• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valley springs bball

Started by no mascot, September 23, 2017, 01:39:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

no mascot

What's the outlook for the 17-18 season in the boys and girls programs? Are the girls primed for another run? How's the new boys coach being received? It'll be on us before we know it!

lorettalynn

no mascot

lorettalynn

sports_lover

October 01, 2017, 09:49:50 pm #4 Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 12:32:18 pm by sports_lover
I think the poster is referring to the term "nada" which means nothing: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nada

CoolBreeze

let-it-fly

The boys will not be a state finalist, but they will not be a pushover either.  They have 4 returning starters from last year.

lorettalynn

let -it -fly you forgot the team has a new coach that has a lot do with winning, the players have to get use to his style of coaching

Hitman Warrior23

Man watching the Girls in state they are so well coached and disciplined   very impressed they return a good core with size and shooting no clue about transfers or sophomores, their tradition alone will carry them far I say they go deep this year.

no mascot

October 14, 2017, 06:20:56 pm #9 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 06:28:41 pm by no mascot
Boys and girls both revved up the engines against Western Grove last night. Groves boys should be a solid 1a team.

Head Lion

They won't see WG in the Regionals, unfortunately for them.

Hitman Warrior23

Well they are playing.  That's a plus.

drybones

Good win for Valley boys tonight.
Valley 64.
Kirby 60.

Head Lion

Unfortunately, Kirby won't be in the 3A Region 3. 8)

Googlymoogly

Quote from: Head Lion on October 24, 2017, 11:34:27 pm
well neither is Kentucky. Or Florida. Or Alabama

Moonshiner

Quote from: Head Lion on October 24, 2017, 11:34:27 pm

I guarantee you that they could compete well in it it though.

drybones

Good game tonight boys!
Valley 74
Alpena 34

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: drybones on October 27, 2017, 09:27:14 pm
Good game tonight boys!
Valley 74
Alpena 34
How are the girls doing?

drybones

Girls won big tonight too. They have all their players back from volleyball now.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: drybones on October 27, 2017, 10:18:22 pm
Girls won big tonight too. They have all their players back from volleyball now.
How many starters did they lose from last year?

drybones

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on October 28, 2017, 05:16:32 pm
How many starters did they lose from last year?
1 graduated and 1 is out with an injury.

Hitman Warrior23

tigerblood

How do yall feel about the new boys coach? I have liked what I have seen so far. He seems like he knows what he is doing. Still sad we let ole mad hatter Johnny slip through our hands, but oh well. Go Tigas!

LaFlamaBlanca55

He wasnt real popular where he came from, but that means very little really, everybody needs a fresh start sometimes. May be hard for him in a place like valley that should have high expectations every year. Dont think where he came from had many expectations. Valley always has been a great basketball school, Good luck

SCHawg

Quote from: LaFlamaBlanca55 on November 03, 2017, 10:25:16 am
He wasnt real popular where he came from, but that means very little really, everybody needs a fresh start sometimes. May be hard for him in a place like valley that should have high expectations every year. Dont think where he came from had many expectations. Valley always has been a great basketball school, Good luck
My questions would be do you cuss players?  Are you obsessed with running plays and sets everytime down the court?  Do you do ball handling and shooting drills every day?  Do you lift weights?  etc....

no mascot

Your comment is confusing.... are you saying all of those are bad things?

SCHawg

Quote from: no mascot on November 03, 2017, 11:40:14 am
Your comment is confusing.... are you saying all of those are bad things?
No some coaches do the first two only

no mascot

Lol ok! That's what I was hoping u meant!

SCHawg

So you've seen the coaches that want to run a set play everytime down where when it works he can say hey look at me.  ME ME ME

Moonshiner

Quote from: SCHawg on November 03, 2017, 12:34:18 pm
So you've seen the coaches that want to run a set play everytime down where when it works he can say hey look at me.  ME ME ME

Just curious...do you coach high school basketball, and if so how long?

TheGovernor

I think he coaches b-buddy baseball

Hitman Warrior23

November 04, 2017, 09:49:05 pm #31 Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 09:51:40 pm by Hitman Warrior23
Quote from: Moonshiner on November 03, 2017, 11:25:36 pm
Just curious...do you coach high school basketball, and if so how long?

Seriously good advice Highschool Coaches should stay off here. 
Everyone has an opinion just let it go.
It's like you should have decided to go to college to coach basketball to have an opinion on here. 

I don't exactly agree with any of the coach bashings.  If a Coach wants to call a play every time down the court so be it.  That's fine it's his job.  But a person has the right to not agree with it.   Thats the beauty of being an American and an American posting on a public forum. 

Moonshiner

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on November 04, 2017, 09:49:05 pm
Seriously good advice Highschool Coaches should stay off here. 
Everyone has an opinion just let it go.
It's like you should have decided to go to college to coach basketball to have an opinion on here. 

I don't exactly agree with any of the coach bashings.  If a Coach wants to call a play every time down the court so be it.  That's fine it's his job.  But a person has the right to not agree with it.   Thats the beauty of being an American and an American posting on a public forum.

If it's good advice, and High School coaches should stay off here,....then how will they ever get this great advice? 

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Moonshiner on November 04, 2017, 10:39:57 pm
If it's good advice, and High School coaches should stay off here,....then how will they ever get this great advice?
As I'm smiling reading this post bouncing from boxing and football and drinking a nice cold beverage.  They won't listen to the advice of a public forum if they do they need to change professions.  But yes  love the humor in your post thanks for the smile.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: SCHawg on November 03, 2017, 12:34:18 pm

When it works lol. I don't care what he says as long as it works.

ballmember

Understand that as long as boys coach don't upset parents, grandparents and school board members he will be ok.  coaching is secondary at most high schools.  Can not replace them good coaches very often.    Must be different set of rules on girls side.   

tigerblood

Man I sure do love the.........TIGAS!!!

ZoneBuster

Quote from: tigerblood on November 13, 2017, 02:20:04 pm
Man I sure do love the.........TIGAS!!!

Aren't you cheating on your Harding Academy Wildcats? Or do you have a public and private school?

Moonshiner

The 1A board has Valley beating Western Grove by 1 tonight?  Didn't they beat them 40 in the benefit game?

no mascot

There's got to be more to this story...

drybones

Valley girls 74
Woodlawn 19

Valley boys 76
Smackover 59

drybones

Valley girls 69
Drew Central 53

Valley boys 63
Drew Central 54