• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Huntsville Football Opening

Started by razorsharp94, March 17, 2016, 01:08:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorsharp94

One of the coaching legends in Arkansas has stepped down from the Huntsville Eagles to assume an AD role, Tommy Tice.  TT is going to be a great AD to work for.  What is the word on who the Eagles will be looking at as their next Head Coach.  Huntsville is a program that was successful until about 1996 and has been one of the bottom feeders of 4A/5A mainly for the last 10 years.  The Eagles need some new life and excitement around the football program. 

beach bum

They will get a good hire I believe and I agree that Tommy Tice will be great to work for anybody who is lucky enough to land this job. I hope they get a good one and keep the vibe of great coaches in the 1-4A. Tommy Tice is one of the legends in the state who epitomized class and loyalty.

Dayton Kitchens

They're only offering a 190 day contract. 

sevenof400

Although I suspect there are other school districts in this same situation, I really feel for the kids in the Huntsville School District given how spread out that district is.  I was told a good number of kids in that district have to ride busses at least one hour each way to / from school each day.  I can't imagine the difficulties some families with athletes would face in getting their kids to and from practices.

whippersnapper

Same with Lincoln as far as district size goes. They run up near Siloam springs and cedarville on Hwy 59.

Pat Swilling

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on March 17, 2016, 06:23:27 pm
They're only offering a 190 day contract.

Position Added to Base

Head Football Coach 0.40%

The multiplier takes care of the extra days:

Example:  16 years: $50,154  x  .40%  =  $70,215

Pat Swilling

Tice was more of course with AD title added:

TICE TOMMY 77,788.00

razorsharp94

All the Head Coaches at Huntsville are around $70,000.  Their base for year one bachelor only is $35,073 then add the multiplier of .4 and you get $49,102 so basically the pay for this position will be somewhere between 49,102 and 77,788.

Pat Swilling

Quote from: razorsharp94 on March 18, 2016, 10:28:23 am
All the Head Coaches at Huntsville are around $70,000.  Their base for year one bachelor only is $35,073 then add the multiplier of .4 and you get $49,102 so basically the pay for this position will be somewhere between 49,102 and 77,788.

Yes.  your correct.  but HVille won't be hiring a 1st year Head Football Coach

razorsharp94

No they won't. They do need a youth infusion into the coaching staff though.

Beaver Fever

If a coach is on a 190 day contract could he or the school get in trouble if a kid got hurt in the summer?  If he is not on contract he is not officially an employee of the school is he?  It seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

beach bum

Quote from: Beaver Fever on March 19, 2016, 06:13:22 pm
If a coach is on a 190 day contract could he or the school get in trouble if a kid got hurt in the summer?  If he is not on contract he is not officially an employee of the school is he?  It seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Most coaches have at least one month lapse out of the year... this would be the case at every school with what you are saying.

nuttinbuthogs

If the coach is on some kind of multiplier for a specific purpose, such as head football coach, seems that would take care of being in charge for legal purposes.

Beaver Fever

Really only two weeks because the other two are dead weeks.  I don't think the multiplier has anything to do with it.

Pat Swilling

Grishawg

That's one heck of a hire. Barnhill will be awesome there.

Pat Swilling

Rulesman

Played at ASU. Longtime assistant at Jonesboro, Mountain Home and Huntsville. He's certainly paid his dues. Glad to see he is finally getting a shot.

nuttinbuthogs

Wasn't he already on staff at Huntsville?  Like to see guys getting their chance after they paid their dues.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas