• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nettleton vs Valley View

Started by A D M, October 20, 2017, 11:35:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A D M

Let's get this started. What's everyone's thoughts?

JessieP

Valley View, are you ready for your close-up? VV has had a great year, to an extent they are the new darling of the East. Are they as good as the hype? Were about to find out. You have three test you must pass in the East to be taken seriously, Wynne, Batesville and every 5 years (like this one) Nettleton. You have already failed one. Now you have Nettleton and then Batesville. Nettleton is hitting on all cylinders and Batesville is starting to stride. You cannot go 1 for 3 against the East elite and be considered "for real". Not a knock on VV just a fact. Are you for real? the balls in your court. Win the next 2, it's pretty simple. The downside? Your wins have come against the bottom half, those day's are over. You ready?

j-mann raider 02

they are going to lose to batesville even if they beat Nettleton   Nettleton proved a lot to me last night  outscore  FC 34-0 in the 2nd haif   home field should be the diff  42-35 nettleton   

Blazer51

Quote from: j-mann raider 02 on October 21, 2017, 06:30:30 pm
they are going to lose to batesville even if they beat Nettleton   Nettleton proved a lot to me last night  outscore  FC 34-0 in the 2nd haif   home field should be the diff  42-35 nettleton   

Guess we shouldn't even play the game and just them the win then right?😂

j-mann raider 02

Quote from: Blazer51 on October 21, 2017, 08:34:06 pm
Guess we shouldn't even play the game and just them the win then right?😂

Lol  VV is very good esp on off   Nettleton all season has had only 2 bad times  the game at Bly  and the last 4 min of the 1st haif aga FC    Nettletlon has 4 very good off players  and a very fast def   honely  the game with VV should be tougher than the wynne   game   because if nettletion wins it knocks out VV and wynne  for the conf tittie   with a VV win nettleton is likely the east 4 seed  and wouild have to play PA in round 1 

Intelligentsia

I suspect that a lot of Batesville fans will be pulling for the VV upset win.  Nettleton needs two losses!!

JessieP

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 21, 2017, 09:53:20 pm
I suspect that a lot of Batesville fans will be pulling for the VV upset win.  Nettleton needs two losses!!

I agree 100% but I fear we won't get it. Wynne will beat Nettleton, Batesville will beat Valley View and Nettleton will beat Valley View. Does that leave us 2nd?

Poppy1493

If Nettleton beats ValleyView and then Wyne beats Nettleton and Batesville beats Valley View by max points there will be a three way tie but Batesville will be 1 seed due to  Nettleton not having max points over the victoy ofBlythville and Wynne not having max points over victory of Valleyview.  Max points in point system is 13

Intelligentsia

The tie breaker discussion gives me a headache.   Batesville just needs to win out while hopefully gaining the maximum tie breaker points each time.  Either a one or two seed would be fine, but if the goal is to win another state championship,  I would prefer to face PA at Batesville in the semifinals.

Raider2011

Let's just go with Nettleton winning out...easiest scenario right?  ;D

MrShakezzzz2014

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this game will be the most exciting game of the YEAR! There may be a little bias in that statement but does anyone really disagree with me given the history that these 2 teams have with each other? As far as comparisons go, Nettleton has the better offense. Deondre Henry is a stud at QB and doesn't make mistakes or turn the ball over. That'll be a huge factor when the raiders get into a dog fight (which I predict this game and the Wynne game will be). VV is a dangerous team that can score at will. They put up 63 against GCT so I won't count them out at all. However, I don't think their defense matches up well with Nettleton's offense in this game.

My prediction: It'll be a close one before the raiders pull away late in the 4th. 42-28 Nettleton

Rampage72501

Quote from: Poppy1493 on October 21, 2017, 10:30:41 pm
If Nettleton beats ValleyView and then Wyne beats Nettleton and Batesville beats Valley View by max points there will be a three way tie but Batesville will be 1 seed due to  Nettleton not having max points over the victoy ofBlythville and Wynne not having max points over victory of Valleyview.  Max points in point system is 13

No where close to being correct.

Head to head results ALWAYS determine playoff seeding.  Points are only used to determine the order of head to head comparisons, when there is no clear head to head winner.

If Nettleton beats Valley View by 9 or more points this week, there will be no way that Wynne can pass Nettleton in the points.  The only way Batesville can be the number 1 seed in a 3-way tie with Wynne and Nettleton would be if Batesville and Wynne finish 1-2 in the points.  In that scenario, Batesville and Wynne would be compared head to head for the 1 seed, and Batesville would get it because they beat Wynne.  The Wynne and Nettleton game would then be used to determine the number 2 seed, and it would go to Wynne based on beating Nettleton on the field.

The only realistic way for Batesville to get the number 1 seed without a significant shift in the points would be for Batesville and Wynne to win out and for Nettleton to lose out.  If that were to happen, Batesville would be the 1, Wynne would be the 2, Valley View would be the 3, and Nettleton would be the 4.

JessieP

Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 22, 2017, 01:54:06 pm
No where close to being correct.

Head to head results ALWAYS determine playoff seeding.  Points are only used to determine the order of head to head comparisons, when there is no clear head to head winner.

If Nettleton beats Valley View by 9 or more points this week, there will be no way that Wynne can pass Nettleton in the points.  The only way Batesville can be the number 1 seed in a 3-way tie with Wynne and Nettleton would be if Batesville and Wynne finish 1-2 in the points.  In that scenario, Batesville and Wynne would be compared head to head for the 1 seed, and Batesville would get it because they beat Wynne.  The Wynne and Nettleton game would then be used to determine the number 2 seed, and it would go to Wynne based on beating Nettleton on the field.

The only realistic way for Batesville to get the number 1 seed without a significant shift in the points would be for Batesville and Wynne to win out and for Nettleton to lose out.  If that were to happen, Batesville would be the 1, Wynne would be the 2, Valley View would be the 3, and Nettleton would be the 4.

I agree with your post. The real irony of this whole East mess is that if you look at brackets, the East #2 seed has possibly the easiest path to WMS, seriously. Look at it and you'll see it's not far fetched.

Intelligentsia

So if the Pioneers are looking at what's best, yes a #2 is the best route to WMS, but a number 1 and we'd get PA at home.  I'd rather have PA at home.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 22, 2017, 08:13:47 pm
So if the Pioneers are looking at what's best, yes a #2 is the best route to WMS, but a number 1 and we'd get PA at home.  I'd rather have PA at home.

The 2 is harder if you ask me. That 3 seed from the central is going to be an extremely difficult first rounder.

Rampage72501

Too early to be speculating about the "ease" of any seed.

As it stands now, E2 most likely gets McClellan  round 1, which is a terrible draw.  If they survive McClellan , they most likely travel to Alma in round 2, and would probably get Lakeside or Watson Chapel in the semis.  That's nowhere close to being and easy road to War Memorial.

Youngsta71701

Nettleton. Valley View is still a pretender in most outsiders eyes until proven otherwise.

Yellowcake

Nettleton by double digits....

greenman478

VV is much improved this year.  Offense has enough firepower to score some points.  Don't think they will be able to stop Nettleton's offense though.  One of the toughest units to stop that I've seen this year.  Nettleton wins a close one late, 42-31.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 23, 2017, 07:44:56 am
Too early to be speculating about the "ease" of any seed.

As it stands now, E2 most likely gets McClellan  round 1, which is a terrible draw.  If they survive McClellan , they most likely travel to Alma in round 2, and would probably get Lakeside or Watson Chapel in the semis.  That's nowhere close to being and easy road to War Memorial.

Considering the very apparent strength of the Central conference this year, I agree that there is no easy route even past the first round.  The point I failed to forward in my last post was one I made earlier; while it might be easier to reach WMS with a 2 seed by avoiding PA in the semi-finals, if a championship is the goal, I'd rather host PA in the semi-finals than face them at WMS.   The Central conference 2nd - 4th place teams are as strong as I've seen them in the past several years.

Rampage72501

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 23, 2017, 11:45:18 am
Considering the very apparent strength of the Central conference this year, I agree that there is no easy route even past the first round.  The point I failed to forward in my last post was one I made earlier; while it might be easier to reach WMS with a 2 seed by avoiding PA in the semi-finals, if a championship is the goal, I'd rather host PA in the semi-finals than face them at WMS.   The Central conference 2nd - 4th place teams are as strong as I've seen them in the past several years.

I understand what you were saying, and absolutely agree.  I would prefer the 1 seed, because that means not having to travel if you're fortunate to advance.

If E2 does make it to WMS and wins the championship, it's going to be one impressive run, because it's probably going to mean beating McClelllan, Alma, Lakeside/Watson Chapel/Little Rock Christian, and PA. 

Don't be surprised to see the East go 1-3 in the first round of the playoffs - the Central is that strong.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Nettleton  49
Valley View  21

JessieP

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 26, 2017, 10:11:07 am
Nettleton  49
Valley View  21

Take a bow, spot on! I think come about 8pm Friday night Valley View is going to realize the glass slipper does not fit.

Grond

X factor: WEATHER

Conditions for Friday night are supposed to be low 40's, after raining all day, with 80% humidity. It will be cold, and feel colder.

I think Nettleton is the better team, but conditions will aid Valley View.

walkingguy72396

Miserable weather,

Just have to wait and see which team breaks out the heated shelters.

Change of uniforms after the half.

InYoGrill

Will this game be on any live stream? If so please post link (if I missed it earlier in thread, let me know). This should be a great game between two teams who played in the shadows of traditional east powers Batesville, Blytheville, Wynne, and FC.

What are strengths of each team and about how many players on each team. This westerner is very curious.  ;)

JessieP

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 26, 2017, 12:21:59 pm
Miserable weather,

Just have to wait and see which team breaks out the heated shelters.

Change of uniforms after the half.

Then edge VV. Nettleton doesn't have that kind of money. Who does? oh wait...

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 26, 2017, 12:42:46 pm
Will this game be on any live stream? If so please post link (if I missed it earlier in thread, let me know). This should be a great game between two teams who played in the shadows of traditional east powers Batesville, Blytheville, Wynne, and FC.

What are strengths of each team and about how many players on each team. This westerner is very curious.  ;)

Do you seriously think Valley can even stay on the field with Nettleton?

walkingguy72396

Boils down too.

Nettleton should be the favorite. because they have not lost yet.

That and  A buck fifty will get you a cup of coffee.

Raider2011

Nettleton has about 4-5 solid receivers, complimentary backfield as one is power and finesse while the Other is speed also a north&south runner, they have an experienced oline, a QB with a 21-1 TD-Int ratio...Defense has a solid LB core with #7 Neal and #25 Cox leading the way an improving secondary has given up less than 9passing TDs, the defensive line has depth as well.   

MDXPHD

Quote from: Raider2011 on October 26, 2017, 03:12:28 pm
Nettleton has about 4-5 solid receivers, complimentary backfield as one is power and finesse while the Other is speed also a north&south runner, they have an experienced oline, a QB with a 21-1 TD-Int ratio...Defense has a solid LB core with #7 Neal and #25 Cox leading the way an improving secondary has given up less than 9passing TDs, the defensive line has depth as well.   

Decent 4-5 Wrs.

Also, the secondary hasn't given up many passing tds because the East is a little behind the rest of the state in the whole "passing" category of football. Nettleton is good, sure, but I don't know if they will make it out of the first round of state.

Raider2011

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 26, 2017, 03:51:03 pm
Decent 4-5 Wrs.

Also, the secondary hasn't given up many passing tds because the East is a little behind the rest of the state in the whole "passing" category of football. Nettleton is good, sure, but I don't know if they will make it out of the first round of state.
I find it funny you down Nettleton in some form directly or indirectly at every chance you get that they are spoken of positively..this has been going on hmmmm for 8 weeks now ;D but hey whatever they'll keep playing hard every Friday all that matters!

PA Dad

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 26, 2017, 01:56:58 pm
Boils down too.

Nettleton should be the favorite. because they have not lost yet.

That and  A buck fifty will get you a cup of coffee.

Yea, and I can remember when it was a dime.

Grond

Nettleton - Speed. This team has better speed and better passing consistency than previous Nettleton teams. They seem to have added a short passing game, and they are showing better technique in their O-line play. Showing better overall "football IQ" this year.

Valley View - More power & running than speed & passing. VV was a very good 4A school, then moved up to 5A in 2014 (I think). Has not been to the playoffs since moving up?  ???  They would get off the bus, and look great; then on the field, they were very inconsistent.

From what I have seen, both of the coaching staffs at these high schools have moved their programs up a notch. Hope they can maintain this level of performance.

InYoGrill

October 26, 2017, 05:31:22 pm #34 Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 07:15:09 pm by InYoGrill
Quote from: Grond on October 26, 2017, 05:18:12 pm
Nettleton - Speed. This team has better speed and better passing consistency than previous Nettleton teams. They seem to have added a short passing game, and they are showing better technique in their O-line play. Showing better overall "football IQ" this year.

Valley View - More power & running than speed & passing. VV was a very good 4A school, then moved up to 5A in 2014 (I think). Has not been to the playoffs since moving up?  ???  They would get off the bus, and look great; then on the field, they were very inconsistent.

From what I have seen, both of the coaching staffs at these high schools have moved their programs up a notch. Hope they can maintain this level of performance.

Man, you guys in the East explain things in great plain details which I like. How many SR's on each team, anyone know about? Do they travel well to support their teams? I just have never hardly ever heard of N and VV before. All I ever knew the East having was Wynne, Batesville, and the very far NE schools by the MO border.

Raider2011

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 26, 2017, 05:31:22 pm
Man, you guys in the East explain things in great plain details which I like. How many SR's on each team, anyone know about? Do they travel well to support their teams? I just have never hardly ever heard of N and V before. All I ever knew the East having was Wynne, Batesville, and the very far NE schools by the MO border.
have about 15 seniors who get a lot of clock.

JessieP

Nettleton has a very impressive O-Line. That's what an O-Line is supposed to look like, fast stout guards and tackles that block the sun. They open holes and will beat you down. I can't remember his number but they have a linebacker who is sideline to sideline. He reminds me of Anthony Barr, a converted RB who likes hitting people. I just don't see VV sticking around for very long. VV is very improved but it's my feeling they have a bit to go yet. I see them losing the next 2, going 0-3 against the big boys and slinking into the 4th spot a little beat up. Another point is I've heard the injury bug has hit them pretty hard, the second half of the season hasn't been kind to them.

InYoGrill

Quote from: JessieP on October 26, 2017, 05:53:16 pm
Nettleton has a very impressive O-Line. That's what an O-Line is supposed to look like, fast stout guards and tackles that block the sun. They open holes and will beat you down. I can't remember his number but they have a linebacker who is sideline to sideline. He reminds me of Anthony Barr, a converted RB who likes hitting people. I just don't see VV sticking around for very long. VV is very improved but it's my feeling they have a bit to go yet. I see them losing the next 2, going 0-3 against the big boys and slinking into the 4th spot a little beat up. Another point is I've heard the injury bug has hit them pretty hard, the second half of the season hasn't been kind to them.

Line play? Several year starters? Average size of lines? It all starts with the line.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Raider2011 on October 26, 2017, 04:53:21 pm
I find it funny you down Nettleton in some form directly or indirectly at every chance you get that they are spoken of positively..this has been going on hmmmm for 8 weeks now ;D but hey whatever they'll keep playing hard every Friday all that matters!

And you think Nettleton is a top team in the state? They have 1 semi-impressice victory the entire season. I am realistic. I would much rather the east be stronger than the central, but it seems very unlikely this season. The east is somewhat down and everyone who watches football knows that. Just because Nettleton is having a good year doesn't mean you need to be blind also.

Blazer51

Quote from: JessieP on October 26, 2017, 05:53:16 pm

I hate to burst your bubble but our starting defensive line is absolutely massive, strong, and impressively quick to be so big, two . It's going to take every lineman that nettleton has to stop our defensive line, one of them is a mandatory double team of you want to block him and the other you might as well double or triple team him because that's what has been done all season and he still manages to get through the line if he isn't cut blocked. Our star linebacker should also be back this week if all goes well. Outside of him we have one other defensive lineman that tore his acl that was seeing some playing time and I believe we may have one or two other players out for the season but I don't believe they played much. Our one weakness in my opinion is secondary coverage depending on which side you throw to. But our corners play hard nosed ball and won't shy away from contact at all.

Raider2011

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 26, 2017, 07:38:30 pm
And you think Nettleton is a top team in the state? They have 1 semi-impressice victory the entire season. I am realistic. I would much rather the east be stronger than the central, but it seems very unlikely this season. The east is somewhat down and everyone who watches football knows that. Just because Nettleton is having a good year doesn't mean you need to be blind also.
there's no reason to go back and forth with you I've been down this road 😂 but hey good luck to Batesville tomorrow, next week, and the playoff!!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Raider2011 on October 26, 2017, 08:24:44 pm
there's no reason to go back and forth with you I've been down this road 😂 but hey good luck to Batesville tomorrow, next week, and the playoff!!

Guess we will just find out come playoff time.

j-mann raider 02

i hope Nettletlon is treating this like a playoff game  because a loss here and its 80% likely they go @PA  in round 1  and that the only team in 5a that will blow Nettleton out 

Nettleton is the 2nd best team in 5a  this season   and i hope raiders fans enjoy it  because next season is most likely a 5 or 6 win team   

Rampage72501

Intelligentsia

Quote from: PA Dad link=topic=153629.msg3532931#msg3532931 date=1509053rd5318
Yea, and I can remember when it was a dime.

Yes, but you're old as dirt!!

j-mann raider 02

Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 26, 2017, 08:51:13 pm
LOL

they are even with LRC   for this year   
nettleton has a dual-theat qb  2 RB 4 WR a big fast OL   most Nettleton OL  have been small  and a clutch def goal line stand at bly this team is just like the 1994 team  and they went 10-0   but that team only had a good rb and speed   

JessieP

Quote from: Blazer51 on October 26, 2017, 07:54:34 pm
I hate to burst your bubble but our starting defensive line is absolutely massive, strong, and impressively quick to be so big, two . It's going to take every lineman that nettleton has to stop our defensive line, one of them is a mandatory double team of you want to block him and the other you might as well double or triple team him because that's what has been done all season and he still manages to get through the line if he isn't cut blocked. Our star linebacker should also be back this week if all goes well. Outside of him we have one other defensive lineman that tore his acl that was seeing some playing time and I believe we may have one or two other players out for the season but I don't believe they played much. Our one weakness in my opinion is secondary coverage depending on which side you throw to. But our corners play hard nosed ball and won't shy away from contact at all.

Burst my bubble? Really? Yeah, I'm devastated. Quick question, where were those herculean manly man defensive rocks against Wynne? You see Wynne kills you with the run, this year their O-Line is slightly off. The FB is a beast and the QB is a stud, but the O-Line is off. Now when you match up an average O-Line with a massive D-Line (one of which is a mandatory double team) you have a major advantage. Surely VV took care of Wynne, help me out, with my bubble all bursted I can't recall, who won that game?

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 26, 2017, 08:55:33 pm
Yes, but you're old as dirt!!

I'm actually much older than that.  I survived Noah's flood.

FridayNightFans

Quote from: j-mann raider 02 on October 26, 2017, 08:57:51 pm
they are even with LRC   for this year   
nettleton has a dual-theat qb  2 RB 4 WR a big fast OL   most Nettleton OL  have been small  and a clutch def goal line stand at bly this team is just like the 1994 team  and they went 10-0   but that team only had a good rb and speed

Even with Little Rock Christian?  Come on. Dual threat QB = can't throw. LRCA has two better RBs and better WRs.

A reference to 1994 is a dead giveaway, this team will fold like a cheap suit come playoff time.  I just hope LRCA draws them in the first round.

Raider2011

Quote from: FridayNightFans on October 26, 2017, 09:09:55 pm
Even with Little Rock Christian?  Come on. Dual threat QB = can't throw. LRCA has two better RBs and better WRs.

A reference to 1994 is a dead giveaway, this team will fold like a cheap suit come playoff time.  I just hope LRCA draws them in the first round.
yeah a dual threat QB who has 21 passing TDs and 1 INT yeah I'll go with he can throw and a heck of a decision maker.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas