• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What to look for in Greenbrier 2014

Started by Bluepanther86, December 12, 2013, 07:46:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluepanther86

The Panthers have returned all but 6 starters... what to look for in this team in 2014. Alot of leadership withing this new up coming senior class, Alot of potential too.

Go Postal

I was going to say about the same about the Golden Goblins.  Should be interesting in 2014.  Even with the cycle changes, Morrilton already has a target on their backs in the West. ;)

beagleman01

Looks like a great freshman class moving up also

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Go Postal on December 12, 2013, 11:38:41 pm
I was going to say about the same about the Golden Goblins.  Should be interesting in 2014.  Even with the cycle changes, Morrilton already has a target on their backs in the West. ;)

For some odd reason, I am afraid to buy stamps.

justalionfan

Wynne 2013 team only had 6 seniors on the team. I think we only had 1 senior starting on offense and 1 on defensive. A couple of the seniors played some as well. Wynne is the team to beat next year in the East.

Hoghead

Quote from: justajacketfan on December 13, 2013, 08:42:58 am
Wynne 2013 team only had 6 seniors on the team. I think we only had 1 senior starting on offense and 1 on defensive. A couple of the seniors played some as well. Wynne is the team to beat next year in the East.

As if GCT, Paragould, Nettleton, FC, and Blythville are going to be worth 4 cents on a nickle. It's gonna be Wynne & Batesville as usual.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Hoghead on December 13, 2013, 09:20:42 am

As if GCT, Paragould, Nettleton, FC, and Blythville are going to be worth 4 cents on a nickle. It's gonna be Wynne & Batesville as usual.

Plus, Valley View will be 3 or 4.  The South will definitely be the best conference for the next few years.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 13, 2013, 09:46:57 am
Quote from: Hoghead on December 13, 2013, 09:20:42 am

Plus, Valley View will be 3 or 4.  The South will definitely be the best conference for the next few years.

Yep, just like this year, almost unstoppable - almost:)

wonderboy

Morrliton loses ALOT of talent and leadership with this senior class. Dont count out the devil dogs though,

Devil Dog 17

Everyone is playing for 2nd next year. Hope will be your state champs!!!

Rockhounds x2

Go Postal:
Postal if what I'm hearing is true I wouldn't bet a lot on the Gobs!
So Hope is 2014 state champs!! Crown them!!!
I'm pretty sure CF won in 2013!! At least that's who we crowned this summer!

The Coach

Quote from: Go Postal on December 12, 2013, 11:38:41 pm

Gobs should have a Solid Team!!

The Future

This past season was a surprise for many. I knew they would struggle a bit to keep their conference title, but didn't expect this.
With all the starters coming back along with a great coach, Greenbrier will be just fine. And with Alma and Shiloh leaving, it looks like the West is Morrilton's until someone beats them.
Looking forward to the new season already!

MoTownDog

Who will be Greenbrier's Quarterback this year?

Hoghead

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on December 13, 2013, 09:39:20 pm
Everyone is playing for 2nd next year. Hope will be your state champs!!!
Nope it should be Wynne. But I have even money they blow it. PA could be the best.

InYoGrill

Looks like Vilonia is loaded this year. Amazing talented sophomore class. Dominating Defense and explosive offense ready to smack you suckers in the face (especially Greanbriar).  ;D   

For sure in the top 10 starting out, maybe top 7 teams in 5A.

Let's get this going chumps!  :o

Oh briarr, probably 4th or 5th in conference this year. They are fading away.

Go Postal

May 26, 2014, 10:52:29 pm #17 Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 10:54:23 pm by Go Postal
I think that Greenbrier, Vilonia and Harrison football teams need to do what Harrison (and maybe Greenbrier, Vilonia) do in other sports, run 5 miles, then practice whatever sport.

Valleysports

Goblins is a terrible mascot - y'all ever have good citizens wanting to change it?

Hoghead

Quote from: Valleysports on May 27, 2014, 12:53:35 am
Goblins is a terrible mascot - y'all ever have good citizens wanting to change it?

Pot Stirer !

Valleysports

The Future

Quote from: Valleysports on June 02, 2014, 01:21:06 am
Quote from: Hoghead on June 02, 2014, 12:11:22 am
Quote from: Valleysports on May 27, 2014, 12:53:35 am

Pot Stirer !

:D

Not just Goblins. Its "Golden" Goblins.

Pretty sure I'm never gonna be walking down the street on Halloween and see a Goblin decked out in gold spandex jumpsuit with matching wings :)

"Roar I will eat your soul!!! But don't I look... fabulous!!!!!"    :D

Valleysports

Harrison Golden Goblins?  How on earth did someone someone come up with that?

Go Postal

Valleysports

Thanks - I'd be wanting to change it with no more history than that.  Harrison? Hillbilly's - Hooters - any animal sounds good - something Harrison is known for, Klan?  ;D

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Valleysports on June 03, 2014, 03:42:53 am
Harrison Golden Goblins?  How on earth did someone someone come up with that?

Valleysports

Go Postal

Quote from: Valleysports on June 03, 2014, 04:15:54 pm
Thanks - I'd be wanting to change it with no more history than that.  Harrison? Hillbilly's - Hooters - any animal sounds good - something Harrison is known for, Klan?  ;D
Not to sure what you mean by Klan, the only clans that we have in Harrison are in the worldwide video gaming communities.  Hopefully you are confused by thinking of certain individuals from Zinc, AR and that just happen to have a P.O. Box in the closest big town which, sadly to say, is Harrison.  I quite understand your confusion and you are not alone.  It sometimes makes my Goblin pseudo-mullet 'fro want to straighten. ;)

Quote from: Valleysports on June 03, 2014, 04:51:47 pm
Moonshiner?
You must be thinking of our southern border, Newton county.  I have to admit, they don't do a bad job, so UI could be correct on that!

Some new Harrison citizens (maybe Yankees moving here) were a little upset that we painted the Harrison mascot on the water tower overlooking the Goblin Stadium until they learned that the fact is, the Goblins or Golden Goblins are an unique mascot in the USA.  Heck, growing up as Mtn. Home Bomber, one of my favorite and scary stories as a young kid was from circa 1885 by James Whitcomb Riley of how you have to watch out for them Goblins.  Here is an excerpt from that...

An' little Orphant Annie says, when the blaze is blue,
An' the lamp-wick sputters, an' the wind goes woo-oo!
An' you hear the crickets quit, an' the moon is gray,
An' the lightnin'-bugs in dew is all squenched away,--
You better mind yer parents, an' yer teachers fond an' dear,
An' cherish them that loves you, an' dry the orphant's tear,
An' help the poor an' needy ones that clusters all about,
or The Goblins Will Get You If You Don't Watch Out!

Side note:  I have heard from some "Old time" Goblins that are still alive that we might have been originally called the "Ghosts", but since that basketball game on All Hallows Eve in 1926 when the students dressed as Goblins, the name stuck.  I guess that we could have been another anywho Panthers, Eagles, Tigers, Lions, Bulldogs or whatever, but thankfully that our Harrison forefathers thought up an unique Harrison Goblins Mascot, like the Alma Airedales or even the Deer Antlers.  LOL.  One thing that I have liked over the years is that the Harrison Golden Goblins and Morrilton Devil Dogs play football around the time of Halloween. ;D

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Go Postal on June 03, 2014, 08:09:37 pmAn' little Orphant Annie says, when the blaze is blue,

Side note:  I have heard from some "Old time" Goblins that are still alive that we might have been originally called the "Ghosts", but since that basketball game on All Hallows Eve in 1926 when the students dressed as Goblins,

Go Postal

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 03, 2014, 08:21:11 pm
Quote from: Go Postal on June 03, 2014, 08:09:37 pmAn' little Orphant Annie says, when the blaze is blue,

Side note:  I have heard from some "Old time" Goblins that are still alive that we might have been originally called the "Ghosts", but since that basketball game on All Hallows Eve in 1926 when the students dressed as Goblins,

I might have to pour some of that in my vehicle to get better gas mileage.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Quote from: Bluepanther86 on December 12, 2013, 07:46:49 pm
The Panthers have returned all but 6 starters... what to look for in this team in 2014. Alot of leadership withing this new up coming senior class, Alot of potential too.

And what do we all know about potential? See thread:

"Neal Burcham and his 3 state titles"

Go Postal

June 04, 2014, 09:56:05 pm #31 Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:01:28 pm by Go Postal
This is my 4,000 post so even though this is a football forum and the title is "What to look for in Greenbrier 2014, I thought that for this post that I should state something about Greenbrier that has happened in the 2014 year in an other sport.

They got their 2nd straight 5A West Conference Championship over the Goblins in that boys other sports.  Made into the semi's once again on the other bracket.  I was very impressed and if their athletes can compete on that great level in football, not just futbol, then you should lookout for them.  LRCA is coming back into our conference this next cycle in all sports.  Hmmm....  Should be an interesting season in the West for all sports.

Side note to Greenbrier fans in that other boys/girls sport, You have done fabulous for the last 2 years in that other sport and Congrats on that.  But the Goblins/Lady Goblins have now tied for first place of any Arkansas school since 1998  :o  in that other sport with 10 State Championships and we have only played since 2002. ;D  Here is a record that you should shoot for in that other sport...

;D

Anyway, this is a football forum and it is time to get back to that.  LRCA, Maumelle and Farmington are coming into the West and you still have to take on them Devil Dogs, Eagles and other Panthers, but most importantly on this next football season...
The Goblins Will Get Ya If Ya Don't Watch Out!

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Go Postal on June 04, 2014, 09:56:05 pm
This is my 4,000 post so even though this is a football forum and the title is "What to look for in Greenbrier 2014, I thought that for this post that I should state something about Greenbrier that has happened in the 2014 year in an other sport.

They got their 2nd straight 5A West Conference Championship over the Goblins in that boys other sports.  Made into the semi's once again on the other bracket.  I was very impressed and if their athletes can compete on that great level in football, not just futbol, then you should lookout for them.  LRCA is coming back into our conference this next cycle in all sports.  Hmmm....  Should be an interesting season in the West for all sports.

Side note to Greenbrier fans in that other boys/girls sport, You have done fabulous for the last 2 years in that other sport and Congrats on that.  But the Goblins/Lady Goblins have now tied for first place of any Arkansas school since 1998  :o  in that other sport with 10 State Championships and we have only played since 2002. ;D  Here is a record that you should shoot for in that other sport...

;D

Anyway, this is a football forum and it is time to get back to that.  LRCA, Maumelle and Farmington are coming into the West and you still have to take on them Devil Dogs, Eagles and other Panthers, but most importantly on this next football season...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZz

Valleysports

;D

That's the worst - extremely hard to follow - post I've seen in a while. What the heck are you babbling about other sport? " But the Goblins/Lady Goblins have now tied for first place of any Arkansas school since 1998"  Edit it tomorrow after you've had a pot of coffee..   ::)

Go Postal

June 04, 2014, 11:42:29 pm #34 Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 11:44:56 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Valleysports on June 04, 2014, 11:14:08 pm

;D

That's the worst - extremely hard to follow - post I've seen in a while. What the heck are you babbling about other sport? " But the Goblins/Lady Goblins have now tied for first place of any Arkansas school since 1998"  Edit it tomorrow after you've had a pot of coffee..   ::)

jIQoS, pejatlh umqu' ghot vaj wej 'oH pong qaStaHvIS alma sport qar

عذراً، كان يتحدث عن أن الرياضة سوف لا يكون اسمه في ألما

מצטער, שאני מדברת על זה ספורט ואזי לא ניתן בשם ב- Alma

Lo sentimos, hablaba de ese deporte que no deberás ser nombrado en el Alma

Leider habe ich von Sport gesprochen, das nicht in Alma genannt werden sollst

Sorry, I was speaking about that sport that shalt not be named in Alma

I apologize for the miscommunication of what I meant on that post.  Hopefully this clarifies that. ;)

Go GB Panthers!  But the Goblins Will Get Ya If Ya Don't Watch Out!

SECFOOTBALLFAN

The Goblins suck.  Take that elsewhere....like Harrison.....cause the rest of the world doesn't care

DogsWin7

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on June 05, 2014, 07:12:23 am
The Goblins suck.  Take that elsewhere....like Harrison.....cause the rest of the world doesn't care

That's rude.   Why don't you take your morning attitude somewhere else.

Valleysports

Well that took a bad turn  :( 
Go Postal, I don't know what that guy's doing, I'm just a Wonderboy teasing you about your mascot.   ;)

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 05, 2014, 07:21:02 am
Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on June 05, 2014, 07:12:23 am

That's rude.   Why don't you take your morning attitude somewhere else.

:-\ :(

Totally uncalled for, my bad

Fatfullback

I always admired Harrison's choice of mascot, the Golden Goblins, but the origin of that selection differs from what's been posted here. Actually back when the school was in its developing stages Boone County was being overrun with wild turkeys, to such a point that gardens were being stripped by the ravaged beasts and creeks suddenly were totally devoid of that vital part of the food chain, the salamander. Residents would step outside of their homes and constantly hear "Gobble-gobble, gobble-gobble-gobble" everywhere they went, many going insane and relocating as a group to a place called Zinc, where their warped ancestors currently reside. Hunters attempted to eliminate the pests, but these were Super-turkeys, superlatively gifted intellectually as well as physically, therefore they avoided extermination. Times were desperate, and facing evacuation, a reward was offered to anyone who could bring peace to the county. In stepped a Thomas Tice, from parts unknown, a golden-haired archer/marksman who had a solution to the problem. From inside a boxed canyon, Tice lured his prey into his trap by calling "Gobble-gobble come in, gobble-gobble come in" which eventually was shortened to "Gobble-in, gobble-in." After slaying the turkeys and restoring prosperity to the area, the legend of the Golden Goblin was born, and the name stuck to the athletic teams as they trapped and destroyed opponents successfully for years thereafter.

Valleysports

Alright Fatfullback - Now that's a real mascot!   ;D  Go Postal, if you'll type this up and start passing it out to Kindergarten Parents, over the next few years, it won't take long before the next generation of Golden Goblins will know the true history of their mascot.  You could start and annual Golden Goblin Archery Tournament to celebrate what the Golden Goblin did for Harrison and raise money of course.  If I lived in Harrison - you'd be seeing this history posted on the school building, by next week, along with a statue of the original Golden Goblin -Thomas Tice.  Very Cool!

Go Postal

Nice going guys, you gave me a belly laugh.  Yeah, Tommy was the man.  He was here for 29 years and whipped them Goblins into shape.  Fatfullback, nice story.  It reminds me of my first post back in November 5th, 2008 when Alma, CAC, Greenwood and Siloam Springs were all in the same conference with Greenbrier, Harrison, Morrilton and Vilonia.

A Bulldog, Airedale, Mustang, Panther and a Goblin walked into a football stadium. The Bulldog growled:  LOOK AT ME!  I am the three time 5A State Champions and I only lost 1 conference game by 3 points.  The Airedale barked:  LOOK AT ME!  I won 5 straight conference games in a row and could be the next 5A West Conference Champs.  The Mustang whinnied:  LOOK AT ME!  I came from the 4A conference and beat the Airedale by 17 points.  The Panther purred:  LOOK AT ME!  I won 7 straight games for the season and beat the Mustang by 22 points.  The Goblin after hearing this zoological babble, put his hands in the air and said the magical incantation, BLAH BLAH BLAH YADDA YADDA YADDA (Translation:  could-a, should-a, would-a) and stopped the unruly beasts rant.  The Bulldog, Airedale, Mustang and Panther turned to the mythological creature and in their animal jargon said:  What are you here for?  The Goblin  looked at his surroundings and said:  DUH --- I CAME TO PLAY FOOTBALL!!!
;D

Anyway this is a Greenbrier thread.  Go Panthers!  Beat them Warriors!

Here is a new story for next 5A West cycle...
One day two mythological entities, a Goblin and a Devil Dog, were watching how a battle was being played out between a Cardinal, a Eagle, a Hornet, two Panthers and even a Warrior.  The Goblin said to the Devil Dog, "Sic um, boy"!  The Devil Dog swatted the Hornet, ate the Cardinal, clipped the wings of the Eagle, killed the red Panther, mortally wounded the blue Panther and made the Warrior think to "why they ever thought that they could come back to the 5A West without a Dyer".  The Devil Dog trotted back over to the Goblin wagging his spiked tail and the Goblin said, as he patted the Devil Dog on the head, "Good Boy!  You took care of those pests.  You are a Goblin's Best Friend.  You always do as you are told".  The mythological beast looked up into the Goblin's eyes with pride and the Goblin said, "Now Boy, Play Dead". ;D

GO PANTHERS!  BEAT THEM WARRIORS!

Valleysports

June 05, 2014, 08:36:11 pm #42 Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:51:27 pm by Valleysports
Quote"The Goblin  looked at his surroundings and said:  DUH --- I CAME TO PLAY FOOTBALL!!!"
When did he say this - cause he's only won 5 games in the last two years.

Go Postal

June 05, 2014, 08:49:38 pm #43 Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:59:18 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Valleysports on June 05, 2014, 08:36:11 pm
Quote"The Goblin  looked at his surroundings and said:  DUH --- I CAME TO PLAY FOOTBALL!!!"
When did he say this - cause he's only one 5 games in the last two years.
You have to remember that this was back in '08 when the the Goblins went 7-3 and did not go to the playoffs, but did defeat the Champion Greenwood Bulldogs by 3 in a 99 point game AT Greenwood.  Dang them SS Panthers.

GO PANTHERS!  BEAT THEM WARRIORS!

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Go Postal on June 05, 2014, 08:06:22 pm
Nice going guys, you gave me a belly laugh.  Yeah, Tommy was the man.  He was here for 29 years and whipped them Goblins into shape.  Fatfullback, nice story.  It reminds me of my first post back in November 5th, 2008 when Alma, CAC, Greenwood and Siloam Springs were all in the same conference with Greenbrier, Harrison, Morrilton and Vilonia.

A Bulldog, Airedale, Mustang, Panther and a Goblin walked into a football stadium. The Bulldog growled:  LOOK AT ME!  I am the three time 5A State Champions and I only lost 1 conference game by 3 points.  The Airedale barked:  LOOK AT ME!  I won 5 straight conference games in a row and could be the next 5A West Conference Champs.  The Mustang whinnied:  LOOK AT ME!  I came from the 4A conference and beat the Airedale by 17 points.  The Panther purred:  LOOK AT ME!  I won 7 straight games for the season and beat the Mustang by 22 points.  The Goblin after hearing this zoological babble, put his hands in the air and said the magical incantation, BLAH BLAH BLAH YADDA YADDA YADDA (Translation:  could-a, should-a, would-a) and stopped the unruly beasts rant.  The Bulldog, Airedale, Mustang and Panther turned to the mythological creature and in their animal jargon said:  What are you here for?  The Goblin  looked at his surroundings and said:  DUH --- I CAME TO PLAY FOOTBALL!!!
;D

Anyway this is a Greenbrier thread.  Go Panthers!  Beat them Warriors!

Here is a new story for next 5A West cycle...
One day two mythological entities, a Goblin and a Devil Dog, were watching how a battle was being played out between a Cardinal, a Eagle, a Hornet, two Panthers and even a Warrior.  The Goblin said to the Devil Dog, "Sic um, boy"!  The Devil Dog swatted the Hornet, ate the Cardinal, clipped the wings of the Eagle, killed the red Panther, mortally wounded the blue Panther and made the Warrior think to "why they ever thought that they could come back to the 5A West without a Dyer".  The Devil Dog trotted back over to the Goblin wagging his spiked tail and the Goblin said, as he patted the Devil Dog on the head, "Good Boy!  You took care of those pests.  You are a Goblin's Best Friend.  You always do as you are told".  The mythological beast looked up into the Goblin's eyes with pride and the Goblin said, "Now Boy, Play Dead". ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas