• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Searcy is for real

Started by ftbllgd7566, September 15, 2017, 10:07:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ftbllgd7566

Tonight was the first time I've been able to see Searcy play this year. They rolled over a good Morrilton team tonight 51-17. There were several predictions that had Morrilton winning by 3 scores. Searcy has the size and speed to compete with anyone in the 6A. The offense is scary good when they're in sync and the defense made plays all night. I'm excited to see how conference play shakes out. Proud alum right here!

Maynard G Krebs

Sounds like that they are for real.   As for the predictions of Morrilton winning by 2-3 scores, I think I know where those predictions orginated

ftbllgd7566

SHS was just too much for Morrilton. If it weren't for stupid penalties and a couple of turnovers and turnover on downs in the red zone, the score could've been MUCH worse.

MDXPHD

Searcy needs to beat a good 6A team before they start declaring themselves as being a legit contender. You've beaten up on some average teams so far.

PercussionMan

Props to Searcy....they apparently are much improved and have some solid skill position players.  Not to take anything away from them, but Morrilton is down this year and is very young....they also turned the ball over on downs inside the redzone at least 2-3 times that I remember.  I will be interested to see what Searcy does the rest of the season.  IF they play this well in conference, they very well could be a contender, but we will probably know one way or another in a few weeks.

ftbllgd7566

I understand and agree with your logic MDXPHD, however, Searcy is like the Hogs, they never get any love from the prediction makers and game analyzers. Yes, they need to beat a tough 6A team or 2, but Morrilton is many people's favorite to play for the 5A title this year and they were picked to win this game by 90% of people on these boards. Some had them winning by 3 tds. Give credit where it's due. They beat a good Morrilton team last night by a LARGE margin, they have the size upfront, and the speed/skill everywhere else. I'm excited to see how the rest of the season shakes out.

woopork

Quote from: ftbllgd7566 on September 16, 2017, 09:18:51 am
Morrilton is many people's favorite to play for the 5A title this year

Who picked Morrilton as a favorite for the 5A title?

woopork

Do you have the Schucker kids stats?

ftbllgd7566

Quote from: woopork on September 16, 2017, 11:04:11 am
Who picked Morrilton as a favorite for the 5A title?

According to the 5A boards, Morrilton is the real deal and are supposed to contend for the title. I saw several people pick MHS over SHS by 21 or more.

MDXPHD

Quote from: ftbllgd7566 on September 16, 2017, 12:58:14 pm
According to the 5A boards, Morrilton is the real deal and are supposed to contend for the title. I saw several people pick MHS over SHS by 21 or more.

This isn't true at all. Morrilton is barely top 5 in most of the user's polls on the 5A board.

Austin.Sutton

Quote from: woopork on September 16, 2017, 11:09:16 am
Do you have the Schucker kids stats?

I think he had 447 yards passing, 5 td's

MDXPHD

Quote from: ftbllgd7566 on September 16, 2017, 09:18:51 am
I understand and agree with your logic MDXPHD, however, Searcy is like the Hogs, they never get any love from the prediction makers and game analyzers. Yes, they need to beat a tough 6A team or 2, but Morrilton is many people's favorite to play for the 5A title this year and they were picked to win this game by 90% of people on these boards. Some had them winning by 3 tds. Give credit where it's due. They beat a good Morrilton team last night by a LARGE margin, they have the size upfront, and the speed/skill everywhere else. I'm excited to see how the rest of the season shakes out.

Well, they're like the hogs on several fronts I guess. They don't get the love because they don't deserve it. Arkansas struggles to break even since BB has been in charge and Searcy hasn't done anything since the Dacus days. They beat a young morrilton team and a Batesville team that is considered down from years past. If Searcy wants respect, they need to earn it on the field.

I have no clue where you're getting this whole morrilton competing for 5A state. Nobody is saying that. PA is the 5A champion and expected to repeat, with LRCA and Wynne as the only others people are discussing.

ftbllgd7566

Haha alright bud. I must've been dreaming it. I'm not saying searcy is a shoo in for conference or state title. All I'm saying is that they are a contender. Have you had a chance to watch them play in person?

Bigred18

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 16, 2017, 01:21:53 pm
Well, they're like the hogs on several fronts I guess. They don't get the love because they don't deserve it. Arkansas struggles to break even since BB has been in charge and Searcy hasn't done anything since the Dacus days. They beat a young morrilton team and a Batesville team that is considered down from years past. If Searcy wants respect, they need to earn it on the field.

I have no clue where you're getting this whole morrilton competing for 5A state. Nobody is saying that. PA is the 5A champion and expected to repeat, with LRCA and Wynne as the only others people are discussing.

Sounds to me like you just don't respect Searcy as a team. No matter what they do, like most people in 6a and in Arkansas. But it's always the underestimated teams they rise up to the occasion. People are treating these teams in 6a like they are the best in the country. Every team I've seen can be beat, don't count out any team that can run a offense make plays on defense and has the talent to back it up.

sportsguy80

Calm down, calm down lol. It's the end of week 3. Time will tell in the very near future.

ricepig

Quote from: sportsguy80 on September 16, 2017, 05:45:38 pm
Calm down, calm down lol. It's the end of week 3. Time will tell in the very near future.

Correct, Searcy gets Jacksonville, and then 4 in a row to define their season.

PercussionMan

Quote from: ftbllgd7566 on September 16, 2017, 12:58:14 pm

I would say out of the last 5-6 Morrilton teams, this one probably ranks as #4 or #5....I don't see them being a serious contender for anything other than a conference title....and that might not even be very realistic.  Too young right now, but watch out in the next year or two.

zebradynasty

I'm glad they are off to good start but you can't be critical of posters because they have doubts about Searcy being a contender. Searcy has only 4 playoff wins since 2001 only three since joining 6A with it's...weird playoff system . So it's not about dogging out Searcy the odds are just real long given the past history and a not too impressive non-conference schedule. Great thing is... Searcy will get plenty of opportunity to prove it!

Wildcat Football

Searcy has been impressive this year, but I agree they have to beat at least 2 quality 6A teams before I'm fully convinced.  I've seen some with Searcy ranked #2 in 6A ahead of El Dorado, JB, PB, and Benton....at this juncture could not disagree more with a #2 ranking, more realistic at #5 or 6, IMO.  But, their big QB and a decent defense is a good formula for playoff success.

Sporty

Exactly how many kids did Searcy get to move in from Augusta? Are they the biggest playmakers? just think its sad Augusta had to cancel their season

Sporty

Exactly how many kids did Searcy get to move in from Augusta? Are they the biggest playmakers? just think its sad Augusta had to cancel their season

ftbllgd7566

I'm not sure on how many came over. 2 or 3 (to my knowledge) have been great playmakers for Searcy so far. I ageee with you, it's extremely sad that Augusta had to cancel their season.

titan33

Searcy is Salty, best of luck this year!

Bigred18

Quote from: Sporty on September 25, 2017, 12:14:36 pm
Searcy has 4 Augusta players right now technically 6 but 2 of those transferred in Jr high years or before

thescout

And that can of worms has been opened.

High Voltage

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas