• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardanelle @ Joe T Robinson Round 2

Started by RyanLR, November 10, 2017, 09:45:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanLR

The Sand Lizards just got done pounding Riverview 42-10. Robinson comes out of their bye week with everyone healthy. Should be a great game!

beach bum

Quote from: RyanLR on November 10, 2017, 09:45:49 pm
The Sand Lizards just got done pounding Riverview 42-10. Robinson comes out of their bye week with everyone healthy. Should be a great game!

Robinson 42-14

Lizard47

Quote from: beach bum on November 10, 2017, 09:46:11 pm
Robinson 42-14
I hope we can do a little better than that. I know y'all are beast this year. We'll throw down with all we got, physical as always. We'll see how it goes.

Redskin2015

RyanLR

Watching the game last night the Sand Lizards have a very physical, big O-line and some good backs. I don't think I'd be scared of their QB throwing that much. Defensively they really contained some really good skill players, and forced at least 5 turnovers that I can think of. The Senators have never really been in this position coming off of a bye week, but the practices looked pretty intense leading up to it. They went good on good all week.

The Ref

nastynice

Quote from: RyanLR on November 11, 2017, 11:17:10 am
Watching the game last night the Sand Lizards have a very physical, big O-line and some good backs. I don't think I'd be scared of their QB throwing that much. Defensively they really contained some really good skill players, and forced at least 5 turnovers that I can think of. The Senators have never really been in this position coming off of a bye week, but the practices looked pretty intense leading up to it. They went good on good all week.

That's hard to do when 10 out of 11 go both ways.

Lizard47

Quote from: nastynice on November 11, 2017, 02:37:30 pm
We know that feeling too, a few years ago we had a ton of depth, not so now.

Pintailkiller

Robinson does not have 10 out of 11 going both ways.
Some starters play both sides, but Joe T can go good on good at any time.
Depth is not an issue.

Sigmund Sauer

November 11, 2017, 07:29:25 pm #9 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 07:34:10 pm by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: Pintailkiller on November 11, 2017, 06:26:28 pm
Robinson does not have 10 out of 11 going both ways.
Some starters play both sides, but Joe T can go good on good at any time.
Depth is not an issue.
Uh, yeah....not sure he was talking about Robinson, maybe more so the 4-4A teams in general, not much depth these days. Numbers mediocre.

snap crackle

RyanLR

Matt Howard the center rotates on the D-line, Warren plays both ways, Page plays both ways, Noah Taylor rotates, and Traveon James the receiver plays nickel back when they rarely go to it.

Lizard47

Quote from: snap crackle on November 11, 2017, 07:59:01 pm
Way too much for Dardy
What goes around comes around, the last time we played at Robinson the shoe was on the other foot. And the year after at our place too. Like I've said before, I know they haven't forgotten and it is what it is. They will most likely get their revenge, all we can do is take our best shot.

nastynice

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on November 11, 2017, 07:29:25 pm
Uh, yeah....not sure he was talking about Robinson, maybe more so the 4-4A teams in general, not much depth these days. Numbers mediocre.

Thanks Sig. This was exactly what I was referring to.

RyanLR

Quote from: nastynice on November 12, 2017, 04:03:48 am
Thanks Sig. This was exactly what I was referring to.
Oh I thought you meant Robinson going both ways.

Scooter2121

The Gizzards have no chance!!!! Senators by 28

Lizard47

Quote from: Scooter2121 on November 12, 2017, 02:11:37 pm
The Gizzards have no chance!!!! Senators by 28
Every week with this guy..............

Untimeddown

Will the buses run around LR over the Thankgiving break?

lizard1989

Glad to see Scooper0000 back!!! If the Lizards have "no chance"....Why only beat by 28??

Lizard47

Quote from: lizard1989 on November 12, 2017, 05:50:20 pm
Glad to see Scooper0000 back!!! If the Lizards have "no chance"....Why only beat by 28??
I don't think he's even right about that. Robinson is stout this year but Dardy's 3 losses to good teams come by a combined total margin of only 15 points. Let's hope the Lizards dig down deep and get extra salty for this one. I'd love to see a good brawl in the Rock.

lizard1989

I  think that it will be a good game and be a tough fought game. 

scrapman

Quote from: Untimeddown on November 12, 2017, 04:22:37 pm
Will the buses run around LR over the Thankgiving break?
They better to pick up guys from all ends of LR. 

snap crackle

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapman on November 12, 2017, 07:52:47 pm

You keep talking about this for some reason. Let it go man.

Maynard G Krebs

Joe T wins this one.  Won't be their usual cakewalk though

Scooter2121

Quote from: lizard1989 on November 12, 2017, 05:50:20 pm
35-0 till the Gizzards score a late TD.

Lizard47

Quote from: Scooter2121 on November 13, 2017, 11:52:29 am
I think it was more or less a rhetorical question. Your predictions are usually inaccurate at best anyway.

Gray lizard

I would give Dardanelle a good shot in this game.  Robinson should be favored, but if Dardanelle can play with out turnover and costly holding flags they have a good chance at the upset.
This team has been in this situation before and came out on top.  That being said I don't think Robinson will be overlooking Dardanelle.

nastynice

I think it'll be very close 1st half and if Joe T wins big, it'll be in 2nd half. Any outcome what so ever won't surprise me. Dardy will put up a fight.

lizard1989

I assume that Scooper's favorite team is who happens to be playing Dardanelle that week?

RyanLR

Quote from: scrapman on November 12, 2017, 07:52:47 pm
Are we talking school buses or Central Arkansas Transit?

lizard1989

Quote from: nastynice on November 13, 2017, 01:18:15 pm
I think it'll be very close 1st half and if Joe T wins big, it'll be in 2nd half. Any outcome what so ever won't surprise me. Dardy will put up a fight.

I completely agree with you.  This thread should be about the young men on both teams.  I got caught up in the other things that have nothing to do with the game.  I am not on here to bad mouth any of the teams or the players.  They have fought hard to get here and as a Lizard, I am pulling for them to win.  I have watched every game this year and I have seen nothing but heart and determination form this group.

RyanLR

The D-Line for the Senators has been one of the most dominant position groups Robinson has ever had. The combination of DE Zach Williams (6'4, 225, 4.57), NG Will Brown (5'11, 285, 4.9), DT/C Matthew Howard (5'11, 289, 5.3) and DE Davis Wofford (6'0, 220, 4.89) have wreaked havoc in opposing backfields all season. All four have offers to play college ball at various levels. This is going to be the key matchup for Dardanelle and anyone else that plays the Senators is trying to block these four.

Top Shelf

Quote from: Scooter2121 on November 13, 2017, 11:52:29 am
very conservative..  I would suggest the final spread will be 35

Top Shelf

Regional Powerhouse- 42
Needs some RHS move ins- 7

Redskin2015

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 13, 2017, 12:14:39 pm
I would give Dardanelle a good shot in this game.  Robinson should be favored, but if Dardanelle can play with out turnover and costly holding flags they have a good chance at the upset.
This team has been in this situation before and came out on top.  That being said I don't think Robinson will be overlooking Dardanelle.
Game will be close for sure even if the score doesn't look it

Top Shelf

Very welcoming to student atheletes- 42
Nobody wants to go to school there- 7

Gray lizard

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 15, 2017, 12:57:43 pm

You can't leave that stuff for Nashville post.

Da_CountiesFinest

A lot of optimism coming from the Dardanelle folks.  Based off Robinson losing to Pea Ridge and Warren the past two years in the playoffs.   Should be interesting to see the result Friday night.  Surely Robinson can past Dardanelle

Redskin2015

Quote from: Da_CountiesFinest on November 15, 2017, 01:24:40 pm
A lot of optimism coming from the Dardanelle folks.  Based off Robinson losing to Pea Ridge and Warren the past two years in the playoffs.   Should be interesting to see the result Friday night.  Surely Robinson can past Dardanelle
Robinson has picked up a reputation of not performing in the playoffs but you definitely can't base everything off of that, which team wants it more

nastynice

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 15, 2017, 12:57:43 pm

Dardy has more students than Joe T and Nashville......

Lizard47

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 15, 2017, 12:53:10 pm
Regional Powerhouse- 42
Needs some RHS move ins- 7

You do realize you are touting the Senators as a regional powerhouse to a team they have never beaten. I realize they are very good this year but the proof ain't in the pudding yet.

Top Shelf

Quote from: Lizard47 on November 15, 2017, 05:41:59 pm
You do realize you are touting the Senators as a regional powerhouse to a team they have never beaten. I realize they are very good this year but the proof ain't in the pudding yet.
Oh no, sorry I didn't realize that..

John Daly- 7
Keith Jackson- 42

Lizard47

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 15, 2017, 06:53:12 pm
Oh no, sorry I didn't realize that..

John Daly- 7
Keith Jackson- 42

Dardanelle's playing Parkview?

The Coach

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 15, 2017, 07:15:56 pm
Dardanelle's playing Parkview?

I'm sure some of them played at Parkview before robinson

Top Shelf

Quote from: The Coach on November 15, 2017, 08:29:12 pm
I'm sure some of them played at Parkview before robinson
I think you're on to something..

scrapman

Lizard47

Quote from: scrapman on November 15, 2017, 08:46:22 pm
They are playing half of little rock

We don't care, we play with pride, we play with whoever we have. We will meet them in battle nonetheless.

SUGARTOWN

November 16, 2017, 05:51:16 am #49 Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 05:57:24 am by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: scrapman on November 15, 2017, 08:46:22 pm
They are playing half of little rock

Somebody's jealous...don't be hatin'  :D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas