• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Games 10/21

Started by bulldog42, October 20, 2014, 02:18:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog42

There may be more, but I think these are the only 3A teams in action tomorrow as I don't think Bergman is playing tomorrow:

Twin Rivers Classic Norfork:
Valley Springs vs Viola (SG) 4pm
Valley Springs vs Bay (SB) 5:30
Cotter vs Jasper SB 8:30

Flippin at Western Grove, JR Girls, SR Girls and SR Boys JV

WPWells

I'd be very interested in playing some sort of season-long pick'em involving 3A teams if someone else wanted to run it! I'd help after football season (it would just be too much doing 3A football and 3A basketball pick'ems)

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 20, 2014, 02:58:59 pm
I'd be very interested in playing some sort of season-long pick'em involving 3A teams if someone else wanted to run it! I'd help after football season (it would just be too much doing 3A football and 3A basketball pick'ems)
Maybe Charleston won't make playoffs and you will have more time for basketball.

WPWells

Can we actually just skip to baseball?

oldtimer

Anybody got any scores from Norfork tonight?

Silky Johnson

HeadTiger

Bay 38 valley 33 halftime

BigMan15

So valley that good or is bay playing bad

WPWells

If Valley is that good then they'll be a threat in 3A this year

WPWells

Apparently they're in OT now. The Valley girls won big (no surprise)

Any update on Flippin-Western Grove?

HeadTiger

bulldog42

Sr girls end of 1 Western Grove 10 Flippin 2

WPWells

BigMan15

bulldog42

Sr girls half time Western Grove 16 Flippin 12

Silky Johnson

Shearer for Valley had 29 and Hogue had 19.
For bay Colton Watson had 17 but was in foul trouble all night. 3 or 4 guys for Bay had 13 so it was very balanced scoring.

bulldog42

Sr girls end of 3 Flippin 26 western grove 24

bulldog42

SR girls final
Flippin 40
Western Grove 35

WPWells

Pending Cotter-Jasper the 3A is 2-1 on the night

BigMan15

Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 21, 2014, 07:37:03 pm
For bay Colton Watson had 17 but was in foul trouble all night. 3 or 4 guys for Bay had 13 so it was very balanced scoring.

How will they fair in the 3a this year

Silky Johnson

Based off of one game I couldn't really tell you. They should finish 1 or 2 in conf. With the 3A-3 not what it usually they have a path to state.

bobcats

Quote from: BigMan15 on October 21, 2014, 11:27:17 pm
Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 21, 2014, 07:37:03 pm

How will they fair in the 3a this year

Valley will finish somewhere between 2nd and 4th.  Flippin should win the conference.

SoftballMom

Varsity game of the Flippin Lady Bobcats and Western Grove Lady Warriors - WG control most of the first 1/2 of the game. Point guard had good ball handling skills, one of the best I've seen so far this season; ran the offense very well. Number 24 and 44 posted up very well; WG should do well in their conference.
Lady Bobcats didn't play well the first 1/2 of the game, turnovers killed them. Seem to regroup after halftime and turn the momentum of the game to where they took control; I personally base that off of a great coach motivating the players. You saw a different ball team out there, still a little scrappy, but fighting for every point. Should improve their skills as they get used to the way Hughes coaches. H Butcher lead all scores with 18, 12 coming from the free thrown line. J Pace had a great game with 10 point, hitting some key 3 pointers to push the Lady Bobcats to a 40-35 win.

See you all at ICC Friday and the Twins River on Saturday. Will also cover Norfork girls and boys game as well.

bulldog42

Quote from: SoftballMom on October 22, 2014, 10:53:30 am
Varsity game of the Flippin Lady Bobcats and Western Grove Lady Warriors - WG control most of the first 1/2 of the game. Point guard had good ball handling skills, one of the best I've seen so far this season; ran the offense very well. Number 24 and 44 posted up very well; WG should do well in their conference.
Lady Bobcats didn't play well the first 1/2 of the game, turnovers killed them. Seem to regroup after halftime and turn the momentum of the game to where they took control; I personally base that off of a great coach motivating the players. You saw a different ball team out there, still a little scrappy, but fighting for every point. Should improve their skills as they get used to the way Hughes coaches. H Butcher lead all scores with 18, 12 coming from the free thrown line. J Pace had a great game with 10 point, hitting some key 3 pointers to push the Lady Bobcats to a 40-35 win.

See you all at ICC Friday and the Twins River on Saturday. Will also cover Norfork girls and boys game as well.
The point guard for Western Grove is just a freshman, she has a lot of potential.  The two post players are good, the trouble with WG will be outside shooting.  Flippin did look a lot better.  Struggled early but overcame the early lead by Western Grove.  I think they will continue to improve throughout the year.  They may have a shot at the 3 or 4 spot from the conference, which should be hotly contested.  The thing that will hurt Flippin will be depth, but they are on the right track.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas