• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will be the top contender in 3A this upcoming season

Started by biglion1985, July 17, 2017, 12:17:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

biglion1985

lorettalynn

Marshall not be a contender but the will make people wonder

Bigtimebasketballfan

Episcopal, Tuckerman, Manila, Osceola, probably followed in the next tier by Marshall rivercrest Clinton and yellville summit

bobcats

I would for sure include Charleston and HA.  Maybe Perryville as well.

teachers pet

Would have said Jessieville but coach left for Hot Springs Lakeside and took best 2 players with him, oh well!

lostintheweeds

biglion1985

On the girls side I would say you can't count out valley springs or hoxieIMO

no mascot

lostintheweeds

Somebody toss out a "way too early top 10" for boys and girls...so we can poke holes in it.   😀

teachers pet

Just read in paper this morning that Jessieville will have 3 returning starters plus jr. high conference champs from last year, if course Lamb went with his dad to Lakeside.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: teachers pet on July 21, 2017, 11:40:30 am
Just read in paper this morning that Jessieville will have 3 returning starters plus jr. high conference champs from last year, if course Lamb went with his dad to Lakeside.

So did the point guard not go with him?

lostintheweeds

Quote from: biglion1985 on July 18, 2017, 09:57:08 pm
On the girls side I would say you can't count out valley springs or hoxieIMO
I have to give a little love to the Charleston girls team also.  They have talent, and are pretty deep off the bench.

teachers pet

Not according to the Sentinel Record this morning.

biglion1985

On the girls side I was going by who was in the title game last yeari don't know what everyone has

lostintheweeds

Quote from: biglion1985 on July 21, 2017, 08:06:32 pm
On the girls side I was going by who was in the title game last yeari don't know what everyone has
That's as good a starting place as any.

NEA Razorback olfan

I believe Riverside girls will return all their starters , from same region as Hoxie and VS

biglion1985

I forgot about them olfan you could throw them in the mix as well

Central AR

ECS will probably repeat. Their 2 amazing freshman are returning. They will probably start 3-4 sophomores.

biglion1985

Yeah you probably right about ECS but I hope we can do it this year

501Arkansas

Osceola boys will still be loaded gotta be a top 2 team in 3A. Also congrats to the Tri-county Rockets on finishing 2nd in the Tournament of champions in ATL this weekend. Just a summer aau team that's full with Osceola players they'll be playing this coming season.

BigMan15

I would say
1. ECS
2. Osceola
3. Tuckerman
4. Manilla
5. Prescott
6. Rivercrest
7. Marshall
8. Valley Springs
9. Charleston
10. Harding

lostintheweeds

Quote from: BigMan15 on July 25, 2017, 01:01:30 pm
I would say
1. ECS
2. Osceola
3. Tuckerman
4. Manilla
5. Prescott
6. Rivercrest
7. Marshall
8. Valley Springs
9. Charleston
10. Harding

Does Tuckerman return pretty much everyone from last season?

PapaHog

Prescott SHOULD be very good this year. Lost some kids during the year that should be back this year.

BigMan15

Head Lion

Quote from: lostintheweeds on July 26, 2017, 08:46:09 am
Does Tuckerman return pretty much everyone from last season?
i could go with this, but would replace Valley with Clinton.

Head Lion

Quote from: BigMan15 on July 25, 2017, 01:01:30 pm
I would say
1. ECS
2. Osceola
3. Tuckerman
4. Manilla
5. Prescott
6. Rivercrest
7. Marshall
8. Valley Springs
9. Charleston
10. Harding
This was the list I was referring to.

bobcats

ballmember

Don't think Valley will be close to top 10 and replace them with Clinton.   

smallybells

I think Perryville will make a stronger showing this year. All of their starters return as seniors, they have played together since peewee ball for the most part. I also heard some rumblings that there is a foreign exchange student from Brazil who is a baller floating around here somewhere.

BigLion10

Stangs recruiting out the country now, what is the world coming too

bobcats

Quote from: smallybells on August 05, 2017, 10:07:58 am
I think Perryville will make a stronger showing this year. All of their starters return as seniors, they have played together since peewee ball for the most part. I also heard some rumblings that there is a foreign exchange student from Brazil who is a baller floating around here somewhere.

I thought coach Smith's son was a starter on last year's team.  If so, did he not move with his dad to Green Forest?

Their new coach will be good for them if they will buy into his defense and a slower paced game.

smallybells

bobcats

Quote from: smallybells on August 05, 2017, 11:19:09 am
No, he was not a starter.

If he wasn't a starter he played a lot and was the 3rd leading scorer.

Lrbasketballguru

Episcopals problem will be height and getting boards as it was 2 years ago. Also , Luke grawer, a star freshman last year, transferred making this team less imposing than expected. Still should be pretty good

smallybells

Quote from: bobcats on August 05, 2017, 01:06:55 pm
If he wasn't a starter he played a lot and was the 3rd leading scorer.

I don't know where you are getting your info but that is not even close to correct.

bobcats

Quote from: smallybells on August 07, 2017, 04:09:27 pm
I don't know where you are getting your info but that is not even close to correct.

Maxpreps

no mascot

Haha! Those darn statistics getting in the way of the truth!

Basketballfan13

I bet his dad put fake stats up just to show him as the 3rd leading scorer

no mascot

smallybells

Those stats are not correct, lol. It has that Bouvret kid from France with 15 points on the season.

smallybells

August 07, 2017, 07:08:42 pm #40 Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:12:26 pm by smallybells
He didn't outscore Henderson, Johnson and I doubt Thessing on that roster either. It appears to me that maybe 3 players on that roster had stats updated regularly and one of them appears inflated and I'll leave it at that.

SackAttack

Wont matter one bit who they have coming back who graduated or who moved in! Perryville has had one relevant year in history. It will be a way down year in 3A if they are relevant in 18.

Central Ark

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on August 05, 2017, 02:50:55 pm
Episcopals problem will be height and getting boards as it was 2 years ago. Also , Luke grawer, a star freshman last year, transferred making this team less imposing than expected. Still should be pretty good

Where did he transfer to?

smallybells

Quote from: SackAttack on August 15, 2017, 09:31:07 pm
Wont matter one bit who they have coming back who graduated or who moved in! Perryville has had one relevant year in history. It will be a way down year in 3A if they are relevant in 18.

Go away troll  ;D

SackAttack

Quote from: smallybells on August 16, 2017, 12:33:49 pm
Go away troll  ;D
That second sentence in my post tells everybody everything they need to know. Third sentence is a given! Not trolling when you bringing cold hard facts that trumps opinion based rhetoric!

biglion1985

BigMan15

With the transfers and injury known now my list.

1. Osceola

2. Tuckerman
3. Jesseville
4. Manila
5. ECS
6. Prescott
7. Rivercrest
8. Marshall
9. Clinton
10. Harding

This is what you would call a very down year. Osceola is very loaded and should be a huge favorite although injurys, grades, and move ins always seems to shake things up. Im very interested to see how ECS looks without Robinson. Last year they were a young group overall and could still be a contender. Jesseville with Burlison could make a run. Manilla always plays hard and has some scorers. Charleston would normally be top 10 at least but with the loss of Ewing this team could really hurt but I wouldnt be surprised if they had some guys like Rowland step up and get them going. I still see Charleston winning District although the region should be won by Jesseville.

AmericanMan30

Quote from: Head Lion on July 26, 2017, 01:10:58 pm
This was the list I was referring to.

ECS lost three of their 5 starters. One freshman moved off, and the big guy and other guard graduated. I think they should be lower on the list like 8. Marshall graduated most of their talent, they definitely do not deserve to be named. Valley Spring post player moved to Cave City,and they lost their coach... so that really hurts them this year. They will be down. Clinton should win that conference. I think they should be top 7 on this list. Manila and osceola are easily two of the best teams in the state and deserve their spots on this list.

AmericanMan30

My Top 10

1. Osceola
2. Manila
3. Tuckerman
4. Jesseville
5. Prescott
6. Clinton
7. Harding
8. ECS
9. Charleston
10. McGehee

NWA Hawg

Quote from: AmericanMan30 on August 17, 2017, 12:47:00 pm
My Top 10

1. Osceola
2. Manila
3. Tuckerman
4. Jesseville
5. Prescott
6. Clinton
7. Harding
8. ECS
9. Charleston
10. McGehee

Prescott has top 5 talent but I doubt they make it out of the first round.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas