• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a-5 basketball

Started by CoachKk, September 16, 2013, 11:17:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CoachKk

Episcopal
Glen Rose
Jessieville
Fountain Lake
Mayflower
Benton Harmony-Grove
E-stem
Perryville

We all know Ecs is a big favorite but can anybody provide a challenge.. Should be a good year!

WildcatGrandpa13

A little early are we coach ;D? Should be a great year, and I'm sure along with everyone else my favorite is also the fighting Wildcats of Episcopal Collegiate. With incredibly quick guard play, the twin towers of Cory and Justin Gooseberry, and Kelvin Robinson back and better than ever, it would be something if anyone gave ECS a run for their money in 3A-5 this year.

TruthBeTold5

Don't sleep on Mayflower this year!  They are going to be a very athletic team this year and could upset a few folks!  Looking forward to them playing Episcopal this year for it is always an exciting game!

WPWells

ECS should have no trouble here. In fact, I don't expect any 3A team will provide much of a challenge with the exception of Charleston and (possibly) Harding Academy. Hmmmm these three teams seem familiar, like maybe the top 3 in another 3A sport

Hogwild#9

ECS should win this confernce with ease. I feel like this confernce will be down a little bit this year.

jr17

Guys.... mayflower is a very very talented group this year and.expects to make a run at he state title.. Mayflower only graduated 3 seniors that actually got playing.time and have improved tremendously...... Mayflower and episcopal will play close as always for the conference title... but I think Mayflower wins it

neds

Quote from: jr17 on November 01, 2013, 01:12:12 pm
Guys.... mayflower is a very very talented group this year and.expects to make a run at he state title.. Mayflower only graduated 3 seniors that actually got playing.time and have improved tremendously...... Mayflower and episcopal will play close as always for the conference title... but I think Mayflower wins it

I hope U are 21 yrs old

jr17

goindians

i think cause you been drinking

jr17

Haha... we'll see in the season... you guys remember this during district and regional and state

neds

Quote from: jr17 on November 03, 2013, 05:29:40 pm
Haha... we'll see in the season... you guys remember this during district and regional and state

And I will remind U of the post below U made earlier. I predict as the season goes on this will look like a . . . , well not smart post:

'Guys.... mayflower is a very very talented group this year and.expects to make a run at he state title'

jr17

Hogwild#9

Quote from: neds on November 01, 2013, 04:45:11 pm
Quote from: jr17 on November 01, 2013, 01:12:12 pm

I hope U are 21 yrs old
hahahah! Do you think he's been drinking because of all his grammatical mistakes or because he thinks Mayflower will beat ECS. ;D :o

WildcatGrandpa13

I don't disagree that Mayflower is a very talented basketball team, but saying that they will win the state championship...get real son. I can name 5 teams that have a better chance at the state title than Mayflower. They will be a great conference runner-up though...nothing wrong with silver

jr17

Not disagreeing... and I said they would make a run in state... as in win a couple.of.games in the state tournament... not WIN state...

CoachKk

I can name 10 teams that have a better chance of winning a state title than Mayflower. BHG will come in second and Mayflower in 3rd.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: CoachKk on November 06, 2013, 08:37:52 am
I can name 10 teams that have a better chance of winning a state title than Mayflower. BHG will come in second and Mayflower in 3rd.
Easy there Coach. I don't know if BHG will be able to beat Mayflower this year. I'll take Mayflower as my 2nd in 3A-5 this year

CoachKk

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: CoachKk on November 07, 2013, 09:53:44 am
It could go either way.
Very true. If BHG's big man improved his post moves and scoring abilities, BHG could beat out Mayflower for runner-up

Sportsfan302

Rank the girls in 3a-5 please

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: Sportsfan302 on November 10, 2013, 06:58:01 pm
Rank the girls in 3a-5 please
The initial list isn't a rank, it's just a listing of all the teams in 3A-5.

Sportsfan302

soooo....does that mean someone on here can't rank the girls like a requested?

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: Sportsfan302 on November 11, 2013, 09:57:44 am
soooo....does that mean someone on here can't rank the girls like a requested?
I know more about underwater basket weaving than I do about girls basketball. I can tell you that eStem girls will win 3A-5 though

PASS

Grandpa I am assuming you didn't know that E-Stem lost their big post player to NLR. I would also assume that you didn't know the Jessieville got a talented 6'1" post player that transferred in.
I will agree that McWilliams & Hays from E-Stem are the best guards in league, but they don't go very deep.
I also think Perryville will be a player. I would call it a 3 way toss up.

Sportsfan302

Thanks for the information.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: PASS on November 11, 2013, 05:25:04 pm
Grandpa I am assuming you didn't know that E-Stem lost their big post player to NLR. I would also assume that you didn't know the Jessieville got a talented 6'1" post player that transferred in.
I will agree that McWilliams & Hays from E-Stem are the best guards in league, but they don't go very deep.
I also think Perryville will be a player. I would call it a 3 way toss up.
No Pass I did not know any of that haha. Thanks for the info. I just remember the dynamic guard from eStem, she is fun to watch!

flcobrafan

Fountain Lake played a benefit game thhe other night against 5As Greenbrier. Greenbrier was very talented and Fountain Lake was playing without their football players. Greenbrier won by 2 in overtime. May have just been luck but FL looked great

neds

The only reason I am a bit surprised by the FL success is due to the fact they lost their coach. He was always capable of working with what he had to make a game close or win. I know nothing about the new coach, but he must have those same abilities.
FL always 'plays up'

Dr_Angel

This is clearly ECS's conference to lose this year. With BHG's talent, they should take silver. I know Jville graduated a great group of seniors. Mayflower graduated big #24. What is Perryville looking like this year? They played ECS very well in Perryville last year.

CoachKk

Does Greenbrier have a lot of players playing football?

jr17

CoachKk

Has Fountain Lake added anybody?

jr17

Mayflowers first game tonight against bigelow.... ready for some basketball!!!!

jr17

Mayflower blows out bigelow... don't have many stats other than the shooter from mayflower was 5/7 from deep... mayflower looked rusty, as is expected after only two days of.practice..

Eagle20

Greenbrier has a lot coming from football

CoachKk

jr17

Left early.. not sure of final... just know it was scrub time when I left

CoachKk

Mayflower starting off the year right!

jr17

Looked like it!!! Hope its a good indicator for the rest of the season!

HorseFeathers

Do any of ya'll have the standings for this conference so far? I know it's still early, but I'm working to get my records thread caught up. Thanks

jr17

No idea other than mayflowers 1-0

CoachKk

I saw on twitter this morning that e-stem lost to Starr City.

PASS

E-Stem girls lost by 3 ( I think ) to Star City. Very competitive game. Star City is a top 10 4A team. McWilliams & Hayes are both really nice guards for E-Stem. McWilliams signed with UCA & Hayes will play in college too. They need some help after that. They need a consistent 3rd scoring threat to contend at the state level.

Sportsfan302

I noticed ESTEM played Heber Springs a few nights ago and Heber won....any details on that game?

jr17

Mayflowers got bald knob in their first home game tonight!!

Sportsfan302

Mayflower girls won but now sure about the boys, any news on the boys game?

jr17

Mayflowers boys handled bald knob by 30+... another game I didn't stay to the end for

Hogwild#9

When is Mayflower's first real test? I haven't seen a schedule yet...

jr17

Mayflowers first real test is tonight against vilonia! Very ready to see how mayflower will handle some real competition!! Any thoughts on vilonia?

CoachKk

Should be an interesting game. This game at Mayflower?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas