• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crossett at Ozark Round 1

Started by Sports Guru, November 02, 2017, 09:35:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Crossett
5 (18.5%)
Ozark
22 (81.5%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: November 09, 2017, 09:26:02 pm

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on November 10, 2017, 05:47:55 pm
I know the 'ol hillbillies got a radio stream for the game???????

You don't want to listen to Tracy Reed and the Eagle broadcast?? Lol

EagleForLife12

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on November 10, 2017, 06:15:42 pm
You don't want to listen to Tracy Reed and the Eagle broadcast?? Lol
Yea I do but man I can't never get it to work on Tune-in

Sports Guru

LJ06

Sports Guru

Sports Guru

Crossett holds Ozark on 4th and Goal

Sports Guru

35-7 Ozark. Have a safe trip home Eagles

x14113

I didn't know the flexbone had four-wide and trips packages. ;D

Safe travels, Crossett. Your Eagles made a fight of it.

Sports Guru

Well Eagles for the way the season looked from the beginning, it seemed we would go 0-10 way to step it up here at the end. 3-8 may not have been exactly what we wanted but thats how it went for us this year. Congrats to Ozark yall have a safe trip down to Warren next week. Also safe trip to all Eagle fans and students who made the trip up to Ozark tonight.

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: x14113 on November 10, 2017, 09:23:01 pm
I didn't know the flexbone had four-wide and trips packages. ;D

Safe travels, Crossett. Your Eagles made a fight of it.

Now ya know!! Lol. We pretty much changed everything thing after the Monticello game when we changed quarterbacks and we started getting our injured players back. I think if we had started the season with the qb we finished with it would have been a better season. But that my opinion. Y'all better focus on Mr. Burks now. He had 3 tds tonight in the first quarter.

Sports Guru

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on November 10, 2017, 10:05:09 pm
Now ya know!! Lol. We pretty much changed everything thing after the Monticello game when we changed quarterbacks and we started getting our injured players back. I think if we had started the season with the qb we finished with it would have been a better season. But that my opinion. Y'all better focus on Mr. Burks now. He had 3 tds tonight in the first quarter.
Eaglemaniac you think we will improve for a good year in 2018?

Baller14

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on November 10, 2017, 09:55:50 pm
Well Eagles for the way the season looked from the beginning, it seemed we would go 0-10 way to step it up here at the end. 3-8 may not have been exactly what we wanted but thats how it went for us this year. Congrats to Ozark yall have a safe trip down to Warren next week. Also safe trip to all Eagle fans and students who made the trip up to Ozark tonight.
Props to the Eagles for keeping it close the first half. Ozark I know will have to play better next week but would like to hear Crossett fans opinions on the Ozark Warren game.

EagleForLife12

Quote from: Baller14 on November 10, 2017, 10:18:36 pm
Props to the Eagles for keeping it close the first half. Ozark I know will have to play better next week but would like to hear Crossett fans opinions on the Ozark Warren game.
Being the team that has seen both of these teams I would have to give the edge to Warren. Ozark has an great Defense but Warren's Offense will not put its Defense in so many bad positions like ours did, which will be the difference in the game.

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: Baller14 on November 10, 2017, 10:18:36 pm

I have to give the edge to Warren. By no means is that a knock on y'alls team. Warren doesn't make mistakes on offense like we did. I think this will be a 10 difference in Warrens favor.

cjohn1995

November 11, 2017, 09:30:54 am #64 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:02:20 am by cjohn1995
Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on November 10, 2017, 08:56:59 pm
35-7 Ozark. Have a safe trip home Eagles
Crossett played hard until about midway through the 3rd then they kind of let off the gas. Ozark has a good defense but Crossett couldn't convert when they were in the red zone. Play calling wasn't the best either but it could have had more to do with the fundamentally sound defense of Ozark. The Hillbillies offensive skill players were by no means more athletic but they ran the ball harder. With the exception of 3 or 4 big plays, the hillbillies D held Crossett in check the whole night by swarming to the many athletic running backs Crossett threw at them. At times they would bend, but never broke.  The eagles defense held out as long as they could but the offense couldn't capitalize. Ozark won't beat Warren but they will present some challenges to the Lumberjacks. Crossett seems to be trending up slowly but surely and may start surprising some people next year.

green-eagle

Ozark players did quite well and ran their offense pretty good, but I have a some problem with their coach......

you are up something like 35-7 with seven minutes left in the game, with the ball on the 35 due to a turnover by Crossett....you kept your main offense in to run up the score....WHY? another QB and running back would have been accepted......take some knees to run down the clock...

Ozark had a few bad apples playing on the field and some bad apples that wasn't on the field but our buses.....

I hoping that these people are not a true representation of the community..... enough said...

Crossett lost steam when a shuttle pass that was dropped after three steps by the players was ruled an incomplete pass.... if Crossett would have converted a TD from this turnover than the score would have been 14-14....but it wasn't.....

Ozark has a good group of players and ran a good offense...best of luck with the game with Warren....

TurfToe

Quote from: green-eagle on November 13, 2017, 08:13:20 am
Ozark players did quite well and ran their offense pretty good, but I have a some problem with their coach......

you are up something like 35-7 with seven minutes left in the game, with the ball on the 35 due to a turnover by Crossett....you kept your main offense in to run up the score....WHY? another QB and running back would have been accepted......take some knees to run down the clock...

Ozark had a few bad apples playing on the field and some bad apples that wasn't on the field but our buses.....

I hoping that these people are not a true representation of the community..... enough said...

Crossett lost steam when a shuttle pass that was dropped after three steps by the players was ruled an incomplete pass.... if Crossett would have converted a TD from this turnover than the score would have been 14-14....but it wasn't.....

Ozark has a good group of players and ran a good offense...best of luck with the game with Warren....

Even though the score was 35-7, there was still too much time on the clock to pull the starters out. As far as scoring the last TD, it is not the offense's place to lay down and stop. If you are still moving the ball then the defense has to get a stop.

I would never accuse Ozark of "running up the score" simply because I have been to many games where the opportunity was there and we did not do it. Now, if we are running the ball up the middle and the defense can't tackle, that is on the opponent. I am not a coach, but I would never tell a kid to stop playing the game for any reason. I think you run simple plays up the middle and hope the defense makes a stop when the game is out of hand. Sometimes the defense is too far gone to make those stops though.

As for the bus situation....I do not know what happened but I know there were some kids being detained by the school resource officer until their parents came to get them. Definitely not a representation of the community at all. I heard the kids' names and given their family history I am not surprised at their actions. I hope the situation was dealt with swiftly and apologize for their behavior.

Thanks for your well-wishes against Warren. We will certainly need all the help we can get. Looking at the opponents of the 4-4A, I am not sure any team will survive after this Friday night. It's gonna be tough!

green-eagle

Quote from: TurfToe on November 13, 2017, 09:19:20 am
Even though the score was 35-7, there was still too much time on the clock to pull the starters out. As far as scoring the last TD, it is not the offense's place to lay down and stop. If you are still moving the ball then the defense has to get a stop.

I would never accuse Ozark of "running up the score" simply because I have been to many games where the opportunity was there and we did not do it. Now, if we are running the ball up the middle and the defense can't tackle, that is on the opponent. I am not a coach, but I would never tell a kid to stop playing the game for any reason. I think you run simple plays up the middle and hope the defense makes a stop when the game is out of hand. Sometimes the defense is too far gone to make those stops though.

As for the bus situation....I do not know what happened but I know there were some kids being detained by the school resource officer until their parents came to get them. Definitely not a representation of the community at all. I heard the kids' names and given their family history I am not surprised at their actions. I hope the situation was dealt with swiftly and apologize for their behavior.

Thanks for your well-wishes against Warren. We will certainly need all the help we can get. Looking at the opponents of the 4-4A, I am not sure any team will survive after this Friday night. It's gonna be tough!

thanks... I hope these kids gets a good sunday summons from church....

again, the best of luck against Warren...while we are at it.. can you press box announcer get some players name right... my son made six "GREAT " tackle on two defensive stand on the goal line, but the announcer called his name out as someone else... who was not in the game. Now, it's hard to explain to the little wife on why her son name was not  called out.... it made for a long weekend because she is not a sport person.......

Sports Guru

Quote from: TurfToe on November 13, 2017, 09:19:20 am

I dont think the score was intentionally ran up honestly. It was just a tough all around year for Crossett, all the injuries early and inability to capitalize on offense when we needed to most. I believe the Eagles will be way better next year maybe 5-5 or 6-4. Nason is doing what he needs to with the Eagles. Goal for next year needs to be learning to catch the ball and then run and also blocking for the Qb so he has a little more time to find his target down field. Warren is another animal to deal with, they have a stout Defense.

TurfToe

Quote from: green-eagle on November 13, 2017, 09:28:49 am
thanks... I hope these kids gets a good sunday summons from church....

again, the best of luck against Warren...while we are at it.. can you press box announcer get some players name right... my son made six "GREAT " tackle on two defensive stand on the goal line, but the announcer called his name out as someone else... who was not in the game. Now, it's hard to explain to the little wife on why her son name was not  called out.... it made for a long weekend because she is not a sport person.......

I will be of no help on the PA announcer unfortunately. If it helps any, when we played Dover the previous week, a PAT was made by a player sitting on our sidelines with a boot on his foot. Lol! I think it happens everywhere, every week.

I am actually surprised you could hear the announcer at all from the visiting stands. I hear all the time how terrible the sound system is.....

TurfToe

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on November 13, 2017, 09:34:19 am
I dont think the score was intentionally ran up honestly. It was just a tough all around year for Crossett, all the injuries early and inability to capitalize on offense when we needed to most. I believe the Eagles will be way better next year maybe 5-5 or 6-4. Nason is doing what he needs to with the Eagles. Goal for next year needs to be learning to catch the ball and then run and also blocking for the Qb so he has a little more time to find his target down field. Warren is another animal to deal with, they have a stout Defense.

I think you are correct. It sounds like it was a rough year for Crossett all around. As an Ozark fan, I could see loads of talent on the visiting team. I am sure all of the injuries just made for a difficult season and the kids never really got the chance to put it all together.

You guys had a WR that easily had a foot of height on the defender but I am not sure he caught a call all night. Just bad throws, etc. #18 I think.... looked like a beast but I was shocked how little he was targeted. Maybe pull him over to TE? would dominate there probably.

Good luck next season. I think you guys will be much improved if you can stay healthy.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas