• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sylvan Hills

Started by Vteagle, June 19, 2014, 07:58:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vteagle

Anyone heard about Sylvan Hills going turf? It is happening! Amazing that PCSSD came up with the $$$!

Titan Spirit

Private funding from what I understand.

UncleRico

That's awesome. They needed it! Wonder if Joe T. and Mills will be next. I doubt they drop a dime in Jacksonville, since there out the door.

Hoghead

Congrats to Sylvan Hills !

blue4hire

Very little district money is involved. The vast majority was raised privately. Dirt work started this week.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: UncleRico on June 19, 2014, 02:32:22 pm
That's awesome. They needed it! Wonder if Joe T. and Mills will be next. I doubt they drop a dime in Jacksonville, since there out the door.

I know it's been posted that this has been funded privately. But what's the odds Sylvan Hills is the next spin off school district from the PCSSD? Thought I seen that possiblity being talked about somewhere..

Vteagle

Sylvan Hills moving out of PCSSD has been talked about for some time! No way it could be anytime soon, look how long it has taken Jax! Additionally, maybe this is PCSSD throwing the good folks of Sherrwood a bone so that they will not splinter off!

blue4hire

Sherwood has an education commission/committee that is in the process of laying the ground work for forming a district.....financial studies, racial make-up studies, community support, etc... The main problem is the deseg court order that states that other than Jax, no other district can be created until the PCSSD is declared unitary.

Vteagle

Very good info blue4hire! I do scincerely hope SHHS/Sherwood, one day, gets their own district! Sounds like it will take some time though! In the meantime, lets hear it for a new "gridiron" and track for SHHS! That field, easily, could have been voted the worst field in the Little Rock area!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: blue4hire on June 20, 2014, 09:20:31 am
Sherwood has an education commission/committee that is in the process of laying the ground work for forming a district.....financial studies, racial make-up studies, community support, etc... The main problem is the deseg court order that states that other than Jax, no other district can be created until the PCSSD is declared unitary.

Maumelle wants out on their own along with Jacksonville and North Pulaski too so it's only a matter of time. I've Heard that Jacksonville and North Pulaski are looking at merging into one school district when they are released from the PCSSD.

Vteagle

As stated on other threads, imagine what a Jax/North Pul would do to classification?  Not just in football either!!  That is a decent sized school district, football team would be solid!!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: Vteagle on June 21, 2014, 07:32:58 pm
As stated on other threads, imagine what a Jax/North Pul would do to classification?  Not just in football either!!  That is a decent sized school district, football team would be solid!!!!

I believe the 2 districts merged would be a 6A school which would push either Greenwood or Alma back down to 5A and move Monticello back up from 4A to 5A.

Coach Mac D

Not all north pulaski students will go into the New Jacksonville/North Pulaski school District. Some of the students will be going to Sylvan hills and sherwood schools. I believe the line is hwy 107. Not certain but i think one side goes to jacksonville and other side sylvan hills. Like I said not certain. It will take some time for it to settle but I think it will increase the numbers for both SHHS & JHS.

Razorhummer

I was wondering if they were going to turf. My niece plays softball and they just had a big tournament down there at the Sherwood Sports Complex this past weekend and noticed the football field was dirt.

PWDad

Anybody know how they did last night in the scrimmage game? How are they looking this year? Strengths / weakness?

Rayburn

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas