• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardanelle Head Coach opening.

Started by Sigmund Sauer, May 31, 2016, 12:45:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigmund Sauer

May 31, 2016, 12:45:04 pm Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:48:29 pm by Sigmund Sauer
After some of the the best seasons in it's football program's history the  Dardanelle Sand Lizards will be seeking a new coach, as Josh Price heads to Stuttgart. Know any names or potential candidates?

Grand Prairie

Not sure how your administration would feel about it but Brad Bolding is looking to get back in.

LBC

Anybody on the current staff have a shot and if so, who would it be?

Beardad

I guess that will be Bad Brad's only in is with a smaller school.  Patton did the right thing by getting in immediately before being Third Railed from the profession.

Sigmund Sauer

May 31, 2016, 04:16:36 pm #4 Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 04:18:10 pm by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: LBC on May 31, 2016, 04:01:06 pm
Anybody on the current staff have a shot and if so, who would it be?
Defensive coordinator Phil Vega and special teams coordinator Shawn Walter are the 2 that come to mind as prospects. I'm not sure if the AD would make that move though.

Wonderdog

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on May 31, 2016, 04:16:36 pm
Defensive coordinator Phil Vega and special teams coordinator Shawn Walter are the 2 that come to mind as prospects. I'm not sure if the AD would make that move though.
Vega would be a good hire. Don't know a whole lot about Walter.

Gray lizard

I would like to see Vega get a shot. I am not confident in the current administrations athletic hiring ability.  Or might I say ability to keep quality coaches.  They have lost a few that have went on to win State titles or won them at Dardanelle only to make lateral moves.  I am ok if a coach takes a chance to move up, but if they are winning find a way to keep them employed.

big slop

And which coaches might u be talking about?

Sigmund Sauer

It definitely wasn't about money, in fact Price may have taken a pay cut and still remained in the same class. You can view all of the employee contracts for last year on each schools web page. Perrin made $70,000 as head coach and AD combined at Stuttgart. Price made $77,000 last year as head coach alone at Dardanelle. Duck hunting can be alot of fun though. :-\

Missco

I bet the total package was better.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

I'll be interested to see what kind of interest this gets. It's been an odd year with out of state hires keeping any dominoes from falling. There may be some head coaches that are itching to change their scenery, but I hope they give some coordinators a shot at this..PA DC Todd Wood, Russellville OC JD Plumlee, Morrilton OC Zach Watson, Alma DC Jason Reeves or OC Chris Gunter, previous Bryant OC Lance Parker, or Mena DC Craig Bentley are guys that I would think would be interested and have a shot and each have the pedigree that has prepared them to be successful as head coaches.

Lumberjackfan1978

Gray lizard

Sigmund Sauer

Full week and it has yet to be posted on the district page with all other job openings leads me to assume they may stay in house. Has to be some urgency to get a coach on site and with the Summer workouts.

coachsearch

Any word on this job, been kind of hush hush lately

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on June 01, 2016, 09:23:16 pm
It definitely wasn't about money, in fact Price may have taken a pay cut and still remained in the same class. You can view all of the employee contracts for last year on each schools web page. Perrin made $70,000 as head coach and AD combined at Stuttgart. Price made $77,000 last year as head coach alone at Dardanelle. Duck hunting can be alot of fun though. :-\
some jobs come with perks such as a vehicle, hunting membership, country club membership, and others.

beach bum

Quote from: Oldman on June 08, 2016, 02:39:42 pm
some jobs come with perks such as a vehicle, hunting membership, country club membership, and others.

And a duck hunting rifle?  :D

beach bum

The Dardanelle job comes with free Tyson chicken for life straight from the plant down the street, a cabin style home on Mount Nebo, and golf lessons from a highly drunk John Daly on his personal course.

Jimbo Morphis

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: beach bum on June 08, 2016, 02:51:18 pm
The Dardanelle job comes with free Tyson chicken for life straight from the plant down the street, a cabin style home on Mount Nebo, and golf lessons from a highly drunk John Daly on his personal course.

I could use the golf lessons in a serious way.

Lionheart88

Quote from: beach bum on June 08, 2016, 02:51:18 pm
Where do I sign up?

Sigmund Sauer

Twenty something applicants, 3 interviewed. Coach Vega was one who interviewed.

thatoneguy

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on June 13, 2016, 11:21:58 am
Twenty something applicants, 3 interviewed. Coach Vega was one who interviewed.
Any word as to who it is?

Football is Life

Decision should be made at the board meeting tonight.

big slop

~WPS~

big slop

SandRattler

Coach Vega as Head Coach was a great hire for Dardanelle Sand Lizard Football. I believe he was one of the best Defensive Coordinators in the state and will be one of the best Head Coaches in the state. Dardanelle will continue to have a successful program because the core of the coaching staff is unchanged and with Coach Vegas leadership the Sand Lizards will drive on. Go Red!!!

~WPS~

But do they have the talent to win consistently?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SandRattler on June 14, 2016, 10:54:50 am
Coach Vega as Head Coach was a great hire for Dardanelle Sand Lizard Football. I believe he was one of the best Defensive Coordinators in the state and will be one of the best Head Coaches in the state. Dardanelle will continue to have a successful program because the core of the coaching staff is unchanged and with Coach Vegas leadership the Sand Lizards will drive on. Go Red!!!
spoken like a true homer.

SandRattler

Quote from: ~WPS~ on June 14, 2016, 12:44:11 pm
But do they have the talent to win consistently?
We lost a lot from last year so only time will tell. We may not be as strong but we should be ok. Cant just stop trying because of what you lose from year to year.

SandRattler

Quote from: Oldman on June 14, 2016, 12:57:43 pm
spoken like a true homer.
Well heck yea I am a homer! Nothing to be ashamed of there. Oldman you life must really suck if you have nothing better to do than run your mouth with negative comments. We have had a small change up in coaching but got to keep a positive attitude. Otherwise I would be like you  ;)

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SandRattler on June 14, 2016, 01:15:36 pm
Well heck yea I am a homer! Nothing to be ashamed of there. Oldman you life must really suck if you have nothing better to do than run your mouth with negative comments. We have had a small change up in coaching but got to keep a positive attitude. Otherwise I would be like you  ;)
my life is great. I have one of the best jobs in the state and when I get promoted I will be one of the best in the state..

Jimbo Morphis

just having a little fun. hard to predict that a rookie head coach will be one of the best in the state before he ever coaches a game. good luck. hope you are right.

beach bum

Someone really must be the life of the party... You either don't understand oldman or have a constant stick up where the sun don't shine.

WPWells

Quote from: beach bum on June 14, 2016, 02:04:54 pm
Someone really must be the life of the party... You either don't understand oldman or have a constant stick up where the sun don't shine.
Or both

SandRattler

Quote from: beach bum on June 14, 2016, 02:04:54 pm
No sir i have a great sense of humor and yes usually the life of the party. I am sure Oldman is a great football mind with a witty personality. Ever site needs those.

SandRattler

Quote from: Oldman on June 14, 2016, 01:24:06 pm
just having a little fun. hard to predict that a rookie head coach will be one of the best in the state before he ever coaches a game. good luck. hope you are right.
Without confidence what do you have? I am VERY confident!

D-TOWN LIZARD

SandRattler I agree, yes, you are confident and yes, you are definitely the life of the party.  Coach Vega is going to be a great coach.  And the main word sandrattler said is that vega WILL BE one of the best coaches in the state.  He didn't say he was the best coach right now.  Give the man a chance to prove himself.  Oldman did you get one of the best jobs in the state without being given a chance?

GO LIZARDS!!!!!!

Marblehog

Ive been told by people that live up there the Sand Lizards will be back to reality after this last years class and the class before them graduate.  I have no idea just going by what people who live up there said. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on June 14, 2016, 03:05:59 pm
SandRattler I agree, yes, you are confident and yes, you are definitely the life of the party.  Coach Vega is going to be a great coach.  And the main word sandrattler said is that vega WILL BE one of the best coaches in the state.  He didn't say he was the best coach right now.  Give the man a chance to prove himself.  Oldman did you get one of the best jobs in the state without being given a chance?

GO LIZARDS!!!!!!
knew the right people.

Marblehog

Vega?  Is this coach hispanic?  If so this might be good since Dardanelle has so many hispanics. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Marblehog on June 14, 2016, 03:27:59 pm
Vega?  Is this coach hispanic?  If so this might be good since Dardanelle has so many hispanics. 
wow really? you a trump fan?

Jimbo Morphis

you sand lizard people need a wet county.

WPWells

Quote from: Marblehog on June 14, 2016, 03:27:59 pm

This has to be a joke. Right?

Marblehog

Well I'm certainly not a Hillary fan good grief wake up people if you are!  Its a honest question.  Isn't Dardanelle almost 50 percent hispanic?

Lionheart88

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on June 14, 2016, 03:05:59 pm

GO LIZARDS!!!!!!
There's only what, 200 other guys competing to be the best high school coaches in the state?  I'm sure he'll beat them all easily, nevermind that he's never been a head coach before.

Wonderdog

Quote from: Lionheart88 on June 14, 2016, 04:12:57 pm
There's only what, 200 other guys competing to be the best high school coaches in the state?  I'm sure he'll beat them all easily, nevermind that he's never been a head coach before.
Several years as a head baseball coach though. That should be helpful in dealing with certain aspects of the job. Parents, media, management etc.

Lionheart88

That does make more sense, thanks for the info.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Wonderdog on June 14, 2016, 05:41:06 pm
Several years as a head baseball coach though. That should be helpful in dealing with certain aspects of the job. Parents, media, management etc.
handling the media circus surrounding sand lizard baseball, impressive.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas