted Fan- on August 13, 2015, 06:33:48 am
You are aware that even if Warren were to win this game, the Lumberjacks wouldn't win, right?

You are aware that for someone who isn't offended by something, or who "could careless" sure is acting like they care. Either make a legit prediction, or Go talk about your make-up or something. Hahah.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 13, 2015, 06:15:15 am
Hahaha. Another #smackover thread

Yeah, it's another smackover thread. Big deal. I made it to talk about football. Which you are incapable of doing. Why don't you go talk to your buddy "Anotherturfmonkey?" I'm sure you got his number on speed dial.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 13, 2015, 09:06:41 am
I would love to watch this game.  Everyone has wrote off warren due to the amount of experience they lost.  I dont think that is a wise move.  With numbers as good as they have coupled with the insane amount of coaches they have, they should be able to reload very easily.  My prediction will come closer to game time.

I definitely haven't wrote them off. It's going to be a tough game for sure. I predict smackover to lose to either Warren or junction and start conference off 2-1.

Hootie

Agree wholeheartedly. Warren doesn't rebuild they reload even with unproven underclassmen.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Hootie on August 13, 2015, 10:42:41 am

Agree wholeheartedly. Warren doesn't rebuild they reload even with unproven underclassmen.
I agree but it sometimes takes a few games to get them going. I think warren will be a much better team by the middle of the season.

Proud Buckaroo

I can definitely see Warren making it deep in the playoffs this year. Even with all those young guys.

-Painted Fan-

I see the Bucks winning this game.
What will hurt is only having 4 days afterward to prepare for JC.

Proud Buckaroo

The coaches have been working hard this summer on conditioning. Definitely trying to teach the kids to not drink energy drinks, but to drink plenty of water/Gatorade. I hope we can win both games. Like you said, only having 4 days to prepare is going to be hard.

OLDSCHOOL82

The dangers of this back to back matchup without much rest is..... INJURIES!!  Whether warren is down or not, they have more guys and the guys are a bit bigger due to being 4A.  Junction is Junction.  That plus the heat could cause some injuries to sneak up and hurt the total season picture.

adaptedtigerfan

Actually PB I do have his # but it's not on speed dial.  That's where I keep ..   Well I'll just leave it alone.  Don't wanna get the ole boot this close to season.

Romeo

August 13, 2015, 12:26:05 pm #27 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:51:23 pm by Romeo
Warren vs. Smackover Game Capsule

2015 Hooten's Classic: Warren vs. Smackover

When: Monday, August 31, approx. 7:45pm

Where: University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, Golden Lion Stadium

Radio: KWRF 105.5; KELD 106.5

Online: salineriverchronicle.com; csnsports.net

WARREN LUMBERJACKS
Head coach: Bo Hembree 16th year
Record at school: 151-41-1
Playoff appearances: 21
State championships: (3) 2001, 2002, 2014
2014 record: 12-3 (4A state champions)
Returning starters: 1 offense/5 defense
Key players: WR Franklin Gilmore (5-9, 170) Sr, RB Dennis Daniels (5-10, 180) Jr, DE Peyton Hargis (6-0, 175) Sr, LB D'Angelo McCoy (5-11, 175) Sr

SMACKOVER BUCKAROOS
Head coach: Brian Strickland 5th year
Record at school: 43-20
Playoff appearances: 24
State championships: (1) 1949
2014 record: 13-2 (3A runner-up)
Returning starters: 3 offense/8 defense
Key players: WR Jordan Jones (6-3 185) Sr, RB/LB Keiandre Purifoy (6-0, 190) Sr, RB/DB Dewayne Jones (6-0, 190) Sr, DL Trevor Eppinette (5-10 200) Sr, DB Marques White (6-1, 200) Sr

INFORMATION: This is the first regular season game between the two schools since October 9, 1969 (Warren won 13-0). The earliest game between Warren and Smackover dates back to at least 80 years. This will be Warren's seventh appearance in the Hooten's Classic. The Lumberjacks are 2-5 in Hooten's Classic games. Warren has not won their first regular season game since 2010. The Lumberjacks captured its third state championship last season after beating Mena 48-14. In February, six Lumberjack players signed to play college football. This is Smackover's first appearance in the Hooten's Classic. The Buckaroos were ranked preseason #1 in class 3A by Hooten's Arkanas Football.  The Buckaroos averaged 42.8 points per game last Fall en route to the 3A State Finals, where they eventually lost to Charleston 33-26. Smackover has a record of 25-4 the last two years. Smackover wide receiver Jordan Jones committed to the University of Arkansas in June of last year.

AirWarren

Proud Buckaroo

Very nice, Romeo. Thanks for all the information.

-Painted Fan-

I'm wondering if this will be the first time that a team has played 2 State Champions back-2-back?
I know it must be a record to play 2 State Champions back-2-back within 5 days- barely 100 hours!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lineman on August 13, 2015, 07:58:43 am
Quote from: HF on August 13, 2015, 06:58:34 am

Do you spend a lot of time talking to junior high girls? 
#creepy

A friend of my wife has a daughter that will be a sophomore this year....so not a lot...but more than enough haha....

Anyway, 745  seems late for a Monday night game....get back to smackover well after midnight, then have to p lay junction on four days of rest....we're gonna find out quick what kind of shape the kids are in.

Proud Buckaroo

Bearden plays at 5:30p. They got to have enough time to prepare for the Smackover game. But you are right. We are going to definitely find out if all this conditioning practice this summer has paid off.

Longfellow

Prediction: Smackover takes this game either on a last second touchdown or overtime. Either way, the Hootens Classic is gonna be a classic. By the way, Apple autocorrects Hootens to hootenanny. That's quite humorous

Proud Buckaroo

My iPhone hasn't done that. What kinds of things do you talk about? lol.

Romeo

I have to give Smackover the edge in this game because they have more experience returning. There's too many unknown's with Warren to give a winning prediction. Were going to be a young team with a few freshmen playing early. But Warren freshmen that play varsity early are not your typical freshmen. With the exception of one player, every freshman I remember that has played significantly for the senior team has ended up signing to play college football. There's going to be some colleges coming down to look at Burks, Mcknight, Curry and others in the near future.

I'm anxious to see how our quarterback Lassiter plays in this game. His potential is through the roof and I think he has the ability to be an all-state QB. Smackover will be a good early test for him.

-Painted Fan-

To answer my own question from earlier: Lamar lost to 2013 4A Champion Booneville 36-12, then lost at 2013 3A Champion Charleston 49-28 a week later.
Danville also lost to these same 2 schools back-2-back, 50-21 vs.Charleston, and 47-0 at Booneville a week later.

BUCK FEVER

August 13, 2015, 09:37:26 pm #37 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 09:49:52 pm by BUCK FEVER
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 13, 2015, 10:21:23 am
Quote from: -Painted Fan- on August 13, 2015, 06:33:48 am

You are aware that for someone who isn't offended by something, or who "could careless" sure is acting like they care. Either make a legit prediction, or Go talk about your make-up or something. Hahah.

My opinion is .....CHARLESTON IS JUST BUTT-HURT because this season is not all about them......they NOT USE TO THAT.............CLEAR AS DAY.

BUCK FEVER

AGREED, with WARRENS tradition anyone that thinks they are down and out is only fooling themselves, much like JUNCTION CITY, just reload, re-adjust and go.....................Smackover needs to be at there best to stay in the game and keep it close to give themselves a chance to win, should be a good ballgame.

adaptedtigerfan

Wanna know the truth?  If this season is all about anybody it should be Prescott..  I hope they meet the Roos.  It won't end well for the boys in black.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 13, 2015, 10:20:09 pm
Wanna know the truth?  If this season is all about anybody it should be Prescott..  I hope they meet the Roos.  It won't end well for the boys in black.

LIKE I SAID................especially upset.................CHARLSTON NO LONGER ON EVERY THREAD..

heavyhittaz_7

I think this gonna be a good close game. Smack 28 Jacks 27

HorseFeathers

Band wagon fans are the best

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HF on August 14, 2015, 07:03:40 am

Band wagon fans are the best

I have no dog in this fight, so let me support another team.

adaptedtigerfan

I know every coach @ Prescott.   I wouldn't consider that a wagoneer. 

Proud Buckaroo

I would. Last year you supported charleston because your son was playing. This year you support prescott. That's a band wagon fan.

adaptedtigerfan

I still support Charleston.   I just said that Prescott is more than likely to win it all..   You can think what u want...   

nastynice

Trust me, adapted ain't no bandwagoner! He hates all the teams just the same! He just said Prescott should be talked about more.

LJ06

Quote from: Oldman on August 13, 2015, 10:44:32 am
Quote from: Hootie on August 13, 2015, 10:42:41 am

I agree but it sometimes takes a few games to get them going. I think warren will be a much better team by the middle of the season.

This. Warren is a team you always want to face earlier in the season rather than later. Especially when there is a big turnover from a prior season.

Longfellow

I definitely think that's one of the things that gives Smackover the advantage. Warren most likely won't be in great form week 1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas