• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3a Who Takes the Crown

Started by nastynice, July 30, 2015, 03:25:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Longfellow

Booneville, Cutter Morning Star, Jessieville, Mt Ida, Perryville, Magnet Cove, Bismarck, and Bigelow. Booneville was hit and miss all night. They played good in some spots but were horrible at others. You can tell they are replacing that whole backfield

OLDSCHOOL82

Booneville had a starting tackle and starting running back out.  No excuses other than that.  Much to work through!

Bigredhog1971

Quote from: HF on August 25, 2015, 08:57:00 pm
I know its a scrimmage, but danville looked average at best tonight in a 14-6 game over hector..their D has some work to do before conference starts.  Their offense looked alright when they were passing..
Let me get this right HF Danville beats Hector in a scrimmage game and it's Danville that needs to improve?You say they look average at best.What does that say about your team?

Proud Buckaroo

Let me elaborate for you. He means they have work to do if they want to even compete in their conference.

HorseFeathers

August 26, 2015, 03:59:55 pm #154 Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:12:48 pm by HF
Quote from: Bigredhog1971 on August 26, 2015, 03:32:01 pm
I know its a scrimmage, but danville looked average at best tonight in a 14-6 game over hector..their D has some work to do before conference starts.  Their offense looked alright when they were passing..
Let me get this right HF Danville beats Hector in a scrimmage game and it's Danville that needs to improve?You say they look average at best.What does that say about your team?

Smh... compared to the 3a teams I watched last year, Danville it's average...I watched lamar twice, booneville, charleston, smackover and bald knob.

Your pass defense was aided by our inability to catch a deep pass. Your run defense was aided by three fumbles.... Our pass defense was horrid, I'm on record outside of this message board as to thinking there it's a good chance hackett beats us in week two.... I dont think hackett can beat two rivers, so you tell me what do I think about hector after watching a meaningless scrimmage?

P.s you beat a middle of the pack(imo) 2a team 14-6 in a scrimmage... what does that say about danville to you?

RTF

Quote from: HF on August 26, 2015, 03:59:55 pm

Smh... compared to the 3a teams I watched last year, Danville it's average...I watched lamar twice, booneville, charleston, smackover and bald knob.

Your pass defense was aided by our inability to catch a deep pass. Your run defense was aided by three fumbles.... Our pass defense was horrid, I'm on record outside of this message board as to thinking there it's a good chance hackett beats us in week two.... I dont think hackett can beat two rivers, so you tell me what do I think about hector after watching a meaningless scrimmage?

P.s you beat a middle of the pack(imo) 2a team 14-6 in a scrimmage... what does that say about danville to you?

Maybe they took it easy on them? didn't show everything since it was a scrimmage?... I dunno =)

beach bum

Quote from: HF on August 26, 2015, 03:59:55 pm

I predict Mount Ida and Bigelow beat Danville this year.

Longfellow

Seeing as this the 3A board, why would HF talk about the wildcats since they are 2A? Let me assuage your idiocy. Danville is the greatest program in the history of football. I fall on my knees and worship the greatness that is the Little Johns. Certainly there is no team worthy of sharing a field with them. I'm sure HF and everyone else who has spoken ill of Danville is deeply sorry and hopes you will forgive them.

Lineman

I talked to a guy Monday that works with a guy from Danville, who believes Danville will finish 2nd in the 4 3a. Their only loss will be Lamar!!

Longfellow

That guy must have never watched football before

HorseFeathers

Longfellow

beach bum

Quote from: Lineman on August 26, 2015, 05:23:23 pm
I talked to a guy Monday that works with a guy from Danville, who believes Danville will finish 2nd in the 4 3a. Their only loss will be Lamar!!

With that many steps along the way to relay the message.... I believe it was translated incorrectly. Are you sure he didn't say 2nd to last?

Longfellow

All these people talking about Danville being 2nd in conference this year makes me wonder who they've recruited

adaptedtigerfan

I see what you did there, Longfellow

Lineman

Quote from: beach bum on August 26, 2015, 06:12:00 pm
Quote from: Lineman on August 26, 2015, 05:23:23 pm

With that many steps along the way to relay the message.... I believe it was translated incorrectly. Are you sure he didn't say 2nd to last?
I asked twice. This guy we dead serious. Only team to flush the little johns will be the warriors.

-Painted Fan-

If we were talking soccer, I could see Danville finishing 1st.
Too bad we aren't talking soccer here.

MICHAELSPAPPY

I heard a very knowledgeable source say he thought Danville would have the best single player in the conference this year. But will they have enough to go with him?

Lineman

The Coach

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on August 27, 2015, 05:39:12 am
I heard a very knowledgeable source say he thought Danville would have the best single player in the conference this year. But will they have enough to go with him?

Cathey graduated and they have NOBODY even in the same stratosphere as him. They'll do good to make the playoffs again.

Longfellow

Quote from: The Coach on August 27, 2015, 07:13:22 am

Cathey graduated and they have NOBODY even in the same stratosphere as him. They'll do good to make the playoffs again.
That's what I was thinking. Without cathey it looks as though they will be lacking a presence between the tackles

jazdill

I figure Danvilles QB could be a top player in the conference

I figure the QB has the chance to be one of the top playmakers in the conference this year

nastynice

I could see Danville possibly finishing 3rd, but no higher.

ChucktownTiger

Danville gets the 4th spot.

1 Charleston
2 Lamar
3 Booneville
4 Danville

I could see Lamar and Bville flip-flopping but no way Danville beats any of those three Ctown, Lamar, or Bville. To me Bville has the most question marks. Even so, they still beat Danville

Longfellow

Quote from: jazdill on August 27, 2015, 12:00:54 pm

I figure the QB has the chance to be one of the top playmakers in the conference this year
That brings up the question, who will each teams best playmaker be?
Two Rivers - Morgan Yates, Colby Whitlow
Danville - Jake Madding
Lamar - Davenport, Blake Kern
Charleston - Gerlick (I wouldn't consider him a playmaker, more a workhorse), Wisdom
Who are the big playmakers for the other schools?

Proud Buckaroo

I think this is how it turns out.

1. Charleston.
2. Lamar.
3. Booneville.
4. Danville.
5. Two rivers.
6. Paris.
7. Mansfield.
8. Lavaca.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: macadoshis on August 02, 2015, 09:00:36 pm
If the Warriors have any chance to take that crown, this has to be the year to do it that's for sure. 

I think it's sweet you guys give your conf champ a crown!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Longfellow on August 27, 2015, 03:59:35 pm
Quote from: jazdill on August 27, 2015, 12:00:54 pm

That brings up the question, who will each teams best playmaker be?
Two Rivers - Morgan Yates, Colby Whitlow
Danville - Jake Madding
Lamar - Davenport, Blake Kern
Charleston - Gerlick (I wouldn't consider him a playmaker, more a workhorse), Wisdom
Who are the big playmakers for the other schools?

Booneville:  The clock.

WPWells

Throw in Rowland and Flanagan for Charleston

Proud Buckaroo

What has Roland done so far to make him a "best play maker?"

WPWells

I mean the quarterback in a spread offense will tend to be a playmaker

Wisdom and Flanagan are both sophomores so you can ask that same question of them

macadoshis

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 27, 2015, 09:02:44 pm
I mean the quarterback in a spread offense will tend to be a playmaker

Wisdom and Flanagan are both sophomores so you can ask that same question of them
Exactly, so until they make some plays you can only put Gerlick in there IMO. That's not to say they won't be playmakers throughout the season.

WPWells

Well then I question what some of the other names on this list have proved. Don't take this personally

macadoshis

August 27, 2015, 10:43:31 pm #183 Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 06:39:36 am by macadoshis
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 27, 2015, 10:34:02 pm
Well then I question what some of the other names on this list have proved. Don't take this personally
which names would be in question ?  And why would I have a reason to take it personally? And I would definitely add Wilkins to this list for Lamar.

macadoshis

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 27, 2015, 07:53:23 pm
Quote from: macadoshis on August 02, 2015, 09:00:36 pm
If the Warriors have any chance to take that crown, this has to be the year to do it that's for sure. 

I think it's sweet you guys give your conf champ a crown!
Unlike yours where every team gets a participation trophy?

MICHAELSPAPPY

All three teams have important games the first weekend. We will know a lot more after that.

adaptedtigerfan

😅😅  I felt the 🔥🔥 on that.

armchajrhog5

Anyone see the Lamar -Dover scrimmage?
how did both teams look?

macadoshis

Quote from: armchajrhog5 on August 29, 2015, 07:37:37 am
how did both teams look?
Both teams were very physical.  Neither team showed much on offense. 

Clara Allen

Quote from: macadoshis on August 29, 2015, 10:20:20 am
Quote from: armchajrhog5 on August 29, 2015, 07:37:37 am
how did both teams look?
Both teams were very physical.  Neither team showed much on offense.

I'll agree with that.  I was on the sidelines and the offense was dragging a bit.  But Lamar was lacking a big piece of the offense, so hopefully at the Clarksville game, all the pieces to the puzzle will fit in place.  Or maybe Doc didn't want to show all his cards...

Proud Buckaroo

Most likely didn't want to show all his cards. It's a scrimmage. You don't really run your entire offense. You run what areas you know need work in.

macadoshis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 29, 2015, 05:16:00 pm
Most likely didn't want to show all his cards. It's a scrimmage. You don't really run your entire offense. You run what areas you know need work in.
Exactly.  and that's Lamar did.  Worked on the midline reads.  really didnt pay attention to down and distance. Just worked on the things that needed a little fine tuning

BigMan15

I'd say
1. Lamar
2. Charleston
3. Booneville
4. Two Rivers
5. Paris
6. Lavaca
7. Danville
8. Mansfield

mastiff

jr high?????

GO WILDCATS!!!!

The Dynasty

The fact that the coaches picked Lamar to win conference is laughable to me. Do any of you guys remember when Lamar beat Charleston..... yeah, me either. Until they are knocked off the top this conference belongs to Charleston with Booneville sliding in at number 2. I need to actually see Lamar beat someone before I believe they can hang with the Tigers and the Cats.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: The Dynasty on August 31, 2015, 02:28:07 pm
The fact that the coaches picked Lamar to win conference is laughable to me. Do any of you guys remember when Lamar beat Charleston..... yeah, me either. Until they are knocked off the top this conference belongs to Charleston with Booneville sliding in at number 2. I need to actually see Lamar beat someone before I believe they can hang with the Tigers and the Cats.

Couldn't have said it better. Believe it when I see it!

RTF

Yah because those coaches obviously know nothing compared to Dynasty.... lol

The Dynasty

Quote from: RTF on August 31, 2015, 04:04:28 pm
Yah because those coaches obviously know nothing compared to Dynasty.... lol

They are the same coaches that put two kids from a losing team on the All State team.....

Longfellow

I don't even want to talk about last years all-state list. That was a sham of a list. How the coaches voted in Hernandez from Danville over Chris Williams from Charleston is beyond me

The Dynasty

Quote from: Longfellow on August 31, 2015, 04:32:07 pm
I don't even want to talk about last years all-state list. That was a sham of a list. How the coaches voted in Hernandez from Danville over Chris Williams from Charleston is beyond me

Exactly my point. If they can't evaluate talent they have actually seen why should one think they can evaluate teams that have played a down yet. Sorry but I'm not losing any sleep over Lamar.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas