• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valley Springs Lady Tigers

Started by Hooperfan23, September 30, 2014, 09:11:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooperfan23

I have been hearing good things about the lady Tigers this year. Possible Top contender for state?What's the word on them, and who are key players for the Tigers to watch this upcoming season?

Hooperfan23

Also who in conference will be the best competition for them? Trying to catch some games pretty soon

Googlymoogly

I think the Valley girls are by far the best team in that conference. In fact, they should go 16-0, with the emphasis on the word SHOULD.
The Valley girls play at Izard County on Monday, Nov. 24. That's a non-conference game but it pits what is most likely the two best girls teams over the entire North Central part of the state.

Hooperfan23

ICC has the 6'2 girl that moved from Melbourne correct? I remember watching them play last year in district finals. Who does valley have left? Did they graduate their point guard?

Moonshiner

Quote from: Hooperfan23 on October 01, 2014, 08:52:53 am
ICC has the 6'2 girl that moved from Melbourne correct? I remember watching them play last year in district finals. Who does valley have left? Did they graduate their point guard?

They really didn't lose anyone, plus they gained some very good Jr. girls.  Not sure if they (Jr. Girls) even lost a game last year.

Googlymoogly

Quote from: Moonshiner on October 01, 2014, 08:55:15 am
Quote from: Hooperfan23 on October 01, 2014, 08:52:53 am

They really didn't lose anyone, plus they gained some very good Jr. girls.  Not sure if they (Jr. Girls) even lost a game last year.
Valley junior girls lost one game all year last season, and that was at Wonderview which has a pretty good girls program too. Wonderview is coming off a runner up finish at the Class 1A state championship and had several ninth graders move up last year to help. Other than that, I don't think the Valley junior girls even came close to losing another game last year.
And I almost forgot, Wonderview is playing at Valley Springs on Friday Novemeber 7. Both senior girls and boys games should be pretty good. Wonderview's top girls player, Bailey Zimmerman, committed to play for the Arkansas Razorbacks a couple of weeks ago.

Hooperfan23

Is she the best player in the area? I've heard of other girls but haven't heard Her name. I want my daughter who is in middle school to watch some of these girls and watch how they play

Googlymoogly

Quote from: Hooperfan23 on October 01, 2014, 04:16:09 pm
Is she the best player in the area? I've heard of other girls but haven't heard Her name. I want my daughter who is in middle school to watch some of these girls and watch how they play
The best player in this area is at Valley Springs, junior Payton Tennison who has already gotten several college offers. Emmalee Taylor is also a junior at Valley and she is good too.
But yeah, the Wonderview at Valley game on Nov. 7 is your best bet

Hooperfan23

Oh wow! Should be a good match up between those two then!

wonderboys

So, is the 6'2 girl that moved to ICC the tall freshman from Melbourne's squad last year? I would pick Melbourne as Valley's toughest in conference challenge with her, but I'm not sure anyone will touch them if she moved.

NEA Razorback olfan

Is Valley Springs still in the Highland Classic this year? They stream some of those games online.

Moonshiner

Quote from: wonderboys on October 06, 2014, 09:28:35 am
So, is the 6'2 girl that moved to ICC the tall freshman from Melbourne's squad last year? I would pick Melbourne as Valley's toughest in conference challenge with her, but I'm not sure anyone will touch them if she moved.

Yes, that is the one.

Hooperfan23

Was told today valley was not going to highland this year. Will Melbourne be participating in that? I really liked their point guard from last year

NEA Razorback olfan

Valley should take state this year, Estem and Riverview moved up to 4A, Harding will still be tough with Rose. Rivercrest and Manila I don't believe will be as strong this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas