• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

benton

Started by beaverfan007, August 16, 2017, 11:34:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beaverfan007

Whats bentons chance of making a run for a state championship???

admorris24

Will all depend on their defense.  They will score points.  big offensive line, but a lot of inexperience on defense.  Have to replace 8 starters on defense.

2000ZEBRA

Lake Hamilton will beat them this year

Wildcat Football

LH better get a passing game, they lucked out at Benton last year with some miracle plays and benton self-inflicted wounds with pick 6....not sure they can pull it off again.  It will be fun to watch though. 

beaverfan007

Lake Hamilton will throw the around 15 times a game if not more

jay nelvin

What does Benton look like on offense this year?

admorris24

Should be pretty salty on offense.  Defense will be the issue having to replace 8 starters

DuckyDon

From what I saw...Offense has no passing attack, QB can't throw vertically, and no WRs with the speed to lengthen the field, but they do have a decent run game...defense will be decent...6 wins

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: DuckyDon on August 21, 2017, 12:11:24 pm
From what I saw...Offense has no passing attack, QB can't throw vertically, and no WRs with the speed to lengthen the field, but they do have a decent run game...defense will be decent...6 wins

From what I remember the last 3 years, Benton didn't make their living with a great vertical attack anyway.  They played salty defense, especially at LB.  Had a bruising run game.  QB was a smart game manager and they ran lots of WR screens, slants, 10 and outs.  Short passing game that ate up 7 yards a clip and marched down the field in a hurry.

rockstar

benton did not look very good against a below average LR central team, going to be a long year. they might need to play bauxite in the battle of dollar stores. instead of salt bowl.

STBruin

Quote from: rockstar on August 28, 2017, 09:23:21 pm
benton did not look very good against a below average LR central team, going to be a long year. they might need to play bauxite in the battle of dollar stores. instead of salt bowl.

Agree...saw them at team camp this summer...and was wondering if they are a .500 team...and with the injury to the soph QB, .500 maybe a stretch.

Burks

Defensively Panthers are not athletic enough to run 3-4 scheme. May squeak into playoffs.

rockstar

benton will be ok if they keep playing like they did against bryant. LR central look good to. so i was wrong on both of them being below average.

Wildcat Football

Key takeaway is either Benton has one heckuva of an offense, or the Bryant defense was way over-rated (thought they were advertised to have best defense in state?)...gave up 42 points and Benton RB Wallace romps for 5 TDs and 175 yards rushing, QB throws for 222 yards / no ints and runs for 63 yards, O-Line gives up 0 sacks.  Reviewing game on HUDL, lots of missed Bryant offensive holding penalties too and refs missed clear safety call.  This game could very easily have gone the other way. Both teams are solid though, Saline County should be hopeful come November.

WTD

Quote from: Burks on August 29, 2017, 10:42:49 pm
Defensively Panthers are not athletic enough to run 3-4 scheme. May squeak into playoffs.

What defense do you suggest for a non athletic defense? From what I saw over the summer they're doing something right in the weight room!

admorris24

Just goes to show that you cant judge anything from the benefit games.  Like I said above, Benton will score points.  their OL took control of that game in the 2nd/3rd qtr, but just could not get a stop when they needed one on defense.  Defense will continue to improve with experience.  I too thought there were a lot of missed holding calls on Bryant that kept drives alive

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas