• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood vs Siloam Springs For 5A State Championship

Started by BadDogGHSDogPound, October 30, 2008, 04:19:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BadDogGHSDogPound

The 5A Match up as expected:

Greenwood vs Siloam Springs

Greenwood beat Greene County Tech in the semi-finals
25-14, 25-11, 25-16.

Siloam Springs beat Alma.

The Final Showdown Happens Saturday at 5:00.

Quite Frankly

7AFBFAN

Any predictions on a winner? Greenwood is tough and beat Siloam on every occasion this year, Siloam Springs has tradition and a great coach. I say it goes to 5 games. Not sure who wins.

football_freak777

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 30, 2008, 04:28:21 pm
Any predictions on a winner? Greenwood is tough and beat Siloam on every occasion this year, Siloam Springs has tradition and a great coach. I say it goes to 5 games. Not sure who wins.

Everyone knows that this will go to 5 games the question is just who will win Siloam Springs has three returning starters but their record against GW this year is 0-2 GO LADY PANTHERS

Big Foot

Big Foot

Where is the exact location of the finals? I heard Conway, but is it at the high school or at one of the colleges?

bobcat81

Quote from: Big Foot on October 30, 2008, 05:16:52 pm
Where is the exact location of the finals? I heard Conway, but is it at the high school or at one of the colleges?

Conway High West Arena, 2220 Prince Street Conway, AR 72034     Link to directions on AAA website below:

http://www.ahsaa.org/docs/Directions%20to%20Conway%20HS%20Arena.pdf

Big Foot

Thank You very much. My Daughter goes to school at UCA now and wanted to know, she played VB at Greenwood and wants to go see them play. Thanks again.

Quite Frankly

Brand new arena at the high school.  Very nice setup for a school district that essentially went broke.

topdog84

Quote from: football_freak777 on October 30, 2008, 04:53:17 pm

Everyone knows that this will go to 5 games the question is just who will win Siloam Springs has three returning starters but their record against GW this year is 0-2 GO LADY PANTHERS
I think it will be Greenwood in 4, and their record this year against the BULLDOGS is 0-3, 2 in conference, and 1 in the Mena tournament at the beginning of the year.  A dynasty ends on Saturday.

football_freak777

Quote from: topdog84 on October 30, 2008, 10:58:41 pm

I think it will be Greenwood in 4, and their record this year against the BULLDOGS is 0-3, 2 in conference, and 1 in the Mena tournament at the beginning of the year.  A dynasty ends on Saturday.

i think the GW girls will come unprepared the Siloam girls are picked as the underdogs and you know how much we love being the underdogs.

Bob from Dumas

Quote from: football_freak777 on October 31, 2008, 06:38:52 am
Quote from: topdog84 on October 30, 2008, 10:58:41 pm

i think the GW girls will come unprepared the Siloam girls are picked as the underdogs and you know how much we love being the underdogs.

I think Greenwood will win, but it will be a good match.  Coach Golden will keep them grounded, but will have them prepared. 

football_freak777

isn't this the third year in the row we've met in the finals?

topdog84

Quote from: football_freak777 on October 31, 2008, 10:32:07 am
yes sir, it sure is. The championship series will get a little tighter after this one.  1-2.  I hope.

football_freak777

Quote from: topdog84 on October 31, 2008, 12:48:34 pm
Quote from: football_freak777 on October 31, 2008, 10:32:07 am
yes sir, it sure is. The championship series will get a little tighter after this one.  1-2.  I hope.

hehe me and you got two different wishes i'm hoping for 3-0

RD™

football_freak777

RD™

BadDog will have updates from Greenwood's AD....the tournament is running behind, and our game probably just got underway.

football_freak777

Quote from: RD™ on November 01, 2008, 06:07:53 pm
BadDog will have updates from Greenwood's AD....the tournament is running behind, and our game probably just got underway.

thanks

RD™

7AFBFAN

Dang, that is a surprise, I still think it goes 5 games and Greenwood wins.

Ty

RD™

Quite Frankly

BadDogGHSDogPound

Siloam wins game 4, to win the State Championship.

gilndoc

Quote from: BadDogGHSDogPound on November 01, 2008, 08:03:46 pm
Siloam wins game 4, to win the State Championship.

Thanks for posting, do you know the scores?

Congratulations to the Siloam Springs Lady Panthers.  The Drive for 5 is completed.

7AFBFAN

I sure thought Greenwood would get over the top this year, still a good year for them. Congratulations to Siloam, they have a classy program and coach. When I heard about the team praying the other day for the victims of the car crash I knew they were winners. Might as well go for 6 now.

gilndoc

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 01, 2008, 08:13:33 pm
I sure thought Greenwood would get over the top this year, still a good year for them. Congratulations to Siloam, they have a classy program and coach. When I heard about the team praying the other day for the victims of the car crash I knew they were winners. Might as well go for 6 now.

They have a very good chance at.  They are only losing 2 seniors and thier 2 dominant players are only a soph and a jr this year with a good crop of freshman reloading the team.

Fat Money

Congrats to both teams. Way to represent the 5A-West.

football_freak777

Woohoo 5 championships in a row. Hopefully Coach Cheek will never retire for us. Only losing two seniors and we have all six returning starters lets go girls now we gotta come up with a catchy phrase for going for six championships

Ty

Quote from: football_freak777 on November 01, 2008, 09:59:18 pm
Woohoo 5 championships in a row. Hopefully Coach Cheek will never retire for us. Only losing two seniors and we have all six returning starters lets go girls now we gotta come up with a catchy phrase for going for six championships
Seeking the Sixth

Striving for Six

Bob from Dumas

Congratulations to both.  Siloam Springs wins its 5th in a row.  Greenwood had a great season, just came up one game short.  5A West is going to be in good shape for a while to come.

topdog84

I must say, Siloam came out firing on all cylinders.  They couldn't be stopped, and we weren't helping ourselves out at all.  We weren't passing, setting, hitting. Credit Siloam for a nice game plan and executing it to perfection.  #23 and the Allison girl absolutely dominated us.  But, great job lady bulldogs and great season. Siloam, seeya next year.

B.S.

I'm glad Coach Cheek isn't their football coach! Congrats Lady Panthers what an accomplishment. If there was an overall champion i think Siloam could have won 3 or 4 of those in the last 5 years. Coach Golden once again snatches defeat from the jaws of victory!

football_freak777

Quote from: B.S. on November 03, 2008, 08:15:15 pm<br />I'm glad Coach Cheek isn't their football coach! Congrats Lady Panthers what an accomplishment. If there was an overall champion i think Siloam could have won 3 or 4 of those in the last 5 years. Coach Golden once again snatches defeat from the jaws of victory! <br />

she use to coach football at Mosely, Oklahoma.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas