• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview

Started by wing, February 13, 2014, 02:43:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wing

With all the talk about Wynne's Open dates, I didn't realize CF is not playing Warren in week 3 this year. Does CF still have an open date?

Hoghead

Fill it with Arkadelphia, Texarkana or dare I say Nashville.......

zebrafan

I think Dollarway plays CF in week 3 next year.

Hoghead

Quote from: zebrafan on March 30, 2014, 08:06:46 pm

That would be a good one !

FD4

Wynne got its dates filled.  Would like to see CF and W play each other though.  I think the best way to do that is just meet in the playoffs.  Like Dollarway, CF always brings their best against Wynne.  I think we have played Dollarway 3 times and have yet to win against them.  We did tie the last time we played, and of course CF put up a good game against us a couple years ago too.

Hoghead

I'm sure PB Dollarways wins were all flukes over Wynne......including the tie.

Uncle Ivan

The most exciting thing about the '05 tie was the brawl that occurred in the first half in the south end of the stadium.  They were throwing nothing but haymakers.

Drive all the way from PB to Wynne only to get arrested.  Makes sense, doesn't it.

AirWarren

Sounds about like Harrisburg for Warren in 2005. Bunch of emimen, White trash wannabes from Harrisburg getting arrested behind the visitor bleachers for drugs.

Hoghead

Speaking of fights. Didnt Lakeside/Eudora have a massive fight after a playoff game ?  I mean Lake Village and Eudora had consolidated. Yet the old Chicot County rivals fought each other after the game which they played togather......crazy !!!!! 

Lafayette County has combined Stamps and Lewisville. The 5 miles of hate between those two still exist under one flag now.

AirWarren

Lake Village and Eudora is a disaster anyways.

wing

Quote from: Hoghead on March 31, 2014, 12:36:35 am

I'll go with the Cardinals in a close one.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: wing on April 05, 2014, 10:00:10 am

But what about $way and CF in a postgame brawl?  CF would have more players, but...

Lionheart88

Nah, I think the Cardinals will win it pretty easily.

wing

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 05, 2014, 05:41:58 pm

But what about $way and CF in a postgame brawl?  CF would have more players, but...

Well at least we wouldn't have to worry about the brawl tearing apart the stadium. Friday's storm pretty much took care of that. That would be a good brawl though.

Lionheart88

I wouldn't chance it.  I've got a buddy who swears he was stabbed with a knife on the bottom of a pile in a Dollarway-White Hall game back in the 80s.  Got a pretty convincing scar too.  Them boys don't play around.

Hoghead

I remember a few teams back in the day that played tough in pile ups and after the whistle. Camden High was good for punching after the play. Arkadelphia was some leg whipping bums up front. Ashdown liked to poke and eye gouge...Prescott was the dirtiest ! They'd bite, spit, kick and talk smack. Then try to rock your bus win or lose. Hope wasn't guilt free. We used to like to hold a player up so more players could hit him ! Darn near killed RB Eddie White from Camden High one night. Stood him up at the two and lit him up so bad he fumbled !!!!

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: wing on April 07, 2014, 12:58:08 pm

Well at least we wouldn't have to worry about the brawl tearing apart the stadium. Friday's storm pretty much took care of that. That would be a good brawl though.

Ouch. 

Quote from: Hoghead on April 07, 2014, 03:42:23 pm
I remember a few teams back in the day that played tough in pile ups and after the whistle. Camden High was good for punching after the play. Arkadelphia was some leg whipping bums up front. Ashdown liked to poke and eye gouge...Prescott was the dirtiest ! They'd bite, spit, kick and talk smack. Then try to rock your bus win or lose. Hope wasn't guilt free. We used to like to hold a player up so more players could hit him ! Darn near killed RB Eddie White from Camden High one night. Stood him up at the two and lit him up so bad he fumbled !!!!

Searcy about fifteen years ago was notorious for crotch-grabbing, pinching, etc.

Big Fan

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 07, 2014, 01:38:19 pm
I wouldn't chance it.  I've got a buddy who swears he was stabbed with a knife on the bottom of a pile in a Dollarway-White Hall game back in the 80s.  Got a pretty convincing scar too.  Them boys don't play around.
Back in the late 70's they use to tape the old coke bottle tops (I know I just lost 80% of my audience)  to the palms of their hands and "rake" you in the pile. 

Hoghead

In Ashdown that Paper Mill has you in tears from the smell. Then in the pile they put their whole hand inside your facemask ! While you get lost on the next play from being blind you hear the PA guy scream.... Touchdown Panthers !!! Alan Pickett to Anthony Gulley for the 85 yard TD pass ! You're madder than a Vampire in Church !!!!

loyal fan

What does camden have returning next fall?

wing

Quote from: loyal fan on April 08, 2014, 08:09:22 am
What does camden have returning next fall?

I think we will be in the middle of things again for 5A South title. Got to replace a 24-2 starting QB and an all purpose back that played RB/WR/PR as well as some key lineman. I guess we're no different than everyone else. Oh, and since the goal post are now leaning toward the east, due to the storm, we may make a few EP's this year. ;)

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: wing on April 08, 2014, 10:11:56 am
Oh, and since the goal post are now leaning toward the east, due to the storm, we may make a few EP's this year. ;)

How's the kicker recruitment project going?

Hoghead

The FG guy never came on the Field against Hope. It helped cost CF the game. They got stopped on 4th and short 4 times in Bobcat territory.

Lionheart88

What those folks need is a soccer program.  Then they'd have more kickers than they knew what to do with.

wing

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 08, 2014, 09:45:54 pm
What those folks need is a soccer program.  Then they'd have more kickers than they knew what to do with.

Driving back from Hope and Batesville, I was all for it! Surely to goodness we can find someone that can make 2 of 4. Afraid we gonna need every EP we can get this year.

Youngsta71701

I agree, our soccer program stops with the boys and girls club.

browning_gold_12

Still unsure of what actually went down with the kicker. He was ruled ineligible for football season, and I swear I saw him on the bump the other night during a baseball game....

AirWarren

Warren coaching has found some studs in the kicking game with emergence of our soccer program. Our PK hit a 40 yard FG against arkie this year. Unheard of in warren.

Hoghead

Hope has had numerous soccer guys who were good FG kickers !  " We are in overtime here in Wynne. Here's the snap, the hold is down......Juan Buatista's kick is good ! Its good, its good !!!!!! Hope 17  Wynne 14 Final ! Still the biggest kick in Bobcat history . Circa 2000 4A playoffs

Big Fan

Heard Buck was headed to LRC as an assistant coach.  Admin finally succeeding at running him off I see.

RamFan06

Quote from: Big Fan on April 17, 2014, 11:48:38 am
Heard Buck was headed to LRC as an assistant coach.  Admin finally succeeding at running him off I see.

I was told he wants his kids to go to LRC. I am sure it is a lot cheaper if you are faculty.

Hoghead

Stop it ! Buck isnt leaving as the Czar of the Cardinals !

ricepig

Quote from: Hoghead on April 17, 2014, 11:56:37 am

Stop it ! Buck isnt leaving as the Czar of the Cardinals !

Ok, he's just leaving then.

Hoghead

Dang ! What has went wrong at CFHS ? Shocking !""

SouthpawSensation

If Camden Fairview is still needing a Week 3 opponent, I hear Rogers Heritage is still looking for an opponent for that date.

minerjack

I heard down the line he left to become the principal. Plus, an assistant coach.

Big Fan

Quote from: minerjack2212 on April 17, 2014, 09:43:06 pm
I heard down the line he left to become the principal. Plus, an assistant coach.
wrong

GuvHog

Quote from: Big Fan on April 17, 2014, 11:59:18 pm
Quote from: minerjack2212 on April 17, 2014, 09:43:06 pm
wrong

From what I have heard the reason was a disagreeable Administration at CF and more money at LRC.

loyal fan

My $ is on the current OC. Hooks

crmorrow24

Quote from: Hoghead on April 07, 2014, 03:42:23 pm
Prescott would do that to you when they were up 40 on you too. 

spongebob

Quote from: loyal fan on April 21, 2014, 08:58:11 am
My $ is on the current OC. Hooks

Not likely. I think he's leaving too

Hoghead

Dang ! The OC has left the Cardinal bird cage as well ? Rome is burning !

Big Fan

Quote from: Hoghead on April 21, 2014, 06:43:31 pmRome is burning !
No, that's just the remnants of your 420. 

RamFan06

Quote from: Hoghead on April 21, 2014, 06:43:31 pm
Dang ! The OC has left the Cardinal bird cage as well ? Rome is burning !

LB coach also.

Uncle Ivan

spongebob

April 22, 2014, 10:18:09 am #45 Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:21:59 am by spongebob
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 22, 2014, 10:12:27 am
Why the exodus?

In my opinion, administration running them off. Plus the fact that coaches are tired of working for imbeciles.

Big Fan

spongebob

Quote from: Big Fan on April 22, 2014, 11:03:41 am
Why the exodus?
Micro-managing AD

Definition: micromanagement is a management style whereby a manager closely observes or controls the work of subordinates or employees. Micromanagement generally has a negative connotation.

Yep that pretty much sums it up!
Plus you forgot to add Ignorant Micromanaging AD

Youngsta71701

Quote from: spongebob on April 22, 2014, 01:55:44 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on April 22, 2014, 11:03:41 am
Why the exodus?
Micro-managing AD

Definition: micromanagement is a management style whereby a manager closely observes or controls the work of subordinates or employees. Micromanagement generally has a negative connotation.

Yep that pretty much sums it up!
Plus you forgot to add Ignorant Micromanaging AD

Play nice! lol

wing

I heard a rumor that there is a rumor that the next CF HC could come from the college ranks. Now this info is coming from a very unreliable source so this why I do not hesitate to share this insider info with my fellow 5A fans.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas