• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-1 East

Started by @CurryLegion, January 28, 2011, 02:36:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

@CurryLegion

This conference has some very good junior high teams. Or at least I've heard!

Anybody have info

Bergman1820

Valley Junior boys are good. I have only seen them and Bergmans juniors play. But I have read articles about them that run in the paper. The jr girls lost to Mountain View Tuesday by 3 I think.

@CurryLegion

I know in the girls that Flippin is 5-0 in conference with only Melbourne left. With the win at Marshall the other night the Flippin Junior Lady Bobcats locked up a co conference championship. Mt. View is the only one who has played Flippin close actually Flippin won by 1 in the conference game and Mt. View beat them 2 times earlier in the season. I expect the Flippin girls to win the conference.:)

As for the boys this is a very strong Junior Boys class... Valley, Melbourne, Mt. View, and Flippin are the top 4!  I know Mt. View beat Valley earlier in the year by 8 and Melbourne beat Valley also i think but it wasn't conference. Flippin lost to Melbourne also! So Melbourne is the top team right now, then Mt. View then Flippin and Valley are tied at 3-1 i think. Valley and Flippin play Monday night and Flippin plays Mt. View Friday night.... If Flippin can win both of these it will be big! All of these teams start all ninth graders except for Flippin they start 1 ninth grader 3 8th graders and 1 7th grader... This is a very close conference race that will come down to teams cheering for other teams!!! :)

As for the other three teams in this conference Yellville, Bergman, and Marshall... Yellville is a big team full of 9th graders also! I don't know why they can't win much?? Bergman and Marshall just aren't that good though.. I always say never count a team with Steve Lynch out cause he is a heck of a coach!!! But this is different Marshall is terrible......

Ha this is what i know and District tournament is at Yellville! 

VSTIGERZ.... Are you gonna be at the game in Flippin on Monday night??

Bergman1820

Valley jrs beat Yellville pretty easily. Valley has some good looking ball players who I hope will get a chance to contribute next season.

Bergman1820

Quote from: bocatfanforlife on January 28, 2011, 06:52:34 pm
I know in the girls that Flippin is 5-0 in conference with only Melbourne left. With the win at Marshall the other night the Flippin Junior Lady Bobcats locked up a co conference championship. Mt. View is the only one who has played Flippin close actually Flippin won by 1 in the conference game and Mt. View beat them 2 times earlier in the season. I expect the Flippin girls to win the conference.:)

As for the boys this is a very strong Junior Boys class... Valley, Melbourne, Mt. View, and Flippin are the top 4!  I know Mt. View beat Valley earlier in the year by 8 and Melbourne beat Valley also i think but it wasn't conference. Flippin lost to Melbourne also! So Melbourne is the top team right now, then Mt. View then Flippin and Valley are tied at 3-1 i think. Valley and Flippin play Monday night and Flippin plays Mt. View Friday night.... If Flippin can win both of these it will be big! All of these teams start all ninth graders except for Flippin they start 1 ninth grader 3 8th graders and 1 7th grader... This is a very close conference race that will come down to teams cheering for other teams!!! :)

As for the other three teams in this conference Yellville, Bergman, and Marshall... Yellville is a big team full of 9th graders also! I don't know why they can't win much?? Bergman and Marshall just aren't that good though.. I always say never count a team with Steve Lynch out cause he is a heck of a coach!!! But this is different Marshall is terrible......

Ha this is what i know and District tournament is at Yellville! 

VSTIGERZ.... Are you gonna be at the game in Flippin on Monday night??

Definately. These 3 games are important. I havent been to Flippin for a game in a long while so it will be fun.

@CurryLegion

Cool I look forward to seeing you there and hopefully some good game!:)

Bergman1820

What do the standing look like for the jr high?

@CurryLegion

Ok here it is...... Boys!

Melbourne      Valley Springs        Mt. View          Flippin         Yellville         Marshall      Bergman

5-0                4-1                    3-1                 3-2              2-4               1-5              0-5   

Games left: Melbourne @ Valley Feb. 4th     
                  Mt. View @ Flippin Feb. 4th   
                  Bergman @ Mt. View Feb. 5th (Saturday)

I know in the girls that...

Flippin is 6-0 and won conference championship!

@CurryLegion

Basically this is the way it should end up is with Melbourne 6-0 Valley 5-2  Mt. View 5-2  Flippin 3-3 and so on.....  I know that Valley beat Melbourne earlier in the season but Melbourne is just tooo good..

Bergman1820

Quote from: bocatfanforlife on February 01, 2011, 09:42:31 pm
Basically this is the way it should end up is with Melbourne 6-0 Valley 5-2  Mt. View 5-2  Flippin 3-3 and so on.....  I know that Valley beat Melbourne earlier in the season but Melbourne is just tooo good..

That's good for Melbourne. From the looks of it they will need the help next season.

@CurryLegion

@CurryLegion

February 03, 2011, 09:23:37 pm #11 Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:26:53 pm by bocatfanforlife
Congratulations to the Flippin Junior Lady Bobcats!

2010-2011 UNDEFEATED CONFERENCE CHAMPS!!

Bergman1820

Jr boys:
Melbourne 28
Valley Springs 36

Was a good game.

@CurryLegion

The way it looks now is that it will be a three way tie for 1st with Mt. View, Valley, and Melbourne... Flippin is fourth.. VSTIGERZ do u know how the tiebreaker works and how the district tournament is set up??

Bergman1820

Quote from: bocatfanforlife on February 09, 2011, 01:51:34 pm
The way it looks now is that it will be a three way tie for 1st with Mt. View, Valley, and Melbourne... Flippin is fourth.. VSTIGERZ do u know how the tiebreaker works and how the district tournament is set up??

Things I know:

Valley Springs 5-1-Defeated Melbourne. Lost to Mountain View. If Mountain View loses to Flippin Valley Springs will be conference champions.

Melbourne 5-1- Melbourne defeated Mountain View. Lost to Valley Springs. If Mountain view loses to Flippin Melbourne will be the #2 seed.

Mt.View 4-1-Defeated Valley Springs. Lost to Melbourne. With a loss to Flippin will be the #4 seed at 4-2.
Flippin 3-2-With a win over Mountian View Friday would be the #3 seed. With a loss would be the #4 seed.
Yellville 2-4-#5 seed
Marshall 1-5-#6 seed
Bergman 0-6-#7 seed

Things I don't know:
If Mountain View beats Flippin then Valley Springs,Mountain View and Melbourne will all finish with 5-1 records. I looked at the tie breakers, but wasnt able to figure it out.

Valley Springs- Mt.View L-Melbourne W
Melbourne- Mt.View W-Valley Springs L
Mt.View- Melbourne L-Valley Springs W

Basketballfan13

If they all three end up 5-1 with each of them beating each other. I would think they would go by a point spread. Who won each of those match up games by the most with a 10pt limit...but that's just my guess.

Bergman1820

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on February 09, 2011, 04:41:46 pm
If they all three end up 5-1 with each of them beating each other. I would think they would go by a point spread. Who won each of those match up games by the most with a 10pt limit...but that's just my guess.

Yes I think you are right. On the AAA site that looks like the next step.

Bergman1820

Quote from: bocatfanforlife on February 09, 2011, 01:51:34 pm

Since you have played against these teams do you see any players from 9th grade moving up to play on the Sr.High team after the district tournament?

Basketballfan13

I believe there is still a 10pt limit in a 2 team tie-breaker for senior high.

Basketballfan13

They might of changed the rule, from what I know it'll still only count as a 10pt limit. Sometimes I miss read things though, this is what the AAA handbook has written down for it.

A. If two teams are tied from regular season conference play,
tie-breaker procedures will be:
1. Head to head in regular season conference play.
2. If the two teams have split, margin of victory between the
two teams, with a maximum of 10 points per game.
3. If the two teams are still tied, all winning conference
game points, with a maximum of 10 points per game.
4. Forfeited games. Offended teams shall receive 10
points when tabulating the sum of the winning margins
for breaking conference ties.
5. If the two teams are still tied, a coin flip by the Arkansas
Activities Association's Executive Director or his
designee will decide seeding.
B. If three or more teams are in a tie from regular season
conference play, tie-breaker procedures will be:
1. Head-to-head competition
2. If a team has been defeated by one of the other teams
twice (or once when a single round robin is used), they
will be eliminated.
3. If two teams remain, the teams would go to step two
listed above Paragraph A.
4. If step two does not break the tie, step three would
follow, then step four, then five. If three teams remain,
the teams would go to Paragraph C.
C. If three or more teams are tied and each team has split (or
a perfect triangle), each position will be decided using the
two team tie-breaking procedure in Paragraph A to
determine which two teams go head to head for the first
available position. First, tabulate the margin of victory in all
conference games (up to 10 points per game). The two
teams with the greatest margin of victory in conference
games shall utilize the procedure in Paragraph A to
determine the first position available. Use the same
process to determine the second position available and all
other positions available for the teams involved in a three
or more team perfect triangle tie.

Basketballfan13

In that instance it would win them the tie breaker because they lost to the team by 5, but beat them by 15(which would count as 10). The ten point rule would just play in affect if you ended up losing to a team by 12 and then turn around and beat them by 16 the point spread would not settle it because both margins were over ten. They make it that way so teams aren't worried about putting on a few extra points on at the end when it's a double digit lead. You'd hate to see a player get hurt because their coach was pushing for a 20 pt lead at the end instead of a 15.

@CurryLegion

Jr. Dist. Sat. @5:30 3 Girls games. Mon.@ 5:30 3 Boys games. Tues. @ 4:30 4 games All at Yellville... Finals Wed.@ Valley Springs at 7 and 8:15! There is also 2 Sr. games on Wednesday, that is why the finals are in Valley...

Also Flippin and Mt. View play Saturday at 2 in Flippin! JHB SHG and SHB

oldtimer

Flippin Jr. boys beat MV jr. boys. It was a good ballgame. Flippin came from behind to win it by I believe 3.

Automatic

Results from Districts (no scores unfortunately):
Valley beats Melbourne
Mountain View wins over Marshall
Bergman wins against Yellville

Automatic

Quote from: Automatic on February 12, 2011, 10:13:05 pm
Results from Districts (no scores unfortunately):
Valley beats Melbourne
Mountain View wins over Marshall
Bergman wins against Yellville
Girls of course

Bergman1820

Quote from: oldtimer on February 12, 2011, 08:31:05 pm
Flippin Jr. boys beat MV jr. boys. It was a good ballgame. Flippin came from behind to win it by I believe 3.

Mountain View 32
Flippin 36

Congrats on making the game winning shot Leonard. I know your teammate made those technical free throws but without your long bomb from downtown they never would have happened.

@CurryLegion

Thanks man! He is actually my shooting partner in practice! haha

oldtimer

That was one of the best Jr. high games you will see!!!!!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas