• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central vs. West non conference games

Started by Rob Van Winkle, August 14, 2017, 11:18:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Van Winkle

August 14, 2017, 11:18:29 am Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 04:31:54 pm by Rob Van Winkle
There are 8 games with Central vs. West non conference games and I think 5 of them will help provide a good measuring stick between the conferences.

Week 1
Conway @ Springdale-Cats looking for some revenge and Dogs trying to continue to make progress. PREDICTION-SPRINGDALE
Heritage @ LR Central-Not sure Heritage will have much at all this year. PREDICTION-CENTRAL
Har-Ber @ FSSS-Mavs got manhandled last year so you know they are looking for redemption. Question is do they have the talent to keep it close? PREDICTION-HAR-BER

Week 2
Bryant @ FV-This is the biggest matchup between the two conferences IMO. Bryant has a ton coming back and FV has lost some studs over the past 2 years. PREDICTION-BRYANT
LR Central @ BV West-Has West improved enough on D to be a true force? PREDICTION-BV WEST
VB @ FSNS-Not sure how close this will be. PREDICTION-FSNS

Week 3
Heritage @ FSSS-SS should dominate-PREDICTION-FSSS
Conway @ BV-If Conway has improved they need to show it in this game. PREDICTION-BV

I would love to see more of these games in the future.

Razorback Red

I agree that the Central vs West games are fun.  The Springdale/Conway game is a toss up IMO.  Obviously, the biggest matchup is Bryant/FHS.  If Bryant is a contender this season, they need to win this game. 

The other 6 games all have clear favorites (your picks) in my opinion. 

sportsguy80

I think Bryant comes to Fayetteville if I'm not mistaken.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: sportsguy80 on August 14, 2017, 11:07:27 pm
I think Bryant comes to Fayetteville if I'm not mistaken.

Yep my bad on that one.

7AFBFAN

Mavs will have some quality skill players this year. Several very good move in's who will contribute out of the gate. Harber will be a tough test in week one with line play. I hope they can keep it close and stay injury free. Looks like the Central has several chances this year in non conference to compete with West.

businesstron

The Central vs West matchups don't look that intriguing this year outside of Fayetteville/ Bryant and Harber/Southside. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas