• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Prairie Grove. Let’s get it started!

Started by AirWarren, November 17, 2017, 09:10:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack1990

Romeo

Treylon Burks is a walking Union Bank and Trust ad.

Jack1990

Had the privilege of meeting some of the PG broadcast crew and some of the nicest guys I've met in the pressbox. Top notch guys. Hope to play y'all
again in the future.

JasperCountyNative

Ok, maybe you guys covered this already, but what exactly happened on the last play of the 1st half? 

Jack1990

We wondered the same thing in the press box. We guessed some kind of fumblerooski or something. Never got a definitive answer.

AirWarren

Congrats to PG on your season.

Safe travels and I hope you enjoyed your trip to Warren.

JasperCountyNative

Yeah, whatever it was, it lasted what 12 seconds? :(

LJ06

Great season PG! It's been a pleasure playing you guys the past two seasons. Great program and class acts. Safe travels home and best of luck in the future.

livingwithcause

Thank you to everyone from Warren, especially the guys in the press box! And a big thanks to everyone who tuned in the PGTigersOnline. Was a great year! Warren, go win state! And whoever has connections with Burks, please tell him to be a Razorback. :P

beach bum

Did not get to watch the game, but it appears it went in the ball park of what most of us thought it would.... Good luck Warren next week. Should be a dandy, but I got.... Warren 28 Robinson 21

Superjack45

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 24, 2017, 09:45:47 pm
We wondered the same thing in the press box. We guessed some kind of fumblerooski or something. Never got a definitive answer.
. The QB lined up under the wrong person and said hut and center just stood there with the ball and got tackled.

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on November 21, 2017, 02:35:21 pm
I know it's only Tuesday but with the Thanksgiving festivities and travel to come this week I wanted to go ahead and get my prediction out there.  I enjoyed success with the Ozark prediction, nailing the score exactly, 49-14.  I'm not going to say I'll be THAT good this week, but I have a pretty good feeling as to how this game is going to shape out.  I went back over the weekend and watched the Warren/Prairie Grove game from last year.  Man, al I can think of when watching that is one word: mismatch.  Prairie Grove was last year and is this year, a GOOD team, but in football, it's all about match-ups and Warren is an absolute nightmare in regards to mismatch potential.  Watching last year's game I saw the Tigers best DB, what was supposed to be a pretty efficient lock-down corner in Disney get absolutely taken to the woodshed by Burks.  Burks looked uncoverable in that game.  Throw in McKnight and it was just a deadly combination for the Jacks who also played some pretty ferocious defense against PG. 

Fast forward to this season and there is only one stark difference I see in this year's game as opposed to last year--Warren's QB play.  Now, this is not a Kinnard bashing session, in fact the first thing I want to do is put my FULL support behind Kinnard.  What we have to remember Warren fans is that Hayden wasn't the player he was last year as a senior that he was in 2015 as a junior.  He matured A LOT from '15 to '16 and it paid in spades for Hembree and the team.  Kinnard is in the same boat this season as a junior.  He's learning on the job and so far, has done a really good job for the Jacks.  Kinnard isn't going to be the pocket passer that Hayden was against Prairie Grove where he put on a clinic in throwing the football.  Lassiter dropped dime after dime in to his WRs last year and really helped put the game on ice for Warren.  If there's one thing Kinnard brings to the table that Hayden didn't is pure speed.  Hayden was a very physical and efficient runner but he didn't bring the speed and athleticism that Kinnard has.  It's about trade-offs with the QB position this season.  Kinnard isn't the dead-eye, accurate downfield thrower that Hayden was, but if he breaks containment and gets into open field, he's basically another RB for Warren with speed, skill and all the intangibles you want in a ball carrier.  My question though, will he be able to hang in the pocket, or roll out in order to still make the throws to our WRs who I have no doubts will be open.  Prairie Grove has a very good defense, but their specialty has been stopping the run, not so much the pass.  I would expect the Warren WRs to have their opportunities in the passing game, we just need the ball to get there.

Defensively I don't think Prairie Grove could have drawn a worse opponent.  The strength of this Warren team, unlike some of our teams of the past, is stopping the run.  Simply put, teams have had little to no success running the ball against Warren all season.  Our front 7 are all big, quick and athletic and swarm to the football.  If there was one "weakness" I'd say it's our secondary because it's been largely untested this season after Week 1.  Fortunately, our DBs are still athletic enough to close on any ball that hangs up there too long.  I know passing is NOT PG's specialty, but it might be their only hope for some success Friday night.  I just cannot, in good faith, say that the Tigers will be able to run the ball against Warren with any consistency.  Abshier is certainly a coach I have a great deal of respect for because he's built a consistent winner in Prairie Grove and I know he's got a gameplan put together but I don't know where he's going to try to exploit this Warren team because looking at them, at this point in the season, there aren't any obvious weaknesses.  I would think one goal would be to try to pressure Kinnard and see if he'll make some bad decisions, but you run the risk of him gashing you with a long run if you miss that first tackle or two.  Plus, when all else fails, Warren can resort to their "Elephant" package which has to be AVERAGING somewhere around 10 ypp this season.  I've watched every single Warren game this season and when they roll out that package I've never seen them stopped for a gain less than 6 yards.  It's deadly efficient. 

So, I've said all of that to say this.  I respect Prairie Grove, the program, Coach Abshier and all they've accomplished this season but unless they've added an entire new secondary, I don't see how they slow Warren down.  Even though stopping the run has been their bread and butter I still think Warren will have success on the ground as well.  This Lumberjack team is on a mission right now, having mercy ruled their last 9 opponents.  I don't know if they'll get the mercy rule in this one (remember, it was 28-14 at half last year), but I think the Lumberjacks will distance themselves early and never look back.  I don't see Bo and Company having to sweat this one out.  I hate to do it to PG two years in a row, but I don't see Warren dropping this game.  A win would likely set-up a TREMENDOUS game next weekend in West Little Rock against Robinson.  But, first things first, Jacks dispose of the Tigers.  Looking forward to watching this game LIVE FROM THE STANDS AT JIM HURLEY JR. STADIUM!  So excited about being home for some Lumberjack Football!

Warren 42
Prairie Grove 14

-Kyle

Just saying...... if we don't fumble the ball with about 4 minutes left at the PG 10 yard line we likely punch in it to make it 42-13. Oh well, either way, Warren wins. Congrats to Prairie Grove on. Great season. Those boys fought their tails off and played Warren as tough as anyone has all season for a half. Very impressive defensive and offensive effort for those first 24 minutes. In the end Treylon Burks just proves to be too much. Kid is a once in. Generation type talent. If you haven't come out to watch him play yet, do yourself a favor and pay for a ticket. He's worth the price of admission.

Looking forward to an all-out war against Robinson in West Little Rock next Friday night. Should be the best 4A game of the season. I'll post my thoughts on that on later this week! Congrats Warren on another big-time win. Safe travels home PG players, coaches and fans!

-Kyle

RZback

Good season for the Tigers.  Tough team to play and tough place to play. 

JasperCountyNative

Quote from: Superjack45 on November 24, 2017, 10:41:56 pm
. The QB lined up under the wrong person and said hut and center just stood there with the ball and got tackled.

Thanks!  That explains a lot.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas