• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Lumberjacks vs Arkadelphia badgers. 2017 state championship. Let’s get it started!!!!

Started by POTUS, December 01, 2017, 09:57:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think wins and who do you want to win?

Think Warren/ Want Warren
38 (38.4%)
Warren/Ark
21 (21.2%)
Ark/Warren
3 (3%)
Ark/Ark
37 (37.4%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: December 08, 2017, 05:42:42 pm

AirWarren

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 09, 2017, 10:49:54 pm
I was talking about the streaker last year didn't he make it to the parking lot before being brought down?

I suppose so. I find it odd that people want to do these things.

STUNNA

Not that it matter and their wasn't a lot of time to process the it but before the kid ran on the field Burks could have just thrown the ball at his full backs feet and they could have got another play i believe.

sevenof400

A reminder to all: it has been made clear that political discussion is NOT a part of this board.  It should not have to be said this includes attempts at humor involving political references. Don't go there.

In the meantime, because this thread has so much activity, it would be sad to lose this thread in its entirety. If you post has been edited by me, it was with this in mind. 

PLEASE KEEP THE DISCUSSION ON THE GAME

and

if in doubt about something you are going to post, READ THE RULES OF THE BOARD.

Thank you, and now back to this discussion.

AirWarren

Lifetime OWL/Temp BADGER

Was I the only one to see the Warren coach drag the play off the field after the Burks interception. He had no idea how bad the kid was hurt. Yes the kid made an illegal block, that does now warrant be dragged off the field. I was thought that was disgraceful.

STUNNA

Quote from: Lifetime OWL/Temp BADGER on December 10, 2017, 10:17:40 am
Was I the only one to see the Warren coach drag the play off the field after the Burks interception. He had no idea how bad the kid was hurt. Yes the kid made an illegal block, that does now warrant be dragged off the field. I was thought that was disgraceful.
Should have never been a penalty. The kid got hit fell to ground and Arkadelphia player going after Burks ran into him and they called it blocking below the knees.. another bad piece of officiating.

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on December 10, 2017, 10:25:38 am
Should have never been a penalty. The kid got hit fell to ground and Arkadelphia player going after Burks ran into him and they called it blocking below the knees.. another bad piece of officiating.
I don't know, but I'm seeing a lot of complaining/whining from the guys that supposedly don't do that.😃

Trojanbird

How many times was the Warren sideline warned about interference?  How many times did the Warren coach get into the way of the ref/bump into him?  At times he was out between the numbers.  At what point should he have been ejected from the game?  It's not just on the refs, or the typical Warren fan, Bo also had a play in this.

STUNNA

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 10, 2017, 10:42:45 am
I don't know, but I'm seeing a lot of complaining/whining from the guys that supposedly don't do that.😃

We have shown Arkadelphia plenty of respect. You guys have a very good team and are 2017 state champs. Doesn't mean officiating was not bad both ways.

mharris31696

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 10, 2017, 10:42:45 am

Seems about 4 years ago (before I got on here) when the Arkadelphia faithful were complaining about refs it was all justified. My how times have changed. Haha

Lifetime OWL/Temp BADGER

Quote from: STUNNA on December 10, 2017, 10:25:38 am

So you're ok with a coach dragging the player off the field? My post was about that. Not the officiating.

STUNNA

Quote from: Lifetime OWL/Temp BADGER on December 10, 2017, 11:10:15 am
So you're ok with a coach dragging the player off the field? My post was about that. Not the officiating.

Did not see that. Definitely not cool if a coach drug a player off the field.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Lifetime OWL/Temp BADGER on December 10, 2017, 11:10:15 am
I didn't like that either but that coach knows that player and they have a pretty good relationship. Not an excuse for the coach, just a little insight.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: STUNNA on December 10, 2017, 07:35:26 am
Not that it matter and their wasn't a lot of time to process the it but before the kid ran on the field Burks could have just thrown the ball at his full backs feet and they could have got another play i believe.

Still can't do that.  It's all about intent and the intent would be to conserve time. EXCEPTION: It is legal to conserve time by intentionally throwing the ball forward to the ground immediately after receiving a direct hand-to-hand snap.

STUNNA

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 10, 2017, 12:44:21 pm
Still can't do that.  It's all about intent and the intent would be to conserve time. EXCEPTION: It is legal to conserve time by intentionally throwing the ball forward to the ground immediately after receiving a direct hand-to-hand snap.
So you can't throw the ball at the feet of an eligible receiver?

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: STUNNA on December 10, 2017, 12:46:23 pm
So you can't throw the ball at the feet of an eligible receiver?

Not in that situation. I don't think they were planning on it. I think it was a Tebow pass or Burks running it in.

STUNNA

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 10, 2017, 12:49:45 pm
Not in that situation. I don't think they were planning on it. I think it was a Tebow pass or Burks running it in.
I agree. I think Burks was gonna try and run it in.

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on December 10, 2017, 10:45:21 am
We have shown Arkadelphia plenty of respect. You guys have a very good team and are 2017 state champs. Doesn't mean officiating was not bad both ways.

Thanks for the congrats, it's appreciated. But, if the tables were turned I imagine you would be singing a different tune. If warren had scored in the end, I doubt you would have shown much sympathy for complaints about the blown call on the obvious warren fumble on the final drive.

STUNNA

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 10, 2017, 01:25:37 pm
Thanks for the congrats, it's appreciated. But, if the tables were turned I imagine you would be singing a different tune. If warren had scored in the end, I doubt you would have shown much sympathy for complaints about the blown call on the obvious warren fumble on the final drive.

Lol didn't you guys do plenty of complaining in 2013 about refs?

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on December 10, 2017, 01:34:52 pm
Lol didn't you guys do plenty of complaining in 2013 about refs?
I'm sure we did, and rightfully so; and y'all were sure to point out that we were airing our complaints. In fact it's been pointed out again in this thread b/4 the game. I'm just surprised to find out y'all aren't above doing the same. After all we were assured by y'all that y'all were above such pettiness.
Anyway great game, Warren was scary good, I'm sure barring injuries they'll make another run for Little Rock next year.

polksalet

I'd have never never guessed warren and Nashville would have finished the same this year.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: polksalet on December 10, 2017, 03:05:37 pm
I'd have never never guessed warren and Nashville would have finished the same this year.
Warren is 2nd place
Nashville is 2nd round
That does compute as equal...not!

hogfan10

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 10, 2017, 03:12:37 pm
Warren is 2nd place
Nashville is 2nd round
That does compute as equal...not!
From what I've seen I'd say that Arkadelphia, Warren & Robinson are clearly the top 3, and I'm not sure I'd put any of those above the other. Luckily for us, Arkadelphia won the title, but Warren or Robinson could have just as well. Proud of those Badgers, they found a way to win in the end.

bleudog

NFHS rule book: 
CLICK HERE

I didn't watch the entire game.  Did Warren have sideline infractions earlier in the game?

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 10, 2017, 03:24:19 pm
From what I've seen I'd say that Arkadelphia, Warren & Robinson are clearly the top 3, and I'm not sure I'd put any of those above the other. Luckily for us, Arkadelphia won the title, but Warren or Robinson could have just as well. Proud of those Badgers, they found a way to win in the end.
I agree with your top 3 but the trophy goes home with #1, went home with the Badgers.

bleudog

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 10, 2017, 03:24:19 pm
From what I’ve seen I’d say that Arkadelphia, Warren & Robinson are clearly the top 3, and I’m not sure I’d put any of those above the other. Luckily for us, Arkadelphia won the title, but Warren or Robinson could have just as well. Proud of those Badgers, they found a way to win in the end.

http://calpreps.com/2017/ratings/Arkansas_division.htm#4A

JohnMarkTomayo

I don't have a stake in who won the game but in watching the game on the NFHS network today it's pretty clear the Warren runner fumbled and Arkadelphia recovered at about the 00:29 mark of the game. The runner was ruled down by the official.

Obviously, if called correctly AHS takes one snap, kneels, and it's over. So the "Refs stole victory from us" thing clearly swings both ways.

thabeast428

Obviously tho there is a difference in a missed call than calling the penalty on Warren for something they had no control over. But if Warren would of gotten the chance to kick field goal and make it then everyone would be saying the same thing that Warren is saying but Either way it was a good game

Oldbadger

This has been rehashed several times on the other threads.  What did Warren intend to do. We can only guess until and if the Coach tells us.  But it did not look as if Burkes was going to spike it, which would have resulted in a penalty anyway. It looked to me as if he was going to run the same play as before, probably feeling he could beat Scott the next time one-on-one. If so, he may have scored which would have ended the game in Warren`s favor, or he may have been stopped again, probably with additional help this time. He received the snap at three seconds so that was going to be the last play no matter what. Clock stopped at 3 seconds, which was in Warrens favor, because they had no time outs left. Since the clock was stopped Warren now had time to formulate a plan.  They could try a field goal into the wind (this is after the 15 yards had been added) which wouldnt be smart. Or they could run at least 2 plays from the 24.  As successful as they had been all day, a 15 yard penalty and Warrens having two plays to score , was probably a bad thing for the Badgers.  Then a good thing happened for the Badgers, Warren didnt target Burke, and they threw a pic. So, it cant be said they would try a field goal to win , since that was not the plan.  They had 2 chances from the 24, we know what happened then.  So, it boils down to two bad refs opinions and actions.  Giving the fumble back to Warren 2 plays earlier , game over, or, penalizing Warren for the intruder.  Both were bad, who knows if the outcome would be different?

ABC™

I was surprised a ref had the fortitude to throw not only 1 but 2 flags on Bo. Kudos to them for making him follow the rules that all other coaches in this state are subject to.

Thought that was pretty bad that he just snubbed Eldridge after the game. Some of you claim other fans may be classless, but your coach was yesterday.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

If Bo didn't shake Eldridge's hand after the game, that does make us look bad. Hope it's because he was chasing down the refs and not meant as as snub to the coaching staff.  Those sideline warnings have bit him twice in the rear. This game and '14. He is the only one that can change that habit.
He is pompous I'll give you guys that. Lol. But I don't think he's classless. I hope he's gotten in touch with Eldridge by now and congratulated him and his team.

03Badger

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 10, 2017, 07:07:02 pm
If Bo didn't shake Eldridge's hand after the game, that does make us look bad. Hope it's because he was chasing down the refs and not meant as as snub to the coaching staff.  Those sideline warnings have bit him twice in the rear. This game and '14. He is the only one that can change that habit.
He is pompous I'll give you guys that. Lol. But I don't think he's classless. I hope he's gotten in touch with Eldridge by now and congratulated him and his team.

Thanks for ackowledging my concern.  I too hope he called Eldridge and made it right.

Oldbadger

Wonderdog

Quote from: Code3Cat on December 09, 2017, 07:55:41 pm
A few observations

1.  They should do away with the MVP award if they arent going to give it to the right person.  Burks was the best player on the field hands down.  The award doesnt say anything about going to the best player on the winning team.

2.  No way I think Bo sends the person onto the field to stop the clock, especially a student knowing there would be some serious issues afterwards. 

3.  I would have taken my chance on the last play from the 9 yard line with the ball in Burks hands.

3 1/2. Thought the penalty on Warren was horrible.

4.  Why was Warren awarded 12 secs after the penalty when it was clear there was around 3 on the clock when the fan ran on the field.?

5. I hear TV announcer say all the time "its to early to chase points", but Warren had 2 opportunities to go for 2 that would have potentially tied the game.

6. Arkadelphia played well enough to win the game, but Warren deserved 3 secs from the 9 yard to try to win. 

7. Would like to know how the officials are picked for the finals?

8. Both teams were well coached and had great seasons.
I agree with the bolded statements. I would like to add a couple notes of my own though.

1. Officials were put in a situation that was impossible to come out "satisfying" to all parties.

2. I read where AirWarren said he saw the student in the stands, so I assume that is where he came from prior to being on the field? Not sure though.

3. Burks was incredible to watch.

4. #25 for Arkadelphia gets my play of the day sticker. I didn't believe for a second when Burks scrambled right that the kid was going to tackle him one on one.

5. I am not privy to the rule regarding such a unique situation, but Warren would have came out of the situation very well had they been allowed to try the field goal from the 9 yard line. They were clearly not going to have time to rush the field goal unit out originally, and appeared to be trying to run a play.

6. Very entertaining game for a football fan and a story to be told for many years on the wild events in the final 4 minutes.

JoeWho

Quote from: polksalet on December 10, 2017, 03:05:37 pm

No need to guess, they did not.  ;D

N2DEEP

Quote from: STUNNA on December 10, 2017, 10:46:05 am
https://twitter.com/86joeski/status/939578778363326464

Good no call here.. lol

Still wondering how this was not deemed targeting?

He led with the crown of his helmet and contacted the runner on his lower facemask, upper mid shoulder pads.

Only think I can think of is the refs where out of position to see it properly.

If Burks had been ejected there, game over for Warren.

STUNNA

Quote from: N2DEEP on December 11, 2017, 06:44:42 am
Still wondering how this was not deemed targeting?

He led with the crown of his helmet and contacted the runner on his lower facemask, upper mid shoulder pads.

Only think I can think of is the refs where out of position to see it properly.

If Burks had been ejected there, game over for Warren.

lol

mossflyer

Correct me if I'm wrong but is targeting even a penalty in high school?  I don't think I've ever remembered it being called if it is.

hogfan10

Quote from: mossflyer on December 11, 2017, 07:53:51 am
Correct me if I'm wrong but is targeting even a penalty in high school?  I don't think I've ever remembered it being called if it is.

I assume it is, as I've seen it called in Jr High games over the past few years. I've actually heard a few people question that play. I thought it was clean; not a defenseless player, and not standing stationary.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Targeting comes in to play when a player doesn't know he's about to be hit I think.

BP74

Targeting can be anytime player leads with helmet. But I don't think that play is worthy of it. Great play by a great player 

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: BP74 on December 11, 2017, 08:33:42 am
Targeting can be anytime player leads with helmet. But I don't think that play is worthy of it. Great play by a great player
I don't think it was targeting either. Factor in the height difference and the weight advantage of Burks and it's a good open field tackle. The hit didn't even phase the Badger return man.

mossflyer

I agree that no penalty should have been called on that play. Unbelievable play and tackle by Burks. That's what football is all about.

STUNNA

That was an elite play if he doesn't get off those holds and make a tackle that is most likely a touchdown.

Oldbadger

I really think Burkes had a few physical repercussions as a result of that tackle.  He was complaining with his back later in the game.  When you hit someone that hard you take some punishment too!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas