• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3a Who Takes the Crown

Started by nastynice, July 30, 2015, 03:25:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

macadoshis

If the Warriors have any chance to take that crown, this has to be the year to do it that's for sure. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: macadoshis on August 02, 2015, 09:00:36 pm
If the Warriors have any chance to take that crown, this has to be the year to do it that's for sure. 

Completely agree..

seeya

Quote from: Longfellow on July 31, 2015, 01:56:55 pm
Quote from: tiger2016 on July 31, 2015, 01:51:27 pm
1. Charleston 10-0 or 9-1 (7-0) Conference play
2. Lamar 9-1 (6-1) Loss to Charleston
3. Booneville 7-3 (5-2) Losses to Lamar and Charleston
4. Paris 5-5 (3-4) Losses to top 3 and possibly Danville. Paris gets 4th on points.
5. Danville 4-6 (3-4) Losses to Charleston, Lamar, Booneville and Two Rivers in a back and forth game.
6. Lavaca 4-6 (2-5) Losses to Top 5 in last year in 3A
7. Two Rivers 3-7 (2-5) Wins against Danville and Mansfield
8. Mansfield 1-9 (0-7) Bottom of the Barrel
I can handle 3-7 if we beat Danville
Danville pulled starters after first half last year against Two Rivers . Don't see them loosing to Two Rivers who will be where they were last year at the bottom!

HorseFeathers

Coaching change plus change of philosiphy...not saying it'll make a difference on the w or l result...but could be a better game

MICHAELSPAPPY

If Doc gets that big line in top-notch condition, fourth quarters could be rough for Lamar opponents.

Lineman

If they're not already in top notch condition it may be too late.  300lbs doesn't mean much if you're out of gas by half time.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lineman on August 05, 2015, 11:23:11 am
If they're not already in top notch condition it may be too late.  300lbs doesn't mean much if you're out of gas by half time.

Or third quarter for that matter

Proud Buckaroo

That was one of the biggest things I saw with Lamar last year. We came out and hit them in the mouth. Once half time was over.. They just seemed to have given up a bit.

macadoshis

When ya throw five picks in a half that account for a 30-0 halftime deficit.  I could see a little giving up in their eyes.  When we ran the ball, we had some success.  Just didn't do enough of it.  Won't make that mistake this year. 

macadoshis

Quote from: Lineman on August 05, 2015, 11:23:11 am
I've been to most every summer workout and I can say one thing about the big boys....they are in the best shape I've ever seen them.  Now we'll have to see how good of shape the big boy playing QB is in.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: macadoshis on August 05, 2015, 12:14:15 pm
Now we'll have to see how good of shape the big boy playing QB is in.

Quarterback sneak is going to have a new meaning this year. I hope it means, "Oh, no, not him again!"

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: macadoshis on August 05, 2015, 12:09:00 pm
When ya throw five picks in a half that account for a 30-0 halftime deficit.  I could see a little giving up in their eyes.  When we ran the ball, we had some success.  Just didn't do enough of it.  Won't make that mistake this year.

I completely agree with that. You guys did have some success with running the ball. You guys came into the game as a pass happy team. Thats the game plan you guys came in with.

MICHAELSPAPPY

I have to admit that I am a fan of smash-mouth football, so I am really looking forward to this year's versions of the Warriors. Look them in the eye, and say, "You may even know what we are going to run, but there is nothing you can do about it, because I am going to run right over you." Bring on the season!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on August 06, 2015, 07:29:13 am
I have to admit that I am a fan of smash-mouth football, so I am really looking forward to this year's versions of the Warriors. Look them in the eye, and say, "You may even know what we are going to run, but there is nothing you can do about it, because I am going to run right over you." Bring on the season!

There's just something nice about watching another team physically beat the snot out of their opponent...

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: HF on August 06, 2015, 09:16:51 am
There's just something nice about watching another team physically beat the snot out of their opponent...

Watching a 240# quarterback running behind 300# tackles ought to be interesting.

macadoshis

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on August 06, 2015, 10:50:41 am
Quote from: HF on August 06, 2015, 09:16:51 am

Watching a 240# quarterback running behind 300# tackles ought to be interesting.
With all the conditioning going on this week, he may be dowwn to 235#  ;D

Proud Buckaroo

Nothing wrong with losing weight, if you gain muscle in its place.

macadoshis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 06, 2015, 12:04:41 pm
Nothing wrong with losing weight, if you gain muscle in its place.
Has made him a little faster so that's a good thing. 

adaptedtigerfan

Thanks for the game plan.  Now we know what to look for 😂

macadoshis

I doubt that is going to be any secret this year lol.

nastynice

Looks like Lamar's strength and Booneville's strength are basically the same. Big and strong up front. I'm glad this game is being played in Booneville! 

Lineman

-Painted Fan-

I've said it before, but I don't think it's any secret as to why Charleston put Prairie Grove on the schedule. PG and Lamar are almost mirror image of each other- big O-line, big Tight End.

tiger2016

It'll be a great game against Prairie Grove and Lamar both. I think it could possibly be like the playoff game vs Booneville last year and also against Smackover. 

Proud Buckaroo

I don't know if I would compare Praire grove against Smackover. Two different styles of offense.

macadoshis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 08, 2015, 12:50:31 pm
I don't know if I would compare Praire grove against Smackover. Two different styles of offense.
I agree.  Smackover came in not intimidated at all.  They took it to Charleston from the get go.  A couple of unfirtunate plays made the difference.  And that last drive by Charleston was awesome to witness.  Storey put the team on his shoulders and took matters into his own hands.  Figured it was over anf started walking out and the Bucks still almost scored at the end.  Amazing game.

Clara Allen

I am just ready for some football.  We have a test to pass first.   Those nasty little Panthers from the town of which we do not mention.   They are looking for revenge after getting their tails kerosened on their home field last year. And the coach promised them Happy Meals......
Seriously, after watching them this summer, the Warriors gave the horses to run the table.  Week One cannot come fast enough for this Shutterbug!!!

nastynice

adaptedtigerfan

Nasty his name is Taylor Storey.  He is a 7th cousin 3rd removed to Ty.   Be skeeeeeered.

nastynice

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 09, 2015, 02:14:33 pm
Nasty his name is Taylor Storey.  He is a 7th cousin 3rd removed to Ty.   Be skeeeeeered.
Dang, another Storey? Now I'm glad Kendricks said no way to the next 2 years!

BigLion10

It's like the good ole Nature Boy once said, "to be the man you have to beat the man" and until someone knocks off charleston they are still the champs

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 10, 2015, 09:54:30 pm
It's like the good ole Nature Boy once said, "to be the man you have to beat the man" and until someone knocks off charleston they are still the champs

So does that mean Shiloh christian will be 3a champs after they beat them?

BigLion10

Possibly atleast they will be 4-3A champs if they do

Proud Buckaroo

When did Shiloh drop back down to 3a?

Coach Venny Slocombe

Lamar - 7-0/10-0 - I thinks it's their year. I could be wrong but just the way I see it...

Chuck - 6-1/8-2 - Down year by Chuck's standards...

Booneville - 5-2/7-3 - Really down year by Booneville standards...

Two Rivers - 4-3/6-4 - Big line, if they stay healthy could create some chaos...

Paris - 3-4/6-4 - Paris is rebuilding...

Lavaca - 2-5/4-6 - Weak non-con schedule...won't matter...

Danville - 1-6/2-8 - Ugly...just plain ugly...

Mansfield - 0-7/1-9 - It pains me to do this...and I am hoping they beat either Greenland or Waldron in Non-con...it is sad to see how badly Mansfield has fallen. This is NOT a reflection of the coaching staff either. Talent is not there and two assistant coaches = long season...

PrivateLesson

Lavaca won't be playing Waldron this year...there has been a change I believe.

beach bum

When is the last time Lamar beat Charleston or even Booneville? I know Booneville has only been 3A for a bit but I figure they have played in non conference in the past.

BigLion10

Lamar has never beaten chucktown I believe

WPWells

Correct. Lamar has never beaten Charleston

jazdill

Lamar has never beat Charleston or Booneville at the Sr High level. Lamar has only beat Charleston(2012) and Booneville(mid 90's) one time each in Jr High.

Why is everyone so down on Danville? I recall they have had three straight good 9th grade classes. Not saying they should be picked to win conf..... but post stating that Two Rivers will beat them!!!!

beach bum

August 15, 2015, 08:54:58 pm #91 Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 09:00:32 pm by beach bum
Quote from: BigLion10 on August 15, 2015, 08:36:13 pm

Maxpreps goes back to the 2004 season

2004: Lamar did not play either team.... Charleston was 2A in the old 4 football class system. Lamar was in the 5-3A and Booneville the 4-3A. Lamar went 0-10

2005:Same as above, they did not play Charleston or Booneville . This was the last year of the old football class system. Lamar finished 3-8 (3-4, 5-3A) and owned the the tie breaker over Clarksville to snag the 4 seed and lost to Warren in the first round.

2006: Charleston 27-0 over Lamar

2007:Charleston 48-11

2008: Charleston won 27-20 in the semifinals over Lamar, Charleston was in the 1-3A and eventual state champion. Lamar was 11-2-1 out of the 4-3A..... That was quite a year for both teams!!

2009:Lamar did not play either team

2010:Charleston 48-26

2011:Charleston 35-14

2012:Charleston 38-25

2013:Charleston 31-6

2014:Charleston 49-28

.......That 2008 year was quite a game. That year for some reason is not in my memory. If Lamar can break through and get a win it would be something for their program. Again, Max preps does not go past 2004.

beach bum

August 15, 2015, 08:58:06 pm #92 Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 08:59:43 pm by beach bum
Quote from: jazdill on August 15, 2015, 08:54:47 pm
Lamar has never beat Charleston or Booneville at the Sr High level. Lamar has only beat Charleston(2012) and Booneville(mid 90's) one time each in Jr High.

Why is everyone so down on Danville? I recall they have had three straight good 9th grade classes. Not saying they should be picked to win conf..... but post stating that Two Rivers will beat them!!!!

Danville is a bit hyped IMO.... They went 5-6 last year with a loss to a 5 seed 2A school in Bigelow and maxpreps and hootens had them in the top 11 or 12 in their final rankings. I have never seen a below .500 team be ranked so high with a loss to an average lower class team and another close win to Mount Ida. I see Danville doing the exact same as last year and Hootens will probably still have them in the top 15 all year though.

WPWells

The 2008 game wasn't as close as the score indicates. Charleston dominated the game

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: jazdill on August 15, 2015, 08:54:47 pm

What year did they beat Booneville jr high in the mid 90's?  I remember Lamar being in the conference for a short bit but not the loss.  They had some junior high studs around that time frame.  Maybe a Groboski and Travis Horne where their names.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: beach bum on August 15, 2015, 08:54:58 pm

2004: Lamar did not play either team.... Charleston was 2A in the old 4 football class system. Lamar was in the 5-3A and Booneville the 4-3A. Lamar went 0-10

2005:Same as above, they did not play Charleston or Booneville . This was the last year of the old football class system. Lamar finished 3-8 (3-4, 5-3A) and owned the the tie breaker over Clarksville to snag the 4 seed and lost to Warren in the first round.

2008: Charleston won 27-20 in the semifinals over Lamar, Charleston was in the 1-3A and eventual state champion. Lamar was 11-2-1 out of the 4-3A..... That was quite a year for both teams!!

.......That 2008 year was quite a game. That year for some reason is not in my memory. If Lamar can break through and get a win it would be something for their program. Again, Max preps does not go past 2004.

If they didn't shut down the dixiepreps website, you could have went back to the 80s. I don't know why they shut the website down. It was a really good, and accurate database.

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 16, 2015, 04:43:56 am
Quote from: beach bum on August 15, 2015, 08:54:58 pm

If they didn't shut down the dixiepreps website, you could have went back to the 80s. I don't know why they shut the website down. It was a really good, and accurate database.

That was really sad when they took that site down... I remember they even had schools listed that are now shut down.

ChucktownTiger

I think Paris will find out real quick how much they messed up by not hiring May. He could have come in there and changed the whole culture. That's what they need, and in a bad way.

macadoshis

I don't know if Lamar can beat Charleston this year or not.  In the past we were beat before we even played because of the name on their jersey.  Granted they have had the talent to beat us even if we played a really good game.  I don't see any doubt in this group of Warriors.  They think they can and will win every game this year.  And the coaches are preparing them for the long haul.  It may not happen.  Only time will tell.  If Lamar beats Bonneville and Charleston, it would be beyond huge for the program.  One thing different about this years team is they are not looking past week one.  We as fans and parents can look at the big picture. But this staff has done a tremendous job of keeping the whole team focused on the short term goal which is dominating opponent one on both sides of the ball.

MICHAELSPAPPY

One good thing is that Doc has been there before.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas