• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10 for 2014

Started by BananaHands501, March 16, 2014, 12:21:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle20

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 30, 2014, 03:40:37 pm
I'm curious as to how BHG will be better than Charleston this year when Charleston beat them last year and Charleston returns 3 starters to 1 BHG starter
Who said BHG will be better than Charleston?  They do have two starters back though even with the big kid gone, not one.

WPWells

jr17

Death threats?? That should definitely be taken to the local authorities. Pretty scary thought

BigMan15

Quote from: Eagle20 on July 30, 2014, 04:55:52 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 30, 2014, 03:40:37 pm
I'm curious as to how BHG will be better than Charleston this year when Charleston beat them last year and Charleston returns 3 starters to 1 BHG starter
Who said BHG will be better than Charleston?  They do have two starters back though even with the big kid gone, not one.
that was without knowing about scoggins moving to Benton.

WPWells

Come on y'all! I wanna argue

RTF

Charleston Sucks!!! ( Thats for you 12th Man CHS) =)

WPWells

I can always count on you, RTF!

RTF

I bet Storey's stats will be down this year (compared to last year anyways). I also think Chuck will lose in the playoffs.

cdelaney

Quote from: RTF on July 31, 2014, 03:01:04 pm
I bet Storey's stats will be down this year (compared to last year anyways). I also think Chuck will lose in the playoffs.
doubt they make the playoffs.

DogsWin7

Quote from: cdelaney on July 31, 2014, 03:20:26 pm
That's a strong statement....Why? 

jr17

Storeys state should be down I hope. Seeing as how they will all be goose eggs.

WPWells

1. Charleston will not make the playoffs because in basketball it's called the state tournament

2. I believe that people on here are just being facetious

DogsWin7

I thought someone stated he wasn't playing BB this year?? I maybe wrong.

That doesn't mean someone else can't step up.

WPWells

Storey is not playing basketball this year

cdelaney

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 31, 2014, 03:39:32 pm
Quote from: cdelaney on July 31, 2014, 03:20:26 pm
That's a strong statement....Why?
Just trying to help RTF give 12th someone to argue with.

RTF

Sorry for the confusion, That last post of mine was for football. In Bball, Charleston will also be down because Ward can't do it all. heck, they probablly won't even win their conference.

BigMan15

New Poll
1. ECS
2. Mayflower
3. Cedar Ridge
4. Paris
5. Charleston
6. McGhee
7. Lamar
8. BHG
9. Rivercrest
10. West Fork

WPWells

You make me laugh. Paris at #4? You act like your son is God's gift to basketball. I think you're in for a rude awakening this year

DogsWin7

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 13, 2014, 11:06:29 am
You make me laugh. Paris at #4? You act like your son is God's gift to basketball. I think you're in for a rude awakening this year
some lessons have to be learned in life.   

BigMan15

We got a 6'7 junior move in so u might be in for a rude awakening

WPWells

Cool. Beat Charleston and then we'll talk

BigMan15

I just hope we are the first one to beat them and not second

BigMan15

Don't get me wrong ward is a good player but he can't do it on his own

chucktownboys

Should be good game, not many with Paris lately have been worth watching

WPWells

August 13, 2014, 01:07:44 pm #124 Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 01:12:58 pm by 12th Man CHS
You're forgetting Smith plus we have move-ins

Charleston has won 57 consecutive conference games. Until that streak is broken you have no room to run your mouth

BigMan15

Smith is good at times but who else do u got.... Are any of the move ins potential starters?

Silky Johnson

Quote from: North Face on July 25, 2014, 10:31:21 pm
Who does Cedar Ridge return from last year? I know Reeves graduated.
They lost Spencer Reeves and Cole Crabtree but they return both of their younger brothers who have both played the past 2 years and contributed to the success at Cedar Ridge. Austin Reeves is about 6'4 now at PG and Cade Crabtree is 6'3 at G/F. They were big in both 2A title games against EPC and Clarendon. This year they will have to pick up the scoring their brothers had but they are well equipped to do it. Nate Easley is also a returning Sr. starter who has 2 rings. I have heard of a couple of move ins but no confirmation at this time, although the kid moving from Batesville to Cedar Ridge does seem likely.

chuckBB

August 13, 2014, 09:53:36 pm #127 Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 09:55:47 pm by chuckBB
Quote from: BigMan15 on August 13, 2014, 10:53:08 am
New Poll
1. ECS
2. Mayflower
3. Cedar Ridge
4. Paris
5. Charleston
6. McGhee
7. Lamar
8. BHG
9. Rivercrest
10. West Fork

The idea of who we are is not exactly who really are but it's always good to have fantasy.... I hope Paris school recognizes your son's super star status and ready to worship him. I don't think CHS is grieving over your son transferring to Paris.  Good luck to your family.

Eagle20

Lot of Chaerleston drama played out on here.  I feel like I know too much about thiS little town.

RTF

Charleston is a town? More like a 5 second drive through low budgeted movie.

BigMan15

Quote from: chuckBB on August 13, 2014, 09:53:36 pm
Quote from: BigMan15 on August 13, 2014, 10:53:08 am
New Poll
1. ECS
2. Mayflower
3. Cedar Ridge
4. Paris
5. Charleston
6. McGhee
7. Lamar
8. BHG
9. Rivercrest
10. West Fork

The idea of who we are is not exactly who really are but it's always good to have fantasy.... I hope Paris school recognizes your son's super star status and ready to worship him. I don't think CHS is grieving over your son transferring to Paris.  Good luck to your family.

Well I'm glad that CHS is not grieving and I thank u for being somewhat respectful...we love living in Paris and we also wish charleston the best of luck. We are just looking forward to playing them this year. We have a decent non conference schedule to worry about first.

ATU

Paris will be good but with 4 starters back plus top 2 off of bench the Coach will take some heat.Because some of these player's have mom's and dad's coaching or on school board or just up the coaches rear.So will he set the new kids or set the one's he had last year.I think it will be a longer season in Paris than you think.

BigMan15

Yes Paris has 4 starters back but have two move ins that will start also some pretty good 10th graders who won district last year. I think a good year would be at least second round or so of state.

eaglefan568

My son is a senior this year and plays
On the team. I believe in putting your best
5 as a group on the court no matter who
Their parents are. A coach should be allowed
To evaluate his players and play the kids
That have earned starting roles abd playing
Time off the bench. There will always be politics
Involed unfortunately. It is what it is.

cdelaney

Quote from: eaglefan568 on August 15, 2014, 05:52:24 am
?blank verse?

BigMan15

Quote from: cdelaney on August 15, 2014, 10:30:19 am
?blank verse?
blank verse what does that mean

bdog32

Quote from: Silky Johnson on August 13, 2014, 01:30:05 pm
Quote from: North Face on July 25, 2014, 10:31:21 pm
Who does Cedar Ridge return from last year? I know Reeves graduated.
They lost Spencer Reeves and Cole Crabtree but they return both of their younger brothers who have both played the past 2 years and contributed to the success at Cedar Ridge. Austin Reeves is about 6'4 now at PG and Cade Crabtree is 6'3 at G/F. They were big in both 2A title games against EPC and Clarendon. This year they will have to pick up the scoring their brothers had but they are well equipped to do it. Nate Easley is also a returning Sr. starter who has 2 rings. I have heard of a couple of move ins but no confirmation at this time, although the kid moving from Batesville to Cedar Ridge does seem likely.

What kid is moving from batesville

cdelaney

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 16, 2014, 11:04:10 am
Quote from: cdelaney on August 15, 2014, 10:30:19 am
?blank verse?
blank verse what does that mean
A style of poetry. No rhyming. This sorta looks like it.

Eagle20

Does Episcopal have any new move ins or help coming from 9th grade?

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: Eagle20 on August 16, 2014, 08:36:50 pm
9th grader R.J. Rice will most likely play varsity this year, he is a 6'2 3 guard who is very strong and explosive. Dylan Owens, a senior, will also be eligible to play this year after having to sit out all last year because of his transfer from Parkview. He is a 1 guard. I think it is fair to say that there will be a competition for 2nd place in 3A, if ECS plays like they can no one will be able to stay on the court with them.

WPWells

Don't order the rings just yet

BigMan15

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on August 17, 2014, 05:35:31 pm
9th grader R.J. Rice will most likely play varsity this year, he is a 6'2 3 guard who is very strong and explosive. Dylan Owens, a senior, will also be eligible to play this year after having to sit out all last year because of his transfer from Parkview. He is a 1 guard. I think it is fair to say that there will be a competition for 2nd place in 3A, if ECS plays like they can no one will be able to stay on the court with them.
i think u could go ahead and order this years and next years.....lol

centralarfan

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 17, 2014, 07:23:27 pm
ECS will definitely repeat this season. Ward and Jones are good players. They are nearly good enough to beat ECS alone. Now that ECS has added a few more players, I don't see how CHS has a chance at all.

jr17

If anyone does challenge, I'm doubting it will be Charleston. But, then again, NO ONE will challenge.

doubled

Is ECS a private school? I wouldn't count out CR , They return 3 starters from 2 state championships. Reeves will be the best point guard in 3A by the end of the season , Crabtree can flat play at both ends of the court, Easley 's Defense on the big guys is Un real, all 3 of these kids are clutch. Add the 2, 9th graders and the kid off the bench from last year they will still be tough. I watched ECS last year in the finals and they are the team to beat hands down.

doubled

Just did some research on ECS and they are a private school. So I'm sure they have some really good!!!!!!!!! Teams. I bet it's hard to get in to unless ,well u can fill in the rest of the sentence.

BigMan15

Quote from: centralarfan on August 17, 2014, 09:16:21 pm
ECS will definitely repeat this season. Ward and Jones are good players. They are nearly good enough to beat ECS alone. Now that ECS has added a few more players, I don't see how CHS has a chance at all.
Who is Jones did u mean Smith.....and honestly the best competion this year for ECS will be Mayflower and possible Cedar Ridge but we will see....I think most teams are hoping to be on the opposite side of ECS come state playoffs....

centralarfan

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 18, 2014, 12:06:10 am
Who is Jones did u mean Smith.....and honestly the best competion this year for ECS will be Mayflower and possible Cedar Ridge but we will see....I think most teams are hoping to be on the opposite side of ECS come state playoffs....
Yeah, sorry I meant Andrew Smith.

cdelaney

I think ECS will be a clear favorite to repeat, but not because of the two new players. The incoming freshman will be a good addition if he plays varsity, but he will not take playing time from the current group. If he plays much it will be due to foul trouble, injury, or mop-up time at the end of games. The young man who transferred from Parkview and sat out last year will also add some depth but will also not play many critical minutes unless there is an injury or foul trouble. He has  a nice shot and can handle the ball pretty well but I am not even sure he played varsity basketball at Parkview or would have played any at all for them if he was on the team and still there.
The returning group is strong, most of the boys played a lot of AAU this summer and improved. Only loss is William Pollock but don't underestimate his importance to the team's success past 2 years. There are two rising seniors who played some last year, usually less than 8-10 minutes a game except in blowouts; they are the ones who need to step up this year.
I would not order any rings yet, but they should be the clear favorites.

cdelaney

Quote from: doubled on August 17, 2014, 10:51:44 pm
Just did some research on ECS and they are a private school. So I'm sure they have some really good!!!!!!!!! Teams. I bet it's hard to get in to unless ,well u can fill in the rest of the sentence.
Good job on the research. It must have been difficult to find out that "Episcopal Collegiate School" is a private school. We had been trying to keep it a secret. As for the rest of your post, I assume there is a recruiting angle there somewhere? Not going to repeat previous posts on this topic, other than to remind everyone that the recruiting activity these days ("move-ins") is all going on in the public schools. We are, as you have researched, a private school.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas