• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Team Camps, Summer Sales at Sav-a-lot, and Other things on my mind

Started by Eagle_Mom_2, June 18, 2017, 09:28:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle_Mom_2

First off,  have our Lady Eagles been successful in bringing home any trophies this summer at team camps?? Where all have we played and how have we looked? I haven't been able to make it, as Sav-a-lot recently promoted me to asst. mgr. in my department. We have had HUGE sales on Brats, beer-battered frozen fish filets, and a large selection of other choices of meat to fill your grill or plant between your buns this summer! With that being said, I haven't been able to see my girl play as much as I'd like to.
Aside from that, I heard Eagle Days is making a come back. That really makes me happier than Concord sr boys at a clothing sale at Baby GAP. I mean, I'm more fired up than a mallow on a stick over a fire at a camp ground in beautiful Greers Ferry. More excited than Coach Richey sitting on a lawn mower with a box of ice cream sandwiches.

sevenof400

Eagle_Mom_2

You have no idea! I was only able to get out of my department for 7 smoke breaks today. Was running around faster than Coach  Whitaker at a belt store clearance sale. Was busier than than Todd Garrett talking to fans during live action in a game. Working harder than Coach Brown trying to chew through a towel.
I mean hectic don't even begin to describe my day.
Then.....to top it off.....I about had to go Coach Egger Explosion on a lady who wanted a Boston Butt for half price and it was still within the best by date for another 30 minutes. I mean....come on people!

Eagle_Mom_2

So, apparently Coach Richey will not be letting the girls in the gym for the next 2 weeks beginning next week. I was told this is a statewide rule...is that true? Or is he just wanting to mow a lot of yards?
And if it's really a statewide rule...why? I mean, I didn't become the best deli meat handler in the southeast region of grocery stores by taking 2 weeks away from work every summer, that's for sure. I just don't understand what this accomplishes.
I know 2 things well....working hard and winning with the green and white on. And it looks to me like we are skipping out on both of those the next 2 weeks.

OlGuyWicker

Not a conspiracy.  Page 54 of the AAA Handbook. 

D. Dead Weeks. All AAA member schools will observe an annual mandatory two-week athletic dead
period running the week prior to July 4th and the week of July 4th. During this time coaches (licensed
teacher coaches and registered volunteers) shall be prohibited from engaging in any type of activity
involving student athletes whether it be practice, training, weight lifting, competition, or travel. Further,
school athletic facilities will be closed to student athletes during this period. Schools that have the
only baseball and softball fields in the community may allow the community to use the school fields
during the dead period as long as no school teams are playing and no school coaches are coaching
the teams.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: OlGuyWicker on June 21, 2017, 10:18:09 am
Not a conspiracy.  Page 54 of the AAA Handbook. 

D. Dead Weeks. All AAA member schools will observe an annual mandatory two-week athletic dead
period running the week prior to July 4th and the week of July 4th. During this time coaches (licensed
teacher coaches and registered volunteers) shall be prohibited from engaging in any type of activity
involving student athletes whether it be practice, training, weight lifting, competition, or travel. Further,
school athletic facilities will be closed to student athletes during this period. Schools that have the
only baseball and softball fields in the community may allow the community to use the school fields
during the dead period as long as no school teams are playing and no school coaches are coaching
the teams.
No way this is real!  He had to of made that up

gamechanger11

Bigleague

Lol.  What AAA going to do. Make you forfeit all your team camp wins.

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on June 21, 2017, 10:03:43 pm
Lol.  What AAA going to do. Make you forfeit all your team camp wins.
Yeah Id hate to know Id have to collect all our third place medals that we "won" during the summer playing in Edgemont Prim and Florals team camps! Our kids would devastated to have to give back their winning third place championship medals. But they can't take away how much we improved and set ourselves up to win big in february by playing 83 games in 14 days during dead week by golly

Backboard Shattered

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas