• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkadelphia vs. Helena-West Helena.

Started by Nacho, November 06, 2017, 03:09:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho

What do you guys think about this match up. Honestly, I do not know anything about HWH, they don't seem to have a lot of posters on here.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Nacho on November 06, 2017, 03:09:07 pm
What do you guys think about this match up. Honestly, I do not know anything about HWH, they don't seem to have a lot of posters on here.

They had a few posters when they were undefeated earlier in the year. This won't be much of a game. They have a big line with some speed, but can't throw the ball very well. RB is pretty good, but their good athletes don't really make up a good "team". Same story pretty much every year.

Lizard47

I'll vouch for that, we had them first round last year. They seem to have all the pieces but not the discipline to put them together. It was a forty something to twentyish win for us.

mharris31696

Two years ago when 4 seed Arkadelphia went to 2 seed HWH the Badgers won 51-19. They were big but really couldn't move the ball much at all. Arkadelphia should roll easy but the last time we faced a 5 seed at home we know what happened.

richboy

Heard arkys 9th grade star busta will be playing friday. mom gave the go ahead.

hogfan10

Quote from: richboy on November 06, 2017, 09:28:27 pm
Heard arkys 9th grade star busta will be playing friday. mom gave the go ahead.

He played in mop up duty last week against malvern. Had 68 yards on 4 or 5 carries I think.

Little Bear

Same story    different year for HWH.   Speed and size to match anybody but very average team    Badgers will roll but may give up a big play or two if they let the QB or RB for Helena find a seam.    Helena won't kick extra points so they always go for two. 

Arkadelphia 56 -12

dhen

Its going to be a long night for my COUGARS.

03Badger

richboy

Its about that time for some badger football 😈

nomorewhining

Arkadelphia has the best defense I saw this year...... I think it may carry them to the state championship.

Arky 35
HWH 0

dhen

Nacho

Quote from: dhen on November 10, 2017, 12:10:50 pm
What's Arkadelphia radio station

Locally is 106.9 fox sports Arkansas
Www.foxsportsarkansas.com no live stream just radio

AHS06

Prayers from Texarkana.   Just seen 3 HWH buses in an accident headed towards Arky

flow51

November 10, 2017, 04:52:21 pm #14 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 04:57:00 pm by flow51
Is this game still on? Saw a wreck at the 116 involving 3 West Helena school busses? Prayers for all involved

beach bum

Quote from: flow51 on November 10, 2017, 04:52:21 pm
Is this game still on? Saw a wreck at the 116 invoking involving 3 West Helena school busses?

Not good.... They are reporting no injuries as of now. I hope that is true and all the kids are safe!

Lizard47

Quote from: AHS06 on November 10, 2017, 04:51:04 pm
Prayers from Texarkana.   Just seen 3 HWH buses in an accident headed towards Arky
Is this legit? Hope everyone is alright, thoughts and prayers from Dardy

Ladyfan

Quote from: Lizard47 on November 10, 2017, 04:54:44 pm
Is this legit? Hope everyone is alright, thoughts and prayers from Dardy

Yes, legit. A few kids are going to hospital for minor injuries.

mossflyer

Do we know if this was the football team or band/spirit squads?

richboy

November 10, 2017, 05:24:01 pm #20 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 05:27:41 pm by richboy
It was the football team. Waiting for Aaa to respond to see if its a game tonight or postponed

hsindian

Quote from: mossflyer on November 10, 2017, 05:19:53 pm
Do we know if this was the football team or band/spirit squads?
From what I seen on Facebook katv it's all 3 H/WH busses and a pickup. Three busses rear ended the pickup.

Moose

All four buses are there. Only one bus involved in an accident. Prayers for these kids

Ladyfan

Quote from: richboy on November 10, 2017, 05:24:01 pm
It was the football team. Waiting for Aaa to respond to see if its a game tonight or postponed
Postponed.

richboy

richboy

friscokid

Glad to hear everyone is going to be OK. It stinks being stranded so far from home.

Ladyfan

Cowkilr13

Oldbadger

AAA will talk to HWH in the morning and then make a decision.  I hope it's tomorrow night.

Goose0

Oldbadger

Not yet. I mean there are only three choices, Saturday night, Monday night, or, HWH forfiets.  Cant understand the problem.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 11, 2017, 08:42:10 am
Not yet. I mean there are only three choices, Saturday night, Monday night, or, HWH forfiets.  Cant understand the problem.

Probably waiting to see how the HWH players feel this morning. I understand they had several with bumps and bruises from the accident.

Oldbadger

Looks to me like a forfeit is going to be the decision.  Playing Monday wouldnt give the winner ample time for prep for the next game. Games get much tougher from here on in.

Oldbadger

There was a school a couple of years ago that had a wreck, what did they eventually do?

fourpeat

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 11, 2017, 09:31:33 am
There was a school a couple of years ago that had a wreck, what did they eventually do?
I remember when it happened but forgot the teams. They played on Monday night.

mossflyer

If there hasn't been a decision yet, it seems more and more likely to be a forfeit.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 11, 2017, 08:42:10 am

"Can't understand the problem".

Man. Hope arkie's Kids don't ever have this issue.  Good grief.

Oldbadger

Quote from: AirWarren on November 11, 2017, 09:43:50 am
"Can't understand the problem".

Man. Hope arkie's Kids don't ever have this issue.  Good grief.
[/quoteWhich would you think is the right decision?

mossflyer

The bus wreck was a bad deal and by the grace of God, no one was seriously injured.   And I'm sure there's a lot of logistical stuff to work out but a decision should have already been made.

Panther4life

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 11, 2017, 09:31:33 am
Heber Springs had a bus accident in 2015 near the beginning of conference play.  It was coming home from a game so they had a week to get ready for the next Friday night.  They had 3 or 4 starters that where out for a several weeks.  They just did the best they could the remainder of the season.  Prayers for HWH.  Those poor boys their senior night was a wash and now this.

Oldbadger

The logical decision would be to play on Saturday night.  Arkadelphia , im sure , doesnt want Monday because of the lack of prep time.  I really dont see why HWH couldnt play tonight.  The AAA needs to decide now! Time is awasting! Lol

mharris31696

Hot Springs Lakeside had a wreck going to DeQueen a year or two ago. They played on Monday night. The next game was supposed to be moved to Saturday but was still played on Friday if I'm not mistaken.

Oldbadger

Quote from: mharris31696 on November 11, 2017, 09:59:10 am
Hot Springs Lakeside had a wreck going to DeQueen a year or two ago. They played on Monday night. The next game was supposed to be moved to Saturday but was still played on Friday if I'm not mistaken.
This is the one i was talking about.

Maynard G Krebs

The game needs to be played.   Don't understand the delay in decision

Brian G

I think you have several things at play here.

After the trauma of last night, the entire traveling party had to reverse course and go home.  After taking stock, they will regroup and determine if playing Sat night and traveling again on such a short turnaround is possible.

The length of all that had to be a consideration.

I figure we'll hear within the hour.  If they are playing tonight, they obviously need to hit the road again pretty soon.

Brian G

beach bum

Quote from: B.G. on November 11, 2017, 10:32:05 am
HWH has forfeited.

Thanks for the updates as always BG.... Sad deal all around though.

sportsguy80

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 11, 2017, 10:10:06 am
The game needs to be played.   Don't understand the delay in decision
It seems like a lot of things you don't understand like more important issues than playing a game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas