• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkadelphia @ Robinson week 5

Started by RyanLR, September 22, 2017, 09:29:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanLR

Arkadelphia just beat Nashville, and Robinson cruised past Fountain Lake 49-14. Gotta be the game of the week in week 5. Both teams are loaded.

AirWarren

Gonna be a fun game.

Let's go Senators.

RyanLR

So far the running backs for Robinson have been unstoppable. Whether it's Ceazar Warren, Zaytron Waits, Tyler Jones, or whoever. The lines for Robinson are much more physical this year than last year it seems. Greyson Tackett has been just as good if not better than Hunter Eskola. And the receivers for Robinson haven't been tested still. Robinson puts four very fast guys out there in the secondary. Nobody has really had success throwing the ball against them. I imagine the Badger's top notch defense will finally give Robinson a good game. The Senators won this game 46-9 last year at Arkadelphia. But both teams are very different this season.

richboy

You won't run on Arky, Nashville ran 24 times for 44 yards.

RyanLR

September 22, 2017, 10:00:46 pm #4 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:14:26 pm by RyanLR
Quote from: richboy on September 22, 2017, 09:44:04 pm
You won't run on Arky, Nashville ran 24 times for 44 yards.
Luckily they can throw it pretty good too.

richboy

Quote from: RyanLR on September 22, 2017, 10:00:46 pm
Luckily they can throw it pretty good too.
Nashville can too and look what happened to them the 2nd half after we switched coverage.

Maynard G Krebs

RyanLR

I'll definitely be attending this one and Nashville next week. Should be a packed house and lots of media coverage.

Lumberjackfan1978

prHOG13

Highly interested in this one. Arguments can be made for both sides, but I think Robinson squeaks this one out by 6 late. Two very talented teams that could both be playing after thanksgiving.

LineStepper

I think maybe Robinson but not 100 percent comfortable with the pick. I may, or may not, change my mind. I am convinced it will be a heck of a game.

Oldbadger

This one is a hard one to call.  Both have opponents records of 3-13.  Badgers have quality wins over Stuttgart and Nashville, while Robinson has quality wins over Lakeside and Fountain lake.  Badgers have scored 168 points and allowed 24, while Robinson has scored 194 and allowed 42.  So, not much can be gleaned from that info.  I think it will all be determined by how well the Badgers can defend the pass. And how well Robinson can defend the run.  Last week after the Badgers were burned a couple of times with the long pass they made adjustments at the half and picked off a couple of them. I am sure they will keep that in mind this week.  Haven't seen Robinson play so can only go by what I read on here, so, I can't make a good prediction.  But, being a homer, and knowing that the Badgers have, not only a good defense, but also a whole lot of offensive weapons, and a never-say-die attitude, I have to go with the Badgers by 7 points.

Spurfan

Should be a good one. I think the next few weeks are going to be like the a.f.c. west in pro football. Everybody is going to knock each other off. Hard to see any team going undefeated in the conference

Oldbadger

Quote from: Spurfan on September 24, 2017, 09:06:29 pm
Should be a good one. I think the next few weeks are going to be like the a.f.c. west in pro football. Everybody is going to knock each other off. Hard to see any team going undefeated in the conference
Agreed.

Overdahill

SUGARTOWN

This is definitely a big test for Robinson to see if they can beat a really good team, something that haven't done in a while. It's a big 2 weeks for them with Nashville coming to town next week.

This is no doubt the game of the week in 4A

Spurfan

Wow arky and nashville back to back. Thats a tough 2 game stretch. Could have big impact on conference seedings

mharris31696

After the nonconference I said Robinson is my favorite to win Conference because they have Arkadelphia and Nashville back to back at home. That being said I have to pick Robinson to win this one, and I'll say by 10. I hope I'm wrong though.

RyanLR

HOOTENS.COM GAME OF THE WEEK
No. 4 Arkadelphia at No. 3 Joe T. Robinson
The parade of top-10 matchups in the 7-4A continues. Undefeated Joe T. Robinson has beaten Baptist Prep and Fountain Lake the past two weeks by 100 points. The Senators led Fountain Lake 35-0 at halftime last week, and Baptist Prep 44-0 in the first quarter Week 3. Joe T. Robinson averages 351 yards weekly, usually playing on a short field after making a play on special teams or defense. Junior quarterback Greyson Tackett has completed 26 of 40 passes this season for 465 yards and six touchdowns, while junior Zaytron Waits completes 71 percent of his passes and has rushed for 256 yards and six TDs. Senior Ceazer Warren converted all three of his carries for TDs at Fountain Lake and his only carry against CAC went for a TD. Robinson rolls at least 20 players in and out of its defense "to stay fresh," Coach Todd Eskola says. "We are faster at every defensive spot than last year."  Joe T. Robinson has won five of the past eight against Arkadelphia. The Senators have won their past three games of 2017 with the sportsmanship rule in place at halftime. Undefeated Arkadelphia rallied from a 10-point deficit in the second half last week, getting past Nashville 34-24, the only points Arkadelphia has surrendered in 2017. The Badger secondary received a boost in the summer when junior safety Victor Tademy, the son of new Henderson State defensive coordinator Tony Tademy, moved from Texas. Tademy intercepted a Nashville pass. Tademy and senior cornerback Dillon Scott return kickoffs and punts. "Our defense and special teams do a good job of getting us great starting position," Arkadelphia coach J.R. Eldridge says. Junior Zion Hatley has rushed for more than 500 yards this season. Sophomore QB Cannon Turner led last week's rally past Nashville with a TD pass and run.

soccerman

What a game! I think one of these two teams will be playing in December! Both have athletes everywhere, but I think Robinson gets a win by 10. At home, plenty of talent. Good game that should come down to the wire.

richboy

Quote from: RyanLR on September 26, 2017, 05:07:10 am
HOOTENS.COM GAME OF THE WEEK
No. 4 Arkadelphia at No. 3 Joe T. Robinson
The parade of top-10 matchups in the 7-4A continues. Undefeated Joe T. Robinson has beaten Baptist Prep and Fountain Lake the past two weeks by 100 points. The Senators led Fountain Lake 35-0 at halftime last week, and Baptist Prep 44-0 in the first quarter Week 3. Joe T. Robinson averages 351 yards weekly, usually playing on a short field after making a play on special teams or defense. Junior quarterback Greyson Tackett has completed 26 of 40 passes this season for 465 yards and six touchdowns, while junior Zaytron Waits completes 71 percent of his passes and has rushed for 256 yards and six TDs. Senior Ceazer Warren converted all three of his carries for TDs at Fountain Lake and his only carry against CAC went for a TD. Robinson rolls at least 20 players in and out of its defense "to stay fresh," Coach Todd Eskola says. "We are faster at every defensive spot than last year."  Joe T. Robinson has won five of the past eight against Arkadelphia. The Senators have won their past three games of 2017 with the sportsmanship rule in place at halftime. Undefeated Arkadelphia rallied from a 10-point deficit in the second half last week, getting past Nashville 34-24, the only points Arkadelphia has surrendered in 2017. The Badger secondary received a boost in the summer when junior safety Victor Tademy, the son of new Henderson State defensive coordinator Tony Tademy, moved from Texas. Tademy intercepted a Nashville pass. Tademy and senior cornerback Dillon Scott return kickoffs and punts. "Our defense and special teams do a good job of getting us great starting position," Arkadelphia coach J.R. Eldridge says. Junior Zion Hatley has rushed for more than 500 yards this season. Sophomore QB Cannon Turner led last week's rally past Nashville with a TD pass and run.
hootens picked arky to win by 1

Nacho

Quote from: richboy on September 26, 2017, 12:26:32 pm

this is interesting to me...they have Robinson ranked higher yet they're picking Arkadelphia. This is going to be a fun one to watch!

Old Scrapper

Quote from: richboy on September 26, 2017, 12:26:32 pm
That means they flipped a coin because it's a close one to call.

Spurfan

I think this is one im trying to attend. Hope nothing comes up cause i really want to be at this one and some of the other top matchups in this conference in the upcoming weeks

scrapman

Don't think Robinson will be able to run the ball like they want to.  Also don't think the qb is good enough to give them a passing threat and he is not a threat to run. They will move it but not enough to win. That's my opinion. The thing nobody is talking about is how will Arky respond after a emotional game with Nashville. Will there be a letdown or will they show up ready to play. Eskola has said they are faster this year at every position than they were last year. Hard to believe after loosing all those D1 kids.  Then again they just graduate them and just reload from other schools. 

Oldbadger

And Scrapman, this reloading from other schools is both good and bad for LR schools.  Some schools, such as Parkview, are hurt by this movement between LR schools, legal or not.  While the rest of the 7-4A must play with what they have.  Sometimes they have legal moveins and are helped out.  The Badgers have been helped by two defensive starters who are legal moveins.  In any case, I really feel the Badgers have a chance to win this one, but it will be a good one.  How the Badgers handle the great emotional letdown after the win over the Scrappers is a very real issue.  To come from behind on a team with the pedigree of the Scrappers takes a great emotional toll.

scrapman

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 27, 2017, 09:38:48 pm
And Scrapman, this reloading from other schools is both good and bad for LR schools.  Some schools, such as Parkview, are hurt by this movement between LR schools, legal or not.  While the rest of the 7-4A must play with what they have.  Sometimes they have legal moveins and are helped out.  The Badgers have been helped by two defensive starters who are legal moveins.  In any case, I really feel the Badgers have a chance to win this one, but it will be a good one.  How the Badgers handle the great emotional letdown after the win over the Scrappers is a very real issue.  To come from behind on a team with the pedigree of the Scrappers takes a great emotional toll.
Don't know anything about the legality of anything or about Parkview. They are not in our conference nor have I heard anything about them. 2 good teams will play Friday. We will see how it goes.

Oldbadger

Some people questioned the transfer of K.  Jackson from Parkview to Robinson.  It was finally determined all was correct.  I brought that up because it hurt Parkview to lose Jackson, but it certainly helped Robinson. 

scrapman

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 27, 2017, 10:27:06 pm
Some people questioned the transfer of K.  Jackson from Parkview to Robinson.  It was finally determined all was correct.  I brought that up because it hurt Parkview to lose Jackson, but it certainly helped Robinson.
Yes...Kj was a big factor, but so were all their transfers, just like the transfers this year.

Oldbadger

richboy

About that time for some badger football 😈

RyanLR

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 27, 2017, 10:27:06 pm
Robinson has benefited from move ins for years. Mostly because of the growth of Chenal and West Little Rock in general. Add to the fact that it's PCSSD and not LRSD.

Neckred

I had Arky vs Nashville last week in a blowout and it wasn't.  The Nashville coaches finally pulled their heads out of their @#@ and played kids both ways or it would have been.  I'll take Robinson easy in this one.

scrapman

Quote from: Neckred on September 29, 2017, 10:39:05 am
I had Arky vs Nashville last week in a blowout and it wasn't.  The Nashville coaches finally pulled their heads out of their @#@ and played kids both ways or it would have been.  I'll take Robinson easy in this one.
Wow....finally......the 2 that played both ways have been all year. Shows what you know. Nice try though.

Neckred

Quote from: scrapman on September 29, 2017, 10:51:20 am
Wow....finally......the 2 that played both ways have been all year. Shows what you know. Nice try though.
Oh so Pettway has been playing both ways all year?  2 played both ways?  LOL what a joke of a coach

scrapman

Quote from: Neckred on September 29, 2017, 12:30:27 pm
Oh so Pettway has been playing both ways all year?  2 played both ways?  LOL what a joke of a coach
Are you asking??? You are the one that already made the comment about what happened.

scrapman

If you do a little research or watch a team play before running that yapper you wouldn't look so foolish to everyone.

Neckred

Quote from: scrapman on September 29, 2017, 01:03:03 pm
Are you asking??? You are the one that already made the comment about what happened.
I saw Pettway on the field on defense.  Did my eyes deceive me?

scrapman

Quote from: Neckred on September 29, 2017, 01:21:16 pm
I saw Pettway on the field on defense.  Did my eyes deceive me?
Nope...he was there.

Neckred

Quote from: scrapman on September 29, 2017, 01:26:43 pm
Nope...he was there.
So the coach finally put the only elite athlete the Scrappers have on defense?  Briliiant coaching....

scrapman

Quote from: Neckred on September 29, 2017, 01:35:58 pm
So the coach finally put the only elite athlete the Scrappers have on defense?  Briliiant coaching....
There you go with this " finally " again. That would suggest that this was the first time...secondally, what reason would you suggest he is the Scrappers best/elite player.

SCRAPYARD

~WPS~

Heard Robinson might be in hot water right now.  Looks like they may finally be caught on one their mysterious "transfers".

soccerman

Quote from: ~WPS~ on September 29, 2017, 02:12:26 pm
Heard Robinson might be in hot water right now.  Looks like they may finally be caught on one their mysterious "transfers".
Which player? Where from?

Nacho

Right now? Like today? or just this year? Because for most of us, this isn't news...but then again...it isn't like the AAA ever gets them on it? So maybe it is just rumors....

scrapman

Quote from: Nacho on September 29, 2017, 02:23:18 pm
Right now? Like today? or just this year? Because for most of us, this isn't news...but then again...it isn't like the AAA ever gets them on it? So maybe it is just rumors....
Surprise suprise...pick one

soccerman

The school district, or so I have heard, has a rule that if you live in the zone(school district) and can provide a ride to and from school, then you are eligible to go there. Not sure if this rule is correct or not or if it is still in place.

Neckred

Quote from: scrapman on September 29, 2017, 01:49:26 pm
There you go with this " finally " again. That would suggest that this was the first time...secondally, what reason would you suggest he is the Scrappers best/elite player.
Um its not very hard.  Nashville talent level is at an all time low. 

Neckred

If you think a player on Nashville has more talent that Pettway I would like to know who

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Same story every year. But where there's smoke, there's normally fire.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas