• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good news in Smackover......

Started by Proud Buckaroo, January 28, 2015, 03:37:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

August 19, 2015, 10:34:44 am #50 Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 01:08:39 pm by Oldman
Quote from: Pit Bull on August 19, 2015, 10:01:07 am
Quote from: Oldman on August 19, 2015, 09:56:45 am
Quote from: Pit Bull on August 19, 2015, 09:55:35 am
Quote from: BigBrother on January 29, 2015, 10:52:42 am
Saban was lost. Lol

Not lost but another Tenpenny type of recruiting to keep him from being a Hog... Tenpenny was the best back in the State of Arkansas in his class, but he hasn't made any noise in the SEC because of his choice and probably won't...
won't for sure. he just got kicked off the team at unlv.

I wonder what his Alabama Fan uncle that helped influnce his school choice decision is saying now.... What a waste... Be careful when the being recruited, it could be for the wrong reasons...
he I$ probably not $tre$$ed about it.

Pit Bull

Quote from: Oldman on August 19, 2015, 10:34:44 am
Quote from: Pit Bull on August 19, 2015, 10:01:07 am
Quote from: Oldman on August 19, 2015, 09:56:45 am
Quote from: Pit Bull on August 19, 2015, 09:55:35 am
Quote from: BigBrother on January 29, 2015, 10:52:42 am
Saban was lost. Lol

Not lost but another Tenpenny type of recruiting to keep him from being a Hog... Tenpenny was the best back in the State of Arkansas in his class, but he hasn't made any noise in the SEC because of his choice and probably won't...
won't for sure. he just got kicked off the team at unlv.

I wonder what his Alabama Fan uncle that helped influnce his school choice decision is saying now.... What a waste... Be careful when the being recruited, it could be for the wrong reasons...
he I$ probably no $tre$$ed about it.

LOL!

Proud Buckaroo

Article in El Dorado news times about the team scrimmage Monday, and PC scrimmage next Monday.

Bucks compete Monday

This article was published today at 5:00 a.m.

By Kev Moyé

News-Times Staff

After pondering over the Black and White scrimmage and viewing certain moments of the event on film, Smackover coach Brian Strickland is content with the current status of his team.

Moving forward, he wants the players to understand that there's plenty of work to do as the August 31st season opener against Warren rapidly approaches.

"The kids competed hard (in the scrimmage). I like the way our quarterbacks did. I like the way they ran the offense. The running backs ran hard and fought for extra yards," he said. "Our receivers did a good job of running routes and making quick catches. We had our linemen mixed up but overall, they didn't do a bad job. There are just some things we have to work on with everyone within their groups."

Strickland praised the performance of several individuals.

"There were some players who stood out. I thought Tyrek Rucks played extremely well on both sides of the ball. Willie Davis ran the ball hard and made some big hits on defense. Keiandre Purifoy fought extremely hard. He fought for yard-after-yard. Beau Burson threw the ball well and directed the offense well," the coach stated. "Reagan Pyron caught my attention a few times on the defensive side of the ball and made some big hits. Different guys stood out. As I watched the film and also after I watch the film again-and-again, there will be other things that stand out."

As expected, Jordan Jones - a 6-3 senior who has verbally committed to play for Arkansas - provided plenty of highlights.

"Jordan had three touchdown receptions and he ran back an interception for a touchdown. He caught a lot of balls. He had quite a bit of yardage if it would've been a real game. He had a good night," Strickland said. "We're now trying to find guys to go along with Jordan Jones. We feel like we have some guys, it's just trying to get them to show us what they can do in game-like situations. We're looking for complements to go along with Jordan out wide. We're starting to see some guys step up. I think we have a good idea who those receivers are."

What area requires the most attention as preparations begin for next Monday's jamboree at Parkers Chapel?

"We're going to spend a lot of time in offensive groups. Right now we have 18 to 20 linemen and I couldn't tell you the five that are going to start right now. We're still trying to find those five pieces. One day a group will look great and the next day it will look like we hadn't practiced before," the coach answered. "We're still trying to find a five that day-in and day-out will get the job done.

"Our running backs, we've got to work on pass blocking. The receivers have to work on blocking when it's not a pass play. It's the little things we have to work on."

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 19, 2015, 06:45:02 pm

"There were some players who stood out. I thought Tyrek Rucks played extremely well on both sides of the ball. Willie Davis ran the ball hard and made some big hits on defense. Keiandre Purifoy fought extremely hard. He fought for yard-after-yard. Beau Burson threw the ball well and directed the offense well," the coach stated. "Reagan Pyron caught my attention a few times on the defensive side of the ball and made some big hits. Different guys stood out. As I watched the film and also after I watch the film again-and-again, there will be other things that stand out."

The name in bold.. Keep a close eye on him. He is a very talented kid. Only a sophomore, and I have mentioned him before last season.

bleudog

Proud Buckaroo

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 19, 2015, 06:45:02 pm
Article in El Dorado news times about the team scrimmage Monday, and PC scrimmage next Monday.

Bucks compete Monday

This article was published today at 5:00 a.m.

By Kev Moyé

News-Times Staff

After pondering over the Black and White scrimmage and viewing certain moments of the event on film, Smackover coach Brian Strickland is content with the current status of his team.

Moving forward, he wants the players to understand that there's plenty of work to do as the August 31st season opener against Warren rapidly approaches.

"The kids competed hard (in the scrimmage). I like the way our quarterbacks did. I like the way they ran the offense. The running backs ran hard and fought for extra yards," he said. "Our receivers did a good job of running routes and making quick catches. We had our linemen mixed up but overall, they didn't do a bad job. There are just some things we have to work on with everyone within their groups."

As expected, Jordan Jones - a 6-3 senior who has verbally committed to play for Arkansas - provided plenty of highlights.

"Jordan had three touchdown receptions and he ran back an interception for a touchdown. He caught a lot of balls. He had quite a bit of yardage if it would've been a real game. He had a good night," Strickland said. "We're now trying to find guys to go along with Jordan Jones. We feel like we have some guys, it's just trying to get them to show us what they can do in game-like situations. We're looking for complements to go along with Jordan out wide. We're starting to see some guys step up. I think we have a good idea who those receivers are."

What area requires the most attention as preparations begin for next Monday's jamboree at Parkers Chapel?

"We're going to spend a lot of time in offensive groups. Right now we have 18 to 20 linemen and I couldn't tell you the five that are going to start right now. We're still trying to find those five pieces. One day a group will look great and the next day it will look like we hadn't practiced before," the coach answered. "We're still trying to find a five that day-in and day-out will get the job done.

"Our running backs, we've got to work on pass blocking. The receivers have to work on blocking when it's not a pass play. It's the little things we have to work on."

Great interview by the coach. Thanks for posting.

Proud Buckaroo

BUCK FEVER

yep............and take note who who was at QB on that play................the only one with the ability to buy some time while the kid gets open................same play was run earlier when JJ was not at QB and the played turned to shyt.

El Jefe

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on September 02, 2015, 07:55:19 am
yep............and take note who who was at QB on that play................the only one with the ability to buy some time while the kid gets open................same play was run earlier when JJ was not at QB and the played turned to shyt.
That's smackover fan for you. If it ain't the coaches fault then just blame the kid...smh I can't wait to see this board when y'all are 0-2  ;)

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: El Jefe on September 02, 2015, 09:13:39 am
That's smackover fan for you. If it ain't the coaches fault then just blame the kid...smh I can't wait to see this board when y'all are 0-2  ;)

In non-conference. Lol. You guys act like the regular season has already started and we lost a non-conference game to Drew central.

El Jefe

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 02, 2015, 09:15:16 am
Quote from: El Jefe on September 02, 2015, 09:13:39 am

In non-conference. Lol. You guys act like the regular season has already started and we lost a non-conference game to Drew central.
What you guys? Smackover fan is the one ready to have the coach fired, install their own conditioning program and bench the qb... from a non-conference game

THA TRUTH

I mean the regular  season has started

amehr36

This team only counts games if they win them and is in for another beating this weekend.

Who is Smackover??

Hootie

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 02, 2015, 02:37:57 pm
I mean the regular season has started

And dats........ DA TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUFFFFFF....

*Sterling reference from 1037 The Buzz

cuckoobird

So if smackover can't compete against a 4a team and the next week can't compete against a 2a school, that means the 3a is awful

Proud Buckaroo

Stuttgart should schedule junction next year.

cuckoobird

They wouldn't want any part of next years team for sure

THA TRUTH

Jc will be even better the next two years bring the rice birds on

bleudog

Quote from: Hootie on September 02, 2015, 04:49:32 pm
Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 02, 2015, 02:37:57 pm
I mean the regular season has started

And dats........ DA TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUFFFFFF....

*Sterling reference from 1037 The Buzz

and Double BBBBB'sssss

dragondad

September 02, 2015, 09:21:00 pm #70 Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 10:08:29 pm by dragondad
Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 02, 2015, 06:30:17 pm
Jc will be even better the next two years bring the rice birds on

Seeing as how our Jr line is bigger today than 2/3 of our SR line, I'm not worried about anyone running them over for several years to come. They may very well be the biggest line in any classification under 5A by the time they're Jr's or Sr's.

Proud Buckaroo

This kid is definitely going to help us out this year with getting the ball to someone other than Jordan; when he gets double/triple teamed.

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/football-fall-15/gurdon-vs-smackover/9-11-2015-FD2yqWAMF0-P7XYaiX2dVw.htm

LilBeastBIL

It all starts with the running game.

Proud Buckaroo

mtindian42

September 13, 2015, 10:31:20 am #74 Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:35:29 am by mtindian42
Most are wrong the best in the game is urban meyer...proved it last year...by taken down the tide with a 3rd string qb. enough said... That's why the best in Arkansas last year is now a buckeye...kj hill. GO BUCKS...

WPWells

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 13, 2015, 10:31:20 am
Most are wrong the best in the game is urban meyer...proved it last year...by taken down the tide with a 3rd string qb. enough said... That's why the best in Arkansas last year is now a buckeye...kj hill. GO BUCKS...

No....

KJ Hill is a Buckeye because his scholarship for Arkansas was getting pulled due to some illegal actions that happened...

mtindian42

Don't kid yourself man. He just wanted to play for a school that can beat toledo...lmbo...

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 13, 2015, 10:47:15 am
Don't kid yourself man. He just wanted to play for a school that can beat toledo...lmbo...

Not kidding myself. Just stating facts.

So. I take it you're an Ohio State fan... When did you become one? When they won last year?

mtindian42

Nope just know a wining school from a losing one... You know kinda like kj hill did lol

WPWells

Pretty pathetic that you only root for a team because they win

mtindian42

Been a fan for years it all started when I was a kid I like there school colors... Been a fan ever since...I can't help it God led me to a winner... Just the way things work out sometimes...but belive me it hasn't been all peaches and cream ethier...I've had some painfull times as a fan as we'll loseing to fla and lsu in blow out fashion...but then there is 02 and 14 there is ups and downs for sure...

Jabali

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 13, 2015, 12:28:51 pm
Been a fan for years it all started when I was a kid I like there school colors... Been a fan ever since...I can't help it God led me to a winner... Just the way things work out sometimes...but belive me it hasn't been all peaches and cream ethier...I've had some painfull times as a fan as we'll loseing to fla and lsu in blow out fashion...but then there is 02 and 14 there is ups and downs for sure...
I couldn't pull for Ohio just because I have spent a little time there. Not pleasant, the armpit of America if you ask me.

mtindian42

Sorry you feel that way... But that's your right to do so...

mtindian42

Oh and I allmost forgot 15 as well 😛

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas