• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-4A Playoffs Week 2

Started by PokeyRedskinStudentScout, November 13, 2017, 02:46:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

November 13, 2017, 02:46:44 pm Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 02:51:09 pm by PokeyRedskinStudentScout
We only have two teams left representing NEA in the 4A: Gosnell and Pocahontas. The Redskins' win was arguably the biggest upset of the week, dismantling the #2 seed from the 8-4A Dumas 56-16. Gosnell, even though I said they would lose, had an expected win over Malvern, also overpowered a south AR team with a 61-24 win.
Pocahontas @ Ashdown: The Redskins head southbound again, this time going west to the Texas border to play a Ashdown team down with injuries. If the Redskins can come out and play like they did against Dumas, I don't think any team in the state can beat them. That being said, the Panthers present a speed issue against a relatively slow Redskins D. I think the Big Red Machine of NEA comes out firing and doesn't let off the gas. I think Mr. Devon Adams can have himself a big game, even against Ashdown's strong defense.
Redskins- 34 Panthers-21
Heber Springs @ Gosnell: The Panthers come off a 3 point triumph over Gravette, with their defense allowing 46 points. Special teams saved Heber, and with the defense having trouble stopping Gravette, I think have more trouble against the infamous Double Wing.
Pirates- 43 Panthers- 26

Rugman15

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on November 13, 2017, 02:46:44 pm
We only have two teams left representing NEA in the 4A: Gosnell and Pocahontas. The Redskins' win was arguably the biggest upset of the week, dismantling the #2 seed from the 8-4A Dumas 56-16. Gosnell, even though I said they would lose, had an expected win over Malvern, also overpowered a south AR team with a 61-24 win.
Pocahontas @ Ashdown: The Redskins head southbound again, this time going west to the Texas border to play a Ashdown team down with injuries. If the Redskins can come out and play like they did against Dumas, I don't think any team in the state can beat them. That being said, the Panthers present a speed issue against a relatively slow Redskins D. I think the Big Red Machine of NEA comes out firing and doesn't let off the gas.
Redskins- 34 Panthers-21
Heber Springs @ Gosnell: The Panthers come off a 3 point triumph over Gravette, with their defense allowing 46 points. Special teams saved Heber, and with the defense having trouble stopping Gravette, I think have more trouble against the infamous Double Wing.
Pirates- 43 Panthers- 26

Ashdown by 21 or more

Redskin2015

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on November 13, 2017, 02:46:44 pm
Pocahontas @ Ashdown: The Redskins head southbound again, this time going west to the Texas border to play a Ashdown team down with injuries. If the Redskins can come out and play like they did against Dumas, I don't think any team in the state can beat them. That being said, the Panthers present a speed issue against a relatively slow Redskins D. I think the Big Red Machine of NEA comes out firing and doesn't let off the gas. I think Mr. Devon Adams can have himself a big game, even against Ashdown's strong defense.
Redskins- 34 Panthers-21
Pirates- 43 Panthers- 26
Saying any team in 4A is awfully bold my friend, but Redskins come out swinging again this week and beat a solid ashdown that without injuries would have a chance to be competing for a state title Redskins-36 panthers 24

Redskin2015

Pirates-40 panthers-22 time of possession plays a big factor

bigchief72455

The Skins are going to need to play 2 solid halves of football to get the win. The Panthers are down but by no means out. Their freshman qb was very effective againdt Trumann's defense last week. Toe Skins secondary will need to be on alert and the dline has to penetrate and cause as much chaos in the backfield as possible. If they can keep that momentum the I say Redskins 21 Panthers 16. If the Skins walk in still flying high from last week it will be a bad night. Heber Springs  played a close game recently with Batesville SS.  I think their game with the Piratrs will be a close one. Pirates 24 Panthers 21.

Redskin2015

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 13, 2017, 10:34:24 pm
The Skins are going to need to play 2 solid halves of football to get the win. The Panthers are down but by no means out. Their freshman qb was very effective againdt Trumann's defense last week. Toe Skins secondary will need to be on alert and the dline has to penetrate and cause as much chaos in the backfield as possible. If they can keep that momentum the I say Redskins 21 Panthers 16. If the Skins walk in still flying high from last week it will be a bad night. Heber Springs  played a close game recently with Batesville SS.  I think their game with the Piratrs will be a close one. Pirates 24 Panthers 21.
to win the Redskins have to make little to no mistakes, they need to come out up tempo, and they need to come out hitting hard.  watching the truman ashdown film truman was a broken arm tackle away on several plays that would've broke for big yards if pokey runs through those arm tackles it could be a long night for ashdown

panthers fan

November 14, 2017, 12:07:36 pm #6 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:57:17 pm by panthers fan
Quote from: Redskin2015 on November 13, 2017, 03:43:54 pm
Pirates-40 panthers-22 time of possession plays a big factor

I'm not sure what time of possession was last week for Trumann vs Ashdown. Pretty sure Trumann won. In the end it didn't matter. Ashdown can score quick.

bigchief72455

Quote from: panthers fan on November 14, 2017, 12:07:36 pm
I'm not sure what time of possession was last week for Trumann vs Ashdown. Pretty sure Trumann won. In the end it didn't matter. Ashdown can score quick.
I think this was a comment on the Gosnell and Heber Springs game. Heber Springs mascot is also the Panther.

panthers fan

Ok. My bad. I was just thinking about the Trumann game. Ashdown went 3 and out, then scored in something like 2 plays to go up 7-0. Trumann went on a 18 play drive that took 10 minutes to score their TD to tie it.

bigchief72455

Quote from: panthers fan on November 14, 2017, 01:59:41 pm
Ok. My bad. I was just thinking about the Trumann game. Ashdown went 3 and out, then scored in something like 2 plays to go up 7-0. Trumann went on a 18 play drive that took 10 minutes to score their TD to tie it.
Gosnell runs the same offense as Trumann.

cuckoobird

Time of possession is the most useless stat in football. Who cares if it takes you 8 minutes to drive 60 yards? The only thing that matters is did you walk away with points. Heber can have the ball 5 minutes the entire game and put up 45 points. They are the fastest team you have seen all year, I promise you that

Redskin2015

November 14, 2017, 02:35:42 pm #11 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:42:45 pm by Redskin2015
Quote from: cuckoobird on November 14, 2017, 02:13:23 pm
Time of possession is the most useless stat in football. Who cares if it takes you 8 minutes to drive 60 yards? The only thing that matters is did you walk away with points. Heber can have the ball 5 minutes the entire game and put up 45 points. They are the fastest team you have seen all year, I promise you that
It took an all out preform ave from one kid for them to even make it past the first round, and when your offense is based around running the ball and you have a good defense time of possession can win you the game

Redskin2015

Redskin2015

I really don't see that Heber Springs kid having huge games like that back to back 3 treturn tds 1 rec for td 1 pr that setup a score and an interception to when the other team was driving in for a score to close the game they barley made it out of last week they won't make it out of this week

Ghs21

I think Osceola is the fastest team we've seen all year  I don't know if Heber has more speed then then

Redskin2015

Quote from: Ghs21 on November 14, 2017, 02:42:12 pm
I think Osceola is the fastest team we've seen all year  I don't know if Heber has more speed then then
If gosnell continues to play how they have these past few games they win by at least 2 touchdowns it took a miracle performance to win the first round

cuckoobird

They had such a big game because gravett hadn't seen that kind of team speed either. Just wait, you'll be saying ole cuckoo was right at about 8:00 Friday night

Ghs21

We will see. You know Gosnell is a pretty fast team as well right

cuckoobird

Lumberjackfan1978

Think this will be a pretty close game

snap crackle

Well that is slow

Redskin2015

Quote from: snap crackle on November 14, 2017, 09:28:30 pm
Well that is slow
Lol just because they don't run no huddle and drain the clock doesn't mean the players aren't fast

ISU7

Quote from: Ghs21 on November 14, 2017, 02:42:12 pm
😱

Redskin2015

Almost game day! Go Pirates and Redskins

Hatchet

Quote from: Redskin2015 on November 14, 2017, 11:17:58 am
to win the Redskins have to make little to no mistakes, they need to come out up tempo, and they need to come out hitting hard.  watching the truman ashdown film truman was a broken arm tackle away on several plays that would've broke for big yards if pokey runs through those arm tackles it could be a long night for ashdown
Please don't compare your backs to Gartman.  Pokey RB's arent even close the caliber athlete Gartman is or any other back from the top 3 teams in your conference. 

bigchief72455

Quote from: Hatchet on November 17, 2017, 09:20:42 am
Please don't compare your backs to Gartman.  Pokey RB's arent even close the caliber athlete Gartman is or any other back from the top 3 teams in your conference.
Which conference?

bigchief72455

But then there is #3.

Redskin2015

I believe it was said to me about truman that they was not playing with the same intensity so that's on the players unless you come to give it your all every single night you're not very high caliber and your not gonna get many looks from the next level that goes for any level of any sport pokeys feature back is a 10th grader and he's already made it to the second round how many times has Gartman done that?

Redskin2015

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 17, 2017, 10:30:52 am
But then there is #3.
That's the number I was eluding too in my statement if you're diving at his legs for an arm tackle he's gonna find a way to make you miss them he turns on the jets

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Tonight could be a long night for Ashdown's defense if they try to arm or ankle tackle, especially if the running game is on point like last week

Redskin2015

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on November 17, 2017, 10:43:39 am
Tonight could be a long night for Ashdown's defense if they try to arm or ankle tackle, especially if the running game is on point like last week
+1

panthers fan

I think Ashdown had that issue last week against Trumann during that long drive that Trumann scored. They corrected it and Trumann didn't score anymore the rest of the game. They were hitting them in the backfield but they would break the tackle.

TBone70

Come on boys, you got this. Go Pokey, Go Gosnell. Take it to the 3rd round.

Ghs21

It looks like Gosnell has a lot more speed than never springs up 29 to 0 at half

bigchief72455

Ashdown 12
Pocahontas 7
Halftime

Pokey03

Skins having difficulties with penetrating the Panthers D line. Ashdown is very quick

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas