• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3a Who Takes the Crown

Started by nastynice, July 30, 2015, 03:25:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lineman

This is going to be one heck of a year in the 4-3a. I could see the top three going undefeated. I could also see a three way tie for 1st, only time will tell. The Tigers didn't do anything too fancy at the black/white game Saturday, but I see a team that's ready for a fight. These guys are ready to step up & take their turn. I just hope everyone can stay healthy, so when the dust settles in November there won't be any excuses as to why somebody got their tail whooped.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: beach bum on August 15, 2015, 08:58:06 pm
Quote from: jazdill on August 15, 2015, 08:54:47 pm
Lamar has never beat Charleston or Booneville at the Sr High level. Lamar has only beat Charleston(2012) and Booneville(mid 90's) one time each in Jr High.

Why is everyone so down on Danville? I recall they have had three straight good 9th grade classes. Not saying they should be picked to win conf..... but post stating that Two Rivers will beat them!!!!

Danville is a bit hyped IMO.... They went 5-6 last year with a loss to a 5 seed 2A school in Bigelow and maxpreps and hootens had them in the top 11 or 12 in their final rankings. I have never seen a below .500 team be ranked so high with a loss to an average lower class team and another close win to Mount Ida. I see Danville doing the exact same as last year and Hootens will probably still have them in the top 15 all year though.
They were hyped up after they ALMOST beat Lamar last year. They jumped out I believe 21-7 and Lamar came back to win by 1. Since then they think they are a little better than they actually are. I do give credit to Danville, they came to win that night and didn't back down.

nastynice

Quote from: Lineman on August 17, 2015, 12:01:33 pm
This is going to be one heck of a year in the 4-3a. I could see the top three going undefeated. I could also see a three way tie for 1st, only time will tell. The Tigers didn't do anything too fancy at the black/white game Saturday, but I see a team that's ready for a fight. These guys are ready to step up & take their turn. I just hope everyone can stay healthy, so when the dust settles in November there won't be any excuses as to why somebody got their tail whooped.
Very true. A Lamar, Charleston, and Booneville coach all 3 told me the same thing, "We are a couple injuries from being an avg team." 

macadoshis

After hearing how small our line is, I'm rethinking my pick on where we'll finish. 

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: macadoshis on August 18, 2015, 10:00:12 am
After hearing how small our line is, I'm rethinking my pick on where we'll finish.

Do i sense a bit of sarcasm?  You guys have a lock on the thickest qb!!  Similar to dardanelles qb from last year if you ask me.

macadoshis

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 18, 2015, 10:51:05 am
Quote from: macadoshis on August 18, 2015, 10:00:12 am

Do i sense a bit of sarcasm?  You guys have a lock on the thickest qb!!  Similar to dardanelles qb from last year if you ask me.
He's not as fast as Dardanelles QB from last year and doesnt throw even close to what Thompson could throw.  But agree he will be the thickest QB in the conference for sure

ChucktownTiger

I think Rowlands gonna shock some people this year. No he's no Ty Storey, but then again who is. However he has the talent to lead his team to a third straight trip to the ROCK.

macadoshis

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on August 18, 2015, 02:10:41 pm
I think Rowlands gonna shock some people this year. No he's no Ty Storey, but then again who is. However he has the talent to lead his team to a third straight trip to the ROCK.
I agree 100%.  I've  only seen him briefly and was super impressed.  He will get the job done no doubt.  I don't think many will be shocked.  Everyone expects Charleston to put a great product on the field, especially at QB and I am confident Rowland will not disappoint.

Lineman

Anyone that's been around these young men & the program won't be shocked at all. May take them a bit to settle into a groove, but these guys play well together. Most of them have been together since 3rd grade little league. Jack & Wade are natural leaders and will keep everyone pointed in the right direction. And I think a few unknowns will step up and make some noise.

Longfellow

Over/Under: Wade Gerlick gets 200 tackles? I'll take the over

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Longfellow on August 18, 2015, 02:50:10 pm

I'll take the under.  What did the top tackler have for a total last year?

Lineman

That's a tough one. I don't have any numbers, but he should break the school record for most tackles. But then again he's a four year starter on defense. What impressed me the most Saturday night was his footwork at the RB position. Last year he would drop a shoulder & try to mow a defender over. He made a few moves & went around a few folks.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Lineman on August 18, 2015, 03:16:30 pm
That's a tough one. I don't have any numbers, but he should break the school record for most tackles. But then again he's a four year starter on defense. What impressed me the most Saturday night was his footwork at the RB position. Last year he would drop a shoulder & try to mow a defender over. He made a few moves & went around a few folks.

Just curious on numbers.  200 tackles is a ton of tackles.  Usually happens when its a one man show on defense, and then season doesnt last long enough to get that many due to losing early in the playoffs.

Longfellow

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 18, 2015, 03:07:51 pm

I'm not sure. I do know that Colton Posky had over 160 and he only played the first half in most games. I don't think Charleston is gonna roll through  the schedule like last year, so I think Wade will be playing a lot of second half minutes. He would need to average 13 tackles per game in 15 games, 14 in 14 games, 13 in 13 games, and so on. Just as a measuring stick, my teammate Caleb Lisenbey had 197 tackles in 12 games out senior year. That comes out to 16 tackles per game. I definitely think Wade can reach 200

nastynice

Quote from: Longfellow on August 18, 2015, 03:23:48 pm
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 18, 2015, 03:07:51 pm

I'm not sure. I do know that Colton Posky had over 160 and he only played the first half in most games. I don't think Charleston is gonna roll through  the schedule like last year, so I think Wade will be playing a lot of second half minutes. He would need to average 13 tackles per game in 15 games, 14 in 14 games, 13 in 13 games, and so on. Just as a measuring stick, my teammate Caleb Lisenbey had 197 tackles in 12 games out senior year. That comes out to 16 tackles per game. I definitely think Wade can reach 200
Under. He'll be carrying a lot of the load on offense this year and won't be as rested or fresh as he was last year. I know he played offense last year too, but he'll be taking a lot more hits on offense this year.

OLDSCHOOL82

Are we talking assisted or unassisted?

The King

Charleston will probably finish 6-4 and that will become the norm... Lamar and Booneville will overtake them as top dogs.

Lineman

You should change your name from the king to the jester!!

PrivateLesson

Quote from: The King on August 18, 2015, 08:46:32 pm
Charleston will probably finish 6-4 and that will become the norm... Lamar and Booneville will overtake them as top dogs.
sure.

macadoshis

I take the under.  200 is a huge task.  Colton had around 165 and he was all over the field.  That kid had heart.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: macadoshis on August 18, 2015, 02:16:03 pm
I agree 100%.  I've  only seen him briefly and was super impressed.  He will get the job done no doubt.  I don't think many will be shocked.  Everyone expects Charleston to put a great product on the field, especially at QB and I am confident Rowland will not disappoint.

I meant people not close with the system will be shocked. I think Wisdom and Flanagan are going to be BIG TIME. Hearing GREAT things about our D. I think those guys are gonna be the back bone of this team. Hobbs does a great job, on and off the field.

The King

The conference will finish in the order of Lamar, Danville, Booneville, Charleston, Paris, Lavaca, Mansfield, and Two Rivers. Charleston and Booneville drop off a little. The tradition can't last forever.

Longfellow

Danville as a two seed over Chuck and Booneville. That's funny. You should post this on the bold predictions thread

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: The King on August 19, 2015, 08:45:02 am
The conference will finish in the order of Lamar, Danville, Booneville, Charleston, Paris, Lavaca, Mansfield, and Two Rivers. Charleston and Booneville drop off a little. The tradition can't last forever.

Oh man this is awesome!  Do a little research on Booneville before you say tradition can't last forever.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on August 19, 2015, 06:03:49 am

I meant people not close with the system will be shocked. I think Wisdom and Flanagan are going to be BIG TIME. Hearing GREAT things about our D. I think those guys are gonna be the back bone of this team. Hobbs does a great job, on and off the field.

Not knocking Wisdom and Flanagan at all.  Flannagan can fly and Wisdom is a good ball player.  Big time as Sophmores though?  Or, they will develop as big time players?

beach bum

The world is coming to an end if that happens...

Longfellow

Quote from: beach bum on August 19, 2015, 08:53:57 am
The world is coming to an end if that happens...
That or Danville has refilled its recruiting budget

Lineman

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Longfellow

Lineman

Dt dew out my nose all over the dash of my truck. I need a towel.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 19, 2015, 08:49:18 am

Oh man this is awesome!  Do a little research on Booneville before you say tradition can't last forever.
Looks like Football season is almost here.....Booneville is practicing their defense skills early!  Lol!  ;) :)

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 19, 2015, 08:51:23 am
Quote from: ChucktownTiger on August 19, 2015, 06:03:49 am

Not knocking Wisdom and Flanagan at all.  Flannagan can fly and Wisdom is a good ball player.  Big time as Sophmores though?  Or, they will develop as big time players?

I think they will end their carrier in a group of some of the most elite to play for ctown. I think they will contribute a lot this year, especially as sophomores. I think they'll obviously have growing pains through out this year. Especially the first few games. My hope is that they are getting it together and hitting their stride on the back half of our schedule. They have the potential to be Great Sophomore players and there's no doubt they will develop into phenomenal three year starters for the Tigers.

RTF

Hey King I like how you think but maybe Mansfield wins it all?
1. Mansfield
2.Danville
3.Paris
4.Two Rivers
5. Lavaca..... What you think?

PrivateLesson

Quote from: RTF on August 19, 2015, 10:21:16 am
Hey King I like how you think but maybe Mansfield wins it all?
1. Mansfield
2.Danville
3.Paris
4.Two Rivers
5. Lavaca..... What you think?
Have you not been introduced to BightenBulldog? 

BigLion10

No way charleston finishes below 2nd seed if they fall that far

cdelaney

I'm not familiar enough with the teams to say much, but unless Danville has added a bunch of new players, I can't imagine them finishing that high. They would have been lucky to make the playoffs in 5-3a last year.

TheTruth2010

I can't tell weather The king is a Lamar or Danville fan lol. Or maybe he is Lebron James, because he wouldn't know anything about 3a football in Arkansas either.  ;D

ViewFromAbove

Quote from: Lineman on August 18, 2015, 03:16:30 pm

Wade Gerlick Tackles For Senior High
9th  - 19 Solo 38 Assists = 57
10th - 33 Solo 69 Assists = 102
11th - 38 Solo 44 Assists = 82
12th - ??
Total - 90 Solo 151 Assists = 241

He currently ranks 7th all-time for Tigers.
Eric Stewart (2006-2008) is the leader with 326 total tackles.

adaptedtigerfan

Viewfromabove what do you have for Posky?

nastynice

August 19, 2015, 05:52:54 pm #139 Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:55:37 pm by nastynice
King you have 8 posts, and every one of them are stupid!

The King

Quote from: nastynice on August 19, 2015, 05:52:54 pm

Creeper much?

macadoshis

Quote from: The King on August 19, 2015, 05:56:59 pm
Quote from: nastynice on August 19, 2015, 05:52:54 pm

Creeper much?
I Don't think that the king is from Lamar. Nobody here thinks Danville could possibly finish ahead of Charleston or Boonevillle

MICHAELSPAPPY

Whoever wins, the landscape in 2016 is going to be a lot different.

Lineman

2016 will be a fun year. But let's revisit that in about 5 months.

ViewFromAbove

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 19, 2015, 04:26:47 pm
Viewfromabove what do you have for Posky?

Posky is currently 3rd overall with 276 tackles.

MHSFootballmom

I'm with all of you. Charleston, Boonevile, and Lamar.  Charleston is known for having good players on the field.  I am no longer a football mom (need to change my name lol) but not thinking Mansfield will do much.  Although a few boys will do well. I don't think the head coach will be able to pull off a great season.  They lost a lot of talent last year in my opinion. And lost more than that will Gill left.  Just my opinion.

HorseFeathers

I know its a scrimmage, but danville looked average at best tonight in a 14-6 game over hector..their D has some work to do before conference starts.  Their offense looked alright when they were passing..

Longfellow

At the Jessieville jamboree tonite, Two Rivers looked pretty good on offense but struggled making tackles on defense.

nastynice

Did you get to see Booneville play any?

Lineman

Quote from: Longfellow on August 25, 2015, 09:05:42 pm
At the Jessieville jamboree tonite, Two Rivers looked pretty good on offense but struggled making tackles on defense.
Who was in the jamboree?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas