• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorites For 2014?

Started by Youngsta71701, December 18, 2013, 01:29:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FD4

Hmm, sounds like the post/pre season has got a lot of scuttle butt already.  Wynne is going to be a tough nut to crack.  22 seniors comming back, like was said, if they all come out.  But, the real kicker is this, Wynne could have a talented QB moving into the school district for the 14 season, in fact, two QB's one of which is already reported as for sure, the other, a likely and if that likely occurs, talk about a gun slinger.  We'll see.

MDXPHD

I guess if you force two to move out you have to bring in a couple more huh?

FD4

Could be, but I dont think anyone forced those two guys to move.  Like the coach said, nobody ever complained about rotating RB's, OL's, DL's, DB's, just compliants about the QB's.  Well, our guy he had running the 13 season did really good, as good as you could expect.  It's just that the #2 and #3 guys were not as good as needed in a clutch situation like against Hope.  But, people move all the time, for various reasons.  Both of the guys that moved did really good where they went.  Hopefully, we enter into the 14 season with two really good QB's.  We already have one that is tested from this past season, and one of the best RB's in the state.  Like I said, we'll see.

Absolut

Lionheart you expect WH to finish 2nd in conference? The same WH who got their butts handed to them by lowly LR Mills in the first round. Wh will be weak as usual and play WC like it's the superbowl. Maybe it wh put some stock in the other games they could be something, but they won't and they'll continue to be a bunch of never-was.

Lionheart88

Never-was that's beat Chapel three straight, what's that make y'all? I don't recall y'all making it past the first round in the past couple years either.

I think that if Hope has enough talent graduate it's possible.  Who else is going to beat us, Magnolia?  Hot Springs?

ArkieBadgerPlayer

Word around wynne is trail is coming back.

justalionfan

Quote from: ArkieBadgerPlayer on January 30, 2014, 09:32:04 am
Word around wynne is trail is coming back.
Not word but FACT!!!!! As of today he is officially in the School System!!!!

Blazer51

Quote from: Go Postal on December 23, 2013, 11:10:48 pm
Speaking on the East Conference, will Valley View bring any talent to the East in football?  I haven't looked on the 4A threads yet to see how they did this year.  I do know that their boys team won the 4A State Championship this last season in soccer, maybe due to four time champs 4A South De Queen moved up to 5A last season (great team BTW in that sport), but was wondering about them in football for next season.

Check that.  I just looked on the 4A.  Not sure how regionals work, but it looks like that they had...
For conference (regionals?):
6 wins, 1 losses, 289 PF, 70 PA.
and for season:
12 wins, 2 losses, 514 PF, 181 PA.

So I'm still stumped.  Will they be able to be a plus for the East with Batesville and Wynne?

Yes most years they will be able p play with Wynne and Baitsville. Next year? Most likely no. They just lost 17 seniors which most of whom started. Vv has played win for I think the past 4 years and won the first, we got beat decently the second, and the third and fourth were very close games.

Hoghead

Quote from: Lionheart88 on January 15, 2014, 08:34:16 pm
Never-was that's beat Chapel three straight, what's that make y'all? I don't recall y'all making it past the first round in the past couple years either.

I think that if Hope has enough talent graduate it's possible.  Who else is going to beat us, Magnolia?  Hot Springs?
Hope loses 16 seniors...BUT THE BOBCATS have talent in the wings. WH comes to Hope this year. Hope will be in the 5A South Title Hunt for 2014.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Blazer51 on February 02, 2014, 02:06:13 am
Quote from: Go Postal on December 23, 2013, 11:10:48 pm
Speaking on the East Conference, will Valley View bring any talent to the East in football?  I haven't looked on the 4A threads yet to see how they did this year.  I do know that their boys team won the 4A State Championship this last season in soccer, maybe due to four time champs 4A South De Queen moved up to 5A last season (great team BTW in that sport), but was wondering about them in football for next season.

Check that.  I just looked on the 4A.  Not sure how regionals work, but it looks like that they had...
For conference (regionals?):
6 wins, 1 losses, 289 PF, 70 PA.
and for season:
12 wins, 2 losses, 514 PF, 181 PA.

So I'm still stumped.  Will they be able to be a plus for the East with Batesville and Wynne?

Yes most years they will be able p play with Wynne and Baitsville. Next year? Most likely no. They just lost 17 seniors which most of whom started. Vv has played win for I think the past 4 years and won the first, we got beat decently the second, and the third and fourth were very close games.

VV is not even close to being able to play with Wynne and Batesville.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Blazer51 on February 02, 2014, 02:06:13 am
Vv has played win for I think the past 4 years and won the first, we got beat decently the second, and the third and fourth were very close games.

Those were scrimmages, which don't count unless you're Shiloh.

ricefarmer

probably been a good gm this past season.  VV was pretty good from what I read.

Devil Dog 17

I think the Dogs will be down next year.  They lost so many talanted seniors, and thats really gonna hurt.  I do think they can make another run in 2015, but I think they will be a 3 or 4 seed in the west next year.  Im really not sure who to pick to win the conference.  Any thoughts?

Bluepanther86

Greenbrier returns the whole team except 5 players... Gonna be a good year from what ive been hearing we'll see. 24 seniors on this 14' team, alot of talent and growth aswell. Most of all these players played this past year, so alot of experience and speed and strength coming back. I'm gonna say these guys will be tough next year.

The Future

Quote from: Bluepanther86 on February 07, 2014, 06:53:17 pm
Greenbrier returns the whole team except 5 players... Gonna be a good year from what ive been hearing we'll see. 24 seniors on this 14' team, alot of talent and growth aswell. Most of all these players played this past year, so alot of experience and speed and strength coming back. I'm gonna say these guys will be tough next year.

This season will be very unpredictable in the West. While its true it lost its Top 5A conference title to the South, The West will still have its share of upsets and surprises. Morrilton and Greenbrier will battle it for the title. Vilonia and Harrison will fight for the next 2 spots. Clarksville will offer some talent and competition. And newcomers Farmington and LRC could make noise in the playoff hunt.
Wait thats only 7. Who am I missing????

AT

February 08, 2014, 06:08:55 pm #65 Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 09:47:04 pm by Almatrackster
Quote from: The Future on February 08, 2014, 06:02:22 pm
Quote from: Bluepanther86 on February 07, 2014, 06:53:17 pm

This season will be very unpredictable in the West. While its true it lost its Top 5A conference title to the South, The West will still have its share of upsets and surprises. Morrilton and Greenbrier will battle it for the title. Vilonia and Harrison will fight for the next 2 spots. Clarksville will offer some talent and competition. And newcomers Farmington and LRC could make noise in the playoff hunt.
Wait thats only 7. Who am I missing????

Maumelle. The 5A West is more the 5A West-Central plus Harrison

EDIT: Oops I meant to say Maumelle and typed LRC

Hogskin

Maumelle is other new team, Vilonia and Clarksville will be interresting to watch over next few months...their fall will be determined on who they bring in as new coach. Clarksville has athletes to win the conf with the right system. Vilonia could go 0-10 if they hire wrong guy.

Youngsta71701

Fairview is losing 24 seniors. 15 starters, 6 on offense, 9 on defense, and 3 key contributors on defense. We will be young but we have some talented sophomores that will be juniors next year that are ready to carry the torch. Right now my way too early predictions would be:

1. Fairview
2. Hope
3. Watson Chapel
4. White Hall
5. Lakeside
6. Hot Springs
7. Magnolia
8. DeQueen

The Future

Maumelle. Yeah thats it. For some reason I kept thinking it was Beebe.

playmaker04

With trail back and all the jrs and SRS Wynne should be playing in the rock this year.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on February 07, 2014, 11:06:20 am
I think the Dogs will be down next year.  They lost so many talanted seniors, and thats really gonna hurt.  I do think they can make another run in 2015, but I think they will be a 3 or 4 seed in the west next year.  Im really not sure who to pick to win the conference.  Any thoughts?

It is more difficult to sustain than it is to build.

wing

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 10, 2014, 02:35:25 pm

It is more difficult to sustain than it is to build.

I agree UI.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: wing on December 19, 2013, 10:11:48 am
Quote from: Hoghead on December 19, 2013, 09:24:59 am
Wynne has a shot of being very good. They have a lot of young guys coming back.
PA will just reload, they'll find players as always.
Batesville, after 3 year run like they have had I can't see them being any better. They'll be good though.
CFHS, Buck will have the talent, but he's gotta make better decesions.
Hope, will be good again. Better on Offense with the BIG QB coming in. Defense will be decent, but not as salty as this year.
Morrilton will handle the West. Alma rolls out to 6A and the West 2 spot is wide open !

So I go with a very early Top 5 of.....
1. Wynne
2. Morrilton
3. PA
4. Hope
5. Camden Fairview

I think  I heard this was a young PA team so they should return a bunch. I know they will miss that LB that's started for the last 8 years. Still should recruit well. Wynne returns almost everyone including the Soph. QB who may be the next Hawkins. (UI, isn't that correct?) King will have Batesville in the mix. Morrilton should win the west. If CF moves BK back to QB, they will have a running threat at QB. This will be a smaller Fairview team so speed will be needed everywhere. Based on Hoghead's assessment of Hope an no I don't work for Hootens, my top 5 would be:

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Hope
4. Batesville
5. Morrilton/CF

No clue how I missed this one.  8 Year starter....lol!  It definitely seemed like it.  Problem with having a 4 year starting MLB who started 56-57 straight games is..... no one at PA knows what their defense will look like with out Colquitt on the field, it has been that long!

I don't understand people's logic...public schools get a new student who plays football they are called a "move-in", a private school gets a new student who plays football they are called a "recruit".  From what I have seen there are WAY MORE questionable "move-ins" at public schools than there are "recruits" at private schools.

Hoghead

The Trail kid is back at Wynne after being recruited by another school last year...I mean transferred !LOL

AT

I think Greenbrier is the favorite to win the West. I know the champion deserves the respect but if you go back and look, almost every contributor they had was a senior.

They return two young, good linebackers and that's about it. It will be tough to win it again for them.

Uncle Ivan

February 11, 2014, 07:18:46 pm #75 Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:10:19 pm by Uncle Ivan
Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on February 11, 2014, 03:48:30 pm
From what I have seen there are WAY MORE questionable "move-ins" at public schools than there are "recruits" at private schools.

Sure, some transfer policies need to be revised, but how many of them pull kids from other schools after having "agents" affiliated with the private represent them?

Uncle Ivan

February 11, 2014, 07:20:02 pm #76 Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:09:09 pm by Uncle Ivan
Quote from: Hoghead on February 11, 2014, 04:04:54 pm
The Trail kid is back at Wynne after being recruited by another school last year...I mean transferred !LOL

Wynne already has a QB, who did a solid job having never played the position before.

playmaker04

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 11, 2014, 07:20:02 pm

Wynne already has a QB, who did a solid job having never played the position before.
yes he did but he has agreed tomove back to receiver to lead a deep and talented group.

Hoghead

Trail will help a well stacked Wynne team

C-Mac 73

Wynne and Batesville might play twice in 2014.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: playmaker04 on February 12, 2014, 11:36:57 am

yes he did but he has agreed tomove back to receiver to lead a deep and talented group.

To put it bluntly, I'll be glad when a certain set of parents GTFO of that town.

helmethair

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 16, 2014, 08:16:18 pm
Quote from: playmaker04 on February 12, 2014, 11:36:57 am

To put it bluntly, I'll be glad when a certain set of parents GTFO of that town.
why

GuvHog

April 18, 2014, 05:07:05 pm #82 Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:25:19 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 10, 2014, 09:11:48 am
Fairview is losing 24 seniors. 15 starters, 6 on offense, 9 on defense, and 3 key contributors on defense. We will be young but we have some talented sophomores that will be juniors next year that are ready to carry the torch. Right now my way too early predictions would be:

1. Fairview
2. Hope
3. Watson Chapel
4. White Hall
5. Lakeside
6. Hot Springs
7. Magnolia
8. DeQueen

It'll be interesting to say the least because;

(A) CF and WC lost their Head coaches
(B) Hope has to travel to WC and CF but they host WH
(C) WC has to travel to CF and WH but they host Hope.
(D) WH has to travel to Hope but they host WC and CF.
(E) CF has to travel to WH but they Host WC and Hope. 

Lionheart88

Home/away hardly matters in the WH/WC games.  Both teams have turf, and being only 5 miles apart on I-530, they bring practically as many fans to "away" games as home games.  Always a good time.  Moreso these last three years, of course. ;D

Temprees

Quote from: GuvHog on April 18, 2014, 05:07:05 pm

1. Fairview
2. Hope
3. Watson Chapel
4. White Hall
5. Lakeside
6. Hot Springs
7. Magnolia
8. DeQueen

(B) Hope has to travel to WC but they host WH and CF
(E) CF has to travel to WH and Hope but they Host WC. 
Correction:  Hope has to travel to CF.  CF played at Hope in 2013. 

Hoghead

With Buck leaving CFHS how musch will the Cards lose in replacing him ? The 5A South just got wilder. WC, WH, Hope and CF will battle again for the TOP SPOTS. Look for HSLS to be the spoiler. Hot Springs has lost a lot of folks. DeQueen wont be able to stir the pot. Who knows what's happening in Magnolia ?

wing

Quote from: Hoghead on April 18, 2014, 11:47:55 pm
With Buck leaving CFHS how musch will the Cards lose in replacing him ? The 5A South just got wilder. WC, WH, Hope and CF will battle again for the TOP SPOTS. Look for HSLS to be the spoiler. Hot Springs has lost a lot of folks. DeQueen wont be able to stir the pot. Who knows what's happening in Magnolia ?

This year's CF team will definitely not be a power team. I think a coach coming in with a spread attack would do good with the speed we have. Size will eventually catch up with us this year.

GuvHog

Quote from: Temprees on April 18, 2014, 09:00:08 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on April 18, 2014, 05:07:05 pm

1. Fairview
2. Hope
3. Watson Chapel
4. White Hall
5. Lakeside
6. Hot Springs
7. Magnolia
8. DeQueen

(B) Hope has to travel to WC but they host WH and CF
(E) CF has to travel to WH and Hope but they Host WC. 
Correction:  Hope has to travel to CF.  CF played at Hope in 2013. 

Correction made. Thanks for catching that.

CardinalNation71701

Well from an inside source( A coach very close to an assistant here at Fairview) I've heard the young defensive coordinator we have here at CFV will be applying for the Head Job. I was told this from a current players also. I also heard he has turned turned numerous jobs this spring(Nashville, Benton, Parkview) just to stay here. BUT the big kicker is I've heard he has connections to Watson Chapel and some coaches have contacted him about applying for that Head Job opening also. Could get interesting here a CFV.

Temprees

Quote from: CardinalNation71701 on April 20, 2014, 09:20:33 am
Well from an inside source( A coach very close to an assistant here at Fairview) I've heard the young defensive coordinator we have here at CFV will be applying for the Head Job. I was told this from a current players also. I also heard he has turned turned numerous jobs this spring(Nashville, Benton, Parkview) just to stay here. BUT the big kicker is I've heard he has connections to Watson Chapel and some coaches have contacted him about applying for that Head Job opening also. Could get interesting here a CFV.
He is sharp and will make a great head coach. CF will be in great shape if he gets the job. Just hope that the administration will do the right thing.

tmycjy

Quote from: The Future on December 18, 2013, 01:44:52 pm
Morrilton will most likely take the West and be the favorite from the West to win it all.
Camden of course is Camden.
Batesville hoping 4th time is a charm.
Wynne is getting better guys.
We will see if Hope  can repeat the success from this season.
Pulaski Academy I guess has to be in here somewheres.

Hey guy I agree with u on those team I say keep and eye of Forrest city they were 7-3 last year and didn't make the playoff if they would have beat wynne they would have been 2ed place instead of wynne in the playoffs

UncleRico

Quote from: CardinalNation71701 on April 20, 2014, 09:20:33 am

Do you know how old he is? Just curious

CardinalNation71701

luckyduck

Your off on some of this analysis.  Hot Springs Lakeside lost a lot.  Hot Springs has almost everyone back.  Dequeen will be much improved.  Not sure about Magnolia

Lionheart88

Even the Trojan faithful I've spoken to have little faith in them beating the Rams.  One of those things where they're just in the other guy's head.  I've heard more than once statements along the lines of "y know, it just doesn't seem to matter how much of a down year they're having or how good we're doing.  When that Friday rolls around, they find a way to win or we find a way to lose" (this was a Trojan fan I was talking to before the WH @ HSHS game about their prospects of beating Lakeside this past year.  Sure enough, they lost.) Granted, I'm not out conducting surveys in the Spa City all the time or anything, so I'm sure the feeling isn't universal.

MoTownDog

We will do good in the West but will fall short against the better schools in the post season.  2015 may be a different story though!

MoTownDog

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on February 11, 2014, 03:48:30 pm
Quote from: wing on December 19, 2013, 10:11:48 am
Quote from: Hoghead on December 19, 2013, 09:24:59 am
Wynne has a shot of being very good. They have a lot of young guys coming back.
PA will just reload, they'll find players as always.
Batesville, after 3 year run like they have had I can't see them being any better. They'll be good though.
CFHS, Buck will have the talent, but he's gotta make better decesions.
Hope, will be good again. Better on Offense with the BIG QB coming in. Defense will be decent, but not as salty as this year.
Morrilton will handle the West. Alma rolls out to 6A and the West 2 spot is wide open !

So I go with a very early Top 5 of.....
1. Wynne
2. Morrilton
3. PA
4. Hope
5. Camden Fairview

I think  I heard this was a young PA team so they should return a bunch. I know they will miss that LB that's started for the last 8 years. Still should recruit well. Wynne returns almost everyone including the Soph. QB who may be the next Hawkins. (UI, isn't that correct?) King will have Batesville in the mix. Morrilton should win the west. If CF moves BK back to QB, they will have a running threat at QB. This will be a smaller Fairview team so speed will be needed everywhere. Based on Hoghead's assessment of Hope an no I don't work for Hootens, my top 5 would be:

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Hope
4. Batesville
5. Morrilton/CF

No clue how I missed this one.  8 Year starter....lol!  It definitely seemed like it.  Problem with having a 4 year starting MLB who started 56-57 straight games is..... no one at PA knows what their defense will look like with out Colquitt on the field, it has been that long!

I don't understand people's logic...public schools get a new student who plays football they are called a "move-in", a private school gets a new student who plays football they are called a "recruit".  From what I have seen there are WAY MORE questionable "move-ins" at public schools than there are "recruits" at private schools.

Maybe public schools could send home letters to potiential prospects who go to the D1 Gym like PA did! 

GuvHog

Quote from: luckyduck on May 02, 2014, 02:06:24 pm
Your off on some of this analysis.  Hot Springs Lakeside lost a lot.  Hot Springs has almost everyone back.  Dequeen will be much improved.  Not sure about Magnolia

WC has a lot coming back. They will be decent sized across the O front with 3 OL that weigh around 265 Lbs each and they had a QB transfer in from Pine Bluff but I haven't heard much about him.

DogsWin7

Quote from: GuvHog on July 31, 2014, 03:44:14 pm
Quote from: luckyduck on May 02, 2014, 02:06:24 pm

WC has a lot coming back. They will be decent sized across the O front with 3 OL that weigh around 265 Lbs each and they had a QB transfer in from Pine Bluff but I haven't heard much about him.
DeQueen is hoping to be a lot better. 

wynnefootballfan

Of course we all know that The final whistle on Friday night proves everything and that anything can happen when good teams face each other. With that being said, "ON PAPER" Wynne should be in WMS in December. As we all know, the game is not played on paper so we just have to wait and see. A lot can happen in 10 - 13 weeks.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas