• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

quarterback coming back to wynne

Started by stinger1, February 18, 2014, 01:57:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stinger1

wynne will be tough this year with trail coming back and morris going back to reciever

Uncle Ivan

Depends on if there's been any improvement since his soph year.

There's definitely room for it - there's a huge difference between combine workouts and game time.

FD4

UI, check out his highlights from OB. The kid has got the stuff to get it done.  Like one guy said, "Kids got swag".  We have another QB that is just as good, will compete for the starting job as well.  Most of all, a returning 3000 yard RB along with 22 seniors.  Not that I believe we are the team to beat, but no matter who you are in 5A, a team is what your gonna have to beat when the "Swarm" shows up.  We're not the same team as last season, not by any means.

FD4

One other tid bit.  I believe I heard the Super on the radio this morning talking about turf at Yellowjacket stadium.  I think.  I also heard one of the morning talk show hosts make the statement about turf cleats, 2+2=4, I sure hope we get some truf to play on.  Heck, I would like to see a brand new stadium.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: FD4 on February 18, 2014, 04:59:04 pm
UI, check out his highlights from OB. The kid has got the stuff to get it done. 

Only played what, two games?  Lot of rust there.

Mr_Deb

FD4

I believe he played the entire season, the final findings were, he was not elegable, the Head Coach was fired.  Dont know if that had anything to do with that.  But, even if he did play only two games.  This guy is for real, knows the game, knows our coach's game, can run, throw, and lead.  Has got a lot of talent to support his type of play.  Should be fun to watch.

ricepig

I'm guessing they won't need to purchase a home??

C-Mac 73

Quote from: stinger1 on February 18, 2014, 01:57:38 pm
wynne will be tough this year with trail coming back and morris going back to reciever
Player Alert

stinger1

i seen on another website that trail has opened his recruiting back up. maybe we will get some other schools in this area and some other kids will get spotted that otherwise might have gotten overlooked. always a positive to see college coaches visiting. maybe will start to look like 27traps prime years.

FD4

Jackets have averaged 10 wins over the last three seasons with one district championship off of a 10/0 season.  The guys have only lost to champonship teams or those that made a deep run.  Greenwood, Batesville, Marion, Hope and so forth.  Just look it up.  Looks to me like we are as good as you can get.  Now if you add in some RB's like DC had in his last 7 seasons here, man, what an offense.

wynneaholic©

As far as I know, trail played the full season for OB.  I get so ticked at folks shooting darts at this kid, and yes he is just that a KID!!  If you as a parent don't want the very best for your children then you don't need to have kids. unfortunately things did not turn out as planned with the transfer to OB but his parents were trying to give him a better opportunity.  I will never look down on someone trying to do the best for their kid, even if it doesn't work out.  Folks with morris going back to receiver and trail having a much better sense of the field from when he was here as a sophomore, that will be a deadly combination.  Not to forget a backfield that rivals warren/Williams from back in the day!!  It's great to be a Yellowjacket!!!!

Hoghead

The 5A State Title runs through Wynne.....book It !

walkingguy72396

Wynne should be excited about the shot they have of a 5A Title run.  It is no shoe-in by any means.  I use the 1999 team as an example.

Hoghead

PA, CFHS, Hope, WC, Morrilton and Batesville will be the hurdles Wynne must jump in its quest.

helmethair

Quote from: FD4 on February 18, 2014, 04:59:04 pm
UI, check out his highlights from OB. The kid has got the stuff to get it done.  Like one guy said, "Kids got swag".  We have another QB that is just as good, will compete for the starting job as well.  Most of all, a returning 3000 yard RB along with 22 seniors.  Not that I believe we are the team to beat, but no matter who you are in 5A, a team is what your gonna have to beat when the "Swarm" shows up.  We're not the same team as last season, not by any means.
SWAG, LOL what a joke of a term.  Screw Swag

FD4

From 99 to 06, Wynne should have recorded 5 straight state titles.  That came from the General himself.  But, like another great coach I know told me last season, "you can prepair and make your game look good on paper, but in the end your guys are the ones that have to execute".  Williams had 2400 yards at the end of his senior year, that was without two games he did not get to play in.  Now, back to swag, if you have it and can back it up, and Trail can, it works.  Having said that, with CH at the helm, you focus swag into team ball, and that my friend is what is going to whip up a championship team out of Wynne this season.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Hoghead on March 15, 2014, 01:19:33 am
The 5A State Title runs through Wynne.....book It !
In the last 7 years, they've only beaten Batesville twice.  When they start beating Batesville regularly, or at least lasting longer in the playoffs, the road will run through them.  Right now if it runs through anyone in the East, it's the Pioneers.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Lionheart88 on March 25, 2014, 05:52:53 pm

In the last 7 years, they've only beaten Batesville twice.  When they start beating Batesville regularly, or at least lasting longer in the playoffs, the road will run through them.  Right now if it runs through anyone in the East, it's the Pioneers.

Cute how you only count back to seven - all time record, Wynne still owns Batesville.

This is a program with a grand total of one state title and a well-cemented reputation as the Buffalo Bills of 5A.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 27, 2014, 11:04:48 pm

Cute how you only count back to seven - all time record, Wynne still owns Batesville.

This is a program with a grand total of one state title and a well-cemented reputation as the Buffalo Bills of 5A.
I'm not talking about 1970.  I'm not even talking about 2000.  I'm responding to Hoghead saying that the title runs through Wynne (note: "runs" not "ran", implying he means now).  In the past few years, Wynne's been getting the short end of that stick.  Go back as far as FF keeps records, and Wynne's under .500 vs. Batesville (6-7 since 2001)  Hard to say the title goes through your town when the other guy's been more successful head to head and overall in recent years.  Sure, they ain't got a lot of silverware to show for it, but it's hard to deride someone else for losing the last 3 title games when you haven't gotten there in a decade.

justalionfan

Quote from: Lionheart88 on March 27, 2014, 11:30:10 pm

I'm not talking about 1970.  I'm not even talking about 2000.  I'm responding to Hoghead saying that the title runs through Wynne (note: "runs" not "ran", implying he means now).  In the past few years, Wynne's been getting the short end of that stick.  Go back as far as FF keeps records, and Wynne's under .500 vs. Batesville (6-7 since 2001)  Hard to say the title goes through your town when the other guy's been more successful head to head and overall in recent years.  Sure, they ain't got a lot of silverware to show for it, but it's hard to deride someone else for losing the last 3 title games when you haven't gotten there in a decade.

Should had been 7-6 if we would had just took a knee (2010)

Uncle Ivan

Which continues to prove my point with the "football only started ten years ago" crowd.

Lionheart88

I don't know anything about the 5A East previous to FF's records, because outside of a few playoff games I've never been around 5A East fotball.  I know quite a bit more about schools in Jefferson County, since I actually, y'know, live here and grew up around alums who were on the D-Way state title teams of the last 80s-early 90s, or played with Shabazz at PBHS and so on.  But I don't see that it matters, since, as I said, HH was clearly talking about the present.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Lionheart88 on March 28, 2014, 04:56:34 pm
HH was clearly talking about the present.

In that case, the 2012 game was a return to normalcy.

Hoghead

Quote from: justajacketfan on March 28, 2014, 02:57:14 pm

Pretty much sealed Shemperts doom at Wynne by not taking that knee against Batesville.

justalionfan

Quote from: Hoghead on March 28, 2014, 06:19:01 pm
Quote from: justajacketfan on March 28, 2014, 02:57:14 pm

Pretty much sealed Shemperts doom at Wynne by not taking that knee against Batesville.
Well Mallett made the decision to run it and Shempert took all the heat. But you can't live in the past.

C-Mac 73

justalionfan

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on April 11, 2014, 12:59:08 am
Ahh... 2010. Good times.
The only thing i can say about that game is "AND THERE AINT NO FLAGS!!!!!"

The_Pioneer

Well Mallett made the decision to run it and Shempert took all the heat. But you can't live in the past.

Sure ya can. UI does it all the time.  You know, when Wynne was good.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: The_Pioneer on April 19, 2014, 05:35:07 am

Sure ya can.

Which is still more recent than Batesville's lone trophy.

The_Pioneer

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: The_Pioneer on May 16, 2014, 06:49:25 pm
Awww, nice try. 

Couldn't have been too bad if it ended a discussion for nearly a month.

The_Pioneer

FF just got back on my bookmarks.  This place is unbearable in the offseason.

Uncle Ivan

Lions84

MarionBlueDevil

What's the deal with Trevor Pagan, the kid that moved to Wynne and played at West Memphis Christian last year?

He always seemed like an ill fit at Wynne because he's not as mobile as the quarterbacks that are usually employed there and with Trail's return then that can't be a good sign.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on February 19, 2014, 07:19:35 pm
Quote from: stinger1 on February 18, 2014, 01:57:38 pm
Player Alert

HAHAHA, good radar

MoTownDog

Seems like every preseason there's a lot of hype about how good Wynne is going to be.  They have this player and that player and then when it comes down to getting out of the easy eastern conference they come up short.  Always seem to have half the team hurt or something.

walkingguy72396

If the Jackets are not a top 5 pick for the upcoming season.  There must be 5 of the best football teams ever taking the field next season.

RamFan06

Saw Wynne play 3 or 4 times this weekend in the Shootout and I will say they were impressive. Probably the #3 team at the tournament behind PA and F-Ville. I know that 7on7 is not a true test of a teams abilities, but the QB looked solid. Not all he is being hyped to be, and not what I was expecting when I was told he has committed to Cincinnati, but he is definitely good. The biggest thing I noticed was how physically impressive most of the Wynne players were. They look like they spend ever spare minute in the weight room.

chaingang

Quote from: RamFan06 on June 23, 2014, 11:54:45 am
Saw Wynne play 3 or 4 times this weekend in the Shootout and I will say they were impressive. Probably the #3 team at the tournament behind PA and F-Ville. I know that 7on7 is not a true test of a teams abilities, but the QB looked solid. Not all he is being hyped to be, and not what I was expecting when I was told he has committed to Cincinnati, but he is definitely good. The biggest thing I noticed was how physically impressive most of the Wynne players were. They look like they spend ever spare minute in the weight room.
I think they won the overall weightlifting this year.....i may be wrong but i know i heard that....About the QB Trail.....he runs the ball just as good as good as he throws it IMO.....he has great downfield vision and is pretty fast.....and i know 7on7 doesn't show that.

RamFan06

Quote from: chaingang on June 23, 2014, 12:17:14 pm
I think they won the overall weightlifting this year.....i may be wrong but i know i heard that....About the QB Trail.....he runs the ball just as good as good as he throws it IMO.....he has great downfield vision and is pretty fast.....and i know 7on7 doesn't show that.

The only real critiques I had were, he needs to put a little more zip on his throws at times and there were times he waited to long to get rid of the ball. He looks like he has all the tools though, he should be a good one.

Anyone know why he moved back from Mississippi?

Hoghead

If Wynne doesn't win the 5A Title this year its a disgrace. They're a solid bunch. No Greenwood or Alma to worry about. Only one game to play in the 5A Easy East and Wynne shouldn't have a tough game until round two of the playoffs.

ricepig

Quote from: RamFan06 on June 23, 2014, 01:54:24 pm

The only real critiques I had were, he needs to put a little more zip on his throws at times and there were times he waited to long to get rid of the ball. He looks like he has all the tools though, he should be a good one.

Anyone know why he moved back from Mississippi?

Mostly because he never really moved?? His HC was fired at OB, so maybe that played in....

Hoghead

Isn't Trail from Forrest City originally ?  Did $hiloh Non Christian approve of this transfer ?

Lionheart88

How many teams actually go to the weighlifting thing?  A couple of dozen across all classifications?

chaingang

Quote from: Lionheart88 on June 23, 2014, 06:24:16 pm
How many teams actually go to the weighlifting thing?  A couple of dozen across all classifications?
I don't know ......i would guess some schools have no weightlifting or few if any workouts with weights...... but the guy was impressed on how Wynne was physically fit.......and if i had to guess they have as many teams in the weightlifting competition as are in wrestling state wide.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: MoTownDog on June 22, 2014, 10:30:12 pm
Seems like every preseason there's a lot of hype about how good Wynne is going to be.  They have this player and that player and then when it comes down to getting out of the easy eastern conference they come up short.  Always seem to have half the team hurt or something.

That describes Morrilton extremely well.

Hoghead

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on March 15, 2014, 12:07:36 pm
Wynne should be excited about the shot they have of a 5A Title run.  It is no shoe-in by any means.  I use the 1999 team as an example.

The 2000 team should serve as a example as well. They had a wealth of talent that year. Lost to Hope 17-14 in OT in the semifinals. That loss in Wynne still haunts Wynne on what should've been a championship team. A lot of tears were shed that night. "Here's the snap, the hold and Bautista's kick is GOOOD ! The Bobcats have come to Wynne and shocked the Yellowjackets and the Arkansas 4A football world !-Bubba Powers KXAR 1490AM with the play by play.

tmycjy

Quote from: Hoghead on June 24, 2014, 05:40:44 pm
Quote from: walkingguy72396 on March 15, 2014, 12:07:36 pm

The 2000 team should serve as a example as well. They had a wealth of talent that year. Lost to Hope 17-14 in OT in the semifinals. That loss in Wynne still haunts Wynne on what should've been a championship team. A lot of tears were shed that night. "Here's the snap, the hold and Bautista's kick is GOOOD ! The Bobcats have come to Wynne and shocked the Yellowjackets and the Arkansas 4A football world !-Bubba Powers KXAR 1490AM with the play by play.

hey I reamber that night I still think if it would have not rain we kill hope that night in my openion but im not takeing anything away from the hope team that year they were one of the best defense team we saw that year

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas