• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Freshman

Started by BigMan15, August 21, 2014, 12:36:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

Any freshman getting moved up to play varisty this year?

Eagle20

In 4A, 7'1" Connor Vanover will likely start for Arkansas Baptist.  He was extended an offer last week to attend the USA basketball 16 under tryouts in Colorado Sprinds in October. 

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: Eagle20 on August 21, 2014, 07:11:58 pm
In 4A, 7'1" Connor Vanover will likely start for Arkansas Baptist.  He was extended an offer last week to attend the USA basketball 16 under tryouts in Colorado Sprinds in October.
Woah. 7'1"? A freshman? What are you feeding those kids over there Eagle?

BigMan15

I've heard of him....and his brother is supposed to be pretty good too...are those two boys better than the kids from el dorado

Eagle20

The scary part is he is still growing.  7'1" barefoot too.  He is a better perimeter player right now but has good footwork and hands.  It will be scary when he gets a little stronger.  His brother is more like 6'10" and is purely a low post player.  The young one has already been featured on bleacher report and si.com if you want to watch his video.   Just google his name, you will find him.  I think they will be pretty good this year but next year and the few thereafter they have a chance to win a championship.  They have an 8th grade point guard who starts for the Wings Elite and is going to be a great player in his own right. 

BigMan15

how tall were they in the sixth grade....my younger son is in seventh now and hes the youngest in his grade so about the same age as most sixth graders and hes already almost 6'2....and wears a size 15 shoe...not sure how tall he is gonna get...

Eagle20

Connor, the younger one was about 6'4" in 6th grade.  Brandon was probably just a little shorter.

BigMan15

I think my son will end up being about 6'8 or so

BigMan15

What aau team does them boys play for

Eagle20

Connor played on the Wings Elite 15u this summer.  They were national AAU runner up.  Brandon played on an NWA wings team, not the top Wings team. 

WildcatGrandpa13

Just watched a video on the young man. Very impressive. His mid range jumper is very good for his height.

BigMan15

his touch is nice but didnt see much post moves and he needs to put some weight on but for a freshman that is pretty scary that hes that tall with the nice shot....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas