• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Currently, What Is Your Favorite Song?

Started by AllSmiles, January 31, 2008, 02:33:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Pharrell's "Happy"

Has a catchy tune. Downloaded it after watching Despicable Me 2 with the daughter. And the video cracks me up with the folks dancing.

DogsWin7

February 06, 2014, 04:32:58 am #1202 Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:44:55 am by DiehardFBfan
I like the older songs and bands for some reason...must be a sign I'm getting old.  It just seems like the lyrics and the sound is so much better.  Bands like The Eagles, Police, U2 etc.

I won't give up- Jason Mraz

Valleysports

DogsWin7

Thanks for wasting 2 minutes of my life on whatever that was Valley!   Who speaks Spanish?     You have questionable taste in music and I'm a very open minded person.    I hope the SXS you bought doesn't haven't a radio for your grand kids sake.

Bob Marley would have been 69 yesterday.....had many hit songs such as Turn your lights down low, Three little birds etc.

Valleysports

What you like is good - what I like is not, because you don't like it?  Who listens to the words anyway?

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on February 07, 2014, 07:17:35 pm
What you like is good - what I like is not, because you don't like it?  Who listens to the words anyway?
You mean you don't listen to the words??    Who does that?   That's stupid.   And yes...I said that's stupid!  I love instrumental music also but lyrics are an important part of artistic expression.    I enjoy the words in music.   No wonder you like certain music....you can't even understand it....Good grief.   

Valleysports

February 08, 2014, 06:52:35 am #1207 Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 07:09:19 am by Valleysports
'Royals' LORDE. 

HorseFeathers

Valley's taste in music is very random to say the least

Valleysports

February 08, 2014, 06:16:52 pm #1209 Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 09:05:20 pm by Valleysports
LOL - I'm posting the songs my coworkers are listening too, real time. #YOLO!

DogsWin7

Exactly!  #OLOY and I'm sick of hashtags too...I have to take 5 min.
and look half this stuff up...I had no idea at all the abbreviations, slang terms etc!   I'm old and I like it.   

50 years ago today The Beatles made their US Debut on Ed Sullivan.

A Hard Days Night- The Beatles
Can't Buy Me Love
Hey, Jude
I Feel Fine
Too many to list! 

Uncle Ivan

Strangely enough, I've been listening to Carly Simon lately.

AirWarren

Valleysports

February 10, 2014, 07:27:58 am #1216 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 05:02:02 am by Valleysports
 ;)

AirWarren

Id take that little car.

However my next toy will be a v8 ford mustang or dodge challenger beast.

Valleysports

February 10, 2014, 08:43:17 am #1218 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 05:01:04 am by Valleysports
 ;)

DogsWin7

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 09, 2014, 11:31:35 pm
Nobody Does It Better ;) 

I always think of James Bond.     I like several of her songs.

I listened to Ambrosia and Andy Gibb yesterday during my run....it came on the station I was listening to.   It was nice and very relaxing :)

Texarkana_Piggie

i'm hooked on amy grant's lead me on right now.  good album.  (yes i'm old i said album).  also listening to beatles 1 right now.

Valleysports

February 12, 2014, 09:11:28 pm #1221 Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 09:28:07 pm by Valleysports
Number 1 - Top 100 Hits "Afternoon Delight"  - Starland!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on February 12, 2014, 06:16:13 pm
i'm hooked on amy grant's lead me on right now.  good album.  (yes i'm old i said album).  also listening to beatles 1 right now.

Album?? Is that one of those big black thingys that you played on the umm....thing with a umm...Needle?

Or is it one of those other whatchamacallits(oddly spell check doesn't catch that one lol) with all the brown tape wrapped up in it?

C-Mac 73

Quote from: Valleysports on February 12, 2014, 09:11:28 pm
Number 1 - Top 100 Hits "Afternoon Delight"  - Starland!
I thought that was by Ron Burgundy.

C-Mac 73

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: HF on February 12, 2014, 09:15:37 pm

Album?? Is that one of those big black thingys that you played on the umm....thing with a umm...Needle?

Or is it one of those other whatchamacallits(oddly spell check doesn't catch that one lol) with all the brown tape wrapped up in it?

a few years ago i got an old lp out at school to play in my classroom.  one of my kids (kindergarten) hollered "wow that's a big cd!!"

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on February 13, 2014, 05:01:02 pm
Quote from: HF on February 12, 2014, 09:15:37 pm

a few years ago i got an old lp out at school to play in my classroom.  one of my kids (kindergarten) hollered "wow that's a big cd!!"

HaHa that's great....

DogsWin7

Kids are missing out!   I still have a lot of my records.   I'm glad I've kept them....my parents gave me theirs...so I have Elvis, Eagles, Donny Osmond, Queen, Rolling Stones....just to name a few.    Something about the sound...and hearing the click of the needle onto the album.   

I Won't Back Down- Tom Petty

sevenof400

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 13, 2014, 11:14:08 pm
Kids are missing out!   I still have a lot of my records.   I'm glad I've kept them....my parents gave me theirs...so I have Elvis, Eagles, Donny Osmond, Queen, Rolling Stones....just to name a few.    Something about the sound...and hearing the click of the needle onto the album.   

Speaking of Tom Petty, a very good song of his that isn't as well known is "A Face in the Crowd".  Give that a listen sometime if you haven't already done so.  I use it as background for slide show presentations a lot....

HorseFeathers

I've got youtube for that era :D

DogsWin7

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 16, 2014, 06:39:33 pm

Speaking of Tom Petty, a very good song of his that isn't as well known is "A Face in the Crowd".  Give that a listen sometime if you haven't already done so.  I use it as background for slide show presentations a lot....

Yes....it is a very good song!  Love Tom Petty!   He wrote face in the crowd with another great artist for writing ;).  It's on the Album I have Full Moon Fever :)    I also liked some of his songs on Great Wide Open.   

Quote from: HF on February 16, 2014, 10:45:20 pm

I've got youtube for that era :D

Thanks HF!  Lol!!   I'm not that old...well, almost.  :)

Valleysports

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 12, 2014, 03:38:07 am
Nobody Does It Better ;) 

Great tune.

I'm halfway convinced You're So Vain is about James Taylor, even if she's denied it.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 18, 2014, 03:01:45 pm
Nobody Does It Better ;) 

Great tune.

I'm halfway convinced You're So Vain is about James Taylor, even if she's denied it.

It's possible I guess.....they both certainly seemed to enjoy performing together, like with the song Mockingbird and etc.      Carly, Paul and James were together a lot collaborating on different songs. 

I Can't Explain- The Who    This came on iTunes Radio...I hadn't heard it in years...I like the mix of songs and artists they play.    It's odd how you can forget about certain songs until you hear them again years later. 

sevenof400

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 18, 2014, 03:01:45 pm
Nobody Does It Better ;) 

Great tune.

Simon said it was about Jerry Brown but between those two, there ain't much difference....

DogsWin7

I thought it had been rumored Carly was jealous of Joni Mitchell and the record deals she got by their same manager?   But the only one that truly knows is Carly.     Didn't she date The legendary Mick Jagger? 

Uncle Ivan

February 19, 2014, 12:06:54 am #1236 Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:11:49 am by Uncle Ivan
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 18, 2014, 10:39:20 pm
Didn't she date The legendary Mick Jagger? 

Jagger sang background on that song, actually.

Could be about Warren Beatty, though.  The subject has the letters A E and R in his name, for what it's worth.

Hoghead

Listening to some War tonight .......LOW RIDER !!!!

HorseFeathers

DogsWin7

Land of Confusion- Genesis

Gimme all your Lovin- ZZ Top

DogsWin7

Odd how that the song Land of Confusion was allowed years ago and it was considered anti Reagan.     Can you imagine what would be said by the Democrats today?     

We Are Young- FUN & Janelle Mona'e.

HorseFeathers

anything Johnny Cash at the moment....

Valleysports

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: HF on February 25, 2014, 07:23:33 pm

"I thought I was her daddy but she had five more"

Nobody writes like this anymore.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 25, 2014, 11:28:44 pm

Johnny was probably intoxicated when he wrote that song too.  "Ring of Fire" was a good song but I think his wife wrote that for him....odd.    He wrote many classic songs...although, I love some of George Jones songs as well.

Now....Conway Twitty.....he could write them.   Men should take lessons from his songs...slow hand etc.  ;)

"There's Nothin' Cold As Ashes After The Fire Is Gone".....Loretta Lynn she wrote many good songs as well.   

HorseFeathers

Valley i'm serious lol   i was raised on old country and bluegrass and southern gospel. . . . My parents being raised in the country in the 60's and 70's might have had a hand in that.

Valleysports

Well I was too - but Johnny couldn't sing, he just gargle through gravel!

C-Mac 73

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 26, 2014, 08:09:19 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 25, 2014, 11:28:44 pm

Johnny was probably intoxicated when he wrote that song too.  "Ring of Fire" was a good song but I think his wife wrote that for him....odd.    He wrote many classic songs...although, I love some of George Jones songs as well.

Now....Conway Twitty.....he could write them.   Men should take lessons from his songs...slow hand etc.  ;)

"There's Nothin' Cold As Ashes After The Fire Is Gone".....Loretta Lynn she wrote many good songs as well.
George Jones is my all-time favorite. "If Drinkin' Don't Kill Me" is probably my favorite.

DogsWin7

George is good!  He Stopped Loving Her Today is one of my favorites.  :)  My Grandmother got upset when The Oakridge Boys went from Gospel to Country Music...I remember her playing her 8 track tapes for me and how you had to push them down in their player...she thought George and Tammy was the best.   I liked Lorri Morgan and Keith Whitley.....along with Kenny and Dolly.   There are many good singers and writers in country music...IMO.  :)   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas