• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10 Boys

Started by BannerMountainMan, October 17, 2017, 03:50:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

As this is not even close to what will be right at the end it's just something to look at and see how wrong I was

1. Guy
2. Kirby
3. ICC
4. Midland
5. County Line
6. Concord
7. Alpena
8. Nevada
9. Shirley
10. Omaha

If you don't agree then make your own and post it.

BannerChaser95

Wonder what Deer returns. They definitely were a different team last year, but fun to watch versus Shirley.  Got a bad draw as a 1 seed last year but oh well. Anyone know?

thebigman3

After hearing about ICC I put them in the second spot and Nevada at the 4 or 5. I've never heard anything on Midland yet.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 17, 2017, 09:01:12 pm
Wonder what Deer returns. They definitely were a different team last year, but fun to watch versus Shirley.  Got a bad draw as a 1 seed last year but oh well. Anyone know?

Had 5 seniors on roster last year....idk if any contributed or not though...

BannerMountainMan

As of now taking Shirley out of top 10, maybe even top 20. One of their key players has a fractured foot and we will see how they fair when he gets back after Christmas, plenty of time to gel throughout the year.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 18, 2017, 08:53:54 am
After hearing about ICC I put them in the second spot and Nevada at the 4 or 5. I've never heard anything on Midland yet.
If they're as tall as last year, I'd move them 2 over Kirby for sure.

let-it-fly

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 18, 2017, 10:15:31 am
Had 5 seniors on roster last year....idk if any contributed or not though...
Two seniors, Reynolds and Cantrell, were big contributors.  Expect 3 juniors and 1 senior to start, not sure of 5th starter.  Will be tough inside, but light on ball handlers.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 18, 2017, 10:50:46 am
I could see that too.. but I just don't know who all they lost and brought back. Or if any kid was good moving up.

thebigman3

I would be willing to bet you could put Marvell in this list too.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 18, 2017, 11:22:29 am
I would be willing to bet you could put Marvell in this list too.
That was the most unorganized team I had ever seen. Just horrible execution for so much speed and talent last year.

LaFlamaBlanca55

Ive Heard ICC has got two move ins one from highland (their quarterback and a starting guard)  and one from westside (6'3-6'4 sophmore)  , anybody heard any truth to that? If this is true ICC is over the top now. ICC always seems to somehow bring athletes in. between guy and bay and icc, idk who the best recruiters are? 

SackAttack

Quote from: LaFlamaBlanca55 on October 18, 2017, 02:00:49 pm
Ive Heard ICC has got two move ins one from highland (their quarterback and a starting guard)  and one from westside (6'3-6'4 sophmore)  , anybody heard any truth to that? If this is true ICC is over the top now. ICC always seems to somehow bring athletes in. between guy and bay and icc, idk who the best recruiters are?
Kirby good too

NEABallftw

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 18, 2017, 12:16:23 pm
That was the most unorganized team I had ever seen. Just horrible execution for so much speed and talent last year.

Marvell is all athletes and no execution, they are the best/worst kept secret in the state because no one is willing to travel to play them and Marvell isn't willing to travel to play anyone because they want to stay hidden.  Coach Thrower refused to go play MVE last year because he didn't want to show the rest of the state what he had down in the dirty delta

BannerChaser95

Quote from: JagHog on October 18, 2017, 02:47:35 pm
Marvell is all athletes and no execution, they are the best/worst kept secret in the state because no one is willing to travel to play them and Marvell isn't willing to travel to play anyone because they want to stay hidden.  Coach Thrower refused to go play MVE last year because he didn't want to show the rest of the state what he had down in the dirty delta
I was told they have metal detectors at their gym. Tells you what kind of people are attending their games.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 18, 2017, 06:40:48 pm
I was told they have metal detectors at their gym. Tells you what kind of people are attending their games.
if you were at the first Guy/Marvell game at regionals then you would understand lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 18, 2017, 07:33:51 pm
if you were at the first Guy/Marvell game at regionals then you would understand lol

What'd I miss?

And for fun...they had a football game called this season, due to their coaches....and the actions of some of fans

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 18, 2017, 08:05:46 pm
What'd I miss?

And for fun...they had a football game called this season, due to their coaches....and the actions of some of fans
a few fans were sent out

hogman1886

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 18, 2017, 10:50:46 am

I think most of the height graduated. I think they moved up a tall freshman this year

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hogman1886 on October 20, 2017, 11:44:59 am
I think most of the height graduated. I think they moved up a tall freshman this year
if you don't know about that freshman cooper by now then you ain't been paying attention, he put on a show last year in the semis against Shirley, he willed their team almost to a state finals appearance

BannerChaser95

October 20, 2017, 12:04:33 pm #19 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:09:01 pm by BannerChaser95
Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 20, 2017, 12:02:04 pm
if you don't know about that freshman cooper by now then you ain't been paying attention, he put on a show last year in the semis against Shirley, he willed their team almost to a state finals appearance
he was all they had in the mineral springs game. They almost jacked around and lost to the third place team from that regional. Height was all they had along with him obviously. If they lost height around him. I'd keep Kirby and county line above icc

I'd like to add I'm not taking anything away from a team I haven't seen this year. The sophomore can play anywhere he wanted to. But he did seem to be their team last year. Just my thoughts.

thebigman3

I see Nevada has a 6'5 freshman.. I wonder if he's any count.

Bomberman

After watching Omaha tonight they are a legitimate top 10 team. They are much better than Concord or at least they were tonight. Decent size, well disciplined,  and make sound decisions.  They are a well coached team.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Bomberman on October 21, 2017, 09:58:26 pm
After watching Omaha tonight they are a legitimate top 10 team. They are much better than Concord or at least they were tonight. Decent size, well disciplined,  and make sound decisions.  They are a well coached team.
Concord had a starter out but yes Omaha did look good tonight.

thebigman3

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on October 21, 2017, 11:06:39 pm
Concord had a starter out but yes Omaha did look good tonight.
Concord didn't look that good against MVE

Moonshiner

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 22, 2017, 12:06:24 pm
Concord didn't look that good against MVE

How good did they look against White County Central?

Moonshiner

How do you have them now Banner?

thebigman3

Quote from: Moonshiner on October 22, 2017, 03:55:56 pm
How good did they look against White County Central?
abt the same. They won by like 1 point. Neither one of those teams are very good.

Ctucker

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 22, 2017, 06:01:03 pm
abt the same. They won by like 1 point. Neither one of those teams are very good.
well WCC plays MVE we will see how that turns out probally same as last year!

Moonshiner

White County Central is pretty darn good.  And if you saw both games you must be a Concord fan.

thebigman3

Quote from: Moonshiner on October 22, 2017, 06:52:32 pm
White County Central is pretty darn good.  And if you saw both games you must be a Concord fan.
Im not. I don't care abt either team. WCC isn't that good. Decent.

Ctucker

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 22, 2017, 10:28:38 pm
Im not. I don't care abt either team. WCC isn't that good. Decent.
call coach Koredt we have a few openings he will play u stud!

Bigleague

WCC is better than Guy

thebigman3

thebigman3

Quote from: Ctucker on October 23, 2017, 06:34:16 pm
call coach Koredt we have a few openings he will play u stud!
I'm not saying their just awful. their abt average. Not below and not above.

thechampchamp

Like I've said many times, Guy is the best team in 1A. They have too much firepower for any other team to deal with. They are absolutely dominant at the guard position and their post players give a very good one 2 punch down low. You people need to wake up and realize this team is great and will win it all AGAIN this season

Backboard Shattered

Maybe great now but can't hold a candle to the 83 Crew from WSGF

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on October 24, 2017, 05:24:53 am
Maybe great now but can't hold a candle to the 83 Crew from WSGF
speaking of WSGF. Where's daddy eagle??

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 24, 2017, 07:17:58 am
speaking of WSGF. Where's daddy eagle??
i heard a source they all the same bigman  :-\

Backboard Shattered

You heard wrong Banger! 

Backboard Shattered

All of our fans are not like the few on here that show tear ends either.  Some of us like our coaches! 

BannerMountainMan

Revised!!

1. Guy
2. Kirby
3. ICC
4. Omaha
5. County line
6. Mammoth Springs
7. Nevada
8. Midland
9.  Shirley
10. Mt Vernon

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 26, 2017, 08:27:15 pm
Revised!!

1. Guy
2. Kirby
3. ICC
4. Omaha
5. County line
6. Mammoth Springs
7. Nevada
8. Midland
9.  Shirley
10. Mt Vernon
Don't forget about Marvell. Just because they play 17 regular season games won't matter lol. Does MVE and your blue devils play soon?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 27, 2017, 06:48:18 am
Don't forget about Marvell. Just because they play 17 regular season games won't matter lol. Does MVE and your blue devils play soon?

They played Tuesday night

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 27, 2017, 06:48:18 am
Shirley won by 5 the other night

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 27, 2017, 07:41:47 am
Shirley won by 5 the other night
I have got to start paying more attention! Lol

NWA Hawg

1. County Line
2. ICC
3. Guy
4. Kirby
5. Omaha
6. Marvell
7. Nevada
8. Mammoth Springs
9. Shirley
10. Mount Vernon

hillbillyball

1. County Line
2. Guy
3. Kirby
4. Omaha
5. ICC
6. Nevada
7. MVE
8. Marvell
9. Sacred Heart
10. Shirley

thebigman3

Quote from: fann07 on October 27, 2017, 10:53:25 am
1. County Line
2. ICC
3. Guy
4. Kirby
5. Omaha
6. Marvell
7. Nevada
8. Mammoth Springs
9. Shirley
10. Mount Vernon
I like this list. but i would switch Mammoth Springs and Omaha.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 28, 2017, 08:51:19 am
I like this list. but i would switch Mammoth Springs and Omaha.
you gotta put Guy 1 until somebody beats em

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas