• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover = Glen Rose

Started by adaptedtigerfan, July 22, 2015, 09:18:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

adaptedtigerfan

as I have now been back on for the first time in close to a month.  I have realized that the Roo fans are very similar to the Beaver fans.  Every thread you read is about Smackover.  Just as it was 3 years ago every thread was GR.  I would start an over/under on how many Smack posts there are by December.  I'll take 50 and pick over.

WPWells

Adapted, I love ya, but GR fans are a breed unto themselves. Smackover isn't near as annoying

HorseFeathers

Adapted fan.... I know your old, but your trolli ng skills shouldn't Have already taken a nose dive like this...

Jimbo Morphis

KOJACK

Jimbo Morphis

already 7 on this page. i'll take the over again.

Beaver Fever

I think you will hear more glen rose fans this year, looks like we are back. We have been dominating in team camps this summer.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Beaver Fever on July 22, 2015, 11:06:34 am
I think you will hear more glen rose fans this year, looks like we are back. We have been dominating in team camps this summer.
soooo will glen rose beat smackover?

THA TRUTH

Summer team camps don't amount to anything

Proud Buckaroo

The top five threads have no mention of Smackover. Thanks for trying though. You want to go back last year and see how many threads were made about charleston? Your trolling skills are weak.

WPWells

Don't judge Charleston based on adapted

Longfellow

I'll take the under. I'll estimate that there will be between 37 and 40 smackover threads. Chucktown and the Curley Wolves get 25 each. 15 of Charleston's include Booneville/Lamar. Lamar gets less than 20. Booneville gets less than 15. Harding Academy gets 10+ and Glen Rose 20 +

WPWells

How many does Two Rivers get? And I imagine Charleston will at least get one for all of our games

Proud Buckaroo

I make so many threads. Because I am the main smackover poster. A lot of people rely on reading what I post because I am keeping up with smackover. I don't just post about smackover. I post articles about 7 on 7s. Oh wait. They do not count because it involves other teams. ::)

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 22, 2015, 01:09:19 pm
I make so many threads. Because I am the main smackover poster. A lot of people rely on reading what I post because I am keeping up with smackover. I don't just post about smackover. I post articles about 7 on 7s. Oh wait. They do not count because it involves other teams. ::)
over and under on how many times pb says smackover from now until the end of the season is 28,365.  i'll take the over.

adaptedtigerfan

I'll take the over on that oldman....   And what's that suppose to mean 12th?

Proud Buckaroo

It seems you cannot read between the lines very well, Adapted.

AirWarren

HorseFeathers

DeeGee

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 22, 2015, 09:26:19 am
Adapted, I love ya, but GR fans are a breed unto themselves. Smackover isn't near as annoying

Hey Now 12th man.....  Not all GR fans are the same. Even though my son don't play for them anymore I still live here.

WPWells

Nope pretty terrible. Very little class in GR

FBfan79

July 23, 2015, 06:10:04 am #21 Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 06:11:44 am by FBfan79
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 07, 2015, 06:48:01 am
That'll be a great field to lose on in the state quarterfinals

Pure class.. 

Do you remember Mao from GR?.. one of GR best posters   Maybe we'll see his return this year.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on July 22, 2015, 02:02:43 pm
I'll take the over on that oldman....   And what's that suppose to mean 12th?

I sense tension in the ranks!

Beaver Fever

How do summer camps not mean anything? If they didn't people wouldn't do them

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Beaver Fever on July 23, 2015, 10:48:35 am
How do summer camps not mean anything? If they didn't people wouldn't do them
too many unknowns. the teams you dominated may not have had half their players.

DeeGee

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 22, 2015, 05:10:48 pm
Nope pretty terrible. Very little class in GR

I'm not terrible and have plenty of class. Not all are the same. I thought we were friends 😕😕😕😕

SR30

I'm sensing a jealously issue some of you people have with Gr? I didn't see one post from a GR fan and yet the trash talking about them starts.. jealousy is very unbecoming of people. GR may not make it to war memorial but they will shake up the rankings and from the looks it's only going to get better over the next few years..

WPWells

Lol I'm jealous of a team that missed the playoffs last year when the team I support has won 29 straight games

adaptedtigerfan

Jealous.   😂😂😂. Do u have a stand up coming to western AR anytime soon.  I would love to come watch.

SR30

LOL, 29 games is awesome, however I'm thinking GR was probably the last team you lost to and THE ONLY TEAM THAT BEAT Ty Storey. Wasn't trying to start a feud, I was simply making a point. Nobody from GR had even posted anything and a thread gets started about them.  Seems the rude ones would be the ones instigating.

WPWells

The thread was started about Smackover. Guess that got lost on you

HorseFeathers

Soooo.... beating ty storey as a sophomore negates 2-8....

Beaver Fever

I do think we will be better this year, not to sure about the future though.

The current regime has caused us to get a reputation that Im not sure we will ever be able to shake.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SR30 on July 24, 2015, 12:24:21 pm
LOL, 29 games is awesome, however I'm thinking GR was probably the last team you lost to and THE ONLY TEAM THAT BEAT Ty Storey. Wasn't trying to start a feud, I was simply making a point. Nobody from GR had even posted anything and a thread gets started about them.  Seems the rude ones would be the ones instigating.

Did ty storey not start all 12 games his sophomore year? Cause the tigers were 9-3 that year.....

WPWells

Ty Storey also lost to Ozark and Atkins that year. Also, GR only beat Charleston with a one-legged Storey who still would have led Charleston to victory if not for blown coverage by a sophomore (not trying to pin blame on him - he had a good season and went on to have a great career as a Tiger)

DeeGee

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 24, 2015, 06:20:20 pm
Ty Storey also lost to Ozark and Atkins that year. Also, GR only beat Charleston with a one-legged Storey who still would have led Charleston to victory if not for blown coverage by a sophomore (not trying to pin blame on him - he had a good season and went on to have a great career as a Tiger)

Why is all this being brought up? GR won and lost the state. Time to move on. This thread went way off board. Though my son no longer plays for them don't mean I don't support them. And no,  not all GR posters are bad.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DeeGoldie on July 24, 2015, 06:45:11 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 24, 2015, 06:20:20 pm

Why is all this being brought up? GR won and lost the state. Time to move on. This thread went way off board. Though my son no longer plays for them don't mean I don't support them. And no,  not all GR posters are bad.

You are reading the posts made by your fellow Glen Rose posters, correct? we're still 38 days from the first game, or roughly a month from scrimmages. Gotta pass the time somehow, and these guys getting on here trying to hate on the 3A-1 schools, and make false claims has really livened up the boards a little bit...

DeeGee

I just live here lol. My son plays in Searcy Now. But I still will support the Beavers since I live here. But I won't be ugly like others from here.

Beaver Fever

Your son doesn't play for glen rose anymore?  I don't think you've mentioned that before  ::)

DeeGee

Quote from: Beaver Fever on July 25, 2015, 07:57:40 am
Your son doesn't play for glen rose anymore?  I don't think you've mentioned that before  ::)

Yes I have. As a matter of fact several times. 

adaptedtigerfan

First I've heard of it as well Beaver Fever.  😂😂

DeeGee

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on July 25, 2015, 10:46:32 am
First I've heard of it as well Beaver Fever.  😂😂

He moved to his dads in searcy and is playing for riverview.

DeeGee

July 25, 2015, 10:55:15 am #42 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:00:31 am by DeeGoldie
As a matter of fact there was a big discussion on his eligibility. We have joint custody plus he's 18 Now so he moved to Searcy.

quicksand

Quote from: FBfan79 on July 23, 2015, 06:10:04 am
Pure class.. 

Do you remember Mao from GR?.. one of GR best posters   Maybe we'll see his return this year.
Where was he at last year?  Oh yeah...he only shows up when they win.  He is the poster child of a true fair weather fan.

Oldbadger

Quote from: DeeGoldie on July 25, 2015, 10:55:15 am
As a matter of fact there was a big discussion on his edibility. We have joint custody plus he's 18 Now so he moved to Searcy.
"Edibility"? Stupid spellcheck!!

DeeGee

Fixed it. Yes I hate auto-correct as well.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Beaver Fever on July 25, 2015, 07:57:40 am

So do u really have beaver fever??

SR30

The thread is Smackover=Glen Rose so therfore GR is included in the tbread. All your doing is trolling try to stir things up because your board without football. I get that as I have been myself. With that being said I don't know why GR was brought in the mix. Some think they are arrogant I call it confidence. Yes they had an off year, first one since like 2004 or so that I can recall. I personally know the coaches and while not all people care for them they get the job done. Yes kids quit but I blame a lot of it on parents because they don't want little Johnny Football to get yelled at. Or could it be they play the best player not the popular player. Yes I know I'll get blasted for saying that but I do. GR employs old school coaching techniques which people of my generation hated. I grew up playing for Coach Alpe and Coach Clem in malvern and let me tell you the coaches in GR are no worse to the players than these 2. They teach discipline, technique and instill a winning drive in to these kids. They are smaller than most teams they face so they have to play with a chip on their shoulder. I mean its football not patty cakes. Are there cheap shots and trash talk going on? Of course but show me a team who doesn't do these and I bet their program isn't a very successful one..I speak from experience on that topic. There are fans from GR who do love to talk trash on here and give us a bad name and for that I do apologize. However after working 3 years for GR school district and attending every home game for both Jr and Sr High I for the life of me can't figure out why people complain about the majority of our fans. With the job I held I can promise you I would have been informed of any problems.

In closing I will tell you I put full faith in the coaching staff. If I didn't I would not have moved my son back to Glen Rose this year. He is in more than capable hands to not only developed and become an even more dominant player but to also to help mild him for the future.  So go ahead and blast me, talk more smack about GR and feel all warm and fuzzy about yourself. You deserve to feel good talking about a team that was down last year. But trust me there is something brewing in Beaver Nation..

WPWells

Lol @ teaching discipline. If by discipline you mean teaching by an example of arrogance and being a jerk, then I agree with you. The people bashing GR have never been associated with the program, so I'd advise you to take a hard look at just how the coaches lead the program

Longfellow

So a team has to talk trash and play dirty in order to be successful? Sounds like you haven't watched to much football if every successful team you've seen is that way

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas